AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-05-15, 10:12   Link #19201
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

I think Kalulu didn't ever existed in season 1, hehe. Back then i was cheering for Shirley, but i remember i first thought Kalulu was going to happen in that episode in the island. A bizarre situation that ends in switching partners? It's a big cliche and since Suzaku and Euphemia were already a couple, i thought Kallen and Lelouch were going to happen eventually after that. Besides, Shirley was geassed and i thought they would turn her into a villain after she found that letter.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 10:25   Link #19202
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
I think Kalulu didn't ever existed in season 1, hehe. Back then i was cheering for Shirley, but i remember i first thought Kalulu was going to happen in that episode in the island. A bizarre situation that ends in switching partners? It's a big cliche and since Suzaku and Euphemia were already a couple, i thought Kallen and Lelouch were going to happen eventually after that. Besides, Shirley was geassed and i thought they would turn her into a villain after she found that letter.
SEED
Destiny

every time two people from different sides get stuck on an island together they are bound to become romanticlly involved
in geass it was a reverse case
each guy gets stuck with THE OTHER's love interest (euphie in season 1 kallen in season 2)
Old 2009-05-15, 10:28   Link #19203
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC View Post
Exactly. It'd have been different if I loved the character, but I didn't. I had become neutral to her.

I'm not sure what others say, but for me, the dislike for Kallen's personality comes from her behaviour at the end of R2. I don't want to get into a discussion as to why she did what she did, but I just want to say that I was disappointed. Pre-R2, I adored Kallen for her loyalty, I was all for a C.C. x Lelouch x Kallen END. Throughout R2 I became to feel more neutral to her over time, though she had her awesome moments - even if I love Suzaku, her smacking him around was pretty awesome. Destroying Luciano Bradley in his Percival along with his Valkyries was also fantastic.

However, especially near the end there when she seemingly chose to listen to others over Lelouch, when she decided she had to be the one to kill him... I wasn't happy. Again, I don't want to get into why Kallen was scripted to do these things because I have considered it and it doesn't make much of a difference to me.

My point is that those times where I've felt angsty and called Kallen, say... a bitch (Lolipopo should be familiar with this lolol), it wasn't just because of the fandom. It was the fandom or whatever else that had me annoyed, amplifying my annoyance, and causing me to "lash out" on the things I disliked about the character. Normally I'd like to avoid that type of thing because I don't really think it's fair, that's why I tend to keep my annoyance off of forums and what not and keep it to private discussions or occasionally my blog posts.

That said, in the end, I don't hate Kallen. Or even dislike her. Not now at least.

** Note that these examples/explanations are about times where I have felt annoyed with Kalulu fans or Kallen as a character, it is not current.

Oh and... I was really pleased to see her crying when Lelouch was killed. Not because of any spiteful reason, but just the way she reacted... it showed she still cared and I think as a character she needed that. If for whatever reason, the writers made her unresponsive, I think I'd be pretty annoyed.
Hmm actually I think I can get it better now.
I mean, thanks to AS, after every episode, and eventually after the whole serie, we get a lot of side materials clearing some things.

Generally, those explanation fitted to most of Kallen's fans understanding, but some people were really "WTF" about those and others even chose to not consider those (HI Lj fangirls !)

I mean, just one example; The whole Turn 22 kiss; many people took that as a Kallen "giving up "on Lelouch cause he didn't reply and blabla, while Amisuke's interview gave us what the director intended to convey; There it was that Kallen realized after the kiss she loved Lelouch.

Now for the whole "She didn't follow Lelouch" maybe it wasn't really clear for everyone (and it wasn't XD) but well, it's because Lelouch wanted that; We know, thanks to the staff, she came to see him in Turn 22 to be with him, to stay with him...but happened what happened :/
(In all honesty, even I didn't think she already took her decision but it seems it was the case)
So finally everything is all of a result of Lelouch's actions, and not Kallen's.

I would have love to see follow him, cause I would have see her pull out a Cagalli on Lelouch, but well, it shouldn't happen.

BTW didn't you see staff release ? Cause well, those cleared up a lot of things.
(Like the infamous Turn 22 kiss lol)

(And I don't see what you mean, like, AT ALL )

Edit : Kid, after Minmay, Misa....change your avy so I could Hate you easily, thanks

(And Kalulu in season 1 was sooo obvious Pffff)
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 10:32   Link #19204
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

loli
i already went down this path
its useless
CC doesnt care about WHY kallen did what she did
she just disliked her becouse of WHAT she did
lets not restart this (we wasted 2 pages on it)
Old 2009-05-15, 10:41   Link #19205
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
loli
its useless
Well that's my answer not yours, we are two different people with two different way to talk and blabla, so well, I was interested in her opinion, and she was nice enough to explain it, so now, I'm simply replying to it, in my own personal way.

So nothing to restart, it's the start of something new.

*And if someone did get the High School Musical reference in this post, kudos to you.....*
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 15:13   Link #19206
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
I mean, just one example; The whole Turn 22 kiss; many people took that as a Kallen "giving up "on Lelouch cause he didn't reply and blabla, while Amisuke's interview gave us what the director intended to convey; There it was that Kallen realized after the kiss she loved Lelouch.

That interview, and generally that semi-statement, always had me raise an eyebrow, partly because, in the beginning of Turn 21 {let us discard the "die with you" scene, because that might be taken, as an impulsive reaction of feelings, that were there, but had not been "analyzed" by Kallen yet, still that is tl;dr}
Kallen is clearly, crushed and her heart is suffering, because of Lelouch's line and her inability, to make something out of it.
She goes as far as to say, that she will not be able to move forward, if she does not make sure of it. {the "live on" line}
That pretty much indicates, that Kallen has realized, at that point, that she really, does love Lelouch, since his reply is tied to her future.

But anyway, realize/not realize, Kallen was mostly a character, that had direct-reactions that displayed her {rabu rabu} feelings, whether she was fully knowing it or not [up until that point, that is}, so on the long run, it does not matter that much. 8)
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 16:33   Link #19207
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Yeah, there's a KaLulu comm on lj but it's not very active.

ff.net, however...
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 16:40   Link #19208
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
I didn't mean the entire lj community lol. Since I haven't seen the entire community. Just that one place, I just happened to stop upon. If I stated I wanted to know a place where there are Kallen fans there(note:not Kalulu fans). I never said lj people are stupid at any point anyway. Being honest here. One place doesn't mean the entire community.

Look at your profile wall. 8D

And snowdevil, thanks for reminding me that the comm i am maintainer, is pretty much dead. Feels SO good. 8DD {You just completed the 100% of the motivation i needed to get my drawing muse back, so twin and i, can do great things together there. |D}
Old 2009-05-15, 16:48   Link #19209
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

eep sorry!

... oh wait, is that a good thing then? aha...
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 16:50   Link #19210
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Hah! I thought CC was done for when I saw that post last night. The thing about fandom, the crazy ones will not read most of your post and will look for keywords that will make a post the target of dysentery, calamity, the seven plague, and other divine retribution of daring to have certain keywords against a character everyone in the world suppose to like...

Considering what I've heard about Code Geass (I didn't follow this forum very much until recently) and about the typical Kallen-fan, color me impressed with this array of response to CC. I apologize if I'm being rude here, but I thought I should express my honest opnion. Other than one poster, everyone played nicely.

Advise to CC: If a poster started picking up on keywords without basing it from the context of the entire post, do NOT engage after a reply from such poster. It served me well over the years. Some reps for not blowing up out of frustration and for courage.

Last edited by monir; 2009-05-15 at 17:43.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 17:45   Link #19211
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
loli
its useless
Well, maybe CC {poster i mean lol} did not read your reply that carefully blade, because you were a bit tad...well, not courteous, i will admit that.
CC got her own opinion, that is not completed {still, respecting it though} because she missed a few official materials that were released, that did "clean" the context of things.
In canon-side, CC who did not care much, to study a lot Kallen's chara, {since she was not her favorite} saw just a perspective of the whole "betraying you". This is not a crime, we can all express opinions with nice-exchanging, especially when the said person, is not being a bitch. I mean, honest guys. Let us play football with joy and positive spirit. And in the end, you shall see, that we will all have fun. 8)
Old 2009-05-15, 17:55   Link #19212
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Well, maybe CC {poster i mean lol} did not read your reply that carefully blade, because you were a bit tad...well, not courteous, i will admit that.
CC got her own opinion, that is not completed {still, respecting it though} because she missed a few official materials that were released, that did "clean" the context of things.
In canon-side, CC who did not care much, to study a lot Kallen's chara, {since she was not her favorite} saw just a perspective of the whole "betraying you". This is not a crime, we can all express opinions with nice-exchanging, especially when the said person, is not being a bitch. I mean, honest guys. Let us play football with joy and positive spirit. And in the end, you shall see, that we will all have fun. 8)
Well, I think the thing is that generally a person won't sit down, seriously analyze, and disect a certain character to understand every iota of their being (okay, so I'm exaggerating ) For the most part, a person is there to watch a show, see what happens and observe the characters and their actions and won't usually go out of the way to study them, unless they have a great interest in one character. I'm sure CC could probably tell you a good deal about...well, C.C. I could tell you pretty much everything about Shirley. And I'm sure you guys could tell me the length of Kallen's pinky finger (her EPIC pinky finger ) But suffice to say that, if a person really doesn't like a character or have a particular interest in them, there's not much you can do. Every now and then you may be able to hook somebody, but uh what's the old saying? You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 18:09   Link #19213
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Well, I think the thing is that generally a person won't sit down, seriously analyze, and disect a certain character to understand every iota of their being (okay, so I'm exaggerating ) For the most part, a person is there to watch a show, see what happens and observe the characters and their actions and won't usually go out of the way to study them, unless they have a great interest in one character. I'm sure CC could probably tell you a good deal about...well, C.C. I could tell you pretty much everything about Shirley. And I'm sure you guys could tell me the length of Kallen's pinky finger (her EPIC pinky finger ) But suffice to say that, if a person really doesn't like a character or have a particular interest in them, there's not much you can do. Every now and then you may be able to hook somebody, but uh what's the old saying? You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
Ahh, you totally missed my point, Knight of Shirley. lol
I meant, that CC {the poster again lol}, was not that interested {or maybe, she did not happen to come across, that might be the case too} when it came to Kallen, to check all of her after-series-material, that explained a few things. And well, even when someone breaks it down for her, she still has that opinion, she does have. <--which is perfectly valid.
People explaining it again to her and again, for her to get the Kallen-enlightenment, is quite futile. {that is different from shipping, before you jump in, shipping is way srs bzness lol}
And i meant "study", not as study-study, but as, care-to-look-for-more. She has that right, like big deal. lol
Old 2009-05-15, 18:17   Link #19214
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Ahh, you totally missed my point, Knight of Shirley. lol
I meant, that CC {the poster again lol}, was not that interested {or maybe, she did not happen to come across, that might be the case too} when it came to Kallen, to check all of her after-series-material, that explained a few things. And well, even when someone breaks it down for her, she still has that opinion, she does have. <--which is perfectly valid.
People explaining it again to her and again, for her to get the Kallen-enlightenment, is quite futile. {that is different from shipping, before you jump in, shipping is way srs bzness lol}
And i meant "study", not as study-study, but as, care-to-look-for-more. She has that right, like big deal. lol
Well that's just it. Do to her lack of interest, she probably didn't care to look at the after-series-material regarding. I know that I have pretty much zero interest in the after-series-material regarding Schneizel, Cecile, etc. Besides, supplementary material is supplementary material. It's insightful but it's not 100% necessary to view, otherwise they would've included it in the actual show.
Old 2009-05-15, 18:20   Link #19215
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Well that's just it. Do to her lack of interest, she probably didn't care to look at the after-series-material regarding. I know that I have pretty much zero interest in the after-series-material regarding Schneizel, Cecile, etc. Besides, supplementary material is supplementary material. It's insightful but it's not 100% necessary to view, otherwise they would've included it in the actual show.

Yeah, and while i disagree with CC {the poster again, lol} about Kallen, "giving up" on Lelouch easily, i am not gonna express my opinion more than once, twice, third, so she will get the same opinion with me. 8D //then again, that might be, because these days, i got my democracy-flag on my head due to certain events, let a month pass, and we will see if i will stand the same ground, considering i am a bit..fickle. |DD
Old 2009-05-15, 18:31   Link #19216
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:

Yeah, and while i disagree with CC {the poster again, lol} about Kallen, "giving up" on Lelouch easily, i am not gonna express my opinion more than once, twice, third, so she will get the same opinion with me. 8D //then again, that might be, because these days, i got my democracy-flag on my head due to certain events, let a month pass, and we will see if i will stand the same ground, considering i am a bit..fickle. |DD
Ha ha, that's right kids. Whenever someone disagrees with you keep forcing and forcing your opinion on them until they surrender all free will and do whatever you say. Now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

Seriously sky, I know you're kidding. I guess you can take some solace in knowing the fact that there are about 5 or 6 people, if not more, who completely agree with you and are ready to fight for the same argument.

Speaking of which, I had a question. Why do you think it is that this forum has become sort of a "haven" for Kallen fans? I mean, I'm not trying to figure out why you all love Kallen so much, I'm just wondering why it is that this forum could somehow attract so many of you after the shows ending. From what I've heard this is not the case with other general forums (LJ) So what, do you think it's just coincidence?
Old 2009-05-15, 18:38   Link #19217
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I don't know why. Maybe the way people saw an few posts in the past regarding Kallen's character portrayal during the series and other sources.
Old 2009-05-15, 18:40   Link #19218
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Speaking of which, I had a question. Why do you think it is that this forum has become sort of a "haven" for Kallen fans? I mean, I'm not trying to figure out why you all love Kallen so much, I'm just wondering why it is that this forum could somehow attract so many of you after the shows ending. From what I've heard this is not the case with other general forums (LJ) So what, do you think it's just coincidence?
most of us were around since the show was running
we just didnt go anywhere
and with the added post season stuff we just had no reason to leave
i suppose in other forums the kalulu camp kinda gave up before the post season stuff hit the net

i cant really explain WHY this is the case
Old 2009-05-15, 18:40   Link #19219
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:

Simple and honest reply. Because Kallen, has been getting way too much after-series-fuel on her fire-car, that helps her fans spazz and stay united.

Besides, once a Kallen fan, always a Kallen fan. Loyal to the show, till the end. 8)

eta: i would also, not define it as "give up", more like "moved to other fandom/s".
Old 2009-05-15, 18:49   Link #19220
yvj
U Mad?

Oh Noes! I missed an opportunity to be aggressive and/or sexist. I need to drop out of school and lurk this forum more

I present if you care the three faces of an aggressive Kalulu fan

Spoiler for 3 faces of rabid Kalulu: