AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-09, 13:24   Link #1141
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
How did he do that for juubei by vol5?

Unless u read the spoilers which werent complete.
Juubei goes missing for half a vol., because she falls off a cliff.

I dont think the MC is twisting history.
HE already states that history is changing, and its not going in the linear path.
And thats kinda obvious, because he is a super catalyst which is speeding events up.

Well if u really want to get technical, then he is basically controling events and planning the outcome to his advantages so the LEAST amount of causalities are drawn out.
Sagara gotten close to a lot of people in this alternate Sengoku era. Although this is not the Sengoku era that his world went through, similar events do come true. If you count to the number of people he gotten close with, most of them are important figures.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 14:11   Link #1142
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Sagara gotten close to a lot of people in this alternate Sengoku era. Although this is not the Sengoku era that his world went through, similar events do come true. If you count to the number of people he gotten close with, most of them are important figures.
yup i totally agree with you.

I think of it this way, he is playing a game like shogun, only he is playing for multi roles.
He's playing the hideyoshi route, becuase he is hideyoshi.
And he is also playing the Oda route, because the persons dream which he wants true is Oda.

So i guess u can call him a cheater, because he's trying to play multi routes at the same time and getting them all.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 14:17   Link #1143
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
yup i totally agree with you.

I think of it this way, he is playing a game like shogun, only he is playing for multi roles.
He's playing the hideyoshi route, becuase he is hideyoshi.
And he is also playing the Oda route, because the persons dream which he wants true is Oda.

So i guess u can call him a cheater, because he's trying to play multi routes at the same time and getting them all.
I wouldn't call him a cheater, its just he gotten so close to all the major figures in the Sengoku Era that he doesn't want anyone of the to die. Its naive, but honorable. Its what Hanbei said to Sagara in the anime, "You can't have everything", Sagara's response, "I can". Hanbei response "That is just like being a kid", Sagara "I am fine with being a kid", then you get dere dere moment.
Old 2012-08-09, 14:19   Link #1144
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
I wouldn't call him a cheater, its just he gotten so close to all the major figures in the Sengoku Era that he doesn't want anyone of the to die. Its naive, but honorable. Its what Hanbei said to Sagara in the anime, "You can't have everything", Sagara's response, "I can". Hanbei response "That is just like being a kid", Sagara "I am fine with being a kid", then you get dere dere moment.
Solutions to all problems? Be a kid. Deny the values of adults.
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 14:21   Link #1145
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Usually adults don't know the outcome of future things and let alone change them, since Sagara can we can give him some slack for doing so.
Old 2012-08-09, 14:26   Link #1146
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

I was never looking down on him for doing so. If anything, I respect him for having childish ideals, and being able to accomplish them. Maybe that's why kids and high school students are almost always the MCs, they have the childish idealism necessary to actually envision an end where everyone is happy.
When was the last time you watched an anime starring an adult, which ends with everyone happy, and with no major character death or crazy-dark-traumatic events? I can't can't remember, honestly...
Old 2012-08-09, 14:26   Link #1147
Sumeragi
Banned

Usagi Drop.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 14:28   Link #1148
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Usagi Drop.
So 2011, and josei. Anything Shounen or Seinen?
Old 2012-08-09, 14:42   Link #1149
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I cannot think of anything, but its not like Sagara had a smooth ride trying to keep everyone alive.
Old 2012-08-09, 16:35   Link #1150
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad001 View Post
When was the last time you watched an anime starring an adult, which ends with everyone happy, and with no major character death or crazy-dark-traumatic events? I can't can't remember, honestly...
ORANGE YANE NO CHIISANA <---- easiest said, its japanese brady bunch.

By far the best manga to read when u want that warm fuzzy feeling inside that makes u feel good.. :P

Quote:
Usagi Drop.

i still think though it would of been more perfect if rin got with kyoki and kyoki's mom got with daisuki.

Quote:
I cannot think of anything, but its not like Sagara had a smooth ride trying to keep everyone alive.
Well, Sagara's mission isnt whistles and bells, but he does have some history on his side, while keeping his powers cap'd and stagnet.
(very difficult if u ask me, but on a different level)

The other MC's needed a POWER UP of some sort.

Last edited by aigomorla; 2012-08-09 at 16:57.
Old 2012-08-09, 18:29   Link #1151
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Not sure what power ups they would have, pretty much Oda Nobuna no Yabou is all about battle tactics, techniques, and strategy.
Old 2012-08-09, 19:09   Link #1152
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
So 2011, and josei. Anything Shounen or Seinen?
So far everyone in Jorumgand still lives.

I don't really watch those kinda of show, I think that's more to do with me just not interested in most adult protagonists stories... I've got western tv shows for that.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, I can think of a lot of highschool and middle school protagonists that don't get perfectly happy endings.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 19:35   Link #1153
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Not sure what power ups they would have, pretty much Oda Nobuna no Yabou is all about battle tactics, techniques, and strategy.
I wouldn't say that. So far, it's more about predicting events and many things are from RTK or the Sengoku historic events.

It's more fantasy/historic/maybe-action to me. Romance tag and else also are present, but definitively fantasy.
Old 2012-08-09, 20:01   Link #1154
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So far everyone in Jorumgand still lives.

I don't really watch those kinda of show, I think that's more to do with me just not interested in most adult protagonists stories... I've got western tv shows for that.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, I can think of a lot of highschool and middle school protagonists that don't get perfectly happy endings.
Jormungand, on one hand, is the kind of show that pretty much screams to me "wear sunglasses and look cool" to enjoy, besides its premise being about an almost apathetic lead of a group of mercenaries, who pretty much defines "service with a smile" to the T... and having some characters likening her to a "dragon", everyone in the story is pretty happy to me. Well, the protagonists' side, at least.

*cough*acertainmagicalgirlshow*cough*

I think that as adults, we tend to get skeptical and/or critical over ideals, especially ones which Sagara has himself said he wanted to achieve and that he believes he can do it. Maybe we call it "growing out of it", but to me honestly there's nothing wrong in him wanting to realize his wish.

In a general POV, we tend to think too much on whether he can and will have the capacity to achieve it (as we do on some other protagonists who have a very high standard of ideals), because that was our main concern for these protagonists.

Just my two cents.

Quote:
Solutions to all problems? Be a kid. Deny the values of adults.
Being a kid does have its perks, you know, sometimes greater than what the adults could hope for. Which is why there are people who feel like they want to go back being a child.

And then there's Nobusumi...

Quote:
Mental capacity level ups? Nah, just kidding. Besides, Sagara ending up in the Sengoku Era, although different than that from his own, his knowledge on it pretty much has been backing him a lot, though I wonder how much longer he can keep depending on it for his own good myself.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 21:01   Link #1155
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
I wouldn't say that. So far, it's more about predicting events and many things are from RTK or the Sengoku historic events.

It's more fantasy/historic/maybe-action to me. Romance tag and else also are present, but definitively fantasy.
True, they got Ninja that actually do what you expect a Ninja to do. Also, there Onmyouji. So I think they are bound to be more things than normal in the future.
Old 2012-08-09, 21:10   Link #1156
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

After looking though the illustrations, does that loli alchimist end up joinning his loli squad harem?

Can someone tell me his current list of retainers?
Old 2012-08-09, 21:44   Link #1157
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
After looking though the illustrations, does that loli alchimist end up joinning his loli squad harem?

Can someone tell me his current list of retainers?
You mean the goth looking one?
Old 2012-08-09, 22:41   Link #1158
justpassingby

Quote:
Volume 4 Illustrations

Spoiler for Fall of the General:
Proof that Nobuna is the prettiest girl in Japan. The assassin that sniped her, Zenjuubou, said that he could not shoot her face for instant kill because her smile was too dazzling. . He also thinks that Nobuna was protected by the Heaven.

Asakura Yoshikage thinks that Nobuna is Wakamurasaki from Tale of Genji. When the brat Tsuchimikado reported that he also killed Akechi who once under the Asakura family, Yoshikage said that if not for Akechi's large forehead, she would've been the Wakamurasaki. Yoshikage then liken her to Oborozukiyo (Genji's brother's wife).

I think I'm going to regret buying these books

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-08-10 at 03:36.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 23:01   Link #1159
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I knew somewhere along the lines Genji was going to come up. Well at least it was for entertaining reasons. I never knew Matchlock rifles were that strong, it was enough to make Nobuna fall of her horse.
Old 2012-08-09, 23:09   Link #1160
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post

Being a kid does have its perks, you know, sometimes greater than what the adults could hope for. Which is why there are people who feel like they want to go back being a child.

And then there's Nobusumi...
I wasn't being sarcastic... I actually meant it...

Tags
action, alternate universe, ecchi, fake harem, fantasia bunko, ga bunko, harem, historical, romance, sengoku jidai, shounen, true harem