Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Spoiler for Ep 9:
Spoiler for episode 9:
Old 2011-03-07, 16:08   Link #1622
Seihai
スマイリウム

Mixed feelings for this ep, I guess I'll just let it slip as "build up for arc". I didn't find anything confusing to be honest, there were only really 2 major conflicts. Weird ones, though.

Haruna didn't do much this time nor did Sera, but she at least got some development. Yuki's part of some kinda (random) revelation, younger sister of an acquaintance. Kay, cool. Ayumu is his usual self.

The only outstanding stuff was when Yuu and KotN met, and Dai-sensei appeared. Why did he kill one of the Abyssal Sevens, and who are they? How was Yuu's relation to KotN? What does he want? What's Dai-sensei got to do with this and where's Kyoko? Just what is Ayumu? There's many things I still want to know, here's to hope it'll clear up stuff before this season ends. I suspect a second one.
Old 2011-03-07, 16:24   Link #1623
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for episode 9:
Well...I guess it makes sense a bit then for Tomonori, but it still feel like a huge come out of nowhere thing, only foreshadowing we get is when Kyouko mentioned artifact and Tomonori isn't mentioned at all, or her reaction to Dai-sensei. I guess one thing that's missing is the sense of danger? I mean, sure, it must have been heavy, but being sit on by a huge doll, they don't show much of a pain or anything.

I agree, things really went Daimaou when flaming monster appears. Personally, I would save the monster appearance until later, after Tomonori hangs out with the group for literally more than just a day. The part where KotN was taunting Yuu was fine, maybe because he really mess with her emotion this time the Megalo is the strongest Ayumu ever encounter, which overwhelms them. Dai-sensei appears beforehand and chats enigmatically with KotN like in the original ep, although she beam shot the monster as well when it's threatening Haruna. Ayumu then got a second wind and knocked out the monster, saving Tomonori and although he suffers the worst injury, he's a zombie anyway. Then the whole Yuu thing continues as it suppose to be.

Again, although it's a bit melodramatic the episode was fine, with some character developments for Yuu and Sera especially, but the Flaming Monster really ruins it. Well, if there's a good thing to come off it, then at least maybe then Tomonori can wield great power using that monster? Or was it not controllable? I'm seriously still confused about the nature of that thing...
Old 2011-03-07, 16:50   Link #1624
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
First time I felt a bit meh watching an episode of this series. It was just awkward even for this show's standard.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 16:57   Link #1625
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Yuki's fire monster reminds me of Index's Johann's pen mode.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 17:05   Link #1626
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I have no idea what the hell happened in this episode. All I remember is that there was fire, lightning, stabbing, kappa monsters, explosions, lasers, and jiggling.

5 stars.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 17:30   Link #1627
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO @ Yuu T_T

It's funny because, I thought I was going to cry when Ayumu read Yuu's wish. But then he read his own, "May none these wishes come true". And I was like "wow, omg, Ayumu, that's SO mean!" So I started laughing instead, lmao.

I kinda started to wonder if KoN was possibly future Ayumu, but he distinctly stated that the reason Yuu told him to disappear was because he killed someone he wasn't supposed to. Ayumu isn't the type to kill anyone who isn't a megalo, so I know that's definitely out. He's just some bitter yet extremely powerful hardass zombie-douche.

Oh, and the Tomonori thing was stupid. It felt like it had NO purpose whatsoever for being in there other than to just fill up the time slot.
Old 2011-03-07, 17:36   Link #1628
New/Old
Old to the New

I wonder if that flaming monstrousity was what Dai-sensei meant when she called Ayumu two episodes back. She certainly seems to imply as much.
Old 2011-03-07, 17:48   Link #1629
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 9:
Old 2011-03-07, 18:05   Link #1630
Sparvid
*hic*

I'm a bit surprised that they didn't squeeze a Delusion Yuu in at the point where she went to the store. It wouldn't have been out of character for Ayumu, since he didn't suspect anything unusual.

How long is Yuki's going to be "XXX" in the OP?

Oh, and I got a Milky Holmes flashback at the "Don't call me Kokoro-chan Tomonori!"
Old 2011-03-07, 18:21   Link #1631
mechdra

Best line from Sera so far'He is well done.'
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 18:57   Link #1632
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
In the beginning Sera was so loveable... Also the first scene between Yuu and KotN was done well, but then things went down the hill. Directing, scene placement, transitions, BGM, and that CG fire thing... duh... it was like they were trying to do everything wrong.

I also got completely confused with the exposition... if they ever make a second season, I hope it would be from a different team, the current execution does no justice to the source material... the second they try anything other than animating jokes from the novel, everything falls apart.

By the way, as with Daimaou, KoreZon novels would make a better read, than watching the anime; in that regard, I guess the both anime are indeed successful promo, despite their countless flaws
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 19:00   Link #1633
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I really have no idea what the deal with Maelstrom and the fire golem was. It just kinda came out of nowhere and disappeared just as quickly.

I did like to see KotN though. Guess his powers are pretty high-level being able to bust a ferris wheel and call a lightning strike with a snap of his fingers. Ayumu can't do anything like that and he's a zombie too. KotN never told us what this "wish" he has is though, but I could make a few guesses...

Ending was pretty sad (finally get to hear Eu's actual voice) and the plot-twist about Sera's original mission being to kill Eu was shocking but that's about all the emotion I got out of this episode.

I'd say this episode was average.
Old 2011-03-07, 19:02   Link #1634
D-Gold
Aurum

So that's where she was hiding that scythe. I wish she would have used it more.
Old 2011-03-07, 21:14   Link #1635
tsunade666

I also don't understand the thing about the fire golem and how it appear when Kyoko was endangered. Maybe it's a defense system that's been put to her. But isn't she a vampire ninja? how can it be the ultimate masou shoujo weapon if she's not a masou shoujo. Also I'm confused too on the whole Abyss thing. They didn't give much info about KofN yet and for Yuu's connection with him.

But the thing I'm sure now is Yuki liked Ayumu. Maybe before it's because of duty or law but now. She really looks she likes him.

And sad part for Yuu's "goodbye"

And for Ayumu's wish. It's really sad. He didn't know that the girls are writing a different wish aside from their own crazy wish that they write and which he had read.
Old 2011-03-07, 21:26   Link #1636
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep9:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 21:55   Link #1637
0rphen21
^.^

i m more intrigued on what Ayumu really is Dai Sensei said that he was a powerful magician also Yuki's persona was not so bad

next ep
more Saras
Old 2011-03-07, 23:47   Link #1638
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah kind of confusing with the fire golem thing popping out of Yuki and a lot of the things that happened there. Though makes a bit more sense after taking some time to think about it, though not completely. Still some good development for Yuki in liking Ayumu more now.

A rough spot for Sera to be in. Think Ayumu should try to see the hard spot she is in. Obviously wants to stand by her friend, but not easy to just toss aside orders because you don't happen to like them. Still made a good decision in the end since can't just turn her back on Eu.

A sad situation with Eu in this. Saw how her presence could put the others in so much danger. Kind of a scary thought that her emotions being swayed by Ayumu might have affected reality and put him in the path of Kyouko. She was interested in him and events unfolded that let her revive him and so stay by him. Of course no way the others can just give up on her now. They'll have to find her and remind her again that it's better to be together than apart.
Old 2011-03-08, 00:12   Link #1639
Dahak86
Classics never age

yeah, a 'meh' episode indeed. too bad, because it started off pretty good. but the rest, yea...
reminiscent of DaiMaou? hmm, nah... DaiMaou was much better than this.
Although, last DaiMaou episodes were excessively rushed and poorly animated at times, they still were highly enjoyable.
can't say the same for this...
Old 2011-03-08, 00:14   Link #1640
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Have to echo everyone elses thoughts of this episode, found it very confusing and was quite bored throughout. Does pose some nice questions though which hopefully will be answered before the series ends.
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen