Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
meh. you ps3 owner should be happy...your getting
"PS3 HOME"

It's Online Mii's but in a "Home"

oh yay!

http://kotaku.com/gaming/sony/rumor-...ome-240746.php
It pretty much is just a quick rip of Wii with Achievements. But unlike the other two...It really does not have a negative side to it.

Who says it was being negative. Maybe it was just laying out the other point of views? Or whatelse is happening.
For that upscaling...You are scarficing alot of games. And you know there is a good chance a lot of those games are filler ones. Pretty much the same stupid BS 360 has...No dont make Riddick, Panzeer Dragon, JSRF work. Make crap work

And a new standerd during a generation always screw old owners over.

And on Price...The juice is worth the squeeze for Sony far more than any other company. Remember they are selling each PS3...With a media hub to Sony products. Every game that wants to be on it...every bluray Sony title...connnected to a Sony store. The amount of profit each one can net is incridible. One PS3 can boost sales in Music, Movies, and Games area.
if the PS3 becomes uncompetitive...It will lower. What is more important...Being competitive or not selling?
Old 2007-03-03, 11:28   Link #442
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Upscaling of PS2 games to 1080p? Aww hell yeahs.
Read your own quote. It said 1080i.
Old 2007-03-03, 12:14   Link #443
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
Honestly, there's really nothing but good news for the PS3 coming.
Yup...I think this may be the turn of the tide. This is probably Sony's darkest hour, but if the the rumors are true and the listed demos turn out to be good- and then with Motorstorm coming out...
Old 2007-03-03, 12:56   Link #444
Lebron
I hear voices

Lair, Mass Effect, Halo 3 Beta, "possibly" Killzone 2 Demo, Too Human, and hopefully, Heavenly Sword. Our 360 and PS3 will be getting a lot of play time in the coming months.

Good times ahead for both 360 and PS3 owners, thats for sure.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 14:12   Link #445
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post
It pretty much is just a quick rip of Wii with Achievements.
It's anything but quick. Apparently it's been in development for over a year.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 16:40   Link #446
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
Lair, Mass Effect, Halo 3 Beta, "possibly" Killzone 2 Demo, Too Human, and hopefully, Heavenly Sword. Our 360 and PS3 will be getting a lot of play time in the coming months.

Good times ahead for both 360 and PS3 owners, thats for sure.
Even better times for PSWii60 owners :P
Old 2007-03-03, 16:44   Link #447
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit View Post
Even better times for PSWii60 owners :P
True, but the Wii doesn't have anything sparking my interest thats coming out early this year. Unless Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy are coming out around spring, summer. So for now, its PS60, with some PC for me
Old 2007-03-03, 17:21   Link #448
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post
It pretty much is just a quick rip of Wii with Achievements. But unlike the other two...It really does not have a negative side to it.

Who says it was being negative. Maybe it was just laying out the other point of views? Or whatelse is happening.
For that upscaling...You are scarficing alot of games. And you know there is a good chance a lot of those games are filler ones. Pretty much the same stupid BS 360 has...No dont make Riddick, Panzeer Dragon, JSRF work. Make crap work

And a new standerd during a generation always screw old owners over.

And on Price...The juice is worth the squeeze for Sony far more than any other company. Remember they are selling each PS3...With a media hub to Sony products. Every game that wants to be on it...every bluray Sony title...connnected to a Sony store. The amount of profit each one can net is incridible. One PS3 can boost sales in Music, Movies, and Games area.
if the PS3 becomes uncompetitive...It will lower. What is more important...Being competitive or not selling?

??

I never said it was negative.

I'm actual quite pleased.

After all, plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery

But for a "next gen" system, it seems pretty gimmicky, i expect this on the Wii, and i got what i wanted, I don't need it on another system.

Perhaps im just being spoiled, after all this is one of the only positive news i've heard about the PS3.

I'm waiting for Armoured Core , i love that game, and remember playing that on he PS1, and i won't mind buying the PS2 versions, when the PS3 goes down i will buy it just to play Armour Core. Sure it might be cheaper to get a PS2 but i want to play the next HD Armour Core.
Old 2007-03-03, 20:42   Link #449
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

GTO. The comment was more of a combination. LOL I just did not label who I was directing each too since about 3 or 4 people responded to the first. I just laid it all down LOL.
Old 2007-03-03, 21:16   Link #450
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Hey did anyone else downloaded the Tekken 5 DR for the PS3. For some reason when I'm playing it the sound and the game doesn't sync with each other. It's a slight delay, really unnoticeable but it's just kind of odd.
Your PS3 is dying :P Seriously, can't really comment, I haven't played it yet. Could be your TV or Connection, maybe?

Hmm, I forgot that Flow was released. I need to download that, looks pretty cool.

also, its new avatar time

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-03-03 at 23:05.
Old 2007-03-03, 22:33   Link #451
Zoe

Quote:
Hey did anyone else downloaded the Tekken 5 DR for the PS3. For some reason when I'm playing it the sound and the game doesn't sync with each other. It's a slight delay, really unnoticeable but it's just kind of odd.
What kind of TV are you using? Lag is a common problem with HD content.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 03:19   Link #452
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Removal of Emotion Engine chips in PS3's in NA and Japan to follow in April. Reason for this is to reduce costs and focus on enhanced opportunities via software. Benefits include the ability to upscale selected PSone/PS2 games to 1080i/720p
This scared me. What is an Emotion Engine? Does that mean my PS3 is alive and how does the removal of 1 chip help upscale games?(I'm very confused.)
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 08:28   Link #453
Knightmare213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theclow View Post
This scared me. What is an Emotion Engine? Does that mean my PS3 is alive and how does the removal of 1 chip help upscale games?(I'm very confused.)
The Emotion Engine is the CPU of PlayStation 2. You remove that, you remove PS3's ability to have backward compatibility with PSOne and PS2 games. What Sony wants to do now is what Microsoft with with their Xbox360. MS had developed downloadable softwares for the 360's backward compatibility with Xbox games.

So don't worry much. If you happen to have a PS2, either the original version or the slim version, you're okay. As for your other question...I'm sure there are others who can help you.

Nice sig and avatar, kayos. Make it yourself?
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 08:50   Link #454
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotion_Engine
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 20:45   Link #455
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Since we're off topic, anyone going to see 300, man that movie looks HOT.
Yup, going to see it at the IMAX Thursday night @ midnight, can't wait
Old 2007-03-04, 22:02   Link #456
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Damn I can't wait either but I have school on Friday morning so it's a no no. I'm getting out at noon anyway so I'm heading straight there with a few of my classmates. Gotta love the concept when the odds are against them.

Although I already know the outcome but man the cinematography looks amazing (cough, cough) with the violence and all.
I have a class on Friday too, but its at noon, so I can afford to stay out late :P

Anyway, back on 300
http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?name=m...704&vid=136403

That should make the wait even more harder
Old 2007-03-05, 05:34   Link #457
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Downloading Tekken 6 Demo?

Is it abit like....this?

Wow. what joy.
Old 2007-03-05, 09:24   Link #458
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
I have a class on Friday too, but its at noon, so I can afford to stay out late :P

Anyway, back on 300
http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?name=m...704&vid=136403

That should make the wait even more harder
Wow, that just derailed the topic past the point of return, and I'm just pushing it farther. Anyway you should wait to see 300 senice it's going to be packed on release day. Of course my crystal ball says you don't care.
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 10:50   Link #459
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Wow, that just derailed the topic past the point of return, and I'm just pushing it farther. Anyway you should wait to see 300 senice it's going to be packed on release day. Of course my crystal ball says you don't care.
Yup, I love derailing, and you got to love the joy of ordering tickets in advance Still, I'm going to the IMAX. I've been there for a few other movies on opening day, and its rarely packed. For 1 it costs a lot more than a normal ticket, and of course, people forget IMAX's even exist :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayos
That trailer made it look like it was 30 Spartans, that's just freaking great.
Yup, the rest of them went out for drinks and snacks. Just wait till they get back, all hell will break loose.
Old 2007-03-05, 10:54   Link #460
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
All this talk of Spartans will eventually turn this into a 360 thread =P
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
console, ps3, sony