AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-04-24, 19:01   Link #61
kitten320

Is there already any info on what the 4th movie might be about?
Old 2010-04-24, 20:11   Link #62
greyhame6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Is there already any info on what the 4th movie might be about?
a little bit yea
greyhame6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 04:25   Link #63
lahfielxi
wut wut~

Send a message via AIM to lahfielxi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
lahfielxi presumable thinks Gaara could have blocked up the hole of the guys roof with his sand, blocking light and stopping the transformation,

What s/he doesn't realize is that Gaara wasn't there in the first place. And then the room got destroyed. And why would he go in the first place. He seemed to trust Naruto to deal with it. He had Kage business to attend to. He also wouldn't have known that the hole was there or that moonlight was needed for the ritual.
gaara covered his entire village with a sand barrier, one building is nothing. tsunade/kakashi figured out it was the solar eclipse from the start. just seems like a plot hole you could drive a double decker bus thru, sideways.
Old 2010-04-25, 04:27   Link #64
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lahfielxi View Post
gaara covered his entire village with a sand barrier, one building is nothing. tsunade/kakashi figured out it was the solar eclipse from the start. just seems like a plot hole you could drive a double decker bus thru, sideways.
Yes, but due to tensions in the vilage created by Gaara's disappearence, Tsunade didn't have a chance to tell them that.

Who knows how much Jariya knew?
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 17:45   Link #65
sayde

I like how Naruto had virtually limitless energy in this movie without the need to rely on sage mode or kyuubi.
Spoiler for movie:

So yeah...I found that intriguing. Other than that, it was an ok movie I guess. At the very least, I wouldn't say it was the worst of the bunch IMO.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 19:24   Link #66
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Tenten did something!!!
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 22:28   Link #67
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Watched it over the weekend and I thought it was great...No retarded new side-character for Naruto to annoy all movie was a huge plus...Shikamaru, lots of screentime, another big plus...A big time, fast-paced rematch between Gaara and Naruto was great...Hell Naruto actually did a whole lot of cool fighting that wasn't just stagnant rasengan building (Note to TV series)...Additionally the main villain actually had a point and a backstory that didn't seem like pure crap...Kakashi had an unconscious Monkeygold Sharingan detonation spell inside of him ...Awesome!

Most importantly, no Sasuke, and no incessant crying over Sasuke (Obito got owned by a rock, but I can deal with him)...Final battle and Shiruken of light needle death was cool as F*ck...So basically this might have been the best naruto movie eventhough it didn't have the overall best animation or many elaborate battle scenes like we've seen in the other movies...Everything was close knit, tight, and had a singular focus...

LESS IS MORE...

8.36 outta 10...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermutant View Post
This movie was pretty bad. I actually skipped the Naruto/Gaara fight because I was getting really bored with the one-dimensional plotline. I didn't like Naruto here because of his usual lack of faith in other people's decisions, but I guess I couldn't really root for the people trying to stop him, as Kakashi's plan was absolutely retarded.

But is it really so hard to write a plot that isn't crap? Or dialogue that it's wrenchingly bad?
It's funny how your complaints are what actually made the movie good for me...Usually they pull so much $hit outta their bums that contradict the manga//anime, it's nice to have a story that's NOT convoluted and with a single purpose...A story that had the plot mechanism of time-constraints (Kakashi's detonation), which forced the story to keep moving and have a sense of urgency (Instead of say Naruto tree jumping in the forest for ten minutes trying to help some annoying side-character)...But I guess one man's fresh biscuits is another man's dawg making a fresh biscuit....That's to say I disagree witcha...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2010-05-04 at 22:49.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 01:15   Link #68
Lunarskylar

yea i really enjoyed this movie
the fight scenes were clever, and all the rookies together is a treat
it had the nice emphasis on teamwork that part I used to have so much, and it was good seeing the original teams back in action together, (especially the return of the ino-shika-cho combo)

idunno why but hinata's scenes in the movie really stuck out, like her catching the summon-chick's whip *drool*

also, I think the speediness of the fights was another bonus, it's so irritating having the irritating henchmen around for the entiree movie (especially since they're always butt ugly in some way except for maybe the chick) plus it just shows how strong the teams have become, especially when working together

hell as a team, even tenten can be badass
Old 2010-05-05, 02:54   Link #69
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

This was probably the best movie since the 1st one going back 6 years ago. And easily the best Shippuden movie by far. The last movie relied on a Sasuke cameo and was utter garbage outside of the scenes with the rookies. The first one had the "Naruto dies" gimmick and nothing else. Spoiler: he doesn't.

But this movie at least tried to do something plot-wise and expand on canon. Not the greatest plot, but interesting. Kakashi still feels guilt about Obito dying to save him. So when the chance comes to sacrifice himself to protect the lives of everyone, he takes it. And that's basically the movie. The villain and his goons were more of a MacGuffin. The central conflict came more from the philosophy of Naruto vs the logic of Kakashi, Gaara, and Shikamaru. Of course we know who wins and everyone inherited the Will of Fire. So even though I got sick of Naruto's idealism half way through the movie, it was still good.

Pros:
No stupid filler character for Naruto to save.
Tons of Konoha 11 fanservice. The rookies simply make Naruto better. Too bad Kishi forgot this.
Young Team Minato scenes with Kakashi and Obito
Shikamaru. He had one of the biggest roles in the movie as Naruto's pursuer and leader of the Konoha 11. There is a reason he is one of the best developed characters in Shippuden.
The return of Ghost Asuma.
Teamwork. None of the rookies fought solo. All were combination attacks. Hinata/Neji! They even dusted off the Ino-Shika-Cho formation.
Tenten doing something awesome. You'll never see that in the manga.
Gaara. More his dialogue than anything. What's funny....
Spoiler for manga:

Cons:
The Gaara vs Naruto fight wasn't that great. But the fight wasn't really the point.
The villains were cookie cutter, but who is going to notice?
I still can't believe Suna would be that quick to go after Konoha. Temari didn't even want to attack them the first time. I could never buy her attacking Konoha. So boo on them for having her there. And also boo on them for giving Romi Park one freaking line.
Old 2010-05-08, 10:12   Link #70
Biggie Smallz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Actually this entire movie has Sakura playing "new" girl the entire time, seriously she's so damn Tsuntsun for Naruto I thought she was tsunade for him. /crickets

Seriously though, she is playin the romantic interest that naruto wannabe haremmiester has been building.
Or it could be the fact she's just a plain unlikeable bitch who even pairing tards can't stand. It's her running gag.
Biggie Smallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-09, 11:54   Link #71
ChildrenOfTheMind

Lol this movie's script is sooo bad....
Spoiler for naruto movie:
ChildrenOfTheMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 05:30   Link #72
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

I found it entertaining that they read my mind. Ten Ten was given so much "use" this time. It still feels forced though :P she will never become usefull in my mind.

This was the first naruto movie i saw in ages because i dropped them hard after seeing one or two really bad ones where he kept making life long friends ugh.

1 quick question. Wasn't that wind shuriken supposed to be a forbidden technique that hurt his body?
Old 2010-06-08, 10:13   Link #73
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast_within View Post
Wasn't that wind shuriken supposed to be a forbidden technique that hurt his body?
It doesn't matter. The Naruto movies are all about fanservice.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 10:23   Link #74
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
It doesn't matter. The Naruto movies are all about fanservice.
I didn't see sakura and hinata at an onsen and at the beach.
Old 2010-06-08, 10:55   Link #75
neshru

fanservice is not all about naked chicks. It's about whatever people would want to see.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 11:27   Link #76
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
fanservice is not all about naked chicks. It's about whatever people would want to see.
People don't want to see sakura and hinata in an onsen? Hokashi
Old 2012-09-21, 03:08   Link #77
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

UPDATE: Viz Media will be releasing Naruto Shippuden the Movie 3: The Will of Fire to Blu-Ray and DVD in the U.S. on October 23, 2012.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ilm-in-october
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote