AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 58 51.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 30.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 9.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.88%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.77%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-09, 00:25   Link #281
4Tran

Hmm... I haven't commented on this episode yet... Here we go then: WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece
My first glimpse at this discovery of an old Macross relic left me with a bit of a shock. "What? They found one of the old Macross ships?! Sweet! This must be some kind of turning point in the show! They found a superweapon!" Then in the episode where they 'actually' discover it, it dawns on me that this Macross ship belonged to a research fleet.
Well, the thing that most first-time viewers aren't necessarily going to get is that while the original SDF-1 Macross holds a lot of emotional and symbolic value, its technology had been greatly surpassed by the current human designs. Macross Quarter may be only about 1/25th the mass and volume of SDF-1, but it wouldn't be surprising if it had a similar amount of firepower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
I don’t recall a large Zentradi cruiser's firepower (Season 1) matching Macross's main canon.
I don't recall it ever being shown, but the Quiltra-Quelamitz Class ships should be roughly equivalent to SDF-1 in firepower. Indirectly, we can calculate the amount of firepower shown in episode 27 to get a rough idea of how much the individual Zentradi ships dish out. I suggest that if you want to discuss this point further, you're better off putting it in the Mecha thread.
Old 2008-07-09, 03:48   Link #282
Tabris

It's a quarter of the size, not a twentyfifth, that'd make it barely bigger than a couple of valks
Old 2008-07-09, 05:29   Link #283
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

With the debate here on some Macross universe stuff you might want to go to the Macross Universe thread starting with this post for some enlightenment.
Old 2008-07-09, 08:39   Link #284
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
It's a quarter of the size, not a twentyfifth, that'd make it barely bigger than a couple of valks
Macross Quarter (~400m) is probably about 1/3 the length of SDF-1 Macross (1210m). Volume and mass are 3-dimensional values, so 1/3 ^ 3 (or 1/27) gives a rough approximation of the relative mass/volume. I fudged that a little to get the 1/25 figure.
Old 2008-07-09, 09:52   Link #285
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

While the math is (kinda) right. Being 1/25 doesn't make sense for it being call Quarter.

I'd rather think it's only 1/4 the length of the New Macross (length ~1500m) class ship, hence the name.
Old 2008-07-09, 10:10   Link #286
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

That'd make it 1/30 of the old Macross, assuming the proportions are the same.
Old 2008-07-09, 11:12   Link #287
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
While the math is (kinda) right. Being 1/25 doesn't make sense for it being call Quarter.

I'd rather think it's only 1/4 the length of the New Macross (length ~1500m) class ship, hence the name.
The original SDF-1 was actually 1,210 meters. After refit 1,200 meters with ARMD.

The SDF-2 Megaroad was originally planned at 1,620 meters.

New Macross class at 1,510 meters.

Hence Macross Quarter is 400 meters.

For now we don't know whether the Global fits the SDF-2's original size specifications.
Old 2008-07-12, 03:43   Link #288
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Just watched Ep13 again... when Alto goes to Ranka while Brera is fighting the Vajra.

Totally reminded me of a Kira x Lacus reunion since the only two words out of Ranka's and Alto's mouths were "Alto" and "Ranka" respectively. I rofl'ed so hard.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-07-14, 04:20   Link #289
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
i really down after watched episode 13
i feel like Alto will be with Ranka than Sheryl

But i really hope Alto with Sheryl "sigh"
Old 2008-07-14, 04:34   Link #290
Westlo
Lets be reality

All I'll say is that if the writers don't "fool" you now they aren't doing their jobs. Stuff like Shana and ZnT don't count since those triangles/harems were never a contest.
Old 2008-07-14, 21:12   Link #291
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
All I'll say is that if the writers don't "fool" you now they aren't doing their jobs. Stuff like Shana and ZnT don't count since those triangles/harems were never a contest.
I think you can comfort him/her better if you can actually show him solid facts that the story is about become That Sheryl Show.
Old 2008-07-14, 21:44   Link #292
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
I think you can comfort him/her better if you can actually show him solid facts that the story is about become That Sheryl Show.
All he has to do is look at the Romance Thread to see all the facts he could possibly want.
Old 2008-07-15, 03:14   Link #293
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
*sigh* for possibly the tenth time you do realize that this doesn't need to become the Sheryl show for her to hook up with Alto.
Old 2008-07-15, 14:36   Link #294
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Just caught up with ep 13, about to watch 14.

I need some explanations on the following.

1. So Macross Global is the one that got attacked by Vajra before, and all of a sudden, now it's part of Grace's plan?

2. Is Grace's identity or background introduced yet, perhaps in another series of Macross (like is she part of a race that's already introduced), because she's not human, and she doesn't seem like she's teamed with Vajra either.

3. What is this Dimension Eater..

4. What happened with Ranka just now?

5. Did the series which had the Macross 117th fleet (this Global thing) show the Vajra being researched in that fleet?

6. Assuming that the Macross Global became a Vajra mothership after this episode... Meh I'll find out in Ep 14.

Nvm, I'll just keep watching to find out.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.

Last edited by ApostleOfGod; 2008-07-15 at 15:00.
Old 2008-07-16, 09:16   Link #295
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
2. Is Grace's identity or background introduced yet, perhaps in another series of Macross (like is she part of a race that's already introduced), because she's not human, and she doesn't seem like she's teamed with Vajra either.

3. What is this Dimension Eater..
2. She might be in some way connected to Sharon Apple from Macross Plus, very low chance but personally I wouldn't be surprised.

3. Big ass bomb that goes BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
Old 2009-09-27, 14:32   Link #296
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well well well, we certainly have a good conspiration here, I certainly didn't expect that, and I like when a series actually manages to surprise me. It was kind of obvious that manager-san was an agent since 7 episodes ago, but I only expected her to be part of a government conspiracy alongside with our mushroom haired government official. But its obvious that we have something bigger in here. A cybernetic human inner faction trying to advance evolution and eradicate the naturals? And it'd seem that our green haired friend will play the role of some kind of control device there. Oh, the possibilities.

And apparently Sheril is now good enough to be the copilot of a military airplane. Talk about being multi skilled.
Old 2009-09-27, 14:35   Link #297
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Oh, you ain't seen nothing yet. Sheryl is a goddess, she can do anything.

I'm only joking, of course. No need to shoot me, people...

Old 2009-09-27, 14:37   Link #298
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

As long as I don't see her suddenly climbing up the military ranks, commanding a fleet of Macross battleships saving the universe and getting Alto out of trouble I won't cry foul.

And when will we get Alto doing a private Kabuki performance for his friends? That's about the only reason I can still stomach his character.
Old 2009-09-27, 14:38   Link #299
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

How did you guess...? Wait, have you been reading spoilers?

Old 2009-09-27, 14:47   Link #300
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
And apparently Sheril is now good enough to be the copilot of a military airplane. Talk about being multi skilled.
She is, provided the plane in question is usually manned by one person.
Closed Thread