Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-08-09, 00:37   Link #1
Rasseru
I'm just like Shuuichi!

Post Galaxy Angel Game!

Galaxy Angel Games seems pretty neat!

But, I only base on the Images and Videos I seen.

http://www.broccoli.co.jp/ga/game/choice/index.html

I seen one of the preview videos of the game on the Galaxy Angel DVD 1 that is out. And made me wonder if they are thinking to selling Galaxy Angel Games in the U.S.?

I hardly seen Anime Game previews in a DVD before. This may end up being one those Games they saying that its going to the U.S. But never does or people forget about it...

If Any one knows any new info about this? Please do help out to see what going on. (You may able have to know some japanese writing to find on whats up so far.)

Galaxy Angel English Website
Galaxy Angel Japanese Website

There are about 3 to 4 different games of Galaxy Angel seems to be.
I will just be happy if one comes out!

Last edited by Rasseru; 2004-08-09 at 08:27.
Rasseru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 00:43   Link #2
Rias

Right now there's 3 games that's based off the Manga (not the show). Galaxy Angel, Galaxy Angel: Moonlit Lovers, and Galaxy Angel: Eternal Lovers (coming out soon)

basically the game has 2 modes, one is like the pic on the right, you direct the Angel Frames, and blast the enemies (SLG). The graphics are similar to graphics from Homeworld 2 (maybe they used the same engine or something). Second mode is like those love simulation games (ADV), you walk around, talk to different people and such, and you swtich back and forth the 2 modes.

Since the story in the game is based on the Manga, you are not going to see Normad or Volcott. However you do see Chitose. (she was a new character added in the 2nd game, and later on added in season 4)
Rias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 00:54   Link #3
Rasseru
I'm just like Shuuichi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias
Right now there's 3 games that's based off the Manga (not the show). The one above, Galaxy Angel: Moonlit Lovers, and Galaxy Angel: Eternal Lovers (coming out soon)

basically the game has 2 modes, one is like the pic on the right, you direct the Angel Frames, and blast the enemies. The graphics are similar to graphics from Homeworld 2 (maybe they used the same engine or something). Second mode is like those love simulation games, you walk around, talk to different people and such, and you swtich back and forth the 2 modes.

Since the story in the game is based on the Manga, you are not going to see Normad or Volcott. However you do see Chitose. (she was a new character added in the 2nd game, and later on added in season 4)
I was thinking about that it look like Homeworld 2 graphics. Also in Galaxy Angel: Eternal Lovers? Are you playing like the Captain in the game? I seen a picture of this young guy here!
Old 2004-08-09, 00:57   Link #4
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasseru
I was thinking about that it look like Homeworld 2 graphics. Also in Galaxy Angel: Eternal Lovers? Are you playing like the Captain in the game? I seen a picture of this young guy here!
That's the main character in the Manga/Games, Tact/Takuto Meyers (english offical site list his name as takuto which is kinda weird). You play as him in all 3 games. (well i'm not 100% sure for GA:EL, since it's not out yet, but there's really no reason for him not to be the main character, since GA:EL is a follow-up on GA:ML)
Old 2004-08-09, 01:06   Link #5
Rasseru
I'm just like Shuuichi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias
That's the main character in the Manga/Games, Tact/Takuto Meyers (english offical site list his name as takuto which is kinda weird). You play as him in all 3 games. (well i'm not 100% sure for GA:EL, since it's not out yet, but there's really no reason for him not to be the main character, since GA:EL is a follow-up on GA:ML)
You think the Broccoli going to pull off selling Galaxy Angels Games? They say they are... But I think Its going to be like the Sakura Wars Games. All talk and no games...
Old 2004-08-09, 01:18   Link #6
Rias

In Japan, they already sold the first 2 quite well, and third one coming out.

North America, I am not sure. After all these kinds of games only appeal to the fans of the series. Depends on if whoever is going to port over the game decides if they are happy with just pleasing the fans, or they rather see numbers in sales.
Old 2004-08-09, 02:36   Link #7
TrueKnight

Well these kind of games wont be selling good in the US, dunno why, but US gamers doesnt seem to be....appealed by these kinda games, in other words Love Simulation with text adventure, like Tokimeki Memorial, Kanon, AIR etc etc. The only thing that US gamers liked about text adv Love Sim is...sadly, mostly hentai, hardcore ones and raping lol.

Well this game is neat though, I've already saw the PC Version, dunno the 1st or the 2nd, where we can set up our own planes. And the hero is Tact Meyers along his sidekick. Dunno what his name. Eventhough I only understand less japanese. Thinking of buying the 3rd, if my wallet is fat enough.

And there's a Galaxy Angel Manga?
Is it craptabolous as the 3rd season?
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 02:54   Link #8
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight
Well these kind of games wont be selling good in the US, dunno why, but US gamers doesnt seem to be....appealed by these kinda games, in other words Love Simulation with text adventure, like Tokimeki Memorial, Kanon, AIR etc etc. The only thing that US gamers liked about text adv Love Sim is...sadly, mostly hentai, hardcore ones and raping lol.

Well this game is neat though, I've already saw the PC Version, dunno the 1st or the 2nd, where we can set up our own planes. And the hero is Tact Meyers along his sidekick. Dunno what his name. Eventhough I only understand less japanese. Thinking of buying the 3rd, if my wallet is fat enough.

And there's a Galaxy Angel Manga?
Is it craptabolous as the 3rd season?
It could be because no one will take the chance to bring any non-ero, or even ero with plot games like this to the US. If someone took a chance they would probably sell decently. Also the GA manga isn't bad. I've read some and I like it. I've also been thinking of buying the anime, but I don't know if it's any good, and I don't just want to buy based on the manga. I've already wasted money of love hina anime doing that, only to find that it completely and totally sucked compared to the manga...
Anyway these games seem pretty good, and must be to have 3 sequals, 3 seasons of anime, and a manga. I'd definetly play them if they were released in english, or if my ps2 could play import games.
Old 2004-08-09, 03:45   Link #9
Rias

If you never watched the anime, then there's one thing to note. Anime is not related what so ever to the story of the manga/game. I've often read other people posts that they don't like the anime becuase the anime never has a story that links the epsiodes. Each epsiode has its own story. The anime itself is pretty good (I've watched/watching all 4 seasons).

I personally don't have a problem with "no coherent story series" as long as they are done well, but if you don't like that, then this series is probably would not appeal to you too much.
Old 2004-08-09, 03:50   Link #10
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

games like Galaxy Angel (i.e. "dual mode" games where there's text based romance in addition to action) have been brough over to the US in the past: Azure Dreams, an ero-game/randomly generated dungeon/monster breeding game (that is actually fun, albeit incredibly time consuming, even playing with a gameshark made it so i had to make at least 200 trips up the tower) and Thousand Arms, an RPG/dating sim
unfortunately both these games fall under the "rare" category, both are lost treasure of the PS1, not many copies were produced
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 07:21   Link #11
Rasseru
I'm just like Shuuichi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
games like Galaxy Angel (i.e. "dual mode" games where there's text based romance in addition to action) have been brough over to the US in the past: Azure Dreams, an ero-game/randomly generated dungeon/monster breeding game (that is actually fun, albeit incredibly time consuming, even playing with a gameshark made it so i had to make at least 200 trips up the tower) and Thousand Arms, an RPG/dating sim
unfortunately both these games fall under the "rare" category, both are lost treasure of the PS1, not many copies were produced
But Thousand Arms is not based off an Anime right? And some how it came over here easier than a Anime based story game. It seems that non-based Anime Games have more chances to come to the U.S. some how. And thats odd. We really need to see what U.S. Game company is doing Galaxy Angel for the U.S. to be sure if its coming....
Old 2004-08-09, 10:42   Link #12
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
You think the Broccoli going to pull off selling Galaxy Angels Games? They say they are... But I think Its going to be like the Sakura Wars Games. All talk and no games...
When did they say that? I've asked Bandai and Broccoli at a con or two and they can't seem to give a definitive answer.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 12:14   Link #13
Zephronite
gorogorogorogoro

Ah, GA games. Played Moonlit Lovers on PC. Nice to keep you occupied for a week or so. Nice graphics, relatively simplistic gameplay. The real drawing point of the game is playing as the GA and wooing them, of course. I hope they ramp up the difficulty In Eternal Lovers. Coming 20th of August, wahoo.
First target: Chitose!
Zephronite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 19:57   Link #14
Entropy
Flame warrior

Am I the only one who thinks it looks nothing like HW2?

Besides the Backgrounds,it seems to look more like a vastly updated version of freespace 2 than anything close to HW2,and believe me I Know Homeworld 2,I was a huge fanboy back in the day.

Besides,why would you use a real time strategy game engine for something that looks more like flight sim in the first place?Yes I know that an FPS engine can be used for RPG(Lineage II),but strategy games tend to have inferior graphics compared to other games because of the fact that they usually require that a lot of stuff(ships) be on the screen.

I would also like to know how they could get the HW2 engine to be used in a PS2.
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 21:27   Link #15
Rasseru
I'm just like Shuuichi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
When did they say that? I've asked Bandai and Broccoli at a con or two and they can't seem to give a definitive answer.
Well they are sure are putting up ads that sounds like they are going to make it... Even on the website I think they have some things about the games and their Info about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy
Am I the only one who thinks it looks nothing like HW2?

Besides the Backgrounds,it seems to look more like a vastly updated version of freespace 2 than anything close to HW2,and believe me I Know Homeworld 2,I was a huge fanboy back in the day.

Besides,why would you use a real time strategy game engine for something that looks more like flight sim in the first place?Yes I know that an FPS engine can be used for RPG(Lineage II),but strategy games tend to have inferior graphics compared to other games because of the fact that they usually require that a lot of stuff(ships) be on the screen.

I would also like to know how they could get the HW2 engine to be used in a PS2.
A other guy and me already think it had Homeworld Graphics in it.... To me the older Galaxy Angel maybe have graphic that are like the Homeworld one's graphics. Also maybe the graphics of the games came from the same companies. Some Graphic Card Companies work with some game companies. So they can be sure their Graphic Card will work with to game or Just gives them rights to say their graphic card works the best for that game.
Old 2004-08-10, 00:08   Link #16
Entropy
Flame warrior

I suppose it could be just me than,but I still don't think they look HW2-ish.
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 12:07   Link #17
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Well they are sure are putting up ads that sounds like they are going to make it... Even on the website I think they have some things about the games and their Info about it.
I think the only time I ever saw the game in an American product is in the insert for vol 1, which had a picture of the Japanese version. I had hoped it meant that they would be bringing it over, however, Bandai can neither confirm nor deny this. I believe the only reason they mention the games on the website is for completeness sake, but I really wish it were true that they are bringing it over
Old 2004-08-10, 14:37   Link #18
Rasseru
I'm just like Shuuichi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
I think the only time I ever saw the game in an American product is in the insert for vol 1, which had a picture of the Japanese version. I had hoped it meant that they would be bringing it over, however, Bandai can neither confirm nor deny this. I believe the only reason they mention the games on the website is for completeness sake, but I really wish it were true that they are bringing it over
Bandai like to keep their secrets than most companies... They maybe say that they can neither confirm nor deny this. Because they are seeing the market's output about the game. Most likely they can't neither confirm nor deny this. Because they don't want to upset their buyers.

If a Game company say they are making a game then it has been cancel. People get mad at the company that may cause the company's sells to go down. Because of buyers are mad at them.
Old 2004-08-10, 15:12   Link #19
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Bandai like to keep their secrets than most companies... They maybe say that they can neither confirm nor deny this. Because they are seeing the market's output about the game. Most likely they can't neither confirm nor deny this. Because they don't want to upset their buyers.

If a Game company say they are making a game then it has been cancel. People get mad at the company that may cause the company's sells to go down. Because of buyers are mad at them.
That's probably true. Oh, and the promo you watched was Bandai's promo for the entire GA Project (games,anime,comics). Let's hope they can bring the remaining parts of GA Project over then
Old 2004-08-10, 15:30   Link #20
Rasseru
I'm just like Shuuichi!

If I had it my way. I would form a company that would be like a Partner Company or a Risk Company that will get rights to Animes and Games. That other companies don't have the guts to make for the U.S. and other places. But a company like that would maybe have really bad paid for its staff. Because of what Anime or Game they make could a effect their profit.

Unless the staff are Hardcore Anime Lovers and they don't care about being paid very little.