AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-02-21, 20:38   Link #61
Fuyuno
Banned

I saw the first episode of Shakugan no Shana Final and guess what, it's not worth it. I have nothing against the show itself but rather on Animax's decision to show it such late hours. I have no fucking idea why Animax decided to show it at such late time(11:30 PM) why they can show it in prime time slots(6-9 PM) instead.

At least to my own theory Animax try to cater 20+ male viewers instead of their more usual teenage boys and girls, which more popular shounen and shoujo shows dominated the prime time slots. If that what Animax thought then let me say this: It just too little, too late. While I do welcomed their decision to air a seinen show while they are showing too many shounen and shoujo these days but not for its unfavorable time slot.

I have no intention to be on NK_500's side but I can feel his pain. I think Animax are showing some bishounen fanservice shows and hyped them as if they are Animax's best shows. While I do believe Animax have no intention to cater fujioshi crowd but it does left some bad impression to most male viewers who obviously aren't fan of the genre. If I a woman right now and Animax do the same for some shitty ecchi-harem shows and I would rage too.
Fuyuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 20:56   Link #62
Fuyuno
Banned

Pardon me for double-posting but the last post in February and this one for March. You thought February was bad and in this March, it got even worse. No new anime shown except new season of Fairy Tail. While it is too early to say this but so far no announcement or commercial of a brand new anime on its official website and elsewhere.

Animax is literally on life support now as its most popular shows in recent times are Naruto, Bleach and Fairy Tail and these shows are currently shown in Japan right now. I still remember how Animax refuse to have those shows in their service just because they are still shown in Japan and now Animax don't just had to ignore that policy to keep the channel itself alive, they also have been struggling to keep those shows alive.

Animax officially sucks and I also have a hunch that they may bring back K-dramas in order to stay alive. When they got enough money to show us brand new anime that shown simultaneously as in Japan but they decided to choose a shitty bishounen fest show like K when they can get better ones.
Old 2013-03-11, 00:39   Link #63
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Considering the number of shows A-1 has produced over the past year or two, it's hard to believe Animax doesn't have enough content available to them. Space Brothers alone has already racked up 48 episodes in its first season.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 04:23   Link #64
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

They could always go for S2 of Chihayafuru.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 08:59   Link #65
Fuyuno
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
They could always go for S2 of Chihayafuru.
It looks like you have to wait for at least 2 or 3 years to see it on Animax, if they want to show it in first place. If Animax itself still around...

Now I know why they also try to keep Shakugan no Shana alive on Animax as long as they can like showing three episodes per week instead of entire weeknights(five). They knew they're not going to have enough money to show a new anime in March. Maybe they are planning for Chihayafuru S2 simulcast? God knows.
Old 2013-03-11, 09:53   Link #66
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyuno View Post
It looks like you have to wait for at least 2 or 3 years to see it on Animax, if they want to show it in first place. If Animax itself still around...

Now I know why they also try to keep Shakugan no Shana alive on Animax as long as they can like showing three episodes per week instead of entire weeknights(five). They knew they're not going to have enough money to show a new anime in March. Maybe they are planning for Chihayafuru S2 simulcast? God knows.
Almost four years ago have passed since Animax debuted anime simulcast (and I'm expecting a five years anniversary of this trend) and there's still no news on which spring anime Animax will premiere this year : maybe they'll buy Gargantia, Valvrave or something else's rights (since Animax have a decent relationship with Bandai Visual and Aniplex) but I don't know how much censorship they'll contain (though I'm expecting at least some raunchy fanservice scenes with a bit of extreme violence in between in some) once the first few episodes will air for each of them.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 20:25   Link #67
NK_500
Disabled By Request

@SeijiSensei: Space Brothers could have been good choice for Animax but I prefer You're Under Arrest instead as a candidate for a good seinen slice-of-life show.

Okay, let's get to the real business, I don't want to blame anyone this time except Animax itself and I do believe Animax is quite resourceful(since it was owned by Sony) but they just wouldn't listen. We have to accept whatever they shoved to our throats and pretend we loved it.

It's really sad to see there's no new anime in March, only "new" season of Fairy Tail, definitely the most popular show in Animax for time being along with Naruto and Bleach, which also popular shounen shows.

I have few suggestion for Animax for anime they can show, if they want to. Let us ignore the licensing problems.

What is it?: Medaka Box

Why it should be shown in Animax: If Animax have no problems of showing other Jump's shows like Naruto and Bleach and why not this one. Although Naruto and Bleach fans may had hard time use to this show but I really hope they liked it. Don't let Jump's name fool you, it's far-cry from other never-ending Jump's shows(though its manga still running) it only 12 episodes long per season. I would say MB is a dumber version of Bakemonogatari but with dialogues and more action-packed, which Animax may don't have problem with.

Why it shouldn't: Perhaps the biggest barrier that prevented it from Animax is its fanservice. Medaka strips alot, literally and proud to show off her body to the viewers, which most of the female ones will hate. Lack of "true" ending also give this show a bad impression on Animax.

What it is?: Hanasaku Iroha

Why it should be shown on Animax: If K is a shoujo with shounen skin(I know not everyone agree with this analogy but this is the closest I can think of) and this one is a seinen in shoujo skin. If Animax have no problem of showing shoujo shows and why not this one? I know it was already shown in Hero TV and let us forget that too. It didn't have much fanservice in comparison to most other shows for similar demographics and it is far from other popular seinen shows like K-On and Lucky Star for examples(which also already shown on Animax) because it's not moe but rather good marriage between seinen slice-of-life and shoujo romance. Content-wise I don't see why Animax can't show it.

Why it shouldn't: Besides it was already shown on Hero TV there is another big barrier for this show on Animax. First it takes several episodes to get use to, which may give bad first impression for most of the Animax's viewers who are mostly teenage boys and girls. It also suffers from what most other seinen romance shows had, lots of girls, lots of dialogues but no flashy action and fabulous bishies. It lack what defines "anime" to them in first place.

What is it?: Nichijou

Why it should be shown on Animax: If Animax have no problem with other KyoAni's moeblob shows like Lucky Star and K-On and why not this one? Take Lucky Star and remove the otaku references and you got yourself Nichijou and I think that is more accessible to all type of viewers than Lucky Star which already proven it's success on Animax.

Why it shouldn't: To show another KyoAni's moeblob show is to take some risk, especially towards their loyal female viewers who obviously aren't the marketing audiences of that show. It will leave a bad impression of Animax to them: full of moe craps. While Animax can trick them into thinking Nichijou is a shoujo show like they did with K-On and Lucky Star previously but I don't think it going to work again.

What is it?: Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th season

Why it should be shown on Animax: Though was brutally censored by the Singaporean government but it still passed for Animax. Content-wise this one had even less yuri elements than its first three seasons. I think it need this season in order to complete its saga which most MariMite fans on Animax have waited for so long.

Why it shouldn't: Singaporean censorship board can't wait to lay their fingers on this one even there's very little they can censor. Animax also tried they best to avoid that from happening even it will disappoint MariMite fans. It just don't worth the risk.

What is it?: Taishou Yakyuu Musume

Why it should be shown on Animax: While it may be a seinen show but don't let that fool you. It is nothing like Lucky Star and K-On which also marketed towards similar audiences. Don't let the "seinen" label fool you too as this also very friendly towards female viewers as well as male ones. I personally think it is the most female-friendly seinen show I ever saw besides Clannad. It depicts teenage girls for more realistic than those aforementioned shows which may only to satisfy lonely male otakus but not for the TYM girls. This also a one of the very few male-oriented shows where teenage girls are really teenage girls. Not some overgrown kindergarten kids doing cute things for sake of viewers' pleasure.

Why it shouldn't: The biggest weakness is lack of appeal to both male and female viewers. The male ones may find lack of flashy action scenes, just girls playing baseball. The female ones may find lack of romance and fabulous bishies, only girls playing baseball. Most loyal Animax viewers would ignore it faster than any annoying ecchi-harem shows because of lacking that appeal.
NK_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 20:36   Link #68
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
@SeijiSensei: Space Brothers could have been good choice for Animax but I prefer You're Under Arrest instead as a candidate for a good seinen slice-of-life show.
My point wasn't to endorse Space Brothers, but to suggest that since Sony has a major interest in Animax, and owns a currently rather prolific studio in A-1, that you would think Sony's interest would be in promoting its own material as widely as possible. My observation has essentially nothing to do with appropriate content, and everything to do with industrial organization.

Does Animax carry any of the older shows that stream on Sony's Crackle service like Nodame Cantabile, Blood+, or Kurozuka?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 20:42   Link #69
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Animax has already showed Nodame Cantabile, Paris and Finale IIRC. Kurozuka's out since HERO already showed it before.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 21:53   Link #70
Fuyuno
Banned

@NK_500: None of them will work since we all knew who Animax is and their loyal viewers too. Just don't waste your time typing something that nobody cares of.
Old 2013-03-12, 18:04   Link #71
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Animax is currently paving their path to destruction, there's no doubt about it.

So what went wrong with Animax these days? They tried to cater shounen faboys, shoujo fangirls, fujioshi and moefags at same time but at the end they failed to satisfy anyone else except Fairy Tail fans, at least for now.

By the way I would love to see Taishou Yakyuu Musume and Hanasaku Iroha despite chances of seeing them on Animax is very very slim to none.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 15:27   Link #72
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Since when is Nichijou a moeblob show?
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 02:16   Link #73
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Given the amount of nonsense and mislabeling being slung around in this thread, can't say I'm sympathetic other than most "outside Japan" anime-related cable channels suck. They suck because instead of offering a wide variety they end up being monotonic out of failure to analyze their audience outside of existing eyeball counts. It becomes the race of the ever-shrinking viewer population.
Old 2013-03-15, 02:18   Link #74
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post

What is it?: Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th season
No... My beautiful niece will get corrupted... She's actually in an All Girl's School...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 04:20   Link #75
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Face it- These kinds of channels are for newcomers to Anime, not people like us who knows what's what.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 05:18   Link #76
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Face it- These kinds of channels are for newcomers to Anime, not people like us who knows what's what.
THIS. For me, its just a channel I watch when I'm bored
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 05:28   Link #77
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Hmmm.... complicated anime should not be shown I guess...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 09:13   Link #78
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Do we even use channels <_<

And speaking of SG's censorship of Maria-sama...were we even affected in the least :P
Old 2013-03-15, 16:00   Link #79
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
No... My beautiful niece will get corrupted... She's actually in an All Girl's School...
You're trolling me right?

If not then I don't think you should worry about any yuri undertones or overtones as the 4th season season had nothing which we can consider "yuri" in first place. Just Yumi got her petite sœur.

In my opinion Animax did show us some "complicated" like Fate/Stay Night and Jigoku Shoujo in the past and currently Shakugan no Shana. Not just some popular shounen and shoujo ones.
NK_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 16:49   Link #80
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Do we even use channels <_<

And speaking of SG's censorship of Maria-sama...were we even affected in the least :P
I don't even watch Maria-sama

But lets face it- Anything we want to watch, we would have already watched it.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote