AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2015-03-17, 16:46   Link #801
Lyendith

Well, Leo shines plenty later on, so I can't say I missed that fight much - although it is still pretty well written. =[ The problem I have with Leo in the VN is that he spends a lot of time being awesome but not so much being developped as a character. The manga partly fixes that, which is great.
Lyendith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 05:17   Link #802
mmxhmj2

The name of Ryukishi's new work has been revealed.Trianthorogy.And another two writers also cooperate in it.
mmxhmj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 11:33   Link #803
Lyendith

The subtitle is "Alice in the Land of the Three-Faced Mirror”…

Tagline: “When the three worlds become one, Alice will wake up.”

The three authors are Ryukishi07 of course, Tonokawa Yuto (who worked on Little Busters) and Tanaka Romeo (author of Jinrui wa Suitaishimashita). It’s the same trio that collaborated on KEY’s Rewrite.

… so the space opera thing has been shelved, huh? Although I'm pretty sure this twin-tailed girl was one of its characters…

PS: Oh, and "Hinamizawa Bus Stop" is gonna be adapted into a play, as it originally was supposed to be. =O

Last edited by Lyendith; 2015-04-02 at 12:20.
Old 2015-04-02, 16:35   Link #804
GDAFF
Japanese Translator

Since it's gonna be about three worlds, I'll assume that each author is working on one world and Ryukishi's world is gonna be the one about sci-fi. That seems to be kinda legit.

Though with the Rewrite team together, I still find it surprising that they're collaborating this as a 07th Expansion work. Which means that it'll all be drawn by Ryukishi07, it seems. Tonokawa and Romeo must really like Ryukishi.

Also that subtitle (三面鏡の国のアリス) could probably be something like "Alice in the Three-Sided Looking-Glass World" because it references the Japanese title of the book "Through the Looking-Glass" (鏡の国のアリス) and that "鏡の国" refers to the "Looking-Glass World" of the book.
GDAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 02:11   Link #805
Observer1994

I definitely think that Ryukishi over did it with the sleeves, way too large, in my opinion.

But nonetheless, I'm so stoked for this new story.
Observer1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 09:51   Link #806
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer1994 View Post
I definitely think that Ryukishi over did it with the sleeves, way too large, in my opinion.

But nonetheless, I'm so stoked for this new story.
If I've learned anything from Umineko/Higanbana, it's that the stupider you're clothes are, the more power you have.

She basically has dresses for her hands. Which is interesting, since those sorts of dresses were instated as the standard of feminine beauty because they constricted movement and enforced patriarchal control. Those sorts of sleeves have the same effect, but in a way more relevant the 21st century.

Anyways, I gotta give Ryukishi points for creativity!
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 11:36   Link #807
Observer1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
She basically has dresses for her hands. Which is interesting, since those sorts of dresses were instated as the standard of feminine beauty because they constricted movement and enforced patriarchal control. Those sorts of sleeves have the same effect, but in a way more relevant the 21st century.
Hmm. I never thought of it like that, when you put it that way. And if you ask me, out of all of Ryukishi's characters in lolita dresses, Higanbana's was my favorite, especially the dress she wore in 2nd night.
Observer1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 08:40   Link #808
mmxhmj2

Chapter 14 is updated! Really quickly! ╰(*°▽°*)╯

By the way,in the manga,Meijiu's attempt to set Rose up as 'dragon' comes a little abrupt.He just says those blaming words in front of Richard,Stella and others.
Old 2015-04-05, 11:17   Link #809
Lyendith

Well, Ange had the same "long sleeves/short skirt" contrast in her outfit, so I guess Ryukishi likes that. :ž I'll take that over another customised Angel Mort uniform.

But well, Beatrice's dress remains the most gorgeous outift he has drawn. It'll be hard to beat that one.

Quote:
By the way,in the manga,Meijiu's attempt to set Rose up as 'dragon' comes a little abrupt.He just says those blaming words in front of Richard,Stella and others.
True, an ill effect of the compression. :x It comes less as a slowly instilled poison and more as… well, as he says, "a magic spell". Literally.
Old 2015-05-04, 14:01   Link #810
Lyendith

So… after browsing around Mitsunori Zaki's blog, it seems that the guy is working on several series at once, and thus RGD LS chapters don't come out every month. =O Maybe that's why the 1st volume is so slow to come out…

Most recent chapter is chapter 8 apparently…
Spoiler for Last Season:
Old 2015-05-05, 08:39   Link #811
mmxhmj2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyendith View Post
So… after browsing around Mitsunori Zaki's blog, it seems that the guy is working on several series at once, and thus RGD LS chapters don't come out every month. =O Maybe that's why the 1st volume is so slow to come out…

Most recent chapter is chapter 8 apparently…
Spoiler for Last Season:
I haven't heard about anything about it for a long time and thought it has been suspended...But seems it nearly comes to the last part...
Old 2015-05-12, 06:07   Link #812
st_nick5

Any progress on the translation patch?
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-13, 13:42   Link #813
RandomAvatarFan

Hey, all of the 07thExpansion games from MangaGamer has been pulled. Higurashi, Umineko, Higanbana, The french version of Higurashi, and Rose Guns Days are all gone. All that's available now is the Steam version of Onikakushi-hen for preorder.

It's been a struggle enough tracking down the hard copies as it is. Are Hobibox downloads available or something?

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 21:22   Link #814
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
Hey, all of the 07thExpansion games from MangaGamer has been pulled. Higurashi, Umineko, Higanbana, The french version of Higurashi, and Rose Guns Days are all gone. All that's available now is the Steam version of Onikakushi-hen for preorder.

It's been a struggle enough tracking down the hard copies as it is. Are Hobibox downloads available or something?
There used to be an English-oriented download from Hobibox for Umineko, but when I checked after this it wasn't available anymore. I'd assume RGD, etc are the same.

RE: Umineko, RGD, and Higanbana, I asked on the forum and they said it was because the contracts expired. They're trying to renew them now, though. And, quote, "With your support, we might have even better news about these series in the future!" I assume that'd be a full English release of those games, not one that has to be patched.

RE: Higurashi, I guess they'd remove the old ones because the new Steam version is coming out.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-19, 16:09   Link #815
Lyendith

I'm currently translating chapter 18…

I realize that outside of all this added scenes, the characterization of Caleb has changed quite a bit near the end of the S1 manga. Less "struggling to the bitter end" and more "already resigned to be kicked out of power, but trying to go out with a bang".

Also, the way the quarrel scene was changed, Caleb and Miguel look even more like an arguing couple than in the VN. I think we may have a very rare official threesome in this manga.

Chapter 15 should be out soon in French, I don't know how it's going in English…
Old 2015-05-20, 08:06   Link #816
mmxhmj2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyendith View Post

Also, the way the quarrel scene was changed, Caleb and Miguel look even more like an arguing couple than in the VN. I think we may have a very rare official threesome in this manga.
Absolutely.Especially considering Miguel's attitude towards Amanda...He's really jealous of her being loved by Caleb
Old 2015-05-20, 19:37   Link #817
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_nick5 View Post
Any progress on the translation patch?
We've finally picked up our pace around march, despite we were expecting to work full time around december-january.
I hate to be a broken record, but even if we expected delay due to matters from our respective personal life, it still dragged the editing process to abnormal degree, and I sincerely apologize for that.

Before some people might have weird misconceptions (I said that because it happened back during Umineko translation period), again, our erratic pace with RGD is purely due to a severe shift in workload for chrono (hence the slow pace for the initial translation), and other problems + timing for the editing as well as a pending matter. The fact RGD being "less appealing" (according to some people) than umineko due to its genre etc is nothing to do with that.

And for fans of "conspiracy theory", we didn't deliberately delay the release to coincide it with Ryukishi's attendances to US conventions. It is purely coincidental.

Now with all said, the editing is practically finished, and we are giving it a finishing touch.
As "usual", we don't have a precise date to offer. However, the patch will be ready within 1-2 week at most.

One thing to say: I hope you have free time.
Old 2015-05-20, 23:24   Link #818
Kyrrangela
Sannin's Trainee

Thank you very much for informing and for keeping up such hard work! I hope everything goes well and thank you all once more! Really looking forward to this!
Old 2015-05-21, 08:36   Link #819
Lyendith

Yay.

I don't suppose you plan to work on Trianthology? You must be dead tired with doing two long series already. =[
Old 2015-05-21, 15:31   Link #820
motoko-li

Thank you very much for your hard work!!!

I'm sorry that these people who says such mean things to you ;_; Just ignore them! They're dumb!!

We know that you guys are doing it totally free, so I would never complain.

Still I'm really glad that the final patch is finally coming out!

Once again, Thank you!
motoko-li is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ryukishi07, spoiler, visual novel