AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-09-08, 21:36   Link #36641
demino_hellsin
That one guy

That is a problem. Though the theory is that there is no heat and just pure energized sub-atomic particles are released in a controlled rate where said particles are then drained of their energy when they reach their designated sources. Or the particles themselves are fired...

When the energy can't be converted is when a crap load of heat is produced. But that's a problem which was solved since R:Genesis.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 21:39   Link #36642
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
I'm thinking about designs for the Silverbacks for mine as well.

I have multiple designs in mind and planning on using them all. It's said in chapter 6 that the Silverback is like a hybrid-IS, but for guys.

Here's a little something that'll be in Ch. 7; when a Silverback's being used for the first time, it'll be in what's called it's "Beta Phase". It's basically the equivalent to the IS's Default Setting.

The design/appearance of the Silverback in its Beta Phase will be similar to that of the Delta 6 Accelerator Suit, from the G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra film.

The difference is that the visors will have this "tint" on them to cover the face and there are no weapons or devices on the forearms, as you see in that picture.
Speaking of weapons, will they be physically mounted onto the unit or in digital storage like the IS?
Old 2012-09-08, 21:44   Link #36643
Eratas123

@ Senpai - That breaks the law of energy, matter, and conservation:/
Old 2012-09-08, 21:45   Link #36644
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Speaking of weapons, will they be physically mounted onto the unit or in digital storage like the IS?
That'll be explained later...

As for what'll happen when the Silverback gets out of it's "Beta Phase", read Chapter 7.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 21:53   Link #36645
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
Handwave, handwave.

Though, theoretically its possible, if very complex sequence and impossible with normal physic. (note: izuru might not even think about it, it's OUR job)

The sequence is like this
1. Bullet is fired
2. Bullet converted and returned as data and energy (quantization)
3. The resulting energy is insufficient because they will never return with 100% efficiency (=conservation of energy is obeyed)
4. Hence I.S. use their own power to cover the missing amount of energy required for conversion.
5. Repeat infinitum

Simply put, I.S. has limitless source of energy and material, just not infinite endurance because it produce finite amount of energy per unit of time to construct said materials. They need more than 24 hours to rebuild severely damaged armor, after all.
Old 2012-09-08, 21:59   Link #36646
Eratas123

....They just solved the resource problem that's been plaguing the world since the dawn of time:/
Old 2012-09-08, 22:06   Link #36647
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

There's a reason Age is skeptic about man-woman conflict.

The cost efficiency of I.S. are so high that fighting them with conventional weapon is not worth the money and casualties, even assuming it's possible -and easy- with the evolution of military tactic and hardware improvement.

Yeah, I hate how cheap it is.
Old 2012-09-08, 22:10   Link #36648
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Re-write plan:

Tsurugi having this kind of fighting style:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0bdvPkaej0&t=41s

Thinking of a way to have her make up to Inami's efforts by saving him from a bunch of drones when he's heavily injured to do the work.
Old 2012-09-08, 22:14   Link #36649
Eratas123

Anybody else get the feeling of "Designated Protagonist Syndrome" when looking at the main cast?
Old 2012-09-08, 22:15   Link #36650
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nah, just bad characterization (not like I can do better but still) and spotlight placement. Where else Tactical WMD attack overshadowed by harem antic?

Everyone in the main cast is obviously scream MAIN CHARACTERS: SUPPOSEDLY UNIQUE
Old 2012-09-08, 22:27   Link #36651
Eratas123

Meh, I'm just trying to finish Future Imperfect now.
Old 2012-09-08, 23:12   Link #36652
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Out of curiosity, why is it mechs always start out with the balanced equipment then go to specialized equipment? Specially in anime?
Old 2012-09-08, 23:26   Link #36653
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

They always mirror the advancement of real life fighting equipment, particularly armored vehicle and aircraft. Combined force of specialized unit is better than a whole corps of general purpose unit as modern warfare put it. (no, not Call of Duty)

OTOH, Mass produced mecha always aim for general purpose, because they're inspired by mooks. Main characters got specialization for uniqueness reason (and causing me grief when I try to design fanon machines)
Old 2012-09-08, 23:48   Link #36654
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmmm I guess what I have in mind is less specialization and more repurposing :/
Old 2012-09-09, 00:11   Link #36655
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Ace Custom might be what you have in mind.

As the pilot develop skill in certain branch, the unit he assigned might be modified with better parts, tweaking certain parameter in the process.
Old 2012-09-09, 00:20   Link #36656
Eratas123

It works the same way in RPG's. While it's common to want to be a jack of all trades, most people prefer to focus on a specific fighting style to ensure they're always at their best.
Old 2012-09-09, 00:22   Link #36657
demino_hellsin
That one guy

possibly.

The idea was that R:Evolution's equipment of 6 dagger bits aren't really going to cut it for heavy duty fighting, so a special "gladiator" set of equipment is used for it.

The original equipment of 6 dagger bits is actually part of a high speed space type capable of even atmospheric escape on its own.

The gladiator type is kind of heavy 1v1 but in actuality its a very balanced set of equipment that can answer most combat requirements(think Destiny Gundam)
Old 2012-09-09, 00:34   Link #36658
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I shall assume one-arm swordfighting is plausible.
Old 2012-09-09, 00:54   Link #36659
demino_hellsin
That one guy

it always was?
Old 2012-09-09, 00:59   Link #36660
Eratas123

Truth be told, one handed sword fighting was extremely hard, especially without a shield. Without both hands, things like the wind up and force of the slash were extremely gimped.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest