AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2017-01-06, 05:07   Link #141
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post

Back on-topic: In all seriousness, how are they going to continue the story WELL?
Lelouch entire plan is for Schienzel to run Britainnia while loyal to Zero/Nunally. If Schienzel dies (can be of natural cause) Lelouch plans will backfires spectacularly (like always).

Having people like Suzaku and Ougi to run countries are disasters waiting to be happened so Lelouch had to come out to solve the problems. Here is a theory I propose how they will continue the story:

Schienzel died of natural cause a few months after R2, thus ruining Lelouch plan for a better world (Lelouch knew everyone is incompetent to run a country so he set up such elaborate scheme to Geass Schienzel). Soon after conflict in Japan arises as incompetent Ougi (a popular theme in Japanimation is that nice, incompetent leaders doing more harm than not as nice, competent leaders) makes the country and its citizens doing worse than it was under Britainnia's rule. Soon the mob rushed the Ougi's residence and killing him in the process. Villetta escapes and vowed revenge while Kallen is confused as to what she should do since she fought hard of this outcome and yet the outcome is not what she envisioned.

Meanwhile without Schienzel Nanally and Suzaku suffers similar fate - Britainnia broken down, suffering attack from the EU and Chinese Federation breaking alliance with Britainnia (Xingke once said the alliance is for the benefit for the CF - with Britainnia no longer able to hold itself Xingke will break alliance for the good of CF). The war between EU is so bad that Suzaku has to go to the front line. During that time Nanally gone missing and the world is in bigger chaos than in R1/R2. That prompts Lelouch to come back to protect Nanally once again.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-10, 11:26   Link #142
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Hypothetical what if here. Schneizel technically doesn't even need to be geassed anymore to effectively utilize Lelouch's plan.

At the end of the day, they both wanted the same thing, peace. They just went about it differently. Now that Lelouch's ideal won in the end, even if the geass on Schneizel is undone, I don't think he'll just go apeshit and throw the world back into chaos. There's a huge possibility that he'll simply accept Lelouch's world and continue serving either Zero (Doesn't necessarily need to be Suzaku since Lelouch made Zero into a symbol rather than an icon) or Nunnally.

I don't think him dying of natural causes makes any sense either. There was no foreshadowing for that whatsoever in the original series and introducing it as a plot point or off-screen event will really cheapen the writing of the show.

Best bet for the sequel is that another geass related faction decides to surface and has their own ambitions regarding the state of the world. I'm also gonna place my bets on a new immortal character being the antagonist (It'd be ideal if C.C. isn't familiar with said immortal either). I say that because, if it's revealed that she is acquainted with this character, then again, the writing could be cheapened by this revelation. (first question the viewers are going to ask themselves is why didn't she tell Lelouch about them so he could do something about it before fulfilling Zero Requiem?)

------------
On a side note, I'm kinda looking forward to the sequel to see how many of Lelouch's siblings actually survived. Well, Cornelia, Schneizel and Nunnally are no-brainers, but I'm referring to those who had no screen-time whatsoever after the Pendragon FLEIJA incident.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-10, 14:11   Link #143
devilo96

This month we get a recap movie right?
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-10, 15:28   Link #144
Xenomorph555
Verified Kurumi Clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
correct, i believe theres going to be multiple.... 3 if i remember correctly
Xenomorph555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-10, 17:35   Link #145
Xander

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenomorph555 View Post
correct, i believe theres going to be multiple.... 3 if i remember correctly
I believe that "January" bit was a mistranslation. Most news sources didn't pick it up. In other words, we shouldn't expect the recap movie this month.

No specific dates have been announced. If we were less than one month from the premiere, advertisements and other types of publicity would be available.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-10, 22:22   Link #146
devilo96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
I believe that "January" bit was a mistranslation. Most news sources didn't pick it up. In other words, we shouldn't expect the recap movie this month.

No specific dates have been announced. If we were less than one month from the premiere, advertisements and other types of publicity would be available.
yup still no news about recap movie and....still no official trailer for R3
so maybe fall-winter 2017 we can get R3
Old 2017-01-10, 22:46   Link #147
n0m@n
C-Z

Ougi who is the prime minister of Japan getting assassinated at the beginning of the new series. That would certainly make my day.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 02:28   Link #148
konart

Quote:
yup still no news about recap movie and....still no official trailer for R3
so maybe fall-winter 2017 we can get R3
Highly unlikely. Some time in 2018 is the best guess right now.
Old 2017-01-11, 03:50   Link #149
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

If Jigoku Shoujo taught me one thing, it's not to open what has been properly closed.
And I feel the same way about this thing. But if this season can come up with a believable and satisfactory reason for its existence, that's fine too. And no, ninjas are not good deux ex machina.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 09:18   Link #150
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Ougi who is the prime minister of Japan getting assassinated at the beginning of the new series. That would certainly make my day.
While I think I can understand that sentiment. I would much rather Ohgi suffer and suffer and suffer. Violetta get's it's much worse I hope.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 09:23   Link #151
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
If Jigoku Shoujo taught me one thing, it's not to open what has been properly closed.
Lol, but I think Geass already went through this with r2 if rumors are correct
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 12:15   Link #152
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Does it make me a depraved human being to say that I'd enjoy that from the bottom of my heart? I'm not normally one who'd wish for a character to die just because I dislike them, but you've gotta really and I mean REALLY try hard to make me hate you if I reach that point.

He's the one character I still can't forgive for what he did. Viletta was coerced into being an ally and was still way more useful to Lelouch than Ougi ever was. Her betraying him made sense, but Ougi, nope, his betrayal was simply a matter of him being pu$$y whipped... -_-

Had Ougi firmly stood by Lelouch's side when Schneizel tried to turn the BK against him, Ougi's resolve alone would've been enough to raise morale to stop Schneizel's advance and prevent shit from hitting the fan the way it did. (As annoying as I find the guy, his ability to raise group morale and unify everyone is legit, he's just a spineless wimp is all.)

Sure the matter of everyone being Lelouch's possible geass puppets was an issue, but that should've been dealt with internally instead of the way they decided to handle it in the end. At the end of the day, Lelouch did use them, no denying that, but he did in his own way, treasure his comrades and looked out for them.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2017-01-11, 15:01   Link #153
Xenomorph555
Verified Kurumi Clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Does it make me a depraved human being to say that I'd enjoy that from the bottom of my heart? I'm not normally one who'd wish for a character to die just because I dislike them, but you've gotta really and I mean REALLY try hard to make me hate you if I reach that point.
You're not a depraved human for wishing him to get a peaceful and quick assassination death.....

Being a depraved human would be wishing for him to get betrayed and tortured Higurashi style with Viletta getting the SAO treatment right in front of him; then killed.... you could even turn it up a notch by killing their kid....

Of course, this person also happens to be me
Xenomorph555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 14:04   Link #154
devilo96

how to make original anime get another season....make a open ending and then wait for 10 years if the fans still argue about the ending make another season......

if R3 for 2018.... let me guess we will get another 24eps for R3 and then if the rating is good enough we get R4

1 years is enough to prepare 24 eps (hope we can get gundam 00 quality LOL)
and code geass the only original mecha anime that have 72 eps in total if R3 really 24 eps
Old 2017-01-12, 20:12   Link #155
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
While I think I can understand that sentiment. I would much rather Ohgi suffer and suffer and suffer. Violetta get's it's much worse I hope.
Lol, so true. Violetta wasn't that bad due to her sexy sex appeals. Though Ougi was a fanatic from the first season. Him getting the happiest end at the end of R2 was what made me hate him even more. ....How I wished he perished inside the burning ship...

Quote:
Nope, you still have a human heart I can't find any other character I hate in that series

Quote:
He's the one character I still can't forgive for what he did. Viletta was coerced into being an ally and was still way more useful to Lelouch than Ougi ever was. Her betraying him made sense, but Ougi, nope, his betrayal was simply a matter of him being pu$$y whipped... -_-
True. I mean Ougi made the other BKs believe in Zero soon as he was saved from execution at the early part of R2. Then he turns against him when he sees the opportunity... I guess love makes people blind. We can't blame Diethard for blackmailing him since Ougi was clearly at fault by creating his own weakness.

Quote:
Had Ougi firmly stood by Lelouch's side when Schneizel tried to turn the BK against him, Ougi's resolve alone would've been enough to raise morale to stop Schneizel's advance and prevent shit from hitting the fan the way it did. (As annoying as I find the guy, his ability to raise group morale and unify everyone is legit, he's just a spineless wimp is all.)
I wonder how Ougi determined that the country which took over his country and killed millions of his people is more trustworthy than the guy who has been leading them despite the issues Zero had... In a sense the Black Knights betrayed their country back then. A single conference completely changing their opinion about their leader huh. Another question is why they tried to shoot him to death. I mean Ougi made a deal with Schneizel about getting Japan back. And Schnizel asked to hand over Lelouch. Wonder is Schneizel meant it as Lelouch's corpse or it was simply the Black Knights that were consumed by anger and taking that action.

Last edited by n0m@n; 2017-01-12 at 20:43.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 16:48   Link #156
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenomorph555 View Post
You're not a depraved human for wishing him to get a peaceful and quick assassination death.....

Being a depraved human would be wishing for him to get betrayed and tortured Higurashi style with Viletta getting the SAO treatment right in front of him; then killed.... you could even turn it up a notch by killing their kid....

Of course, this person also happens to be me
Haha. I had a good laugh with that one.

Tbh, I really do hope that the concept of karma exists in CG. (Considering all that Lelouch went through, I do think that's the case) Because, I want Ougi to get some kinda comeuppance for what he did to "Zero" (specifically referring to Zero and not Lelou here. I"ll explain why below) in the end. (In Viletta's case, I don't hold anything against her since her situation is completely understandable, but if she's affected by Ougi's karma, so be it.)

If we look at it from that standpoint, Lelouch made Zero into a symbol representing freedom and independence, and to a lesser extent, Zero also represents the embodiment of Japan since Zero originated from and started his rebellion/movement there.

So, taking it from that PoV, Ougi didn't betray his leader or a single person, but rather his entire country. For such a man to become the prime minister in the aftermath, is in poor taste.

Quote:
Lol, so true. Violetta wasn't that bad due to her sexy sex appeals. Though Ougi was a fanatic from the first season. Him getting the happiest end at the end of R2 was what made me hate him even more. ....How I wished he perished inside the burning ship...
Sex appeal aside, as I previously noted; she was coerced/forced into being his subordinate. ie. she wasn't loyal to begin with, therefore, I place no blame on her for betraying him. Ougi is the one I direct all my hostility towards.

Also, I completely agree, I view him as the biggest scum among the BK after the betrayal and him getting the happiest ending out of everyone in the end... really did leave me feeling bitter.

Quote:
Nope, you still have a human heart I can't find any other character I hate in that series
Good to know I've not fallen yet.

Quote:
True. I mean Ougi made the other BKs believe in Zero soon as he was saved from execution at the early part of R2. Then he turns against him when he sees the opportunity... I guess love makes people blind. We can't blame Diethard for blackmailing him since Ougi was clearly at fault by creating his own weakness.

I wonder how Ougi determined that the country which took over his country and killed millions of his people is more trustworthy than the guy who has been leading them despite the issues Zero had... In a sense the Black Knights betrayed their country back then. A single conference completely changing their opinion about their leader huh. Another question is why they tried to shoot him to death. I mean Ougi made a deal with Schneizel about getting Japan back. And Schnizel asked to hand over Lelouch. Wonder is Schneizel meant it as Lelouch's corpse or it was simply the Black Knights that were consumed by anger and taking that action.
Yup, pretty much. He has a type of natural charisma where he can unify and appease people without saying or doing much. His presence alone is enough to reassure people that everything's alright... Such an ability is wasted on him.

Lelouch's charisma is characteristically different from his since Lelouch needs to deliver empowering speeches and deliver results for people to rally behind him. Still, once Lelouch gets in your head, he's pretty much there to stay... unless you're Ougi and one little speech about getting your country back... is enough for everyone else to turn on the one guy who kept them alive for so long, seemingly forgetting all the battles you've survived together and the fact that he alone is the only reason why you were able to rebel against an entire empire instead of just being a pest with petty terrorism.

But hey, you know what? Let's forget all that and only consider the fact that he has a power that he may or may have not used on us and betray him because our rebellion is now at a point that he don't necessarily need him anymore... (They don't realize that Schneizel is essentially Britannia's equivalent to Lelouch, once Lelouch is removed from the equation, taking back Japan should be a breeze for him. -_-)

I honestly don't think it mattered to Schneizel if Lelouch died or not. He just wanted him out of the picture, so imprisonment of death didn't matter at all. Once he was gone, that's that.

But, he does feel some kind of bond towards his siblings, I'll give him that. It's just, by the same token, he can easily discard them if they become a hindrance to any of his plans or if they're no longer useful to him (gunning down Cornelia and intentionally abandoning Nunnally on Damocles). He's a complete bastard in that regard, though, by calling him out on that, I can say the same for Lelouch since anyone who isn't (Nunnally, Suzaku or Kallen) more or less got the same treatment. Though, I will say that Lelouch still cared for his "pawns" a lot more than Schneizel ever did/will.

------
@mods: This was no means a bashing post directed to a specific character, it is by all means a legitimate criticism of this character's actions taken throughout the course of the series. (Felt I needed to put this in because on other forums in the past, mods deleted my posts on grounds of "bashing". I admit the tone used is harsh, but the overall content is all legitimate)
Old 2017-01-14, 00:40   Link #157
fukarming

I am glad I am not the only one who wish Ougi dies a painful death.

From where I see it Ougi tries to kill off Lelouch and side with Schienzel simply because he wants to be with Villetta. People can be selfish and that makes his decision reasonable, but the director seems completely forgotten his betrayal and gives him the best ending among all the characters - a powerful position, lovely wife and a kid.

Which do you think Ougi deserve more: Ougi getting killed and Villetta and kid seeking revenge, or Villetta and kid dies in front of him that changed him to a completely evil character then dies a horrible death?
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-14, 03:25   Link #158
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Lelouch's charisma is characteristically different from his since Lelouch needs to deliver empowering speeches and deliver results for people to rally behind him. Still, once Lelouch gets in your head, he's pretty much there to stay... unless you're Ougi and one little speech about getting your country back... is enough for everyone else to turn on the one guy who kept them alive for so long, seemingly forgetting all the battles you've survived together and the fact that he alone is the only reason why you were able to rebel against an entire empire instead of just being a pest with petty terrorism.
To be fair though, Schneizel having the recording of Lelouch "admitting" that he geass'd Euphy ordering her to massacre the Japanese was a pretty strong card. Lelouch dug his own grave there, because even if people want to believe it to be fake it would have shaken their confidence in him a great deal. But of course, at the end the deal breaker was Ougi when he came in and said everything that Schneizel claimed was true - without having any evidence other than trusting Villeta's words.

My issue with Ougi's always been his spectacular lack of loyalty - instead of going with the comrade he'd fought with for so long he just goes with the woman he loves even though she tried to kill him a couple of times, who's no saint either - and his hypocrisy. Complains with a hateful look on his face that Zero used them but then immediately proceeds to do the same by cutting a deal with Schneizel.
Old 2017-01-14, 06:58   Link #159
konart

Quote:
how to make original anime get another season....make a open ending and then wait for 10 years if the fans still argue about the ending make another season......

if R3 for 2018.... let me guess we will get another 24eps for R3 and then if the rating is good enough we get R4

1 years is enough to prepare 24 eps (hope we can get gundam 00 quality LOL)
and code geass the only original mecha anime that have 72 eps in total if R3 really 24 eps
Seed has 100 episodes and Fafner will most likely get over 72 soon too.

Anyway - guy, this thread is all about news on R3, you have the separate forum to discuss characters and whatever.
Old 2017-01-14, 14:26   Link #160
devilo96

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Seed has 100 episodes and Fafner will most likely get over 72 soon too.

Anyway - guy, this thread is all about news on R3, you have the separate forum to discuss characters and whatever.
oh u right we get another fafner

hope we didnt get R3 and fafner at the same time....

seed has 100 eps but sunrise change the mc from jesus kira yamato to shin..