Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-05, 13:42   Link #761
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyriaL View Post
Akihisa's idiocy is really starting to get saddening. Its time the girls take the offensive, and this time seriously.
Yea, it's time for the girls to stop beating Akihisa for every little thing he does, stop emitting stupid yandere and tsundere auras and just confess to him DIRECTLY.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 13:56   Link #762
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Agreed. He can't procreate his stupidity if he goes with the Hideyoshi route.
Depends, does he get Yuuko too?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 14:52   Link #763
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Akihisa just HAD to do it, didn't he? He just HAD to be an utterly braindead idiot and not pick up on the not-so-subtle hints that both girls are madly in love with him? No, but remembering that he sent her the wrong text message was for some inexplicable reason the first thing he thought of when he was dragged off by the FFF. Though, even if he had to clear it up, he could've still told her that he appreciated her kiss and wouldn't mind taking things further from there.
That'd be a major dick move, since he doesn't feel that way at all. Poor girl's been firmly friend zoned since forever.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 16:14   Link #764
AzureWrath

If you want non-idiotic male leads, you only have to go to shoujo anime/manga . Great compromise right xD?

I think a strong male lead just doesn't work for harems. It is much harder to cater to 4+ girls when your male lead knows that they are all interested in him. He either turns into a lech or picks one and throw the others off a cliff. All the other shippers will rage and the status quo between the characters would drastically change.

It is just much easier to have a dumb protagonist. It allows the author to lump in as many girls as he can create to pander out to fetishes >.>

PS: Hideyoshi route go!
Old 2011-09-05, 17:19   Link #765
Crackabad

haha how did minami's desk break so suddenly?
probably did it herself lol :P
Old 2011-09-05, 20:13   Link #766
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It's not like Hideyoshi needs the help, but if Minami and Himeji were the only hetero options, Hidesuxality is lookin' good...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 21:56   Link #767
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I always wanted to say this to Akihisa regarding about the girls . . .but it might make me more of an idiot than himself by just asking this to him...

"Akihisa..... please make up your mind.."
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 22:09   Link #768
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It was never a question about making a decision, it's has always been about trying to get the message through to him.

And for those people supporting Hideyoshi... Realize now that the only reason why it looks like a good idea is because Hideyoshi doesn't like him that way and so can behave normally around him. In the event he does become a Kubo, the same cycle of embarrassment and shyness would repeat itself and we'll still not get anywhere
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 22:50   Link #769
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The reason it looks like a good idea to me is that Hideyoshi is the only "option" that isn't a psychotic...
Old 2011-09-05, 22:56   Link #770
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The reason it looks like a good idea to me is that Hideyoshi is the only "option" that isn't a psychotic...
For now, what's stopping that from changing once love is added into the equation?

I'm pretty sure that's how yanderes started out, all normal looking and sweet...
Old 2011-09-05, 22:58   Link #771
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yandere Hideyoshi - why is that even hotter?
Old 2011-09-05, 23:22   Link #772
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by genjichan View Post
I always wanted to say this to Akihisa regarding about the girls . . .but it might make me more of an idiot than himself by just asking this to him...

"Akihisa..... please make up your mind.."
Uh Genjichan he did....

Its name is Hideyoshii, the fact that he's dreaming about him I think speaks for itself.

Quote:
I think a strong male lead just doesn't work for harems. It is much harder to cater to 4+ girls when your male lead knows that they are all interested in him. He either turns into a lech or picks one and throw the others off a cliff. All the other shippers will rage and the status quo between the characters would drastically change.

It is just much easier to have a dumb protagonist. It allows the author to lump in as many girls as he can create to pander out to fetishes >.>
Sometimes change is good though.

On that matter does anyone find it weird that Aki is like any guy who wants to peep in the girls' bathroom but doesn't get excited or jump on an opportunity when he's actually got girls gunning for him?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 23:23   Link #773
CrimsonSunshine
We live to make tomorrow

Hideyoshi route is win, but I still don't see much of a problem with the Minami route. Except people taking slapstick in fiction way too seriously.

Anyway, this episode was good, it didn't disappoint me, because I never have expectations for anime, I just go in, with a clean slate, and that makes it so much more enjoyable! Though, if I could write the ending to this Aki/Minami/Mizuki love triangle, I'd totally pull a School Days ending on them.
CrimsonSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 23:35   Link #774
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Yandere Hideyoshi - why is that even hotter?
That... Wasn't my intention...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post

Sometimes change is good though.

On that matter does anyone find it weird that Aki is like any guy who wants to peep in the girls' bathroom but doesn't get excited or jump on an opportunity when he's actually got girls gunning for him?
It's because he doesn't think any girl likes him He thinks Minami hates him and that Himeji likes Yuji (Long story due to yet another misunderstanding)

In fact the last girl he asked if she liked him was Miharu

Quote:
"If you aren't going to be obedient, I'll spread these photos around!"

"Eh? You said photos—WAH! THOSE ARE EMBARRASSING PHOTOS OF ME!!"

Isn't Shimizu-san holding photos of me in girls' outfit? Why does she have these photos? Is it—

"—Shimizu-san, don't tell me you like me?"

"YOU MAKE ME SICK!"

I inadvertently shed a tear.
So basically he can't read atmosphere to save his life.
Old 2011-09-05, 23:41   Link #775
Sixth
Hu Tao

Besides Akihisa, everyone and their dogs know that Minami and Himeji are madly in ove with Akihisa, right?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 23:47   Link #776
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Besides Akihisa, everyone and their dogs know that Minami and Himeji are madly in love with Akihisa, right?
Do they? The boys' seem to think Minami was putting up one hell of a performance...

Plus if they do know, why would Hideyoshi need to prepare a script...?
Old 2011-09-05, 23:58   Link #777
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's because he doesn't think any girl likes him He thinks Minami hates him and that Himeji likes Yuji (Long story due to yet another misunderstanding)
THat is one f****p misunderstanding there.

Quote:
So basically he can't read atmosphere to save his life.
The fact that he's able to breath and speak japanese is nothing short of a miracle.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 00:03   Link #778
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath View Post
If you want non-idiotic male leads, you only have to go to shoujo anime/manga . Great compromise right xD?

PS: Hideyoshi route go!
A strong, intelligent male harem lead...

Legend tells of a legendary harem lead whose wooing skills were the stuff of legend. He was so charming, in fact, that the girls would go blind from over-exposure to pure awesomeness!

Keima from The World God Only Knows manages to pull it off.

But that's only because Keima has the awesome power of pure awesomeness.

Hayate isn't too bad either, but Hayate's strength is as the strength of ten because his heart is pure. His ultimate pureness makes him completely immune to almost all romance.

Ranma is also a not too bad harem lead. Sometimes he is dumb, but mainly he's just cursed with a greedy selfish father. That and everyone else is insane. Insane insane.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 00:07   Link #779
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I really think Good Boy Shin'ichiro of True Tears was pretty smart and pretty strong, though I know I won't get much support with that. And of course, TT isn't really a harem series - two girls doth not a harem make, and girl #3 was never in the game. The hard truth, though, is that Baka Test isn't really a harem series either - like TT it's at best a triangle, and I don't really think it's a romance-first series.
Old 2011-09-06, 00:19   Link #780
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Keima from The World God Only Knows manages to pull it off.

But that's only because Keima has the awesome power of pure awesomeness.
I think you give Keima too much credit. Sure he's not a dumbass and/or dense as a stone like other harem leads but he still isn't actually interested in a romantic relationship with any of the girls he makes fall for him.
(Not to mention he's sort of a weakling.)

I've always found Baka to Test's strength was it's comedy though (At least in it's first season), so I'm not really disappointed with the lack of romantic progression and preservation of the status quo. It WOULD'VE been better if they did flesh out the romance more, but expecting something like that from a rom-com like this is just foolish of me.

Tags
comedy, fantasy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen