AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 34 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 27.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 27.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 7.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.98%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-27, 05:46   Link #241
Seska

Dunno, i begin to think. ranka-lee has the Voice. Sheryl has the Boost Power, that Ranka's "Attack Song" missed. There will be a scene where two of them sing a duet again. And the Power of the Song will surprise everyone.
Old 2008-07-27, 09:10   Link #242
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the place where Sheryl collapsed near the same area near the end in ep 2? If I'm not mistaken, that area is just outside of SMS buildings. If it is then it is likely that Quarter is a whole lot closer than his home and therefore logical for him to bring Sheryl there...although it is also questionable as to why he snuck her aboard instead of taking her to the ship's medical facilities.
That's possible, actually quite probable since VF-25s are seen launching from very close by at that location. On the other hand, he's taking her into a military base. Michael might joke about leaving a hankerchief or whatever on the door, but they're probably told to do that kind of stuff off-base. Hell, there's probably a love hotel not even a block way for the convinence. He could have checked her in there, and not only would it have allowed for him to make her more comfortable, it would have been a hiliarious situation and justified the beating she gave him (it wasn't justified).

Not to mention, the possibility of Quarter going into combat with an unauthorized civilian aboard...

Anyway, it's writer fiat when you get right down to it. Making sense doesn't matter, so long as the intent behind a scene is conveyed. Sure, they could have brought Sheryl aboard by having her actually sneak in herself, which would have made her way more cooler, and not make Alto look like a dumbass. He also wouldn't have looked like a whiner for carrying her a little ways.

Last edited by Wesley84; 2008-07-27 at 09:26.
Old 2008-07-27, 10:37   Link #243
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
basically, i'm not happy about Sheryl being shoved in the peripheral. she still has the last frame of the credits, so obviously she's still important.
Screw last frame she is the ED credits XD You need to have more faith man though I know your track record has been bad apart from True Tears... but you're on my side this time XD Like I said on your profile Sheryl is the one getting put through the ringer, it will make her eventual triumph all the more sweeter. Does anyone honestly want a Clannad or Kanon where it's obvious who's going to win from the get go?
Old 2008-07-27, 10:51   Link #244
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Does anyone honestly want a Clannad or Kanon where it's obvious who's going to win from the get go?
Of course not. That takes all the fun out of it.
Old 2008-07-27, 10:55   Link #245
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
Yeah, no kidding, this show has a hold on my senses to the point that I now treat Thursday as a new Friday.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-27, 10:57   Link #246
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
Exactly, which is why I went from yay clannad to ZOMG EF FOR THE WIN!! by the time both hit episode 5. Though you would be surprised by how many Ranka fans thought it was obvious after the first 4 episodes and than after 8 the same with Sheryl fans.

The Writers aren't doing their job if we don't get any twists and turns But by the next twist it will be too late for a reversal... except for the standard second last episode "fake" reversal where the winner looks screwed.
Old 2008-07-27, 10:58   Link #247
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Yeah, no kidding, this show has a hold on my senses to the point that I now treat Thursday as a new Friday.

- Tak
Same here. Makes the vacation of the HorribleRaws guy all the more... horrible.
Old 2008-07-27, 11:04   Link #248
cerrian

Quote:
Exactly, which is why I went from yay clannad to ZOMG EF FOR THE WIN!! by the time both hit episode 5. Though you would be surprised by how many Ranka fans thought it was obvious after the first 4 episodes and than after 8 the same with Sheryl fans.
It amuses me to no end to see such large masses of fans swing from one favorite to another all within an episode or 2. Credit to the staff for having the fans wrapped around their finger.
Old 2008-07-27, 11:11   Link #249
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
It amuses me to no end to see such large masses of fans swing from one favorite to another all within an episode or 2. Credit to the staff for having the fans wrapped around their finger.
All I know right now is that my heart is bleeding for Sheryl. Valkyrie knows when my wounds will be healed

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-27, 11:13   Link #250
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
All I know right now is that my heart is bleeding for Sheryl. Valkyrie knows when my wounds will be healed

- Tak
Episode 25 XD (or maybe its 28, need confirmation!)
Old 2008-07-27, 11:45   Link #251
Tak

Quote:
Episode 25 XD (or maybe its 28, need confirmation!)
Yeah, except if 25 gives us a Ranka x Alto ending, my heart will probably rot and I will probably never look at Macross the same way.

Of course, I can't believe an anime show is doing this to me... Sure, I've immersed myself with previous Macross(es), but this one? Fuck

- Tak

Old 2008-07-27, 11:47   Link #252
cerrian

They really need an extra 3-4 more episodes. Their hands are already full dealing with the main plot and the triangle. There is no way they can properly explore the following in the remaining 9 episodes.
- Alto's past
- Resolve Alto's issues
- Luca's background
- Luca and Nanase (although they can just short circuit this one by shooting him down)
- Mikail and Klan relationship
- Wilder and SMS
- Cathey's relationship to her father, the president
- The VF-27
- The structure and hierarchy of the Vajra
Old 2008-07-27, 12:08   Link #253
magnuskn

If the DVD/Blueray sales pan out like Westlo predicts, then we are looking at a strong possibility of a second season.

Of course that means that any pairing we get ( most likely Sheryl X Alto ) may get reversed at the end of season 2, so that may not be as good a thing as I´d want it to be. Unless they focus on other characters more than on the main three for a hypthetical season 2.

Oh, well, speculation mode off... as of now it seems we maybe get 28 episodes, which is excellent already.
Old 2008-07-27, 12:30   Link #254
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post

Oh, well, speculation mode off... as of now it seems we maybe get 28 episodes, which is excellent already.
Oh Valkyries forbid we get a season II. I don't want to prolong the pain, you know.

If they make a movie though, I'd be happy to watch.

- Tak

Old 2008-07-27, 12:39   Link #255
magnuskn

Quote:
Oh Valkyries forbid we get a season II. I don't want to prolong the pain, you know.

If they make a movie though, I'd be happy to watch.

- Tak
I can live with the pain, if it is SherylXAlto in the end.

I sure would find it rather harder to say goodbye to Macross Frontier so soon, so here´s for a second season!
Old 2008-07-27, 12:52   Link #256
MaiHikari

Quote:
I sure would find it rather harder to say goodbye to Macross Frontier so soon, so here´s for a second season!
If it was Alto x Sheryl, I wouldn't mind. They'd have to introduce a new male character who's interested in Sheryl though. No more Ranka love triangle.
Old 2008-07-27, 13:00   Link #257
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
That's possible, actually quite probable since VF-25s are seen launching from very close by at that location. On the other hand, he's taking her into a military base. Michael might joke about leaving a hankerchief or whatever on the door, but they're probably told to do that kind of stuff off-base. Hell, there's probably a love hotel not even a block way for the convinence. He could have checked her in there, and not only would it have allowed for him to make her more comfortable, it would have been a hiliarious situation and justified the beating she gave him (it wasn't justified).

Not to mention, the possibility of Quarter going into combat with an unauthorized civilian aboard...

Anyway, it's writer fiat when you get right down to it. Making sense doesn't matter, so long as the intent behind a scene is conveyed. Sure, they could have brought Sheryl aboard by having her actually sneak in herself, which would have made her way more cooler, and not make Alto look like a dumbass. He also wouldn't have looked like a whiner for carrying her a little ways.
Maybe he's too broke for love hotels. I'm sure the moron spends all his pay on paper and hair care products.
Quote:
Does anyone honestly want a Clannad or Kanon where it's obvious who's going to win from the get go?
Yes. I don't really care for love triangles.
Old 2008-07-27, 13:19   Link #258
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
I had hoped Northern Cross would be a slow sad love long, but it was trance. It's not bad though. Gives me hope that it wouldn't be a sad ending for Sheryl.

I can see calling What 'bout My Star trance, but Northern Cross?

It's got oldschool like... 70's disco effects and that funky bass line. And nothing even remotely resembling a 4 on the floor trance kick...

On that note, it really is kind of awesome the more I listen to it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm sure the moron spends all his pay on paper and hair care products.
Old 2008-07-27, 14:56   Link #259
Traece
:cool:

Alto x Ranka? HAH... If I was Alto, I'd rather die. That's what would happen if Alto actually went for Ranka anyhow. Barera has already beat Alto's ass, AND shot through his VF.

As far as the sneaking Sheryl on board... There was a purpose to it. Sheryl is in agony because of her career being snatched from her. At this point she's losing against Ranka, who has Grace as a manager now as well. Sheryl loves her career, but at this point where Ranka has all the starlight and is even her own superweapon... That she's starting to falter. Which is why she went stumbling around to the fountain. Which further explains why she forced her way up to the bridge. As far as sneaking her aboard... Well this is Sheryl and Alto we're talking about. Alto is a Second Lieutenant and Sheryl is (apparently) an ex-Macross Idol, so it doesn't really matter how they accomplished the break-in. This is anime we're talking about, sometimes demanding explanations just means the writers are going to come to your doorstep with baseball bats and grin wildly until you promise not to overthink things.

Also... Japanese "The Dark Knight"? LOL!!!!
Edit: Oh... As far as the Love Hotel thing goes, that WOULD have been quite the adventure... But she did request to be taken somewhere that wasn't a hospital or a hotel. <_< I don't think Love Hotel would make for good plot except for the implication that Sheryl and Alto did the deed.
Old 2008-07-27, 15:26   Link #260
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Edit: Oh... As far as the Love Hotel thing goes, that WOULD have been quite the adventure... But she did request to be taken somewhere that wasn't a hospital or a hotel. <_< I don't think Love Hotel would make for good plot except for the implication that Sheryl and Alto did the deed.
She did specifically rule out hotels as an option.

- Tak

Closed Thread