AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-05-20, 02:07   Link #441
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I know this is probably off topic but I want to share this for all us AW fans.

Kuroyukihime's seiyuu Sachika Misawa does a cosplay of the character she voices.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...d-kuroyukihime
Old 2012-05-20, 02:54   Link #442
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

That's pretty cute....

Now if Hidaka Rina would do Niko-chan....

Also, i don't know if it's been mentioned before or not but seeing these high and mighty Kings impeded by money issues is lolz
Old 2012-05-20, 03:48   Link #443
Kaos!

I'm more surprised that considering the number of children with different emotional problems in accel world, none of kings know someone who is filthy rich with neglecting parents to sponsor an infiltration mission IRL.
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 09:03   Link #444
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
I'm more surprised that considering the number of children with different emotional problems in accel world, none of kings know someone who is filthy rich with neglecting parents to sponsor an infiltration mission IRL.
maybe because neglecting parents do not want to waste money on some stupid tower trip....

Vol 11 happened because Burst Linkers are all broke....
Old 2012-05-20, 20:16   Link #445
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Vol 11 happened because Burst Linkers are all broke....
Please explain in more detail
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 22:14   Link #446
Kaos!

Basically, the easiest way to enter the supposed base of BB Society which is guarded by Megatron in unlimited world is to go into the building of the base IRL and unlimited burst from there.

However, the biggest problem is that the place is for rich people and to enter, you need to either know the people inside, or rent a room for a exorbitant fee. However, none of the kings has either the contacts or money(considering they are all at the maximum 16 yrs old), so this idea is basically useless, and they settled for the next better plan which is to get SC to learn Theoretic Mirror and defeat Megatron.

Personally, I think it is more of the matter that the Kings don't trust each other enough to pool resources and coorperate, yet they themself can't solo infiltrate IRL without help from other legions. Each King if we consider the case of KYH's hacking skill and Nico's social hacking skill, they should have each a skill that they developed that is useful IRL that can help in infiltration. If all the Kings can trust each other and coorperate, RL infiltration into the base is possible.
Old 2012-05-20, 22:54   Link #447
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

How can they get him to learn
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 22:56   Link #448
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
So technically their paranoia and distrust towards one another is setting them back from going into the heart of the matter or getting things started right?
Old 2012-05-21, 01:00   Link #449
Kaos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
How can they get him to learn
Which is half the purpose of V11: Figuring out how to learn theoretic mirror when you're not a mirror and merely a mirror look-a-like. (Last known user of the skill is Mirror Masker)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
So technically their paranoia and distrust towards one another is setting them back from going into the heart of the matter or getting things started right?
That's from how I see things... Can't really blame the kings when cooperating in AW is much easier than cooperating in RL(Much higher chance of exposing your identity).
Old 2012-05-21, 03:26   Link #450
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Which makes no sense...considering I won't be surprised if BB turns out to be a secret government cyber-warfare program...they could hack bank accounts or whatever shit even within their own Legions alone to do so...

But well, can't have the protags go the easy route now can we
Old 2012-05-21, 03:53   Link #451
Flere821
Lurker

Adding to the Vol11 stuff, the cheapest option was 30,000 yen a night. None of the Legions' Kings had the money, but KYH said they're Burst Linkers and should solve problems without dragging RL into this. They should just stick to beating down Metatron ingame.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 05:12   Link #452
Kaos!

Unless the chinese translation is wrong, KYH's comment is as follows "Trying to barely solve an AW probelm using real life money is an unorthordox method. Those people from BB society definitely did not use money to lure Megatron from <<Country Cathedral>>. We should face this problem as a BBer completely".

She's only rejecting the idea of using money to settle the problem for some reason. If she really wanted to, she could pull out other ways to infiltrate. Don't forget this is someone who has attempted a RL PK on one other king before despite whatever reasons she had(self defense or whatever), so it would be hypocritical of her if she really meant it.

Though I just realised even if some legion manage to infiltrate their way in IRL, they do not have an escape route in the event it fails. They don't have information on how many people does BB society has, and I don't think there's a exit portal in Midtown Tower, furthermore there's Megatron blocking outside. So if they get in trouble, the best(yes, not worst) possible outcome would be all of them ending up in EK status. So removing Megatron would be the safest way as of now.
Old 2012-05-21, 05:32   Link #453
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

She said it was a "perversion 「邪道」"

Subsequently she tells Yellow Radio to shut up and not try any more tricks so in all seriousness I think she was worried of something by him...
Old 2012-05-21, 06:11   Link #454
Kaos!

Thought that was because Cosmic made a snide remark saying that sneak attacking Megatron(in reference to her sneak attacking Red Rider) is useless, which prompted her to try and shift the topic back to Megatron.
Old 2012-05-21, 07:14   Link #455
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Thought that was because Cosmic made a snide remark saying that sneak attacking Megatron(in reference to her sneak attacking Red Rider) is useless, which prompted her to try and shift the topic back to Megatron.
Yes it was.....

But it still does show that at the very least, it was a legitimate concern.

Also...I wish I were plugged into a mother of all network games 24/7 with my own Legion...
Old 2012-05-21, 08:55   Link #456
Kaos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Yes it was.....

But it still does show that at the very least, it was a legitimate concern.

Also...I wish I were plugged into a mother of all network games 24/7 with my own Legion...
You can start with handphone MMORPGs in the meantime, while waiting for technology to advance.
Old 2012-05-21, 08:58   Link #457
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
You can start with handphone MMORPGs in the meantime, while waiting for technology to advance.
I can't imagine my 55 year old self playing games like that.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 21:42   Link #458
haseo0408

I was watching the Accel World anime the other day and I saw the Blue King up close for the first time, that seems so overpowered!. How strong is he really is? If Haruyuki tries to against that guy heŽll get squeezed as a silver bug.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 22:19   Link #459
Flere821
Lurker

Well duh, the seven Kings are supposed to be over-powered compared to other players

In theory he can solo a Dragon-equivalent NPC in Accel World. And he has one of the 7 most powerful items in AW.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 22:41   Link #460
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Npc? U mean the mobs? Whats their strength ranking
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, romance, seinen, shounen, virtual reality