AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-09-24, 22:32   Link #1
Calca
Expressionless

Aishiteruze Baby 23

Anytime I even click on the episode to open it, a message comes up saying that explorer crashed. If I try to open it directly with any media player, that crashes too. Anyone have this problem?
Old 2004-09-24, 22:44   Link #2
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor
Anytime I even click on the episode to open it, a message comes up saying that explorer crashed. If I try to open it directly with any media player, that crashes too. Anyone have this problem?
I got it to play with videoLAN. Is there a new codec that AonE is using?
Old 2004-09-25, 03:55   Link #3
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor
I got it to play with videoLAN. Is there a new codec that AonE is using?
It sounds more like that you have not completed the download (I seem to remember that videoLAN is more forgiving than other players when dealing with incomplete files). Try downloaing the torrent again and check it really does say "Download Suceeded!". Otherwise it's most likely a codec problem.

---
Since this question is asked so many times, this is a standard reply cut and pasted

9 timeout of 10, this is a codec problem. Very easy to fix.

i) Download ffdshow 2004-07-25
ii) Remove all previously installed codecs you have, and I mean all.
iii) Install ffdshow.

Just in case it wasn't clear, uninstall all previously installed codecs, they only clash and interfere with each other. You only need ffdshow.

If you don't like the idea of removing all your old codecs, then don't, you may be able to resolve the problem by just updating or installing to the latest ffdshow codec (but the general consensus is to just have the one codec installed, there will be less problems that way).

Look at the stickies in the Playback Help forum to find the latest version of ffdshow (see this thread).

Plus I would recommend downloading and using the latest version of Media Player Classic (2000/XP or 98/Me build)
---
Old 2004-09-25, 05:18   Link #4
TetrFlare
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to TetrFlare
Hiz... xris is right, to my knowledge, ffdshow is the only codec capable of crashing explorer because to scans the file before you open it. (So there shouldn't be a need to uninstall the other codecs.) Thus if there is an error, explorer will crash instead of the player used. Just uninstall your ffdshow. Most likely you do not need ffdshow to run the avi file as there will be other decoders installed.

BTW, the codec for this episode 23 and the previous episodes are using the same encodes, so most likely your ffdshow got corrupted and you need to do something.