AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-06, 02:46   Link #281
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

But it was awesome though.

I thoroughly enjoyed ep 5, even though it wasn't ROFL funny. But, as far as surreal dream sequences were concerned, that was awesome. Hat's off to Shinbo, almost his presence alone in this anime has made it a winner. The gestures of good will from the gang towards Yuno as well in the second half of the ep was very cute and charming. Overall, loved that ep.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 07:05   Link #282
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
I thoroughly enjoyed ep 5, even though it wasn't ROFL funny.
But I ROFL LOL @ the Sensei scene as well as the impersonation scene.
Overall a very heart warming episode. :3
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 11:55   Link #283
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I have to agree with the subber... at times I thought I was watching a flashback to animated acid trip ala Grateful Dead....
That, plus the fact that this episode originally aired the same week as the infamous "Suka" episode of Negima!? (which I felt was a waste of a TV episode and would have worked better as a stand-alone OAV story), makes me wonder if there needs to be a limit to the amount of drugs the people working at SHAFT are allowed to take in order to "enhance" their anime.
Old 2007-04-10, 14:38   Link #284
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

For those who like Yuna's seiyuu as much as I do, she (Asumi Kana) shows up again in the new show Bokurano...as "Kana." Based on one episode, Bokurano is of excellent quality -- look, music, and drama -- but it's a very different animal from this.

I've let Hidamari slide as subs build up. My Japanese wasn't doing it justice. Personally, I loved episode 5, both for the acid trips and for the subtle human warmth.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 18:42   Link #285
Jiji
*Scanlator

Well, the fever-dreams of ep 5 were great fun, but my favourite aspect of it was watching the kind of feelings Yunocchi inspired in her friends. We all knew she was cute, but to see that "moe imouto" power's effect on Hiro, Sae and even Miya was just adorable.

As for Asumi-san being in Bokurano...wow. That is *quite* a departure. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to watch
Spoiler:
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 21:10   Link #286
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
For those who like Yuna's seiyuu as much as I do, she (Asumi Kana) shows up again in the new show Bokurano...as "Kana." Based on one episode, Bokurano is of excellent quality -- look, music, and drama -- but it's a very different animal from this.
I'll definitely be watching Bokurano when it gets subbed, but not for the seiyuu. More for the original creator, and his other work(s).
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 00:50   Link #287
Kilgamayan
Ow! My nutbladder!
*Fansubber

Episode 6 is out.

I would like to apologize in advance to anyone who doesn't like it. You'll see why when you get there. >_>
Kilgamayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 09:15   Link #288
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Now THATs a teaser if ever I saw one a

edit: (after watching) heh... hehheh .... ah well, *I* thought it was amusing and didn't interfere with anything.

Very mildly amusing ep..... pleasant but the eyecatches (which happen about every three seconds) seemed a bit much.
Quite a nice tan she got though

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-04-11 at 17:23.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 06:24   Link #289
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

Seen up to ep 3 I LOVE IT!! I found this much more enjoyable & better than Ichigo Mashimaro. I definitely LOVE that genki, genki Miyako She the best of the bunch IMO. Damn! I didn't recognize Shintani Ryoko's voice until later on. Usually I manage to recognize her voice straight away.
rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 11:37   Link #290
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

<blink> I hadn't even thought to compare it to Ichigo Mashimaro .... they seem to be two completely different shows (outside of "slice of life comedy with cute girls" I guess). Just different humor styles because the character-driven situations themselves involve..well.. different kinds of characters. I like both shows... and Lucky*Star (which is both like and yet totally unlike either of these two as well).
Old 2007-04-14, 11:50   Link #291
Furudanuki

Quote:
Quite a nice tan she got though
:chuckle: Yes indeed! When Miya swings down from the roof my first reaction was "OMG! It's Liru from Magipoka!. In those first few frames the resemblance is uncanny.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 11:55   Link #292
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki View Post
When Miya swings down from the roof my first reaction was "OMG! It's Liru from Magipoka!. In those first few frames the resemblance is uncanny.
That's what I thought too. :3
Btw, I think it's not possible to get that cat foot tan, but I'll let it pass since it's cute. :x
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 12:56   Link #293
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Btw, I think it's not possible to get that cat foot tan, but I'll let it pass since it's cute. :x
It is totally impossible to get that cat foot tan, but it was very funny and cute. Miya's total obliviousness to it was also hysterical.

My mother can tan like that (fall asleep in the sun one day, come back very very dark). I've always been very jealous of that. I have to burn two or three times before I finally start to tan.
Old 2007-04-14, 14:42   Link #294
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
I like both shows... and Lucky*Star (which is both like and yet totally unlike either of these two as well).
I'm quite sure the fact I'm a fan of Strawberry Marshmallow and I'm enjoying Hidamari Sketch would partially explain why I also like Lucky Star. In any case I recently finished watching episode 12 raw of Hidamari Sketch and it was an enjoyable series over all. Of course there is still the matter of watching the subbed episodes over time. Which I'll get around to eventually. Although I may decide to just wait until all 12 are subbed. Especially since I have multiple series to juggle.
Old 2007-04-18, 11:43   Link #295
Mez

just started on this series, pretty enjoyable so far. the animation style is really simple but still manages to be visually appealing, everything about this show is just too cute.
Mez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 13:46   Link #296
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
I'm quite sure the fact I'm a fan of Strawberry Marshmallow and I'm enjoying Hidamari Sketch would partially explain why I also like Lucky Star. In any case I recently finished watching episode 12 raw of Hidamari Sketch and it was an enjoyable series over all. Of course there is still the matter of watching the subbed episodes over time. Which I'll get around to eventually. Although I may decide to just wait until all 12 are subbed. Especially since I have multiple series to juggle.
Aye... I've got 6 previous series now that are "stalled" or experiencing long delays for a variety of reasons:
Manabi Straight, Hidamari Sketch, Nadesico Yamato Shichi Henge, Tokimeki, Chocotto Sister, Hataraki Man...

Not complaining (since I've got a clue on how much effort is required to sub these things well)... but it means I'm basically going to queue them up for some marathon weekend when they do finally get released.

I just about need a whiteboard or spreadsheet so I don't lose track
Old 2007-04-18, 13:48   Link #297
rooboy
Umeboshi!

You probably do because Hataraki Man is actually done.

Hidamari has been consistent, it just takes a while between each episode -

Actually I think I like the fact that episodes of it are coming out slowly - each episode feels sort of like a special treasure.
Old 2007-04-18, 13:53   Link #298
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Aye... I've got 6 previous series now that are "stalled" or experiencing long delays for a variety of reasons:
Manabi Straight, Hidamari Sketch, Nadesico Yamato Shichi Henge, Tokimeki, Chocotto Sister, Hataraki Man...
Well Hataraki Man is finished, at least, but yes, I know what you mean. So long as they're done eventually, I don't mind waiting, and sitting down for a marathon session of Hidamari Sketch is something to look forward to!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 14:36   Link #299
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Whooops... I missed seeing the last ep release.... thanks for the bonk on the head. And yes,... I'm actually doing some fansub work so I know how easy it is to find something else to distract so it isn't a complaint so much as a desire to see it through and enjoy their hard work

Aye.. a Hidamari release requires I make a pot of hot tea, my usual lunch of ramen+stuffIadd.... then sit and enjoy.
Old 2007-04-19, 11:07   Link #300
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Manabi Straight, Hidamari Sketch, Nadesico Yamato Shichi Henge, Tokimeki, Chocotto Sister, Hataraki Man...)
Manabi Straight would be another series where I finished the raws, but still have work to do on watching the subs. I'm currently up to episode 07. Either way the raws alone showed the show was awesome so watching the rest subbed is something to look forward to. Same obviously goes for Hidamri Sketch. However I'm not exactly that motivated to watch the rest.

No real comment on Hataraki Man since I haven't see any of it yet so it's not really included here. In the case of Nadesico Yamato Shichi Henge I did watch a few episodes, but after that I just didn't feel any real desire to watch anymore. I kept up with the raws of Tokimeki, but honestly after watching the final episode I'm extremely hesitant to watch the series subbed which is akin to a rewatch. As for Chocotto Sister I stopped because I realize I was forcing myself to watch it.

Tags
comedy, school life, seinen, shaft, slice of life