AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-22, 08:44   Link #181
Aaron008R

Make it a fourth from me.

I dunno why, but the Babelfish trans of the page DID seem to imply yet even MORE new characters. Here's to hoping it's more satisfying than StrikerS.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2008-01-22, 09:16   Link #182
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Is that "announcement" even remotely reliable ? Unless we have something solid to stand on, such a thread would only contain something rather baseless. Such a thread was requested before, and the answer remains the same:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Why, has the fourth season been announced yet? Until it has, any such "wish list" would only contain rather pointless speculation.
Old 2008-01-22, 09:39   Link #183
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Sounds fishy to me, but anyway...

Supposedly about anti-terror warfare.
New characters:
Amano Asuka - 18 years old. Special forces (army) Major. (whoa rank inflation )
Hokuto Kusanagi - 16 years old. Army Captain. Humaritt (Combat Cyborg). Modern Belka. The daughter of the Kusanagi couple in the Dominators, her upbringing was complicated.

Nanoha is an Air Force Major.
強化人間エクステンデッド(後述)
Enhanced humans "Extended" (detailed below) - Magic Rank Air AA
...not gonna read the rest, but it includes some characters with such choice terms as "big-breasted, rough-mouthed", and some Kansai-ben speaking childish face character.
Other characters like "sick" character: Beretta (like Asakura Ryouko), Hokuto (silent type like Nagato Yuki, Tabitha)

New unit called the Dominators. A lot of choice words are just in the greyed out areas, and I don't want to try and identify blobs. Anyway, it's where Asuka et al are. They go up against Nanoha, and Hayate, predicting the political fallout, reassembles the old Riot 6 members in secret.

Just some random translations from what I could see easily.

Last edited by selkirk; 2008-01-22 at 18:14.
Old 2008-01-22, 10:36   Link #184
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Sounds more like the stuff you'd find in fanfictions then a fourth season (18 year old Major? Yeah right, that'd place her on a higher level then 19 year old Hayate. Even in the OC-thread that'd be hard to swallow).
Old 2008-02-18, 05:28   Link #185
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

I humbly request a new thread named Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Character Creation and Discussion Zwei be create once the current one reaches the 20,000th post. It has grown rather large and such a new thread would be greatly appreciated.
Old 2008-02-19, 07:27   Link #186
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

This subject has been given some thought even before the request, and it is very likely that the thread will get a second reincarnation at some point. I will give some more thought how to go about it, but it isn't that pressing of a matter at this moment.
Old 2008-02-19, 07:35   Link #187
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Besides, having the bragging rights of being part of the biggest thread on Animesuki has its charms.
Old 2008-02-19, 08:47   Link #188
Aaron008R

Well, actually. I have my reservations about it since the old thread might most likely be closed/locked in lieu of the new one. IMO, this is a BAD thing since the formatting for several tons of stuff will no longer be accessible for quoting, etc. to be transferred into the new one.

Of course, leaving both threads open is also not very practical, as confusion would abound... urgh...

Though it's also a matter of pride for being the biggest in Animesuki, just as Keroko mentioned.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2008-02-19, 12:13   Link #189
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

You are right i plan on closing the old thread when the new one (whenever that will be) is going to get created. The problem with quoting recent posts has been considered as well - instead of making a completely blank sheet, we will simply move the last 10 pages (for example) to the new thread, thus not breaking the momentum of recent discussion.
Old 2008-02-19, 19:21   Link #190
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Hmmmm.... perhaps close at 1000 pages and then pages 1001-1010 become pages 1-10 of the 2nd OC thread? <.< 1000 is a nice number to end things with.

....though bragging rights are nice to have [/jk]

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-02-19, 21:03   Link #191
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
...If the new OC thread is created I hope the "Original Characters Database" made by Erio-kun will be available in the first page.
Old 2008-02-20, 02:48   Link #192
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
I'd actually prefer it if some advance warning (say, a week) is given before the closure of the first OC thread. That way, we can organize some sort of proper "first page", so that newcomers can check there and find everything they need.

Maybe one (or two, if it gets too unwieldy) posts for the Original Character profile links, and another two or so posts for stories based on those OCs (and what I believe is the OC timeline). Then we can continue on our discussion, although I'd personally probably take the opportunity to make a better-organized archival post for myself.
Old 2008-03-30, 23:32   Link #193
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Ohayo, everyone. First time poster here with a question for the fans that I'd like answered.

The question of relative power levels of the Nanoha cast has recently come up in another forum I'm part of. The question being 'exactly how strong are the mages in Nanoha'. The non-believers are currently adamant that Nanoha can destroy buildings at best due to the lack of visible property damage throughout the series, and seem to disbelieve in the "big honkin' energy blast = big honkin' destructive power" line of thought.

Given what I've seen in the technology and original character threads, I thought this would be a good place to ask for opinions on this argument.

So... can we have a "Power Levels" thread for determining just how strong the characters are, both in relation to each other and to other anime characters?
Old 2008-03-31, 03:21   Link #194
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

... You thought that the 'request new threads' was the best place to ask?

Anyway, to answer your question, yes some mages in Nanoha do have the power to level many blocks of a city. The reason you don't see much damage is because the show uses a term called 'magic damage' which means that magic doesn't always damage buildings. (this varies per scene, sometimes nothing gets damaged at all, other times many things get damaged still)

However, if a high-ranking mage of, say, AAA or higher decided that he'd have fun blowing up blocks of a building, he very well could decide to use physical damage in his attacks instead of magical damage.
Old 2008-03-31, 08:55   Link #195
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
... You thought that the 'request new threads' was the best place to ask?
I didn't see any threads covering the subject so I thought I'd ask for one so this can get cleared up.

And about the magic damage... can you cite sources or incidents within the series for that? The opposition is taking the lack of collateral damage as proof that Nanoha and co. are all show and no substance where the attacks are concerned. I've even heard one person proclaim that Nanoha is no different from any other magical girl, just with better tactics and mobility.
Old 2008-03-31, 09:03   Link #196
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The Q&A or Magic and Technology threads would have been better places. I'm going to carry this over to the Magic and Technology of MGLN to avoid dragging this thread further off-topic.
Old 2008-04-23, 01:52   Link #197
Matt122005

Ok, re-posting this, if you didn't know, there is a series of light novels for this show. Although I am not sure if the anime is based off them, or if they are based off the anime.

Amazon.com link: http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E9%AD%94%E6...5396846&sr=1-3

Anyways, it got some good ratings on Amazon by readers.

Maybe we could get a topic made for these? Just a suggestion.

-Matt
Old 2008-04-23, 02:16   Link #198
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post
Ok, re-posting this, if you didn't know, there is a series of light novels for this show. Although I am not sure if the anime is based off them, or if they are based off the anime.

Amazon.com link: http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E9%AD%94%E6...5396846&sr=1-3

Anyways, it got some good ratings on Amazon by readers.

Maybe we could get a topic made for these? Just a suggestion.

-Matt
While it's a perfectly fine topic starter, we all need to know that it is only one book, and not a series. There hasn't been any novels for A's, nor StS. So the content to discuss upon is actually quite limited. If nothing else, I fear for it becoming a thread left in the cold, like the original Nanoha series thread.

Come to think of it, since the novelisation is of the original series, I can see the aforementioned thread being used instead.
Old 2008-04-23, 02:27   Link #199
Matt122005

Oh, ok, I thought there were more.

Another reason a thread might be good is because somebody on LiveJournal is considering translating it.

-Matt
Old 2008-07-14, 01:04   Link #200
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Send a message via AIM to sasuke13
We NEED a doujin game thread!!! Nanoha is OFFICIALLY in a doujin fighter! It's called "Magical Battle Arena". Right now it's on a trial version, but it WILL be here soon!!!

I made a vid to prove it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51CcNFK4G3s
Closed Thread