AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-06, 12:30   Link #181
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

ok just watched it in english and it wasnt bad i'd say a 7.5 outta 10 but i'll wait till the next eps to see what happens
btw was that love declaration to mifuyu fake or what? i got confused there
Old 2012-07-06, 12:33   Link #182
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I thought it was pretty good, but mostly introductory and low key - except for the opening moments. That was unexpectedly serious....

Will keep giving it a watch for now.
Old 2012-07-06, 12:37   Link #183
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I liked the manga intro better. No contact with the student council girl in the first episode and lack of sighting in the OP suggest that she won't be end girl.
Old 2012-07-06, 12:49   Link #184
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Geez, she's the one who straddles him and yanks the blankets off after barging into his room to wake up him, but HE'S the one who gets slapped? lame XP lol

Not sure what to make of it so far...looked so dark and serious at the beginning, but then...yeah... lol
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 12:58   Link #185
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Geez, she's the one who straddles him and yanks the blankets off after barging into his room to wake up him, but HE'S the one who gets slapped? lame XP lol

Not sure what to make of it so far...looked so dark and serious at the beginning, but then...yeah... lol
I was so sure that he was the one who slapped her, and not vice versa. But noooooooooo..

The first episode was good enough. It's a shame the transition of the V/Ns art style into anime form didn't work out all that well. I suppose a much higher budget would be needed for that. Oh well.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 16:18   Link #186
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Double standards striked again.... aside from that it is ok. Typical harem intro probably with a student council election battle setup... and I would give it a 9/10, but because of double standard overdosis and a clingy homosexual (?) guy mixed up into the harem (nothing against homosexuals, but please not in harem animes...) it gets lowered to 6,5/10. But I expect it to get better... or at least i hope that.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 17:21   Link #187
Dop
Mmmm....

When I saw the hit and run at the start, I did think "Hang on, I thought this was going to be some wacky harem comedy?"
Still, if the show does have a bit of a dark side, that may make it seem less generic.

Although I think the highlights were when the teacher turned up and poured herself a beer for breakfast, and when Yuuki snapped the end off Yume's 'Yaoi Stick'...

Still subject to the 'four episode test', but so far I enjoyed it.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 20:03   Link #188
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I think the reason why Yuuki got slapped is because of Yuuki's morning wood or a similar case that was caused by Chisato grinding her hips on Yuuki.

Anyway, the first few minutes of the episode definitely remind me of Kamisama no Memochou for some reason. Hopefully they will cover that part of the story in the upcoming episodes. It's too early to judge, isn't it?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 20:18   Link #189
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I think the reason why Yuuki got slapped is because of Yuuki's morning wood or a similar case that was caused by Chisato grinding her hips on Yuuki.

Judging by how familiar Chisato is with the terrain, I can't imagine this being her first...lol, rodeo.

So I'm guessing what she saw was Yuuki-Junior uncovered; that would brighten anybody's day first thing in the morning.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 20:25   Link #190
ZODDGUTS

It's a tired out old anime trope. Not really funny either. But hey the Otaku's still like it so whatever.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 21:17   Link #191
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Doesn't really matter if it is a trope, though. [/topicoff]
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2012-07-06, 22:20   Link #192
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I think the reason why it's a popular trope is because it's a quick way of communicating a lot about the relationship between the two characters in a very short period of time: the "childhood friend" closeness, their growing awareness of their sexuality, her temperament, and so on. I'm sure there are other ways of presenting the same thing... but I guess this is almost like "shorthand".

(And yeah, well, I don't know of many guys who would be so opposed to waking up with a cute girl straddling them like that, so yeah... )
Old 2012-07-06, 22:29   Link #193
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
(And yeah, well, I don't know of many guys who would be so opposed to waking up with a cute girl straddling them like that, so yeah... )
Darn, you got me! D:

Ah screw this, I'm turning into Mangatron. D:

Old 2012-07-06, 22:32   Link #194
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
I liked the manga intro better.
Same with me, but this episode wasn't bad. It threw too many characters without much introduction in the viewer's face though, and the pace was a bit too fast. Not sure how the VN handled everything. The character designs are fine, they don't match the VN, but their no means bad, fairly well detailed and proportioned.

Quote:
No contact with the student council girl in the first episode and lack of sighting in the OP suggest that she won't be end girl.
That is worrying, I want Satsuki to look like she at least has a chance, like in the manga.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 22:49   Link #195
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Anyway, I admit there are a few details that needed to be explained, especially with Kana, the car "accident" in the first few minutes of the episode. Was the guy who got the info working with Satsuki? And who is the guy with the ponytail and what is his relation with Kana?

I hope that the series also touches up on the serious side of a student council, since it would be a nice contrast to Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon's own way of settling political stuff within the school and between other schools. Not that I don't like the happier moments of the series; I want to see if the series is able to manage those along with the romance factor.

Old 2012-07-07, 03:15   Link #196
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

It was a cute first episode. That's enough for now for me. As far as opening episodes for harem anime go, it was definitely decent-to-good in my opinion.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 03:48   Link #197
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Unfortunately, the character designs were rushed in the anime, but are still pretty good, especially the childhood friend (Chisato, I think) is very expressive.

The other problem I see is that this isn't broadcasted at all by AT-X, so censoring might become an issue later.

First episode also tried to use every harem troupe in the book, but I guess as the plot develops these will become less prevalent.

Finally, @osana-najimi-shipper: First it's not a win when there is no competition to begin with (e.g. AnoHana, PenguinDrum). Second, implying a win is subjective at best. Third, about Horizon, I missed that, but don't blame me, since there were so many badly executed info-dumps that make Index a storytelling masterpiece. The few examples of conclusive anime that come to my mind are:

Spoiler for childhood friends wins/loses:
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 04:50   Link #198
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
The character design reminds me of Amagami. Quite interesting female characters...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 06:24   Link #199
Ashaman

So, to protect their club from the finance advisor becoming presidant and cutting all worthless clubs, they decide to make one of their own president?

Why don't they just make their club worthwhile/useful.

Start selling some of those sweets that they make or something.
Old 2012-07-07, 06:27   Link #200
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
So, to protect their club from the finance advisor becoming presidant and cutting all worthless clubs, they decide to make one of their own president?

Why don't they just make their club worthwhile/useful.

Start selling some of those sweets that they make or something.
Other than diamonds, sweets are girls bestfriends.... besides, its hard to share when your chocoholic...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, politics, romance, school life, seinen