AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-13, 07:46   Link #61
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini_GamI View Post
I'm waiting for eps 2!! You guys think the girl(did she mention her name?), who showed up near the end of eps 1, would be the main character? Actually, would this be like Shuffle!? Another harem eh?
Spoiler:

-- And it's definitely a harem anime or it turning out to be a harem anime
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 13:40   Link #62
martino
makes no files now

I just watched the first episode, and it didn't exceed my expectations. There appeared to be quite many female characters in this anime so far. I wonder whether all these characters will be developed further, or whether it will just focus on the four new members and that girl that the main character met at the end...
Old 2006-10-13, 13:47   Link #63
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
I just watched the first episode, and it didn't exceed my expectations. There apeart to be quite many female characters in this anime so far. I wonder whether all these characters will be developed further, or whether it will just focus on the four new members and that girl that the main character met at the end...
That's what I was thinking about before. But I think the main focus of the series is the development of the 3rd batch. I think the first and second are just supporting characters no?
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-13, 13:51   Link #64
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
That's what I was thinking about before. But I think the main focus of the series is the development of the 3rd batch. I think the first and second are just supporting characters no?
Most likely... We'll just have to see how it will turn out later on.

//Offtopic: I just looked at your sig and you are watching the same shows as me!
Old 2006-10-13, 14:26   Link #65
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
//Offtopic: I just looked at your sig and you are watching the same shows as me!
Really? Apparently, out of all the animes that came out, these are the ones that peak my interest. There's a lot to watch but I can manage

--> Btw, their not only 4 girls on the third batch. There's 2 more coming. If you've seen episode 2 then you know who's the 5th one and probably the 6th. If not, then just go check the cover picture
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-13, 19:04   Link #66
Shini_GamI
YuI

Send a message via MSN to Shini_GamI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
Spoiler:
Exactly right!
Well, I think there might be more twists and turns as the anime progresses, just like the anime, "Shuffle!"
Shini_GamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 16:15   Link #67
Dark Morford
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Dark Morford Send a message via AIM to Dark Morford Send a message via MSN to Dark Morford
I'm definitely keeping my eye on this one. From what I've seen so far, it looks like a "false harem"; there's a bunch of cute girls, sure, but they aren't all "OMG I want your baby!" like the stereotypical harem show (see Shuffle, Maburaho).

Animation: Okay, but certainly not KyoAni level. Navel-style character design gets a bit monotonous, and a bit tricky to keep track of who's who.
Voice work: Excellent. Several names I'm familiar with, a few I'm not. They demonstrate well why Avex pays them the big bucks.
Music: Hit and miss. OP is decent but nothing to write home about, ED is addictive sugar. One of those that gets in your head and won't leave. I wasn't terribly impressed with the two Lovedol songs in the first episode, but "Hateshi no nai Sora" (Mizuki's guitar song) is love. I may need to pull out my guitar and try to figure it out.

Overall, it's a cute show that doesn't look to require too much brainpower to enjoy. This'll be staying on my list until it's finished.

...Tatta hitotsu no yume doko mademo oikakete. Yukou...
Dark Morford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 00:50   Link #68
Catnips

I think the anime version was really good though i wish they've retained the seiyuus from the Drama CD version but at least Sakura Nogawa was there and the new voice actresses the like likes of Nakahara Mai and Yuko Goto was there!!
Catnips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 03:15   Link #69
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
...Also, the character designs makes them look a bit too similar to one another, so I can't tell remember who is who.
Try this rough chart showing pics, names and seiyuus. Works for me. It's hair color and hairstyle that distinguishes them, as usual.

I enjoyed ep3. The time just seemed to fly by. It seems pretty poorly done -- not even as dramatic as Lemon Angel Project, really. But I enjoyed the little bit of music in this ep. And I like nice.

It's fun to listen to some great moe seiyuu. Acting is not being required, just a cute voice. And there are six of them. Chihara Minori is doing great, in my opinion.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 03:53   Link #70
whyrd

DAmn i waiting to see ep3 and doesn't the manager of the 3rd batch look to old to have a relationship with any of the girls? He looks like hes in his 20's
whyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 08:34   Link #71
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyrd View Post
DAmn i waiting to see ep3 and doesn't the manager of the 3rd batch look to old to have a relationship with any of the girls? He looks like hes in his 20's
IMO, I think it's not a big deal. Well, most of them are close to turning 20's so it's not a problem.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-17, 10:15   Link #72
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

argh... what a waste of voice talent (sorry, Kaoru Chujo ) .... this could have been a much more subversive show poking at the industry (kind of like a couple of recent american series that do a fair job of skewering their own entertainment industry).
Old 2006-10-17, 12:58   Link #73
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
argh... what a waste of voice talent (sorry, Kaoru Chujo ) .... this could have been a much more subversive show poking at the industry (kind of like a couple of recent american series that do a fair job of skewering their own entertainment industry).
Not really disagreeing with you. It's not a great show. The director and chief writer did Amenaideyo, so I didn't expect much.

But I'm still enjoying it. I definitely do not need to see any "skewering." A nice success story with pleasant characters and some music will do for me. But Tina Fey in anime? Hmmm. Sounds like a good project. Better still, Garry Shandling.

And having seen Lemon Angel Project, I'm not actually expecting any romance. Just friendship among the girls. If there is romance, it could be between the manager and the independent singer (Mizuki@Sakura Nogawa). But that doesn't seem like good business to me, and he appears to be a professional. Of course, the fact that his one sister is another manager in the company and his other sister is in the group isn't that professional, so maybe.

For anyone who reads Japanese, there is a characters page on the official site that gives more detail than anyone could ever process about each of the six main girls, including full backstories.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-10-17, 13:14   Link #74
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyrd View Post
I don't think that there's anything bad with that. I've seen a bigger age difference(in real life). Wait...how old are the girls in the 3rd batch???

Anyway...he's got quite many girls to choose from
(I wish I was that lucky)
Old 2006-10-17, 13:43   Link #75
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
It's hair color and hairstyle that distinguishes them, as usual.
In this case they do seem even more similar than usual, though. But then again, I tend to remember characters by their personality (not to mention that I have a very bad memory for names) and from episode one it's kind of hard to differentiate between their characters. Thanks for the chart, though, might be an useful reference tool. Looking at the chart and all the bows and ribbons I wonder if there are real life idols with ribbons.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 14:06   Link #76
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
I don't think that there's anything bad with that. I've seen a bigger age difference(in real life). Wait...how old are the girls in the 3rd batch???

Anyway...he's got quite many girls to choose from
(I wish I was that lucky)
Probably somewhere around 14 - 16 years old. Typical teenage years where they blossom the best. And yes, he's pretty lucky. He even get the 1st and 2nd batch girls too

-- I just finished watching episode 3
Spoiler:

-- It's already episode 3 and the sub for 2 is not out yet. Hurry please
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-17, 14:56   Link #77
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Probably somewhere around 14 - 16 years old. Typical teenage years where they blossom the best. And yes, he's pretty lucky. He even get the 1st and 2nd batch girls too

-- I just finished watching episode 3
Spoiler:

-- It's already episode 3 and the sub for 2 is not out yet. Hurry please
Ahhh... the age of love (for anime). They(meaning the japanese creators) sure love using junior high students about to be high school students for anime, don't they? Then the seniors.

Too bad it's not right after the teen years. I like to call those years (20-25), the ages of Unrationalization.

ps: I do hope it's good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Lemon Angel Project must have worked for Avex Mode, so they decided to do a second version with more money: top seiyuus, better animation, more music. Sure it's hard to keep the characters straight. Sure we've seen this before. Sure there was faaar too much fairly average music right at the beginning (I thought: will anyone ever actually speak?) And more fanservice (especially crotch shots). And an imouto. And yet...I liked it.

Of course, I liked Lemon Angel Project, too, so that may not prove much. I must be beginning to understand the Japanese idol phenomenon. After all, I watch Kirarin Revolution, too. Anyway, I love any show with scenes on a pedestrian overpass, lol. Takes me right back to Japan.

Contrary to what someone else said, the seiyuus were good. I didn't really know Momoi Haruko before, and I liked her deep, soft voice. Chihara Minori (Yuki in SHnY, Erika in Lemon Angel Project). Gotou Yuuko (Mikuru in SHnY, Nanami in Lamune). Nogawa Sakura (Nemu, Hinaichigo, Ayumi in Magikano). Nakahara Mai (Nagisa in StoPani, Mai in Mai-HiME, Rena in Higurashi, etc.). Sakai Kanako (Aka in REC). Your basic fabulous line-up. They didn't get a chance to do much in this episode, but if they get some script, they have the ability to run with it.

Getting the script may be the problem, since the director and the main scriptwriter did Amenaideyo. But the main scriptwriter also did series composition for Utawarerumono, and the series composition guy worked on Galaxy Angel, Maburaho, and Mahoraba, so we'll see what happens -- or at least I will, since I'll be back next week, if no-one else will. Links to info about the staff/cast are in the fall anime calendar in my sig.

EDIT: And just to prove what a nutcase I am about seiyuus, here is a visual key to which character is voiced by which seiyuu.

EDIT 2: Yes, what relentlessflame says is right: the first throng of idols are bit players. The real stars are the four girls (plus two) that appear later.
I agree with this too. The anime couldv'e been more redefined than it was, while it was pertty good series, I found it to be displeasing after about 6 episodes so I stop watching the rest. The OP was quite nice though, the ending couldv'e used some progress too.

ps: OMG, character designs looks 99% similar to each other. It's sorta hard to distinguish b/t them.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2006-10-17 at 15:16.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 16:10   Link #78
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
ps: OMG, character designs looks 99% similar to each other. It's sorta hard to distinguish b/t them.
True. Our saviour is hair colour though!
Old 2006-10-17, 17:34   Link #79
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I updated the character chart with pics of the seiyuus.

And it seems that the male manager used to manage the first group of idols, since a couple of them show up in eps 2-3 and say how much they liked him being their manager. But the whole emphasis of the show appears to be on the third group. The first two groups are what they are trying to achieve.

As for real idol groups, I don't know much, but here are some videos from YouTube:

Morning Musume, the longest-lasting group, which keeps renewing itself with new generations of members.

Berryz Koubou, a very young group (average age 12 in that video) who can just about sing and just about dance and are quite entertaining, especially if you judge by the chanting, jumping fans in their concert videos. The shortest one, called Saki, is their "captain."

Robo Kiss, with appendages hanging off them that are not quite ribbons.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-10-17 at 18:29.
Old 2006-10-18, 05:28   Link #80
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
As for real idol groups, I don't know much, but here are some videos from YouTube:

Morning Musume, the longest-lasting group, which keeps renewing itself with new generations of members.

Berryz Koubou, a very young group (average age 12 in that video) who can just about sing and just about dance and are quite entertaining, especially if you judge by the chanting, jumping fans in their concert videos. The shortest one, called Saki, is their "captain."

Robo Kiss, with appendages hanging off them that are not quite ribbons.
OK, now that is just kinda scary...for a European like me. I think I still prefer X Japan more

But are any of these groups any popular???

Tags
aic, comedy, drama, enterbrain, idol, princess soft, romance, slice of life, tnk