AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-18, 18:32   Link #41
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
And Akainu, is he logia or paramecia? Because right now, his powers seem more similar to Mr. 3's and Magellan (though, was he ever confirmed to be a paramecia?), that Kizaru and Aokiji.
Akainu is most likely a logia just for the sake of following the trend of the other two admirals. Magellan, on the other hand, would have to be a paramecia considering how Luffy was actually able to physically touch his body with a Jet Bazooka. The said attack also hurt Magellan a little, and we know that logia's are immune to all forms of attacks except those of their weakness and Haki. It's safe to assume Magellan is a paramecia.

Quote:
As for Oz Jr. (Oars III), while an interesting call back, I would only be interested in him if Moria accquired him, and then fought Luffy, only for Luffy to defeat the combination without the pseudo-haxx Nightmare ability (thus ending, once and for all, the Moria v. Luffy debates).
If that were to happen, I would finally concede that Luffy is stronger than Moria and that he's shichibukai level. Until then, I'm really not convinced .
Old 2009-08-18, 18:37   Link #42
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Akainu = magma= win!
Akainu vs WhiteBeard= bad equation

I don't think Akainu would be flashy like the other two, he seems more killer than joker. I wish Sengoku would get out there and do something. However he's gonna probably sit out and wait. Marco not bad at all. Oz jr helping the pirates... i wonder why?
Old 2009-08-18, 19:12   Link #43
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Phoenix is a great ability. And one of the strongest defenses to make it fight against Logia. But, as usual there should be a limit on how many times he can regenerate before he runs out of strength. So, his offensive strength may soon become important to slow down the process.

Now what other disaster is left? Hurricane? Also we have yet to see a perfect water-based ability too. It may not mix well with sea water because of its effects. But if it is one of the exceptional ones, maybe that won't be a problem too.

And I guess the appearance of Oz junior means Moria has something to take care of. Now, who is going to fight against Doflamingo?
Old 2009-08-18, 20:47   Link #44
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
DAMMM!!! PHOENIX!?!? I like that. Looks like all the admirals are Logias. Magma Logia?? Wtf?
Old 2009-08-18, 21:09   Link #45
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

wonder if Oz has any of Luffy's character traits?
Old 2009-08-18, 21:09   Link #46
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
wonder if Oz has any of Luffy's character traits?
This is Oz Jnr we're talking about; i.e. Oz's real life descendent (before he was zombified).

He has nothing to do with Luffy.
Old 2009-08-18, 21:31   Link #47
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Also, good spot marvel.

Like I said, this was pointed out at AP, so I can't take credit for that info. However, I think I pointed out the "III" on the flag before the AP guys did....

Anyway, I also gotta wonder what Moria will do about Oz's descendant? Apparently, he wants his corpse, but obviously a big powerful giant like him won't be killed so easily. So maybe he'll try to deceive Oars by saying that Oz was a dear old friend of his or something? Considering that it was implied that Oz wasn't very bright to begin with, the same is quite likely to hold true for his remaining bloodline, as well. It probably wouldn't be very difficult for the shadow man to bend the giant to his will after all.......
Old 2009-08-18, 22:40   Link #48
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

I'm not that disappointed with Akainu's power; I know we hoped it would be something unpredictable and unique, but it was kind of inevitable; after all, once we found Kizaru's power to be some yellow logia, it could only be that Akainu had some kind of red logia... and magma is befitting of what he seems like - powerful and destructive. The Admirals have to have semi-hax abilities, if they're to be as strong as they're made to be, and I think that this is perfectly befitting of the third. Anyway, while the Admirals are powerful, they don't figure that often in the story, so it's ok that he's not some super unique type, imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, about Oz Jr., I had a thought: What if Luffy ends up befriending him? I mean, Luffy's shadow was unwillingly used to manipulate his father/ancestor's corpse, so Luffy should be pretty familiar with the descendant. I'd imagine that Luffy would at first attack him out of a misunderstanding, but when he finds out that Jr. is there to save Ace, they'll probably decide to work together. And hey, the Straw-Hats (well, chiefly Usopp) have a tendency to befriend giants, anyhow......

Nice touch on young Oz. I think it'll be cool. I agree with you, Marvel, that he'll be friends with Luffy. In fact, the way you described it, with him accidentally attacking him thinking it's Oz is exactly as I could see it happen. My guess is he'll end up helping Luffy get through Sengoku, who's gotta be super hax, if he's superior to the three logia Admirals...

Quote:
As for Oz Jr. (Oars III), while an interesting call back, I would only be interested in him if Moria accquired him, and then fought Luffy, only for Luffy to defeat the combination without the pseudo-haxx Nightmare ability (thus ending, once and for all, the Moria v. Luffy debates).
That would be nice, but I doubt Oda would do it for fear of being repetitious. Though maybe he could have a different type of rematch with Moria, ie not using an Oz body. I could see that.
Old 2009-08-18, 23:56   Link #49
paradox13
zzz

New Spoiler pic:

Akainu in action

Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-19, 00:46   Link #50
marvelB

Well, some real pics came out. Here's a little sneak preview for your viewing pleasure:

Spoiler:

Heh, I was right. Marco does look kinda goofy in his phoenix form. Still no pics of Akainu yet, though......
Old 2009-08-19, 01:00   Link #51
james0246

^LOL, It looks a little like Osamu Tezuka's Phoenix .

Additionally, another pic shows Marco physically attacking/kicking Kizaru (he kicks Kizaru into the marine base, creating a large explosion), but how does Marco actually kick Kizaru?

Last edited by james0246; 2009-08-19 at 01:15.
Old 2009-08-19, 01:06   Link #52
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

One random thing I just remembered. In referring to Marco's DF, it was said that it was a rare type. Well, aren't all DF's one of a kind? How is one any more rare than any other?
Old 2009-08-19, 01:21   Link #53
paradox13
zzz

Spoiler:

From Aoihige's translation of the pics on MH.

Both Kizaru and Marco seem quite similar lol. Love their interaction.
Old 2009-08-19, 02:18   Link #54
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
^LOL, It looks a little like Osamu Tezuka's Phoenix .

Additionally, another pic shows Marco physically attacking/kicking Kizaru (he kicks Kizaru into the marine base, creating a large explosion), but how does Marco actually kick Kizaru?
He's part of Newgates crew, that's how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
One random thing I just remembered. In referring to Marco's DF, it was said that it was a rare type. Well, aren't all DF's one of a kind? How is one any more rare than any other?
lol Oda just got pwned.
Old 2009-08-19, 02:26   Link #55
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Quote:
Yes All the DF is one of a kind. one type may have many variation

like "inu inu DF" some variation like Jackal, Dachshund, wolf

but another type maybe just have a few variation...

for marco DF since its call a mythical type, I wonder If it's also classified as one of five known flight-empowering Devil Fruits. as far as we know we only see pell(confirmed) and may be lafitte.
Old 2009-08-19, 02:33   Link #56
james0246

Quote:
Well, it could be rare for a variety of reasons: 1) It is a fruit that allows the user to fly, and since there are only five known Devil Fruits that allow the user to fly, that means Marco's power is rare; 2) its germination cycle is extremely different from other fruits; or, 3) Just as Logia are rarer that (general) Zoan and Paramecia, maybe "mythical" Zoan are even rarer than Logia.

edit: nicepace partially beat me to the punch .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
He's part of Newgates crew, that's how.
LOL, I can actually accept this as an answer .
Old 2009-08-19, 02:39   Link #57
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
lol Oda just got pwned.
Oh shit! You are so RIGHT and Oda got so OWNED
Old 2009-08-19, 03:22   Link #58
james0246

Picture of Akainu has finally been released, and I swear he looks just like Charles Bronson (sans the mustache) .
Old 2009-08-19, 03:51   Link #59
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Oh shit! You are so RIGHT and Oda got so OWNED
Out of all the discussion going on along with the Whitebeard Pirates pwning in this current chapter yet again, you chose to quote that post/line. Not that its surprising, Yeah, Prestige, try harder next time, to hide that M&M hate.

But seriously there is one of each fruit only one meaning 1, there should be no talk about what is the rarest or how rare or its rarer then X, When there is only one of each in the bucket. No matter how bad it sucks or how good it is, there is only one of each. They are all equal in that department, since there is only one of each in existence....

Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-19, 03:53   Link #60
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Yes they are 1 of a kind. Parcamecia seem to be the most common fruits people have, along with Zoan. Logia's are the rarest of the 3 types because it has the fewest number. This Phoenix form would appear to be maybe a cross between a Zoan-Logia making it unique.

So Blackbeard has a very unique Logia ability, and Marco has an even more unique abilty with the Phoenix.

Phoenix Marco, Flame Fist Ace, Diamond Joz. No wonder WB's crew are so fearsome. Each one of those 3 are monsters in their own right.
Closed Thread