AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2014-06-04, 18:50   Link #861
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Someone will easily just record the voice, paste it over the japanese version and upload it to the internet.

I WILL see it if I can get to a theater without spending 50 bucks getting there lol

Dat Kamehameha dub sounds good, I think he's improved his goku OVER 9000! -shot-
Old 2014-06-05, 18:50   Link #862
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I'm good with the subs dl. Not going to see the movie since pretty much we've discussed it here.

I'm sure alot will debate Vegeta's rage burst that is more powerful than SSJ3.

Speaking of that...where is my Vegeta ova?
Old 2014-06-05, 19:33   Link #863
GDB

Debate... what? They outright stated it was stronger, for a short time, in the movie. By Goku. There's no debate. Discussion, sure, but no debate.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 00:39   Link #864
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

You know Goku fanboys will debate. No it's not stronger..blah blah

Anyways where is my Vegeta OVA?
Old 2014-06-08, 01:03   Link #865
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Anyone who argues against it is kinda just being a idiot. lol

would love to have a Vegeta centered OVA.
Old 2014-06-24, 21:06   Link #866
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Vegeta the main protag innext DBZ movie?:V

EDIT: removed video

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2014-06-25 at 08:04.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-24, 21:31   Link #867
GDB

That video is such bullshit. A second movie has not been confirmed. All that was stated was Toriyama wanted Vegeta to be the protagonist if he did another movie. He even says it part way through that it's an "if", but then continues to act like that means it's 100% confirmed.

I swear to god, these fans. And the worst part is this little pecker thinks the fans (English fans, as if Toei gives any shits about fans outside of Japan) had anything to do with getting a movie.

Ugh, the longer this video goes on, the worst it gets. He quoted the line from Toriyama early on, that it was a total if, and then the next 6 minutes is just him acting like it's 100% confirmed. Ugh. And he keeps acting like the Gine special was an anime/manga like the Episode of Bardock when it was just a manga spinoff.

And he says "animes" and "mangas".
Old 2014-06-25, 08:03   Link #868
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yeaa XD ... We can hope tho. I kept chuckling when he seemed to have believe it to be 100% confirmed. I looked at the description first before I watched and saw no Proof links so yea. Pretty much click bait, I'm gonna remove the video just so he doesn't get any from here.
Old 2014-06-25, 17:30   Link #869
Samari
World's Greatest

This movie was unfortunately very lackluster to me. I'm not sure what the consensus feeling on it is since I haven't looked through this thread, but as a Dragon Ball fan I was disappointed. It really just seemed like the majority of the film was a huge get-together where nothing was really happening. The plot was very thin and didn't really offer anything of substance. I know Dragon Ball as itself isn't very deep and it isn't supposed to be, but I at least was hoping for a narrative where I would care about the characters cause for whatever it is they were doing. There was none of that here. When the big fight rolled around in the final act it was hard to be invested in it at all. A lot of it was just mindless action. It's unfortunate because I do think that the series still has grounds for stories that are actually engaging.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 19:58   Link #870
rladls2121

Bills, I have to pay my Bills
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 23:19   Link #871
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
This movie was unfortunately very lackluster to me. I'm not sure what the consensus feeling on it is since I haven't looked through this thread, but as a Dragon Ball fan I was disappointed. It really just seemed like the majority of the film was a huge get-together where nothing was really happening. The plot was very thin and didn't really offer anything of substance. I know Dragon Ball as itself isn't very deep and it isn't supposed to be, but I at least was hoping for a narrative where I would care about the characters cause for whatever it is they were doing. There was none of that here. When the big fight rolled around in the final act it was hard to be invested in it at all. A lot of it was just mindless action. It's unfortunate because I do think that the series still has grounds for stories that are actually engaging.
Would ya rather have had it be a 1 hour long stretched out fights just so the haters can make fun of it again? XP
Old 2014-06-26, 00:39   Link #872
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Would ya rather have had it be a 1 hour long stretched out fights just so the haters can make fun of it again? XP
I just wasn't expecting an hour long party where nothing was happening.

This really wasn't even in the league with the first 13 films which are already lackluster and extremely formulaic. I'll give credit that it's more bold than the others and different in it's approach. Unfortunately there just isn't much of a narrative.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-27, 11:39   Link #873
Vegard Aune

None of the DBZ-films had much of a narrative, really. The closest one gets would probably be movies 8 and 13.

But yeah, though I did enjoy this movie, I admit that it completely lacked tension. Which in a way is a bit refreshing compared to most of the other films that just took themselves so deathly seriously (actually, the twelfth DBZ-movie might be my favorite among the old films for completely averting that), but it also ends up making the movie feel... not terribly cinematic. Also the animation was on the whole pretty bad.
Old 2014-07-13, 19:03   Link #874
AnimeFan188

Spoiler for Spoilers:
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-13, 19:54   Link #875
GDB

Bulma only said she was 38. She's actually 45.
Old 2014-07-13, 20:43   Link #876
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Bulma only said she was 38. She's actually 45.
Even in the original DragonBall series, wasn't Mai older than Bulma?
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-13, 21:58   Link #877
GDB

If she says she's 41 in Battle of Gods, then no. She'd have been 12, the same as Goku.
Old 2014-07-14, 13:22   Link #878
Vegard Aune

The age-thing is obviously a case of Toriyama forgetting the timeframe. If it was just Bulma's age being off then it could be chalked up as her just lying, but there is no way Mai was twelve when she first appeared. And she has absolutely no reason to be chipping off a year or eight off her actual age being that "41" sounds just as implausible as "48" considering how she looks like a ten-year-old.
Old 2014-07-14, 13:31   Link #879
GDB

I agree, the 41 is definitely wrong from Toriyama, but 45 for Bulma is right since we actually know the years that things happened for her. Krillin even makes a snide remark that pisses her off when she says she's only 38.
Old 2014-07-15, 05:11   Link #880
SidVicious
Anime addict

Dragon Ball Z Gets New 2015 Film by Creator Toriyama

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...oriyama/.76681