AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 58 51.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 30.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 9.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.88%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.77%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-07, 07:32   Link #261
ReddyRedWolf

Miria 639 was the name of the Miria in Macross : Do You Remember Love.

Darn fanwank I say.
Old 2008-07-07, 07:42   Link #262
.Mero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Miria 639 was the name of the Miria in Macross : Do You Remember Love.

Darn fanwank I say.
And she was very lethal for that matter
Old 2008-07-07, 08:48   Link #263
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphin View Post
スレッド全部読んでいないので質問するのも申し訳ないですが、
Sherylの薬、639について誰かコメントしてました?

あれって、ミリアのことですかね?
ああ、ミリアの番ですね。 覚えました。

Sherylの薬、マクロス7からきましたか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Mero View Post
And she was very lethal for that matter
Thus the only cure, MAX 000

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2008-07-07 at 11:10.
Old 2008-07-07, 10:47   Link #264
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

The prescription should read,

Take Max000 several times as Miria 639 is very stubborn
Old 2008-07-07, 11:36   Link #265
.Mero

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
The prescription should read,

Take Max000 several times as Miria 639 is very stubborn
At least 6 times
Old 2008-07-07, 21:55   Link #266
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Mero View Post
At least 6 times
Might I suggest the careful use of contraceptives after a dose of Max000 and Miria 639?
Old 2008-07-08, 04:16   Link #267
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
Trying to compose herself I suppose. And since it took a flick of a finger for her to do that, she just raised my respect of her higher! At least she didn't go all "Don't mind her, save yourself!", or "Why should we risk our lives for that girl?" or "Okay, but please please please *begs* take care of yourself!" (pffffft) If she said any of these I won't even dare support her right now :P
Yeah Sheryl is grewing into a fine woman for me: too bad she isn't real!
Old 2008-07-08, 06:58   Link #268
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

Captain Global in the original referred to the SDF-1 Macross (the first) as a piece of junk.

And if you seen the original, its hard to argue against it.

The Macross itself is actually not very special. It was certainly to the humans who discovered it, but to the Zentradi fleets involved in Space War I, they easily had thousands, of not millions of ships equal or greater in power.
I don’t recall a large Zentradi cruiser's firepower (Season 1) matching Macross's main canon.

Multiple Zentradi cruisers (Season 1, EP02) can only achieve multiple 911 style building destruction. Zentradi's starship count (which is measured in the millions) makes them dangerous.

In S1 EP19, rogue Zentradi task force was surprised with a starship (SDF1) equiped with a "bubble shield".
Old 2008-07-08, 07:38   Link #269
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
I don’t recall a large Zentradi cruiser's firepower (Season 1) matching Macross's main canon.

Multiple Zentradi cruisers (Season 1, EP02) can only achieve multiple 911 style building destruction. Zentradi's starship count (which is measured in the millions) makes them dangerous.
The Macross cannon is not much more powerful, really. Vritwhai was surprised, but not particularly impressed by the initial firing of the Macross Cannon. He was more interested in the ARMD reaction weaponry and miclone ability to restore the wrecked vessel. Compare that to the ridiculously overpowered Gorg Bodolle Zer fortress gun, which can vaporise entire fleets with a clean shot lined up. The ASS-1 was classed as a simple gunship for a good reason.

Quote:
In S1 EP19, rogue Zentradi task force was surprised with a starship (SDF1) equiped with a "bubble shield".
That's because the omnidirectional barrier was a human-exclusive technology, discovered by accident, and unheard of by the Zentradi.
Old 2008-07-08, 07:41   Link #270
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
The Macross cannon is not much more powerful, really. Vritwhai was surprised, but not particularly impressed by the initial firing of the Macross Cannon.
In terms of firepower, Zentradi starships are not impressive to begin with.

Quote:
He was more interested in the ARMD reaction weaponry and miclone ability to restore the wrecked vessel. Compare that to the ridiculously overpowered Gorg Bodolza fortress gun, which can vaporise entire fleets with a clean shot lined up.
DYRL is not canon.

Quote:
The ASS-1 was classed as a simple gunship for a good reason.
In canon Season 1, SDF1 downed Bodolza's fortress i.e. ram with shielded points, launch reaction warheads, project "bubble shields".

Quote:
That's because the omnidirectional barrier was a human-exclusive technology, discovered by accident, and unheard of by the Zentradi.
I don't recall Zentradi ships projecting any force field type defence..

Last edited by encia; 2008-07-08 at 07:56.
Old 2008-07-08, 08:16   Link #271
Tak

Quote:
In terms of firepower, Zentradi starships are not impressive to begin with.
Not really. During the initial phases of the attack, the Zentradi ships were able to cleanly destroy human space ships in a shot or two, until the Macross showed up.

The Macross had slightly stronger firepower than most of the smaller Zent monitors, as it was a gunship built for anti-shipping operations, but had not the type of firepower when compared to say, the Nupetiet-Vergnitzs class battleship. Moreover, the exclusive gunships of both the Zentradi and Meltrandi had at least equal firepower when compared to the SDF-1 Macross.

The Zents were more surprised that mankind was able to repair a Supervision Army vessel and carry with them lost technologies of compact reactionary warheads than the actual capabilities of the Macross itself.

Quote:
DYRL is not canon.
It is partially canon. Aside from the character redesigns (Vritwhai for example, I am sure you note the difference in the original and the 'canon'. He had hair, now he no longer has hair when described in subsequent series), Meltran battleships from DYRL also became part of the canon. Moreover, Bodolza had a fortress in the original TV series as well, it was simply redesigned for DYRL's sake. Most of the mechanical designs when referring to the original now take cue from DYRL. We first begin seeing this in Macross 7.

Quote:
I don't recall Zentradi ships projecting any force field type defence..
He never suggested the Zentradi had forcefield defenses. Glyph stated that it was

"human-exclusive technology, discovered by accident, and unheard of by the Zentradi."

- Tak
Old 2008-07-08, 08:41   Link #272
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

DRYL is consider a canon in that it's a "reenactment" of Space War 1 like an in universe documentary.
Old 2008-07-08, 08:43   Link #273
encia

Quote:
Not really. During the initial phases of the attack, the Zentradi ships were able to cleanly destroy human space ships in a shot or two, until the Macross showed up.
Yet they can only do multiple 911 like damage.

Quote:
The Macross had slightly stronger firepower than most of the smaller Zent monitors, as it was a gunship built for anti-shipping operations, but had not the type of firepower when compared to say, the Nupetiet-Vergnitzs class battleship. Moreover, the exclusive gunships of both the Zentradi and Meltrandi had at least equal firepower when compared to the SDF-1 Macross.
There was Nupetiet-Vergnitzs like ship in the first city bombardment.

Quote:
The Zents were more surprised that mankind was able to repair a Supervision Army vessel and carry with them lost technologies of compact reactionary warheads than the actual capabilities of the Macross itself.

It is partially canon. Aside from the character redesigns (Vritwhai for example, I am sure you note the difference in the original and the 'canon'. He had hair, now he no longer has hair when described in subsequent series), Meltran battleships from DYRL also became part of the canon. Moreover, Bodolza had a fortress in the original TV series as well, it was simply redesigned for DYRL's sake. Most of the mechanical designs when referring to the original now take cue from DYRL. We first begin seeing this in Macross 7.
I was referring to canon events or the story plot not the art.

Earth's grand canon event is missing in DYRL.

Last edited by encia; 2008-07-08 at 08:58.
Old 2008-07-08, 08:46   Link #274
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
DRYL is consider a canon in that it's a "reenactment" of Space War 1 like an in universe documentary.
Which story plot take precedents?

What I meant by “canon” is the story plot. The art can change.
Old 2008-07-08, 08:53   Link #275
Tak

Quote:
I was referring to canon events or the story plot not the art.
You are clearly not reading.

As I mentioned, ever since Macross 7, ship capabilities and certain points of the plot of DYRL are now considered as canon. As with the plot.

Ex. The word 'Meltran' never existed in the original TV, neither did their own fleet or ships. The Meltran, although segregated, had operated closely with Baldoza. No longer is this the case since DYRL and subsequent series (including games). The Meltrans now have their own fleet and their own ships.

- Tak
Old 2008-07-08, 09:04   Link #276
encia

Quote:
You are clearly not reading.

As I mentioned, ever since Macross 7, ship capabilities and certain points of the plot of DYRL are now considered as canon. As with the plot.
Comparing ship capabilities must be referenced to known and common targeted objects e.g asteriods, buildings.

Statements like "During the initial phases of the attack, the Zentradi ships were able to cleanly destroy human space ships in a shot or two,"
would be invalid for establishing firepower calculations i.e. they could be built with tin foil.

Quote:
Ex. The word 'Meltran' never existed in the original TV, neither did their own fleet or ships.
'Meltran' have different colored ships in the original TV.
Old 2008-07-08, 09:04   Link #277
Westlo
Lets be reality

While DYRL later got retconned into being a movie based on the Space War all mecha designs from DYRL are canon, same with a lot of character designs.
Old 2008-07-08, 09:26   Link #278
Tak

Quote:
'Meltran' have different colored ships in the original TV.
And now, aside from colors, they all have different ship designs since DYRL. We seen this first with Macross 7, and is now considered canon. I don't know how many times I have to repeat this. Meltrans never existed by themselves during the original TV series. Since DYRL, Meltrans, their own specific ship designs and their own fleets are now part of the canon.

Quote:
There was Nupetiet-Vergnitzs like ship in the first city bombardment.
That was the flagship, in an observing position, not attacking.

Quote:
they could be built with tin foil.
Yeah, and you could be built from wood, but I am still talking to you, doesn't make your argument less valid because you are a piece of... wood.

- Tak
Old 2008-07-08, 12:08   Link #279
ipernorris

I hope to have an exciting episode 14 btw: it should be on par with episode 8!
Old 2008-07-08, 12:12   Link #280
Tsuchiro

episode 8? or do you mean 7?
Closed Thread