AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-10, 23:56   Link #2221
tsunade666

episode 12....... it utterly change one life.

The ultimate attack cherio
the super duper cuteness that owns the whole near end part is for hitei hime

the first 16 minutes. literally mix, blend, f*ck, scramble, turn upside down, 360, 380, and smash it and kill my brain inside out. I can't express it in words those mix feelings on the first part of the story for episode 12.

the 2nd part where the castle raid begun. Well it's godlike bloody mess that it's too awesome too put it into words. but he really destroyed it. All the deviant blades.

The last part was owned by hitei-hime even if shichika is badass. It's just that ....... I'm speechless for hitei-himes cuteness.

And I can't believe the ending. It's really unexpected turn again and again ending.
Old 2010-12-11, 01:25   Link #2222
KittyMaverick

HURRY UP MAZUI~~~~~

Spoiler for Episode 12:
KittyMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 01:28   Link #2223
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyMaverick View Post
HURRY UP MAZUI~~~~~

Spoiler for Episode 12:
Don't worry, Togame has always been and always will be the most important to Shichika.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 01:35   Link #2224
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyMaverick View Post
HURRY UP MAZUI~~~~~

Spoiler for Episode 12:

Really? I seen it kinda like "she and Togame were one in the same which is why they never got along". I Think hitel just showed her true side in the end.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 02:01   Link #2225
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

For those who still don't get it, I don't have problems with any kind of endings as long as it's well written and has some logical basis for happening.

Spoiler for 12:

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2010-12-11 at 02:21.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 02:16   Link #2226
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
For those who still don't get it, I don't have problems with any kind of endings as long as it's well written and has some logical basis for happening.

Spoiler for 12:

Well I agree that everything felt rushed to the point that it seemed kinda unbelievable.I do agree with you though,the biggest issue I had was that there was really no development that lead up to the personality changes. I mean we got use to seeing Hitel act like a bitch,so it was really awkward to see her act "cute" that I will admit that.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 02:28   Link #2227
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post

Spoiler for 12:
To be fair the vengeance thing with Togame was set up since episode one and it needed to get resolve. The whole reason Togame collected the swords were to collect power and get her revenge. She dedicated her whole life at this and spending one year with Shichika wasn't going to change that, love or not.

As for Hitehime as I said before she didn't want to kill Togame but rather she had no choice since she'll be killed if someone found out she knew about her real identity and didn't do anything. I'm sure Shichika and Togame understands that and that's why he's not raging.

The thing will Shichika being shot multiple times...well he can impale people with his hands so to a certain degree we have to see him as a superhuman.

I personally think that the ending was logical.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 04:04   Link #2228
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 06:34   Link #2229
medigo

came in here to say basically what Omimon had to say
medigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 07:40   Link #2230
hai_san

Quote:
A good ending can make up for a bad anime, a bad end can ruin a good anime.
A good end for a decent anime, this was.

Anyways, enjoyable series. 9/10
QTF, i feel the same way about the ending. It wasnt the best possible ending but a fairytale like ending which Togame & Shichika happy end together would be unrealistic i think. So we get a surprise ending with Hitei hime.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 09:29   Link #2231
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

The ending got a thumbs up from me. Personally the magic bullet ammo ranked the most offensive on my list of complaints.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 09:51   Link #2232
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for final thoughts:
My thoughts exactly except that I gave it 10/10 due to being biased.
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 10:39   Link #2233
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Wow, that blew me away.

Strangely enough, I don't feel sad at all. I was already preparing myself in case Shichika would die too as I expected in this situation, and as long as he went out with a blast like that I wouldn't have minded. I was actually quite surprised he was still alive at the end, because I heard the ending would be heartrending.
The stuff with Hitei-hime works, even considering the sudden turn in personality, surprisingly well or at least it didn't bother me. Though I wish they might have expanded the whole thing slightly as it was over from one moment to the next.

In the end this series proved to be quite the surprise and got better with each episode. My only real complaint (aside from the ending. I'm simply a sucker for super happy endings, as unrealistic as it might have been) was the left out fight with Sabi. Out of all of them he was the one I was looking forward to the most.

And with this I set Katanagatari from "Watching" to "Completed", may another show fill the void it left as fast as possible.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 11:28   Link #2234
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Long dying speech was looong. It just went on and on and on and on and on... it even reached a point where I started wishing Togame would just shut up and die already, especially since what she was saying was pretty convoluted and horrible. I want to believe what she told him was a lie, but I know it most likely wasn't. In the end, Togame's death left me indifferent. The cheerio thing was funny, though.

The fights were pretty cool. Shichika is seriously scary when he's serious. It was hilarious to see yet another Maniwa show up; fodders till the end, those guys. Shichika's motivation didn't make any sense, if he really wanted to die, then he could have simply, you know, not fought back instead of slaughtering everyone. The "only you can kill me" thing is always so stupid.

The ending was a bit unexpected. Seeing Hiteihime actually all cute (and very cute she was) all of a sudden was weird. I'm fine with her ending up with Shichika though. Poor dude desperately needs some love.
Old 2010-12-11, 12:27   Link #2235
BigRed

Shichika really did want to die back there but he could not just lay down and have anybody kill him. As a warrior, the Kyotōryuu head and the completed 13th deviant blade, he had to fall in battle and his greatest chance of that was to get in a fight with Emonzaemon as he was the closest match for him.

Or Shichika could have been lying to everybody (himself included) like Togame and was just there to get some hardcore revenge by kicking everybodys asses
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 12:56   Link #2236
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I enjoyed the last episode very much. Sure it was very upsetting and heavy with it's very tragic set-up after the cliffhanger, though the whole tone of the episode was so good. I guess you could say the change in Shichika's eyes sum it up nicely.

The very last cheerio from Shichika was the final nail in the coffin.

The ending with Shichika and Hitei was a shocker, though it was still nice.
Old 2010-12-11, 13:00   Link #2237
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by karinvampire View Post
Well just watched it,Pretty much satisfied with the end.

hmm maybe because I was spoiled since January lol

I give this show 9/10 very good anime IMO
I hadn't been spoiled, but I felt satisfied with the ending too and I give the series the same rating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karinvampire View Post
Really? I seen it kinda like "she and Togame were one in the same which is why they never got along". I Think hitel just showed her true side in the end.
Also I agree with you on Hitei being like that, as their personality came off type whom be annoyed by some similar. So I didn't find her being like that at the end too awkward, though was somewhat cute .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 13:53   Link #2238
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
To be fair the vengeance thing with Togame was set up since episode one and it needed to get resolve. The whole reason Togame collected the swords were to collect power and get her revenge. She dedicated her whole life at this and spending one year with Shichika wasn't going to change that, love or not.

As for Hitehime as I said before she didn't want to kill Togame but rather she had no choice since she'll be killed if someone found out she knew about her real identity and didn't do anything. I'm sure Shichika and Togame understands that and that's why he's not raging.
Not really. The end was only days away, and nobody else had figured it out in years. The shogun still didn't know when Shichika attacked.

The thing is, I think Togame's death, and Shichika's rage, were part of Shikizaki's plan.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 14:32   Link #2239
HandofFate

Katanagatari 12 was pretty awesome and T_T, then XFD!!

jeez, Shichika tearing through and breaking all the 11 swords and slaughtering their users. so good.

FFFFFFFFFFFF @ him killing that one guy 272 times in like 5 seconds.

Oh god, cracked up at the end when the Hiteihime ended up following Shichika. hilarious. Should be a spin-off of just those two.
Old 2010-12-11, 14:35   Link #2240
shichi-chan
Mippa~

Lol at first when Shichika was fighting, Uron I think is his name, I thought he was dodging then I realized he was actually hitting him! then Akutou Bita like fried him, and withered away~

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy