*Graphic Designer

I'm Protestant.

Not really much else to it than that.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 21:13   Link #1762
PrincessFrani
TsuruyaxMikuru Worshipper

I was born and raised as a Wiccan.

The rituals, classes, and drumming lessons are really fun!
PrincessFrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 22:02   Link #1763
Mr Bland
Photographers are sexy.

Agnostic. I'm not completely atheist, I do not dismiss the possibility that there is a god, or some greater being out there. I do believe the Big Bang theory to be very plausible sounding.

But overall I just try not to think about it. And if there is a god, I don't think he expects us to do bad things and then just pray for forgiveness. I just think that we need to live a fulfilling life, and be a courteous person.
Mr Bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 22:06   Link #1764
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
Lots of atheists here(reminds me of japan). But I think most of the people who declared they're atheists are, in truth, actually agnostics. I mean... since all our scientific explanations regarding the origins of the world are all based on theoretical assumptions, denying the possibility of a supernatural being existence is a bit hard. Then again, Existence of God could possibly be a scientific theory itself. I, myself, think agnosticism to be the most intellectual/scientific stand.
Lack of evidence's never stopped theists. Why should atheists be held to a higher standard?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 22:12   Link #1765
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Lack of evidence's never stopped theists. Why should atheists be held to a higher standard?
I wasn't complimenting atheism/agnoticism. I was playfully looking down at how its so limited by (current)science. Its the most scientific stand(cross intellectual), therefore, people who follow it are so bounded by lack of intuition. Symbolisms may not be the most factual or practical explanations, but I believe it holds greater wit beyond simple(current)human comprehension---science(current). Don't get me wrong, science's value is great but it really is too limited to (religiously) depend on.

EDIT: (to the person who rep'd me) I apologize for not being clear.

Last edited by Cipher; 2009-09-12 at 21:23.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 23:37   Link #1766
LusterFlare
Lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bland View Post
Agnostic. I'm not completely atheist, I do not dismiss the possibility that there is a god, or some greater being out there. I do believe the Big Bang theory to be very plausible sounding.

But overall I just try not to think about it. And if there is a god, I don't think he expects us to do bad things and then just pray for forgiveness. I just think that we need to live a fulfilling life, and be a courteous person.
Well said. That's pretty much the same for me.
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 11:28   Link #1767
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Christian.

That's about it, really.
Old 2009-09-12, 13:00   Link #1768
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Scientologist because in my opinion god and jesus are made up stories from the past to scare people from doing bad things. and other stuff. Humanity has been swindling each other since the stone ages.
Wait... what??????? labeling other religions as "made up stories" and then declaring yourself a member of a group that... ???? .... well, okay, good luck with that idea.
Old 2009-09-12, 13:34   Link #1769
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Wait... what??????? labeling other religions as "made up stories" and then declaring yourself a member of a group that... ???? .... well, okay, good luck with that idea.
Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing. Care to share why you think of Scientology as more credible, Kyero Fox?
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 13:54   Link #1770
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Lots of atheists here(reminds me of japan). But I think most of the people who declared they're atheists are, in truth, actually agnostics. I mean... since all our scientific explanations regarding the origins of the world are all based on theoretical assumptions, denying the possibility of a supernatural being existence is a bit hard. Then again, Existence of God could possibly be a scientific theory itself. I, myself, think agnosticism to be the most intellectual/scientific stand.
I'm an atheist.
And certainly not agnostic. If someone says they are an atheist, they usually are, excpet if they have never heard of the correct term, which happens, but isn't the rule.
Even if there was a God - note the subjunctive -, I don't think I'd like him much. The only "religion" I found appealing so far is atheistic satanism, but it's been a while since I've really concerned myself with it, and so I can't say for sure how much I agree or disagree with its philosophy anymore.
Other than that, I don't believe in any kind of absolute moral theory. I subscribe to the one I can agree with, but I don't think there's a God out there who either nods in approval or prepares to torture me for my choice for all eternity.
Old 2009-09-12, 14:00   Link #1771
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Yeah, I don't see how scientology actually proves anything. I mean, is the proof that our lives are controlled or descend from alien experiments and what not any more tagible than the existence of God? I doubt it......
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 16:27   Link #1772
Xvoki

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFrani View Post
I was born and raised as a Wiccan.

The rituals, classes, and drumming lessons are really fun!
I've always wanted to be a wiccan, sounds like great fun.
Xvoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 17:29   Link #1773
ZeBird0
In a tree

I'm Agnostic... Don't believe, but I'm not going to argue like an atheist.
Old 2009-09-12, 18:07   Link #1774
Draw it blank
Lazy Otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to Draw it blank
I'm Christian...
Prety boring right?
Draw it blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 19:10   Link #1775
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Deist. You didn't see this coming, did you?
Basically, I believe in a higher power but not in a personafied uber God or miracles messing around with the world like a very bad plot twist in a scenario. I believe we people try to better or improve, even just for profit. Thus setting an ideal ultimate goal is like reaching to deification. Sounds close to atheism but in fact leaves room for an external power called hive mind (public relations, ideals, propaganda) to set the minds of people like a hive towards the same goal. Actually, that is more of a philosophical than a religious opinion but then again someone can follow the philosophical notions of any religion without converting to it.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 21:33   Link #1776
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
I'm an atheist.
And certainly not agnostic. If someone says they are an atheist, they usually are, excpet if they have never heard of the correct term, which happens, but isn't the rule.
Even if there was a God - note the subjunctive -, I don't think I'd like him much. The only "religion" I found appealing so far is atheistic satanism, but it's been a while since I've really concerned myself with it, and so I can't say for sure how much I agree or disagree with its philosophy anymore.
Other than that, I don't believe in any kind of absolute moral theory. I subscribe to the one I can agree with, but I don't think there's a God out there who either nods in approval or prepares to torture me for my choice for all eternity.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but "in a vague sense, atheists are very similar to theists." They both centralize their discussions and arguments on emotional appeal. They both have "faith" of believing and not.
Old 2009-09-12, 21:55   Link #1777
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but "in a vague sense, atheists are very similar to theists." They both centralize their discussions and arguments on emotional appeal. They both have "faith" of believing and not.
I've heard that argument before.
To me, however, that would mean everyone has faith. If I tell an agnostic there might be an invisible pink tiger sitting behind them who will eat them as soon as they fall asleep, and they don't try to do something about it, they must have some kind of "faith".
I'm not just basing my arguments on emotional appeal, but on what, in my eyes, seems logical. There might be a God. There might be a pink panda sitting behind me and reading every word I write. I might be part of an Alien computer game.
There is a possibility, but no proof at all. If there is a God who wants to teach us about morality, where does this morality come from? Was it there before God? Then what do we need him for? Did God create morality? What gives him the right to decide what is "good" and what is "evil"?
I can't believe in a higher power more than I can believe in perverted ghosts watching me shower.
Old 2009-09-12, 22:03   Link #1778
Cipher

Quote:
I've heard that argument before.
To me, however, that would mean everyone has faith. If I tell an agnostic there might be an invisible pink tiger sitting behind them who will eat them as soon as they fall asleep, and they don't try to do something about it, they must have some kind of "faith".
I'm not just basing my arguments on emotional appeal, but on what, in my eyes, seems logical. There might be a God. There might be a pink panda sitting behind me and reading every word I write. I might be part of an Alien computer game.
There is a possibility, but no proof at all. If there is a God who wants to teach us about morality, where does this morality come from? Was it there before God? Then what do we need him for? Did God create morality? What gives him the right to decide what is "good" and what is "evil"?
I can't believe in a higher power more than I can believe in perverted ghosts watching me shower.
Pardon me, but I don't quite get what your position is. First you acknowledge the possibility of God's existence then you say you don't believe?
Old 2009-09-12, 22:08   Link #1779
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Pardon me, but I don't quite get what your position is. First you acknowledge the possibility of God's existence then you say you don't believe.
I don't believe, but I can't be certain.
Even most religious people acknowledge they can't be 100% sure they are right. If they could, they wouldn't just have faith anymore - they would have to be basing their assumptions on undeniable proof, or have turned their faith into something else all by themselves.
Similary, if I was certain there is no God, I would be able to proof it, which isn't the case. However, I'm as sure that there is no God as I am sure that there are no weird ghosts stalking me or invisible pink cats sitting on my shoulders.
Old 2009-09-12, 22:11   Link #1780
Cipher

Quote:
I don't believe, but I can't be certain.
Even most religious people acknowledge they can't be 100% sure they are right. If they could, they wouldn't just have faith anymore - they would have to be basing their assumptions on undeniable proof, or have turned their faith into something else all by themselves.
Similary, if I was certain there is no God, I would be able to proof it, which isn't the case. However, I'm as sure that there is no God as I am sure that there are no weird ghosts stalking me or invisible pink cats sitting on my shoulders.
Wouldn't that uncertainty be agnosticism?

Tags
not a debate, philosophy, religion