more of Nodame's J-Friends as well.

VC
VC Matsumoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 06:23   Link #322
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Episode 9 article is up:

[RIUVA] Nodame Cantabile ~Paris Chapter~, Episode 9

Sigh....this is the one series I can never keep up to date with....
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 11:53   Link #323
Theowne
耳をすませば

By the way, this romance angle is kind of interesting...so many of these love stories involve the character trying to "win over" the opposite lead, but here Chiaki has already "won" Nodame over from the beginning....so it's more about him coming to terms with his own side of things...

Too bad it will be over so soon.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 14:56   Link #324
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

The ending felt less like an ending compared to the first season. The end of the first season have them leaving japan, the end of this season feels like, it just stops. But obviously season 3 is out next fall (so almost one year wait). I hope it wouldn't fall in to Zero no Tsukaima syndrome, where jc staff makes very short (13 episodes) seasons, and the composition falls apart.

Spoiler for episode 11:

Definately looking forward to 3rd season, and the 2 new live action movies out at 2010...which is going to be out when I'm in university...which sounds like a loooooong time.
Old 2008-12-20, 18:20   Link #325
strategos

So we got to wait till fall 2009 for the third season T_T? Damn, why so long. I am happy thou that this series is getting new season. Hope this series get the fame it deserves!

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 18:39   Link #326
rg4619

Quote:
So we got to wait till fall 2009 for the third season T_T? Damn, why so long.
I'm guessing that a third season wasn't 100% certain until the high ratings became clear. In the meantime, other shows have been scheduled for the noitaminA block, so Nodame has to wait.

Quote:
I hope it wouldn't fall in to Zero no Tsukaima syndrome, where jc staff makes very short (13 episodes) seasons
In this case, I suspect it's up to the primary broadcaster. Fuji TV (who is directly involved in planning these series) doesn't seem to have a strong commitment to any show, so I'm betting on another 11 episodes.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 22:11   Link #327
Kirarakim

Oh wow episode 10 was wonderful. Just the right mixture of music and character interaction. It was probably the best episode of the season

Spoiler for episode 10:

Anyways episode 10 is where the live action drama left off but then they completely dropped Chiaki's Marlet Orchestra storyline in the drama.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 00:20   Link #328
MissInformed

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
The ending felt less like an ending compared to the first season. The end of the first season have them leaving japan, the end of this season feels like, it just stops. But obviously season 3 is out next fall (so almost one year wait). I hope it wouldn't fall in to Zero no Tsukaima syndrome, where jc staff makes very short (13 episodes) seasons, and the composition falls apart.
Yeah, but all in all, I think episode 11 was very well done (from what I can tell...I have VERRRRRY limited knowledge of Japanese, but I've read the manga). There's no possible way to make it have the same kind of resolution as the first series b/c there's nothing like that in the source material. There are mini-arcs, but for the most part, the story just keeeeps gooooiiing (in a good way). It would have been really unfortunate had they not gotten the 3rd series. I'm looking forward to it!
MissInformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 07:58   Link #329
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
On a side note should I assume that when Nodame calls Chiaki, Andre she means Andre from Rose of Versailles? I can't think of who else it could be?
Yes, it's totally the one from Rose of Versailles, if I remember correctly in the manga Nodame even talks about visiting Versailles because she loves Rose of Versailles.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 18:51   Link #330
Un1234l

In episode 10, can someone name all the songs played?

I'm pretty sure the piece heard at about 8-9 minutes into the video was from Chopin.
Un1234l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 22:24   Link #331
CWW
Lurker

That one's Schubert's Piano Sonata in A Minor D.845 - one of Nodame's signature pieces.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 22:19   Link #332
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
Quote:
Hope this series get the fame it deserves!
The Orichon chart showed the manga as one of the top ten best selling series in volumes and in overall for 2008, so yeah...it's doing very well.
I imagine the show is one of the highest rated anime series this season, too.
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 03:14   Link #333
kamikazex

a great way to end this chapter. looking forward to the 3rd one already
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 09:13   Link #334
VC Matsumoto
Anime Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to VC Matsumoto
Yea it was a good ending with
Spoiler for Ending of Ep 11.:

Will be sad to wait 9 months from
now to see any new Nodame Cantabile.

Anyways, doesn't Chiaki seem to be the
male equivalent of the lead in the anime
Suzuka? I can even pick the exact same
lines said by Suzuka that Chiaki says.
I'll have to go back to that anime and
compare to get exact quotes.

VC
VC Matsumoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 21:06   Link #335
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

So long with my "the news that there will be a third season made them decrease the rapid pace of this season" theory. In other words, while I certainly enjoyed the final episode, they certainly made massive cuts in order to put more than a volume of manga material in it.
But Kuroki and Tanya are really adorable together in the anime and unlike in the infamous episode two the cuts and alteration did not turn the idea behind the events portrayed upisde down, so I won't complain that much and will just hope things get planned a lot better for the third season.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 21:48   Link #336
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
Spoiler for episode 11:
Yeah, I have to agree with this. As an ending, it felt more like a comma than a full stop. The first season didn't have that problem, you could be satisfied enough with how the first season end. There's not as much satisfaction with this as there was in the first season, but I guess they do this with the full knowledge that there will be another season.

Ep 11
But I liked this episode. Again we see a lot of what makes Nodame and Chiaki such a complementary pair, and how they help each other through their respective challenges. And a Russian tsundere is fine too. But I did feel this was a bit rushed, and while I enjoyed the orchestra performance, it just didn't have the same impact as some of the amazing ones from the first season, or even some of Nodame's piano recitals or exams from this one.

I thoroughly enjoyed this anime, but it's hampered severely by the fact that it's so easy to constantly compare it with the superior first season (or the source). I think it goes without saying that the characters this time round just weren't as interesting or fun as the characters from the first season, and I don't think it's all that controversial to suggest that Kasai's handling of Nodame Cantabile is much better than Kon's. But I still think it's better than most other romance series we've seen this year.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 06:56   Link #337
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
I thoroughly enjoyed this anime, but it's hampered severely by the fact that it's so easy to constantly compare it with the superior first season (or the source). I think it goes without saying that the characters this time round just weren't as interesting or fun as the characters from the first season, and I don't think it's all that controversial to suggest that Kasai's handling of Nodame Cantabile is much better than Kon's. But I still think it's better than most other romance series we've seen this year.
The first series had such an memorably cast, and in my eyes it's the same with this series, especially in terms of Tanya's little development in the last few episodes, together with Kuroki from the first season. Either way i don't like saying which season has the better cast, because in my eyes it's all the same story, which it is.

Well i enjoyed this series a hell of a lot. The only down side was the amount of episodes, meaning a lot of things felt a bit rushed at points, though that can't be helped and a good job was done with that amount of time.

I'm probably going to re-read the manga upto the Paris chapter, and then start with that. I can't wait for a year for more of this series.
Old 2008-12-26, 09:55   Link #338
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I just <3 that ending song, awesome ending.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 10:21   Link #339
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Its going to be a long wait for season 3 but I can honestly say i throughly enjoyed Paris-Hen both seasons are just phenomenal in my opinion. Nodame Cantabile is such fun and enjoyable series to watch i dont know else to explain it.

I have come to love watching how Nadame and Chiaki interact with the little time they get together. Chiaki has become more supportive as Nodame has found her own path and her own way to enjoy music they are just so cute together. There is not a better match for either of them, also it seems that Nodame handwork is starting to get acknowledge by none other than Rui. She has not said much but that look in her eyes when she hears Nodame play tells me that Rui has found a rival. Its definitely not over Chiaki its not jealously i think Rui has found someone to make her love music again but competing with them.

Im so glad they decided to take extra lengths in the anime with Kuroki and Tanya. They are so adorable together without having to do much. Tanya although its slight is starting to change not only with her approach to music but with Kuroki as well. We saw blushing, her cooking and blushing with his compliments and even a little jealousy. I cant help but to feel that Kuroki is having a similar effect on Tanya that Chiaki did with Nodame. Im hoping they make time to explore the progression in not only their relationship in season 3 but also Tanya's new found seriousness about her own music.

Nodame Cantabile is still one of the most fun series i have seen a while. I just get so happy when watching the episodes The writing the characters the music the movement from Japan to France these all keep the series so fresh. I will admit i miss a lot of the characters from season 1 but we cant have everything we want in a series and Nodame Cantabile has done a good job filing in the gaps even with what they left out from the manga.
Old 2008-12-26, 23:17   Link #340
Theowne
耳をすませば

It's over. Again But at least there will be another season. I agree about the final episode being a bit underwhelming, but it didn't bother me too much. This is slice-of-life even more than Honey and Clover was, and we shouldn't expect any plot twists or the like. I still enjoyed the first season better, but when do we ever not enjoy the first seasons better?

I really enjoyed it, but I never really came to this thread that much. I guess the low post count shows that this is an anime to be enjoyed and not really to have long discussions about.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, josei, musical, nodame cantabile, noitamina