AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-02, 13:35   Link #23261
Chris38

Well, there is also the question if R+V would be capable of being released in a weekly format, and reaching the current point in the story.

After all, ecchi manga (I know that in the recent chapter's the ecchiness has been reduced, but I'm talking about the series as a whole) sometimes tend to suffer, when released in weekly format, not to mention that we don't even know if the story would be capable of reaching it's current point, considering the amount of time it has taken for it, to reach it's current point.

I mean to say that it has taken a quite long period of time for the story to develop, and considering how often a good weekly manga "drop" occurs, well it's pretty much unknown if Ikeda would be even capable of reaching this manga's "good point" in a weekly format.

In my opinion, it wouldn't be possible, since judging from Ikeda's writing / drawing style, he is much more suited to release his manga in a monthly format, and there isn't anything we can do about it.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 15:49   Link #23262
Ghanw
(-_-)

Yes the monthly wait is a bitch, but season 1 use to be a weekly manga but then afterwords the author switched to monthly, the mangaka must have a reason for the switch...
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 16:03   Link #23263
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanw View Post
Yes the monthly wait is a bitch, but season 1 use to be a weekly manga but then afterwords the author switched to monthly, the mangaka must have a reason for the switch...
No it has never been a weekly manga. The reason why it has been released in a weekly schedule has been caused by the fact that the fan translation team has been releasing the english version chapters when the entire R+V volumes (about 4 monthly chapters) have been released in Japan + a few more delays.

In Japan, the chapters have always been released in a monthly format, but the international manga fan community has never experienced that, because of the release schedule the fan translation community had.
Old 2012-11-02, 16:15   Link #23264
Ghanw
(-_-)

^oh it was, my bad than i never bothered to check the japanese site.
But monthly vs weekly each has its pros and cons so you really cant say one is better than the other.
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 16:58   Link #23265
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I just don't really like the pure shounen action that it's become. It's always been more of a romantic comedy with some action mixed in. These last arcs have really made it incredibly action heavy, doing an almost complete genre shift. I stopped reading Bleach and Naruto because I'm no longer a huge fan of pure action. Sadly, that's what's happened here.
Old 2012-11-02, 17:01   Link #23266
Johnny
Working the bags...

Well they are fighting the end bosses so not much room for comedy. I personally would rather not see multiple chapters filled with side character fights, but that's just me...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 18:47   Link #23267
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I just don't really like the pure shounen action that it's become. It's always been more of a romantic comedy with some action mixed in. These last arcs have really made it incredibly action heavy, doing an almost complete genre shift. I stopped reading Bleach and Naruto because I'm no longer a huge fan of pure action. Sadly, that's what's happened here.
These are the reasons that i can think of:

1.There are probably readers who got tired of the ecchi and the comedy. Same how Katekyoushi hitman reborn became a action/adventure manga from a gag manga.

2.The editor probably saw that the series have potential when it comes to story.

3.It got popular enough that ikeda focused on the plot rather than the fan-service and comedy.

Just my side of the coin.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 18:52   Link #23268
tomboy8888
Bloody Vampire Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
My opinion is that Tsukune (a human .?. ) has to prove he's worthy of courting any and/or all of those highly ranked female monsters. What better way to prove that than by out monstering them It also helps to eliminate the competition (Ikeda seems to be pairing up the younger girls right now, we'll see what the future holds). We'll get our romantic comedy back. Eventually. All Hallows at the school this year should be interesting, and hopefully not total chaos like last year . As should Xmas and, especially, Valentines and White Day... laughs hysterically at the idea

Last edited by tomboy8888; 2012-11-02 at 18:56. Reason: ...spelling...
tomboy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 20:04   Link #23269
fate2011

I like the shounen action.
If you don't like it.You don't have to see it.
fate2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 22:44   Link #23270
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
I pretty much dropped Bleach and Naruto even before they entered into their second seasons in the case of the animes, and I just knew the mangas would be worse falling into what I call the DBZ Syndrome. I could see it from miles away... Fights that go on seemingly forever, and redundant stories that revolve around those fights, and little else. Sure there's comedy, romance and even a bit of horror, but it's the action fights that take center stage with little or no character development.

Focusing on one path of plot is all fine and good, but to throw everything including the kitchen sink into that path, while those other elements could do better served as their own sub-plots at other times instead of cramming them into one singular continuous stream, and not explaining them in the least... which is PRECISELY what the last 2 chapters have been doing by throwing just about EVERYONE into a huge battle royal and then cramming it all into monthly chapters that literally jump around frantically.

Not really my style, but for R+V I'm gritting my teeth and hoping something developmental actually happens once the dust clears, IF it clears, that is...
Old 2012-11-03, 01:21   Link #23271
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

One thing that confuses me about impatient fans is that a bunch of romantic development IS occurring. Did anyone miss "The Place he arrived at" or "Pledge"?

Its progressing guys, I really don't see how this arc is bad. In fact, it makes these moments so much more emotionally charged. And the situations it sets up!

Just imagine the blimp ride back and the awkward science between Tsukune and Moka....

RV has always been a hybrid romance/action, so this sort of "battle arc" isn't something new, by far. People forget that this is the exact same caliber that the first season went through.

And I'll say it once more. Fights have only taken about 2 chapters. Mark my words, this arc will reach the apex very, very soon.
Old 2012-11-03, 01:39   Link #23272
Chris38

I guess you beat me to it, Mach.

I will just add that I also think that there are going to be some serious romantic developments, after the current battle ends.

After all, I doubt that Ikeda would reveal all of this information related with Moka's Rosario, not to mention break the seal again, if he actually meant to return things to the way it was, before the current arc occurred.

In other words, I definitely expect some changes in Inner Moka's and Tsukune's relationship, due to... well, the potential loss of "Outer Moka", who, in my opinion, might not survive the events of the current arc.
Old 2012-11-03, 03:44   Link #23273
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
I guess you beat me to it, Mach.

I will just add that I also think that there are going to be some serious romantic developments, after the current battle ends.

After all, I doubt that Ikeda would reveal all of this information related with Moka's Rosario, not to mention break the seal again, if he actually meant to return things to the way it was, before the current arc occurred.

In other words, I definitely expect some changes in Inner Moka's and Tsukune's relationship, due to... well, the potential loss of "Outer Moka", who, in my opinion, might not survive the events of the current arc.
but it would be fun and interesting if at the end when allucard is defeated... outer moka's existence would manifest itself and get her own body throught allucards remains (akashas blood is in there...and she looks exaclly like outer moka)

so there would be 2mokas...both love tsukune...so tsukune would be pushed to the wall under the question who will he choose XD
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 03:55   Link #23274
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
but it would be fun and interesting if at the end when allucard is defeated... outer moka's existence would manifest itself and get her own body throught allucards remains (akashas blood is in there...and she looks exaclly like outer moka)

so there would be 2mokas...both love tsukune...so tsukune would be pushed to the wall under the question who will he choose XD
Personally I doubt such an convenient resolution, of this "problem" is going to occur.

In the first place, we don't even have a clue if Alucard is actually going to be defeated in the current arc, due to his high regeneration ability and some of his other hax parameters.

I think that the more likely occurrence is, that he is going to be sealed in someway, using the "Alucard control device" that the Rosario has been turned into as it's "key".
Old 2012-11-03, 13:16   Link #23275
X207
Gamyūsa

i dont beleive that Moka will ever become 2 seperate beings. i find it more likely that her personalities would fuse together. i cant guess which outer appearance she'd have but she'd probably have the strength availble 24/7.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 13:37   Link #23276
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

I personally find it hard to find a escape route for Omote... All we know is that if the seal breaks she will cease to exist......and that is what is occurring. Any other sort of route seems to be a big back-track and evasion of previous canon. I don't want it to happen, but its just not feasible for everything to magically return to normal.

This arc is going to have long term effects. Its not like they're going to go back to the Academy and seemingly forget about what just happened like every other Shonen Manga...

... and that is why RV is so good. It doesn't jump from arc to arc and ignore previous ones. When something big like this happens, it has a HUGE effect and development. It does it much better than most crummy Shonen series.

For Omote... I originally hoped for a "fusion" effect to occur, but at the moment, all I can see is her and Tsukune sharing one last emotional moment before she fades away...
Old 2012-11-03, 13:58   Link #23277
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach56gs View Post
I personally find it hard to find a escape route for Omote... All we know is that if the seal breaks she will cease to exist......and that is what is occurring. Any other sort of route seems to be a big back-track and evasion of previous canon. I don't want it to happen, but its just not feasible for everything to magically return to normal.

This arc is going to have long term effects. Its not like they're going to go back to the Academy and seemingly forget about what just happened like every other Shonen Manga...

... and that is why RV is so good. It doesn't jump from arc to arc and ignore previous ones. When something big like this happens, it has a HUGE effect and development. It does it much better than most crummy Shonen series.

For Omote... I originally hoped for a "fusion" effect to occur, but at the moment, all I can see is her and Tsukune sharing one last emotional moment before she fades away...
I hate to say this ....but I agree with you here.
Omote already finish her job (if I'm right ) and like Cris say we probally see changes in Inner Moka's and Tsukune's relationship from now on.
We already see that Inner have some part of omote ....like with the cake incident so we will probally see their relationship grow after this and help each other to overcome the lose of Omote.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 14:05   Link #23278
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach56gs View Post

i kind of support your last statement (a bit saddening imo) though i do hope that she retains some behavioural traits of Omote. i cant see her going on with 2 different personalities though a silver-haired inner Moka that partially behaves like Omote.

if you've ever read Change 123, the main character is a girl with 3-4 other alternate personalities.
spoiler alert for Change 123 final ch 60
Spoiler:
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 14:24   Link #23279
Chris38

Well, there is another explanation of the recent changes in Inner Moka's behavior.

After all, Inner Moka certainly had "Outer Moka" qualities when she was a child, and I doubt that she lost them, when the Rosario was put on her.

It's just that, as it was explained in chapter 54, she didn't want to lose someone important to her again, which is the possible reason, why she suppressed that part of her character.

Not to mention, she thought that Tsukune would run away from her, as it has been explained in chapter 55, and Tsukune's recent power up, definitely affected Inner Moka, which might also caused her to be more open, with her "true" feelings, then before.

Now the question is, how she is going to react, once she realizes the dangers of Tsukune's recent power up's, which, in my opinion, are definitely going to be revealed to her, in the future chapters.
Old 2012-11-03, 14:36   Link #23280
Soji

X207@ I remember that one.(change 123) I see what you mean.

Chris38@ Inner will be pissed at him.
I can see her want to have a loong talk with him about how reckless he was.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire