Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 17:59   Link #182
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil
Spoiler for Saya-chan's thingy:
Actually, I meant what activity she was doing, not what she is wearing

Because no matter what she wears, she looks good, I was just wondering how she managed
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 20:09   Link #183
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
Next episode, 16, is about her [Shie Sugihara, the editor lady]. Oh, that must mean we are at episode 15

Hello all, I hope you don't mind me going on and off the forums from time to time, alot of questions to be answered, alot of info to give out, etc....but I've been trying to catch up with some old friends from my beta testing days, which has been a real blast, literally
Hmmm.. I suppose at this rate episode 17 will probably be the green haired chick wearing glasses and driving a motorcycle in the intro.

I think I can guess part of episode 16 already - Shie will be asking Kiri about Kiri's love life (or lack thereof). I wonder if ep 16 will be like the Sumire episode (which was mostly Sumire and Elis), and not involve Hiroki that much (and instead focus on Kiri and Shie, along with Hagino, of course).

Episode 15 seemed alright, for what it was. But after episode 13 and 14, it's kind of a harsh transition to go to a character-portrait episode...
MonkeyBrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 20:14   Link #184
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBrains
Episode 15 seemed alright, for what it was. But after episode 13 and 14, it's kind of a harsh transition to go to a character-portrait episode...
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-22, 21:02   Link #185
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Spoiler:
lol you post here too magnatron? ^^

Spoiler:
tun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 01:47   Link #186
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I have a question about one of the earlier episodes. It's specifically in regards to the one that has a flashback to when Elis was back in the hospital and Hiroki was coming to visit her. Who's that white-ish haired little girl that Hiroki meets briefly before going up to Elis' room?
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 02:56   Link #187
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tun
lol you post here too magnatron? ^^

Spoiler:
Whoa whoa, is that you tun? The tun from L-R? You...you followed me here! lol

No seriously, glad to see you here. Now I'm not the only L-R'er hanging around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
I have a question about one of the earlier episodes. It's specifically in regards to the one that has a flashback to when Elis was back in the hospital and Hiroki was coming to visit her. Who's that white-ish haired little girl that Hiroki meets briefly before going up to Elis' room?
Hey there, I'd appreciate it if you can remind me which ep that was, we're at ep 15 now and there's been a handful of flashbacks scattered around, and I'm not exactly the kind who has time to go through each ep
Old 2006-01-23, 06:44   Link #188
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Actually, I meant what activity she was doing, not what she is wearing

Because no matter what she wears, she looks good, I was just wondering how she managed
Actually, if you look to the website, "Naginata" also refers to the practice of fighting while using that weapon, just as Kendo is the practice of fighting with a Kendo sword.
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 07:14   Link #189
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
It's in episode 2, shortly after the eye-catch, and based on the design of the hair, it kind of looks like Tomoko, which seems possible since Tomoko would have been in the hospital too, and of course she's the same age as Elis. Portents of something in a future episode, perhaps? I'm kind of hoping not, because I was hoping the characters wouldn't all be falling all over Hiroki, and that's why I liked Tomoko.
Old 2006-01-23, 14:49   Link #190
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil
Actually, if you look to the website, "Naginata" also refers to the practice of fighting while using that weapon, just as Kendo is the practice of fighting with a Kendo sword.
Ah I see, I'll admit I was too lazy to click the link and it did sound alot like a peice of clothing. /me slaps self silly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBrains
It's in episode 2, shortly after the eye-catch, and based on the design of the hair, it kind of looks like Tomoko, which seems possible since Tomoko would have been in the hospital too, and of course she's the same age as Elis. Portents of something in a future episode, perhaps? I'm kind of hoping not, because I was hoping the characters wouldn't all be falling all over Hiroki, and that's why I liked Tomoko.
hmm, maybe it just shows why they're good friends, and why Elise just seems to tell Tomoko everything...

You know, I just have to say something, everyone likes Hiroki. But you know, there's a very fine, if not transparent line between "everyone loves Hiroki". Now with most other series, we'd see all the girls after the main male lead by this time into a 26 ep series. But this is different. This series is different, and I just don't see all the girls going after him one way or another. I just don't. And that kinda gives me the added assurance of knowing so, and I continue to enjoy Canvas 2. Of course, the joys of it all is if I am wrong, at least I enjoyed it

Now, another thing I wanted to say, is that you do know how much of a fan I am of these kind of series, particularly Canvas 2, and because of that I notice alot of things, in episode 15, during the staff meeting, I noticed, a majority of these people have a much better design (or at least, a much more unique design) than Shoouta. Now it does strike me as odd .....
Old 2006-01-23, 15:46   Link #191
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
After the last episode, I'm kinda afraid this might turn into an "everyone loves Hiroki" anime, and I'd be rather sad if it does. I liked how it was only Elis and Kiri and the other characters had enough focus without fawning all over him; the perfect example is Tomoko. It's true that they like him, but as a friend, and I want it to stay that way.

But well, I'd watch the following episodes before making any conclusions. "Everyone loves Hiroki" wouldn't necessarily make it bad or anything...I just thought that the way it was, it was fun, and I'd hope it continues to be like this.
Old 2006-01-23, 16:09   Link #192
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

argh.... that was one of my enjoyments as well .... I mean, Hagino toys with him and the other girls hold him dear for things he's done for them --- but yeah.... they're going to have write this really well if its going to turn into a free-for-all.
Old 2006-01-23, 16:18   Link #193
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
argh.... that was one of my enjoyments as well .... I mean, Hagino toys with him and the other girls hold him dear for things he's done for them --- but yeah.... they're going to have write this really well if its going to turn into a free-for-all.
I don't think it will turn into a free for all. The principle always had a thing for Hiroki since the first ep. But I haven't seen anything form the other girls to think they all suddenly fall in love with hiroki. Things could change since we still have 9-11 more eps to go. Hopefully the writers will be smarter then that.
Old 2006-01-23, 17:07   Link #194
Furudanuki

If Canvas 2 starts down the "everyone wants Hiroki" path, I am going to be a very unhappy individual. Primarily because I don't want it to go there; I like the show just the way it is. But also because I have been recommending this series to people I know who do not care for that type of anime. "Yes, there are a lot of cute girls," I told them, "but they are not all in love with the male lead. It's really about a love triangle, not a harem. Give it a try!" Sigh. I hate it when something like this makes me look like an idiot - I can usually do that just fine without any help at all.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 17:20   Link #195
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

Quote:
You know, I just have to say something, everyone likes Hiroki. But you know, there's a very fine, if not transparent line between "everyone loves Hiroki". Now with most other series, we'd see all the girls after the main male lead by this time into a 26 ep series. But this is different. This series is different, and I just don't see all the girls going after him one way or another. I just don't. And that kinda gives me the added assurance of knowing so, and I continue to enjoy Canvas 2. Of course, the joys of it all is if I am wrong, at least I enjoyed it

Now, another thing I wanted to say, is that you do know how much of a fan I am of these kind of series, particularly Canvas 2, and because of that I notice alot of things, in episode 15, during the staff meeting, I noticed, a majority of these people have a much better design (or at least, a much more unique design) than Shoouta. Now it does strike me as odd .....
Maybe Shouta's still young, and he has to grow into a better design.

But anyway, those are my thoughts exactly on this show. There's no question, everyone likes Hiroki, either as a friend, or a mentor. But what's nice about this show is not everyone's falling all over him "in love", like, say in Da Capo, or, especially Shuffle!. Don't get me wrong, I liked those shows in their own way, but Canvas 2 has been nice because it kind of avoided those stereotypes, without drifting too much from some of the standards to the formula (the Sumire episode sticks out as a perfect example, where it wasn't even Hiroki that solved her problem). Regardless of what happens, though, after enjoying the first half the series, I'll stick through no matter what.

Although the pessimist in me sees potential that there might be a shift to everyone falling in love with Hiroki, I still don't quite see it happening after how they handled the first half of the series, particularly having recently rewatched the first half on a plane trip.
Old 2006-01-24, 03:48   Link #196
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
....You know, Saya's VA, Yuka, reminds me of Kikuko Inoue, the VA for Yayoi from Happy Lesson. Well, I do enjoy the calm, relaxed voice of these women, and it's no wonder, Kikuko has quite a track record...
Inokuchi Yuka 猪口 有佳 played Chochomaru in Petopeto-san and plays Anju in Karin. Two really effective younger characters. But this character is trending toward the Inoue Kikuko, older-woman end of the scale. Inokuchi-san herself is 27. Maybe she is finding a niche -- or even two -- with her soft, hoarse voice. On her home page, you can hear voice samples by clicking on her picture.

I'm not worried about losing the soul of this series. I think Saya's role is to stimulate Kiri's jealousy the way Yanagi stimulated Hiroki's.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 07:16   Link #197
lgmcben

Hi.

This maybe a little off topic.

Now that the PS2 version of the game is out, it also has 2 extra characters who didn't present in PC version.

Could anyone give me a link to the walkthrough please? I've done some searching but found nothing. T_T

Thank you.
lgmcben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 00:55   Link #198
JokerD

Since I don't watch the raws I can only comment on the Lunar releases.

Hiroki going "One-sama" in the ep 14 preview really made me laugh. Looks like the next episode features the school president. I wonder if she intenionally brought in Yagami to push Hiroki back into the path of the artist Looks like she's suceeding though.

On another note(color) I wonder when the art club president is gonna get her own episode.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 02:31   Link #199
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

I kind of also think something similar with the superintendent/school president as well. That look out of the window at the end of episode 14 was suspect.

My guess is the club president (green haired girl) will be episode 17, from the pattern so far. For those that watch the raws, we'll find out in the next episode preview tomorrow...
Old 2006-01-29, 13:33   Link #200
Furudanuki

Well, I managed to resist temptation long enough to watch episode #14 unspoiled....
Spoiler for Episode 14 comments:
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, f&c, kadokawa, romance, school life, seinen, slice of life, zexcs