Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-08-21, 00:27   Link #61
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
In my humble impression of a work of fiction, I think Taiga is presented/developed much better than Louise, even though they, on the surface, are very alike. It’s hard not to introduce some spoilers from the novel while discussing what makes Taiga more likeable, and yet how she truly is a loli tsundere (in other words, what a loli tsundere should be like), but my intentions are not of doing so. The only thing I can mention, however, is that Taiga has what Louise lacks, and it’s not only the overly cute factor.
Without saying too much...
Taiga will never be better than Louise until Taiga actually starts loving Ryuuji instead of Stupid Glasses. Otherwise, the way she treats Ryuuji would simply be selfishness (and anger management issues).
Though Masochist Ryuuji is fine with her interrupting him whenever he gets into a good mood with Minori or her attacking him (verbally or otherwise).

Well, this might be better discussed in the novel thread...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 01:22   Link #62
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Without saying too much...
Taiga will never be better than Louise until Taiga actually starts loving Ryuuji instead of Stupid Glasses. Otherwise, the way she treats Ryuuji would simply be selfishness (and anger management issues).
Though Masochist Ryuuji is fine with her interrupting him whenever he gets into a good mood with Minori or her attacking him (verbally or otherwise).

Well, this might be better discussed in the novel thread...
I get the feeling that there’s a spoiler here if somebody were to read between the lines, so to speak… (don’t mind this random comment, though)

But anyway, to be sincere, I don’t really have the arguments to dispute whether one character is better than the other . For one, I haven’t read the Zero no Tsukaima novels (my bias/issues with Louise come only from the anime; and I heard she is somewhat different in the original version). On the other hand, my “feelings” towards Taiga come from reading the so-far translated novel/manga, with seven more volumes or so still in the process. So far, I just prefer Taiga over Louise, because I simply find her more likeable, even though, as you said, she presents some “anger management issues” and selfish behaviors.

Now, what I like about Taiga is certainly her very relationship with Ryuuji. They don’t have romantic feelings for each other, but they have a mutual understanding of what the other is going through (not so much for Taiga, though)—sharing also similar traits, feelings, and ultimately, the realization that they need help from the other. This relationship strongly reminded me of Welcome to NHK and some other novel/manga by the same author, where the “main couple,” so to speak, were “put together” not necessarily because they both harbored some kind of romantic feeling, but because of an underlying link, common interest, chemistry—however seems to fit—between two. In Taiga’s and Ryuuji’s case, they decided to stay “together” for the sole purpose that “it was better this way,” for all interests concerned. In this sense, I don’t see anything wrong having a crush with Kitamura, as it just makes this relationship more peculiar, if not stronger, given that Ryuuji has a crush on Minorin.

On a side note, a new scanlated chapter has been released today at “the usual place” (it may not be the same “usual” for others, though). Regarding the chapter, I was really waiting to see this in the manga from the time I read it in the novel a while ago—it was one of the highlights of the first volume. Anyway, I'm starting to like the illustrations on the chapter covers more and more.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 01:27   Link #63
Ultenth

FYI, you might want to spoiler some of the points about the future of their relationship that haven't yet been revealed in the manga as of yet. (since this is the manga thread)
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 05:10   Link #64
MooMooFarm

It's rather hard for most of us to compare. Novels for both are obviously hard to access for the general viewers, and manga wise, Toradora is much more emphasized than ZnT. ZnT however has a crapload of material in anime. Louis or Taiga ^__^ both are kind of the same to me, it's just pretty much about execution at this point. Like two same model cars but tuned differently and also driving on different courses. Hard to compare right? You can always say one drove a longer course, or one has a specific problem, but unless you find a easy to compare medium (novel if they have the same amount of length) then it's pointless to say so.

And of course, as a novel reader, you shouldn't spoil the rest of us! So no point to begin with!
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 05:12   Link #65
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Spoiler for chap 8:
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 05:31   Link #66
excelence

1 question... anyone know the isbn of the 2nd tankoubon of this series?... or they got the raw from Dengeki Monthly Magazine???
excelence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 06:13   Link #67
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by excelence View Post
1 question... anyone know the isbn of the 2nd tankoubon of this series?... or they got the raw from Dengeki Monthly Magazine???
There's no complete 2nd volume yet afaik, so yes recent v2 scans are taken from the magazine i suppose.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 07:19   Link #68
Vaelis
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
so yes recent v2 scans are taken from the magazine i suppose.
I confirm this, I'm using magazine scans
Vaelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 12:44   Link #69
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Judging from 8 chapters

Taiga > Louise -__-

she´s just so much more adorable, how cute she was when she was hungry aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhnnnnn
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 13:21   Link #70
Man0warr

Yacchan is my favorite character, can't wait to hear her in the anime.
Man0warr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 13:57   Link #71
Beo
where's the snow?

might have been posted already but any case, here is a translation of the first two vol.

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...le=Toradora%21
Beo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 02:28   Link #72
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
WHAT!? They ACTUALLY ended a chapter with some closure??? IMPOSSIBLE!
Spoiler for chap 11:
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 06:27   Link #73
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Now that's interesting.

Spoiler for ch 11:

P.S. frubam, I'd agree. Kitamura seems to be a lot sharper than Ryuuji's and Taiga's impression of him. If anything it's both of them that are the clueless ones.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 10:02   Link #74
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Now that's interesting.

Spoiler for ch 11:

P.S. frubam, I'd agree. Kitamura seems to be a lot sharper than Ryuuji's and Taiga's impression of him. If anything it's both of them that are the clueless ones.
Spoiler for ch11:

about Kitamura: I like the idea that he understood what Taiga really wanted to tell him but 'dumped' her in a gentle way to support Ryuuji's and Taiga's relationship.

Last edited by Waven; 2008-08-24 at 10:37.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 10:11   Link #75
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm kinda curious... just from looking at Taiga... in the anime, is her voice actor gonna be the same as Shana from Shakugan no Shana?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 10:49   Link #76
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I'm kinda curious... just from looking at Taiga... in the anime, is her voice actor gonna be the same as Shana from Shakugan no Shana?
Check the anime thread. Yes, Kugimiya Rie, as people would expected...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 11:07   Link #77
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Check the anime thread. Yes, Kugimiya Rie, as people would expected...
Theres an anime thread?!

I guess, everyone was expecting it huh? XD
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 15:55   Link #78
Ultenth

Hahah, and Kugimiya adds another one huh. Looks like she has cornered the market on loli tsundere's, if this fad keeps growing she's probably going to end up overworked, lol!
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 22:31   Link #79
excelence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
There's no complete 2nd volume yet afaik, so yes recent v2 scans are taken from the magazine i suppose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelis View Post
I confirm this, I'm using magazine scans
thx... i thought it's been released
excelence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 02:59   Link #80
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

i kinda wonder how can you bent a pole??? like that by just kicking hehehe
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shounen