Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-11-18, 12:52   Link #1021
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowii View Post
^
still wondering where it say arclight lost his powers
It's really hard when there's just 11 chapters translated, but anyway, here I am to help you.

Spoiler for Volume 7:

Cain wasn't the basis for Cruz, but what you said about who stopped Aruka, you got that right. Ah, but it wasn't the voice, Cruz only yelled.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 12:57   Link #1022
shadowii

I see, doesnt look like he lost all of them if he could still make Blade float though.
Spoiler for needless:
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 13:04   Link #1023
Homura7

Quote:
I see, doesnt look like he lost all of them if he could still make Blade float though.
Yep, it was just when he were to finish Blade off when he lost his powers.

Spoiler for needless:

Since that event Aruka too knows something. As for that person... The Second? It wasn't Arclight, though because of his entry after that development, many thought it was him, me included, but it was a trap to confuse the reader.
Old 2009-11-18, 13:26   Link #1024
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
Yep, it was just when he were to finish Blade off when he lost his powers.

Spoiler for needless:

Since that event Aruka too knows something. As for that person... The Second? It wasn't Arclight, though because of his entry after that development, many thought it was him, me included, but it was a trap to confuse the reader.
About this, She said that person. Right after that Arclight apears, but you would asume she would focus on him or look at him or whatever but she doesnt, she simply stays in shock and doesnt do anything anymore.
When they all go to the windowroom she stays behind on the floor wondering about something.

Aruka explaining Realy would like to know what shes saying there

Last edited by Ca12nag3; 2009-11-18 at 13:42.
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 13:50   Link #1025
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca12nag3 View Post
Aruka explaining Realy would like to know what shes saying there
Spoiler for Aruka:

More or less.
Old 2009-11-18, 13:56   Link #1026
Ca12nag3

Well as tradition has it all the moves are spoken out loud before activating. So if arclight used a move it would have shown.
So something else stopped her, it would be strange if somehow she herself stopped herself. Nearing multipersonality disorder but i think not.
Cruzes power possibly showed, or it was God, or w/e you might call it since there is the religion factor.

What is the 2 times quote she has there?? Since that is quote brackets.
Old 2009-11-18, 14:32   Link #1027
Homura7

Quote:
Well as tradition has it all the moves are spoken out loud before activating. So if arclight used a move it would have shown.
So something else stopped her, it would be strange if somehow she herself stopped herself. Nearing multipersonality disorder but i think not.
Cruz's power possibly showed, or it was God, or w/e you might call it since there is the religion factor.
BINGO!

Quote:
What is the 2 times quote she has there?? Since that is quote brackets.
All her thoughts.
Old 2009-11-18, 14:35   Link #1028
Ca12nag3

Well if it were Arclight she would have mentioned him. Possible that its the same person/power that saved him at the blast. Reasonable that its devine power that saved him?
Old 2009-11-18, 14:39   Link #1029
Homura7

Quote:
Well if it were Arclight she would have mentioned him. Possible that its the same person/power that saved him at the blast. Reasonable that its devine power that saved him?
We have been discussing what and when Cruz will awaken his powers for many pages...
Spoiler for Cruz:
Old 2009-11-18, 14:49   Link #1030
Ca12nag3

Well same goes for other instances were Cruz wasnt badly injured, its typical that both him and Blade (a 2nd clone) were the only ones that could withstand the lilith temptation.
sure Blade gives a goofy comment about him already being in paradise but he memorized her fragemnt and like shown earlier once he knows the flavor he can break it notice how hes sitting still at first. And once everyone has spoken he stands up and yells his resolve wich is bogus.
But Cruz broke thrue as well saying that his sister was dead and he knew this. Then why couldnt Gido break out since hes a scientist and a smart one yet he was stuck in the Kasumi illusion. A kid with no powers simply breaks out cause he knew/asumed his sister was dead? Yet the scientist was trapped!
It might be the powers of the 2nd wont show unless needed?
Old 2009-11-18, 14:53   Link #1031
shadowii

Quote:
Well same goes for other instances were Cruz wasnt badly injured, its typical that both him and Blade (a 2nd clone) were the only ones that could withstand the lilith temptation.
sure Blade gives a goofy comment about him already being in paradise but he memorized her fragemnt and like shown earlier once he knows the flavor he can break it notice how hes sitting still at first. And once everyone has spoken he stands up and yells his resolve wich is bogus.
But Cruz broke thrue as well saying that his sister was dead and he knew this. Then why couldnt Gido break out since hes a scientist and a smart one yet he was stuck in the Kasumi illusion. A kid with no powers simply breaks out cause he knew/asumed his sister was dead? Yet the scientist was trapped!
I should mention Cruz did not break through litith temptation in the manga
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 14:53   Link #1032
Homura7

Quote:
Actually, that only happened in the anime. Cruz got freed of Lilith's temptation after getting hit by Setsuna.

Spoiler for Cruz:
Old 2009-11-18, 15:42   Link #1033
Ca12nag3

Cruz waking up

Im sorry i keep messing up manga with anime will happen more often i recon ^^.But if you see there Eve is still under spell while Cruz wakes up. Both know knocked away btw. So somehow the stuff aint working on him. The story itself keeps focus on blade kicking loli butt, tho at that moment you see what its about ^^
Old 2009-11-18, 15:43   Link #1034
Sekirei07

According to Wiki, which has been keeping a fairly accurate upkeep to the current Needless storyline.

Cruz's power is called Ultima which allows him to create and absorb light for attack and defensive purposes.

I think that this power awakened when he was revived (remember how when it showed Cruz heart starting back up it was a glowing light that appeared?) It is possible that he awakened as a Needless than due to lack of blood and oxygen getting to his brain caused some alteration to it allowing him to tap into his hidden potential.

I dont think The Second has any blood relation to Cruz, hair color is totally different, The Second died long before Cruz was born. etc etc

I also dont think that Needless are born with their powers, otherwise Disc would be the first Needless for the fact she was alive even before the war and the second appeared.

Wondering about Blade's power, I came up with a theory that almost explains the whole reasoning behind why he did not use abilities he learned before he met Cruz. I think that his power is not just about memorizing abilities, but utilizing the damage received from those abilities as well.

Simply put: Setsuna uses Fox Hound and does 10 points of damage to Blade, Blade's body stores that 10 points of damage as (lets just call it Ability Points or AP for short) AP. He than can freely use those points in an ability that he currently has, such as Gyro Gravitation.

Gido explained that Blades power is to memorize and to throw back an equal amount of damage that another Needless uses against him. So I think in Theory it works in almost all the scenario's that Blade has fought so far.

Like how after Eve fatally wounded Blade and after he recovered he could use a whole heap of abilities and started using things like Gyro Gravitation (which Aruka explained was a powerful fragment) which I would think would take more AP to use than others.
Sekirei07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 15:49   Link #1035
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
According to Wiki, which has been keeping a fairly accurate upkeep to the current Needless storyline.

Cruz's power is called Ultima which allows him to create and absorb light for attack and defensive purposes.

I think that this power awakened when he was revived (remember how when it showed Cruz heart starting back up it was a glowing light that appeared?) It is possible that he awakened as a Needless than due to lack of blood and oxygen getting to his brain caused some alteration to it allowing him to tap into his hidden potential.

I dont think The Second has any blood relation to Cruz, hair color is totally different, The Second died long before Cruz was born. etc etc

I also dont think that Needless are born with their powers, otherwise Disc would be the first Needless for the fact she was alive even before the war and the second appeared.

Wondering about Blade's power, I came up with a theory that almost explains the whole reasoning behind why he did not use abilities he learned before he met Cruz. I think that his power is not just about memorizing abilities, but utilizing the damage received from those abilities as well.

Simply put: Setsuna uses Fox Hound and does 10 points of damage to Blade, Blade's body stores that 10 points of damage as (lets just call it Ability Points or AP for short) AP. He than can freely use those points in an ability that he currently has, such as Gyro Gravitation.

Gido explained that Blades power is to memorize and to throw back an equal amount of damage that another Needless uses against him. So I think in Theory it works in almost all the scenario's that Blade has fought so far.

Like how after Eve fatally wounded Blade and after he recovered he could use a whole heap of abilities and started using things like Gyro Gravitation (which Aruka explained was a powerful fragment) which I would think would take more AP to use than others.
*Facepalm*
Old 2009-11-18, 15:55   Link #1036
Sekirei07

^ Odd comment

Quote:
Cruz Schild (クルス・シルト?) Voiced by: Aya Endo
A young boy whose older sister Aruka was presumably killed by a Testament.He is a bit of a wimp, but has a certain strength to him. He was very attached to Aruka and speaks to her in his thoughts as well as carrying around a pendent with her picture. He is often used as a sort of gopher by the other team members, most notably Blade and Eve. He is the only known survivor during the rebellion against Simeon. Even though he is powerless, his intelligence makes up for it. This is proven when he helps Eve defeat Uten and subsequently in the battle with the Simeon Girl Force in Simeon. However Cruz would then suffer heartbreak when Aruka reappeared before him as a king of Simeon and nearly killed him (as well as stealing his pendent which in truth contained a data chip with information vital to Simeon). Eve saved his life, but not before his spirit was shown in-depth scenes from the day the resistance was slaughtered and Aruka's role in it. Witnessing these events caused him to sadly accept that somewhere along the line, she chose to forsake him for Simeon. Cruz continued to fight with Blade, bearing witness to the battle between the Adams and all of Blade's friends fighting against Arclight's monstrous form. After the PF Zero blast the story has centered on Cruz trying to find his friends while dealing with his own feelings of helplessness. He has found most of his friends, and made new allies. He has been forced to disguise himself as a girl to survive the killer girl squad academy and is currently forced to remain in girl clothes (his girl persona is also known as Yamada). This is partially due to finding out that Simeon is actively hunting for him but mostly because his friends are unwilling to help him get some boys clothes. Comically the more perverted characters in the series find "Yamada-ko chan" to be irresistible. He and his crew are currently trying to help an oppressed community find freedom from a Simeon Needless called Hatfield. But doing so put him close to Aruka again, and he was forced to dress up like her to trick Hatfield's army of cyborgs. It is shown that he does indeed have a fragment called "Ultima", that allows the user to create and control light (such as absorbing the one from the environment) to create energy for attack and defense. This would make him a Needless along the rest of the group. Cruz had his right arm dislocated when fighting against Hatfield when he mocks Cruz about his admiration towards his sister. Afterwards Blade mysteriously reappeared right in front of him but, due to being mistaken as a girl by him, Cruz had to act cute to get his help.
First part is taking from that statement. Taking into why Aruka could not attack because of some unknown reason (since the manga does not use the term "him" and just says something stopped her. It could be out of fear, like when one senses the possibility of danger to ones life.)

Secondly is it not true The Second was dead long before Cruz came along? I mean Blade was just a kid when the second was just a torso in a tube.... and Blade was the 79th attempt at the cloning and it has been shown it takes long periods of time for each clone to be ready for Eden Cell injection, so The Second could and would have most likely been their for many years. Just taking the age difference of Cruz and Blade into account would more than likely seem rational for their to be 99% no connection between The Second and him. Unless you think of the possibilities that while The Second was alive he would have had some child that would have been the father/mother of Cruz, than their could be a link to it all.

Thirdly, it is fairly sound in theory I think
Old 2009-11-18, 15:55   Link #1037
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Kasumi's flashback indicates that neither Cruz nor Aruka could be her children. Kasumi supposedly died in 2114, its 2130 and aruka is eighteen while Cruz is fourteen. Which means there is two years separting both siblings from being kasumi's. The latest theory is that Kasumi's DNA went to Eve, but thats hypothetical, Gido has excepted she died in "the accident." (I have a feeling he was there)

We also dont know about Cruz's connection with the second we think it and there is a lot to support it but its all hypothetical and i think this last chapter should teach us not to assume anything about how the story will go.

But getting away from theories for a second
Spoiler for needless 73:
thanks, so there's no proof atm kasumi is related to the 3 of them but i wouldn't be surprised she's related to eve somehow.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 16:00   Link #1038
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Secondly is it not true The Second was dead long before Cruz came along? I mean Blade was just a kid when the second was just a torso in a tube.... and Blade was the 79th attempt at the cloning and it has been shown it takes long periods of time for each clone to be ready for Eden Cell injection, so The Second could and would have most likely been their for many years. Just taking the age difference of Cruz and Blade into account would more than likely seem rational for their to be 99% no connection between The Second and him. Unless you think of the possibilities that while The Second was alive he would have had some child that would have been the father/mother of Cruz, than their could be a link to it all.
Not his son, but how about his reincarnation?
Old 2009-11-18, 16:09   Link #1039
Sekirei07

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
thanks, so there's no proof atm kasumi is related to the 3 of them but i wouldn't be surprised she's related to eve somehow.
The story has never really gone into detail as to what was done in the Eve Project. Like whos DNA did they use? I can only guess it was the seconds DNA since in theory men have both X and Y Chrom it is possible to clone a female (This theory coming from how Wolverines Daughter being cloned from his DNA)

But was she born with her power? I mean she was created so she could bear Blades kids so I guess she would be born with it since she could alter her body to however it need be to bear his child. But than again, the government people have stated that they dont know how Needless come into being. So I guess she became a Needless after she was created at some time?
Old 2009-11-18, 16:16   Link #1040
Ca12nag3

Wiki isnt all that reliable since its made by you and me. That is regular people that copy paste stuff from official profiles and random thoughts of regular people.
The 2nd died a long time ago and eversince scientists tried to make a new 2nd to start a new era of prosperity for Japan, make them a superpower again.
The first 77 clones all exploded/disintegrated due to the inability of a single human being (a clone for that matter) to absorb all the cells they jammed into it.
Finaly the Eve team took over the job and took Blade, the old team would work on Arclight.
Blade and Arclight both got significantly less of the cells in them still it makes them insanely strong. Arclight still had to much thats why his right eye and heart exploded (making him a failure). << also a reason why Arclight is stronger then Blade when it came to a showdown of Zero power.
Now back to the 2nd, his powers were off the charts he could heal walk on water and do all kinda freaky shit. Just like Jesus Christ. He is names the 2nd cause he was the 2nd Christ. First Adam is Adam of the garden of Eden, 2nd Adam is Christ, the 2nd Christ is the 2nd. Making the 2nd the 3rd Adam.
The Adam project if they succeeded would have made the 4th Adam. Thats to set the records strait. Now if you dont get this what i wrote down read the bible or anything on wiki lol. And youll see im right about the terms here.

-1st Adam (Adam of the Garden of Eden) He was the first human. Lucifer tricked him and Eve and they fell. Want to know more read the bible
-2nd Adam (Jesus Christ of Nazareth) He was the son of God and everyone that was reborn thrue him would be saved. He too was tempted by Lucifer but he turned him down and set man free.
-3rd Adam (the Second- reference to Christ) He healed and did all kinds of miracles post-WW3 and he died his remains were held by the AP Adam Project.
-4th Adam (This would be either Arclight,Blade or Cruz) Now to get it right the first 2 Arclight and Blade are no more then Clones injected with cells from the second Im not sure how it works that they have the Zero fragment, i asume its like a empty bookshelf and you got to fill it with books/fragments. So i asume its an artificialy created fragment.
Cruz on the other hand would be a natural occurance. Just like the other Adams he would be a 1 in a zilion humans that ascends his race. His powers would never be a single fragment he would hold the whole set.

About Cruz's miracles/unexplained things.

-Cruz figured out Satens powers(or knowledge he himself already has subcontious?)
-Cruz didnt get killed by Aruka's second attack, unknown why
-Cruz broke out of the Lilith Temptation pre-Blades attack on Kuchinashi. So it was still active...
-Cruz survived the final blast of the explosion unscratched
-Cruz survived a massive fall & recognized Setsuna without seeing her!! Lol
(that last one is a joke ^^)

You tell me wich power of absorbing light can do those things....

Tags
action, comedy, seinen