AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-02-03, 19:04   Link #1121
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

He needs to be able to consider all factors in his future battles so that he can better deal with any changes, such as the Knights of the Rounds interfering. Come to think of it, where were these guys during season 1? Or is it possible that they are a newly created group?

Still Lelouch would be incapable of dealing with Lancelot on his own. In 24-25, he was shown to have had a well planned way of dealing with Suzaku, but of course that backfired.
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 19:16   Link #1122
KrimzonStriker

We'll, Who saw Cecil of all people coming to the rescue! Anyway, I suspect the Knights of the Round are probably knewly created, if Suzaku was allowed to join. One wonders how the Glaston Knights must feel being replaced as the honor guard?
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 19:19   Link #1123
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
He needs to be able to consider all factors in his future battles so that he can better deal with any changes, such as the Knights of the Rounds interfering. Come to think of it, where were these guys during season 1? Or is it possible that they are a newly created group?
They're Wakamoto's knights, and Cornelia and Schniezel were dealing with Area 11 during season 1. No reason for them to interfere. Unless...say...the rebellion were to move onto a global scale.

though now one of the 12 knights has a personal vendetta with Zero, and he may have made some friends among the others, so I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them showed up in Japan for Suzaku's sake.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 19:41   Link #1124
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

True, but I find it odd that they were never mentioned or hinted at even once in season 1.
Old 2008-02-03, 19:47   Link #1125
KrimzonStriker

I'm telling you, the Glaston Knights have had been bumped for the Knights of the Round as the primary honor guard of Britannia. They're either new, or have been held in obscurity by the Glaston's for the most part in Seasons 1.
Old 2008-02-03, 19:58   Link #1126
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

The Glaston Knights were only under Cornelia if I recall correctly. The Knights of the Rounds are the Emperor's personal Knights that serve only him. It is possible that they are new, but it is also very possible that ashlay is right and they merely did not concern themselves with Japan because it was believed Cornelia could handle it.
Old 2008-02-03, 20:05   Link #1127
ashlay
the red string of fate

The Glaston's are under Schneizel, and the guard for the Britannian capital. (Though technically speaking the Glaston Knights are only those 5 pretty boys and the rest are just troops) So it stands to reason that next to the Rounds they're the best Britannia has to offer.

Schneizel just lent them out to Cornelia in 21 since Lelouch had decimated Cornelia's troops in Narita and the harbor battle.
Old 2008-02-03, 20:11   Link #1128
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

They weren't needed. Why hint anything if they're not needed at all?
We don't even get much hints on the geass world until near the end of S1.

And they were mentioned in S1. In the liner notes of DVD6. Knight of Rounds are the Emperor's personal knights ever since the very first Emperor, Ricardo van Britannia.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 20:21   Link #1129
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well I guess that puts that issue to rest. Thanks, Koshimizu.

I wonder when they'll start going into more detail on the geass world as well as C.C.'s past. I know the full story probably won't be known till the last few episodes, but I'd hope they would start giving us more early on.
Old 2008-02-03, 20:37   Link #1130
KrimzonStriker

So, wait, does every important bigshot in Britannia have their own honor guard or something? I mean Cornelia with the CA, Schnizel with the Glaston Knights, Euphie with Suzaku in the beginning, and now the Emperor and the Knights of the Round?
Old 2008-02-03, 20:39   Link #1131
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Hmm.. I just rewatched the trailers for S2 and I didn't see Nunnally anywhere..
There are lots of items to cover and notice in just the trailers alone, such as Lelouch's obvious eye colour change, the new character known as (Rolo?), Suzaku's new position, etc. etc. And I think it has been confirmed that Geass S2 will not pick up immediately after where Episode 25 left off, but show bits and pieces throughout the season in general to help us identify what happened...

With V.V.'s presence and the situation with Lelouch/Suzaku/Kallen at the end, and by the look of the trailer, my broad guess is that they lost their memory in S2, or at least about the Geass. Maybe V.V. did it. But in any case, the Geass doesn't seem to be with Lelouch anymore, and I'm sure if he lost that, something else might go away as well. Although it's likely inaccurate, the fact that I couldn't catch a single glimpse of Nunnally makes me believe that she's gone, and Rolo might have something to do with it o_O. Maybe I'm just thinking too much in terms of Death Note now, but if similarities do exist as far as I'm concerned, then this whole memory loss thing could reflect how Light loses his memory when the ownership of the Death Note is renounced.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 20:43   Link #1132
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Lelouch's eyes didn't change color and the show was confirmed to have started 1 year later a while ago. I have to say I will be very annoyed if every one of them had memory loss. With the geass, there is a possibility that it is merely dormant as he can't simply get rid of it. Nunnally's whearbouts are supposed to be very important to the plot and she is supposed to be in a surprising place.

I really wish the DN comparisons would stop.
Old 2008-02-03, 20:53   Link #1133
KrimzonStriker

Speaking of which, a one-shot aftermath for Death Note has also been announed by Shonen Jump actually. New Kira, New Code Geass, gotta love the intellectuals perserverance
Old 2008-02-03, 21:14   Link #1134
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I really wish the DN comparisons would stop.
It's inevitable~

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 21:23   Link #1135
ashlay
the red string of fate

because people haven't watched both series but feel like making superficial comparisons anyway? -_-
Old 2008-02-03, 21:25   Link #1136
a1047

Hey hey...
after look at code geass r2 trailer, i found:

1. look like the several storyline from s1 has been changed in s2 because the new character, the boy(i dont know his name) posibility gained new geass?

2. eh i found another new character, man with long black hair look like familiar. He character from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle right? or Im wrong?
a1047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 21:28   Link #1137
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

The shows couldn't be more different in their plot and main characters. The only similarity is that the main characters are very smart and they use alias. Other than that,they couldn't be more different.

Rollo has shown no sign of having geass, but I am sure he is related to it in some way. The Chinese guy's design is similar to that of another CLAMP character, but other than that he is new.
Old 2008-02-03, 21:31   Link #1138
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
because people haven't watched both series but feel like making superficial comparisons anyway? -_-
How about because so few anime characters actually have brains.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1047 View Post
2. eh i found another new character, man with long black hair look like familiar. He character from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle right? or Im wrong?
You're wrong.

This is NOT a Clamp production.
Clamp only propose design for the "appearance" of the characters and that's it. Not even the "inside" of the character. They don't have anything to do with Code Geass except this. No background setting. No storyline. Nothing. Not to mention tossing their parody everywhere.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 21:34   Link #1139
KrimzonStriker

BTW, is clamp still on-board with the project? Because the artwork seems to have been tweaked a bit if I recall the trailers.
Old 2008-02-03, 21:39   Link #1140
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

They designed C.C,'s new outfits I think, so yes. The animation style has changed a bit and resembles the artwork of the guy in charge of animation. Apparently the art style makes this take a lot of time and Code Geass is on the black list for animators. I'm hoping this doesn't cause any problems like breaks or recaps like last time.