3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.62%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.86%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-07-05, 20:41   Link #241
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Waited to see the last episode at Anime Expo, which kind of sucked. I'm not at all fluent in Japanese but I can understand a great deal and basic conversation, with that being said the set up was terrible. The screen was in line with the subtitles and the heads cut off most of the words.

The last episode was really well done loved the Gilgamesh scene XD. God I love him...anyway love how it wrapped up so well. I haven't read the novel so I can't compare. Some things weren't clear not sure if it was heads or if some parts were left out. But overall great last episode.

Also a huge shout out to the moron at the convention who was asking why Kiritsugu wasn't more badly burned. Way to waste a question buddy!
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 06:05   Link #242
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allium View Post

Can anyone confirm this?
He meant it as a joke. They are interested but it's up to TM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Also a huge shout out to the moron at the convention who was asking why Kiritsugu wasn't more badly burned. Way to waste a question buddy!
First question too! That was beyond an idiotic question and reached troll levels of stupidity.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 23:37   Link #243
Filia Nox

Certainly, not a happy ending for most of the characters, especially Saber and Kiritsugu. T_T
Filia Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 00:10   Link #244
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

The worst part was that this ending wasn't really shocking and, to me, is the weakest part of the entire series. Since most of it needed to fit on the canon for Fate/Stay Night to happen. But at some points I feel this could be helped by standing on its own. The ending those brings closure to this story but in such a sand, unfulfilled and kind of disappointing manner that I almost feel cheated. Not “bad” but really could be better.
Old 2013-10-07, 05:55   Link #245
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

a very good anticlimactic episode for Fate/Zero
not the best but definitely needed to be a prelude to the next Grail War

Sakura with her new twisted personality, Rin with her 'crazy' tutor, and Shirou with his dream

Honestly, I really feel bad that Kiritsugu never manage to reunite with Illya
I really pray that in other parallel universe, Kiritsugu will live happily with Shirou and Ilya

10/10 for this episode
neatly done...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 01:03   Link #246
Stanfoo

Anyone know with certainty whether or not Lancelot actually spoke his last words aloud to Saber or was he just thinking it? The part when he says she was the greatest of kings.

I thought he was just thinking it but some people thought otherwise in this thread.
Stanfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 02:56   Link #247
Brother Coa
Banned

He actually said it, the picture just show it after he has spoken it.
In other words, he started talking when Saber killed him ( witch was his wish, see extended material for more info ). He said that to her, and just as he said that famous sentence he lose consciousness and fell to the ground, disappearing into the ashes of history.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 22:28   Link #248
Stanfoo

I was explaining to someone that the reason Saber disappeared was because she destroyed the grail with her noble phantasm. Without the grail, servants cannot remain in the real world. He responded by saying if that were the case, Gilgamesh should have disappeared as well (before getting splashed by the mud).

Is there a delay between servants disappearing after the grail is destroyed? Then it would make sense. Anyone know what to make of this?
Old 2013-12-22, 22:32   Link #249
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Archers usually has the innate ability to linger in the world without energy or anchor for much longer than other servants.
Old 2013-12-23, 05:52   Link #250
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanfoo View Post
I was explaining to someone that the reason Saber disappeared was because she destroyed the grail with her noble phantasm. Without the grail, servants cannot remain in the real world. He responded by saying if that were the case, Gilgamesh should have disappeared as well (before getting splashed by the mud).

Is there a delay between servants disappearing after the grail is destroyed? Then it would make sense. Anyone know what to make of this?
The Archer class has the Independent Action skill making them be able to stay for a certain duration in the world when their contract is broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Archer
Their main class ability is "Independent Action”; the ability to act independently for a length of time without an active supply of prana from their Master. This makes them suitable as scouts; it allows them to survive for duration of time if their contract with their Master is severed with more time granted by higher ranks.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 19:55   Link #251
Stanfoo

The Grail claimed it would grant Kiritsugu's wish by doing exactly what Kiritsugu has been doing his entire life, but on a larger scale (killing all of humanity). Could the grail make such a thing happen if Kiritsugu wished it? The whole thing about the grail being an omnipotent wish granting device is a farce, so I would assume no, right?
Old 2013-12-23, 20:04   Link #252
chaos_alfa

Quote:
The Grail claimed it would grant Kiritsugu's wish by doing exactly what Kiritsugu has been doing his entire life, but on a larger scale (killing all of humanity). Could the grail make such a thing happen if Kiritsugu wished it? The whole thing about the grail being an omnipotent wish granting device is a farce, so I would assume no, right?
Seems like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Holy_Grail
It is, however only a clump of magical energy and thus is not as omnipotent as people believe it to be, so wishing for something like "Saving the World" without specifying a working method will not suffice. Even if someone lacks power or wealth, the Grail can possibly carry out such a wish if they knew "the method of Saving the World." Kiritsugu Emiya, knowing only the practice of "sacrificing few for the benefit of many", was shown such a vision of "what would happened if the World was saved", though the corruption caused him to be shown the most malicious imagery of his "saved world." Had he followed through with it, the Grail would have realized it with certainty.[1] Ultimately, it can only amplify the scale of realization of wishes with working methodologies and is incapable of granting true miracles.
Old 2013-12-24, 00:50   Link #253
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

That is actually really smart for most of how these kind of plot device wish making things use to work, but this still bothers me.

The idea of the boats and everything requires so many specifics that I am surprise Kiritsugu didn't saw it himself. The Grail is creating a situation and answering without giving any other solution rather than him shooting people, is so obvious the situation could have been sort out in many other ways and we did saw Kiritsugu being able to decide when killing innocents was out of the question. I mean he did evacuate the building before blowing it up when attacking Kayneth at his home.

However killing all mankind won’t save anyone because we are all dead. I thought good was dumb not evil. I think the idea was fine, to show the Grail isn’t what the hero needs, but on the way of doing so makes it sound like it wasn’t really thought well since it didn’t offer something that made sense.
Old 2013-12-24, 08:06   Link #254
GDB

He didn't want to save everyone. He wanted a world without conflict; a world at peace. That is what the Grail offered.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 16:25   Link #255
Stanfoo

How exactly does asking a wish of the grail allow Angra Mainyu to be born into the world?
Old 2013-12-24, 17:59   Link #256
chaos_alfa

Quote:
How exactly does asking a wish of the grail allow Angra Mainyu to be born into the world?
Maybe this answers your question?

Spoiler for Heaven's Feel Spoilers and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia Spoilers:

It is fun answering your questions (to a certain extend), but most of your answers can be easily found if you checked the TYPE-MOON Wiki. I would recommend to first check the Wiki before asking a question, unless you don't want to potentially get spoiled, by reading the Wiki.

I also recommend using the Fate/ Series night Q&A thread for asking questions. The episode threads are for discussing the episodes.
Old 2013-12-24, 18:49   Link #257
Stanfoo

Gotcha, thanks.
Old 2016-08-16, 05:05   Link #258
Miza Kudo

Please, I couldn't understand why the ending disappoints me so much! I was looking for more than that, but it just didn't reach my expectation at all.
Miza Kudo is offline   Reply With Quote