AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-06, 17:51   Link #21
Vesaas

Never read the manga of this show, so I didn't have anything to compare it to.....in other words: I loved it!!!

Btw, has anyone seen a show with better music?!?

And don't give me a Macross here, they just play the same song (maybe 2-3 at the most) over and over again!
Old 2004-02-08, 22:03   Link #22
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

As already stated, the manga is way better.

The anime quite faithfully followed the manga till just after the Valentine Brothers (though you could see that the producers were going to veer away from the manga's plot near the start). After this, they went with the stupid conclusion in the anime.

Most probably it was the Neo-Nazis and high gore factor that scared them off into making the anime a faithful adapatation of the manga.
Old 2004-02-10, 12:26   Link #23
Kanesuke
Gender Clarifier

I've only seen three episodes of Hellsing, but from what I have seen, it looks like a really good anime. Now I've just got to find the manga somewhere.
Old 2004-02-10, 17:06   Link #24
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

I love the show. The music, the art style, the characters, the voices. Everything was cool but you do want more of a story. Ceres Victoria is a bit more bloodthirsty in the manga but she isnt the only character they changed. Integra is a bit different as well. It seems they toned down the female characters. I wonder why. The manga also has a comic undertone to the excessive violence, almost as it to admit that its over the top.
Old 2004-02-17, 23:55   Link #25
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

a lot of u r complaining bout the ending but i thought it was a lot like the Eva.....very open ended. I'm not a manga reader so i cant compare but it was really above avg.
Old 2004-02-18, 00:45   Link #26
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
a lot of u r complaining bout the ending but i thought it was a lot like the Eva.....very open ended. I'm not a manga reader so i cant compare but it was really above avg.
In Evagelion, we know that all the stuff was occuring in Shinji's head and there the series ended without telling what happened in the physical world. So that is open-ended but logical.

What happened in anime Hellsing was a big mess of a confusion.

Pick up manga Hellsing. If you think you enjoyed anime Hellsing 100%, manga Hellsing's enjoyment would be 400%...
Old 2004-02-18, 10:00   Link #27
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

the only question i had throughout the anime was why is Seras so goddam weak? Isnt she a vampire too? I mean how can she die from a single cut from that magic vampire dude in the last few episode when arucard was still up and standing from like 5 cuts....she also doesnt seem to have much of the regenerative abilities of arucard...
Old 2004-02-18, 10:24   Link #28
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
Yeah, Hellshing and Vimpire D: Blood Lust are the best vampire shows ever.

And for those who said that Shingetusan !#@ (i don't know how to spell it) is better than these vampire shows. I think that hey are worng because that anime doesn't have much relation with vampires. It has no action and terror. In another words it is not an anime about vampires.

So yeah Hellshing and Vampire D are the best vampire shows ever.
It's spelled "Shingetsutan Tsukihime."

Um, two of Tsukihime's main characters are vampires. What more do you want? Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust may have fantastic battle sequences, but it's not exactly terrifying. And while Tsukihime is more of an atmospheric show, it does feature an adequate amount of action.

Anyway, I'm interested in seeing Hellsing. Alucard seems like a pretty interesting character.
Old 2004-02-18, 11:47   Link #29
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
It's spelled "Shingetsutan Tsukihime."

Um, two of Tsukihime's main characters are vampires. What more do you want? Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust may have fantastic battle sequences, but it's not exactly terrifying. And while Tsukihime is more of an atmospheric show, it does feature an adequate amount of action.

Anyway, I'm interested in seeing Hellsing. Alucard seems like a pretty interesting character.
I'll give a thumbs up on Tsukihime as a very good anime to watch.

Don't classify it was a action show. You don't watch it for action and campy premise as a "vampire show". It's atmosphere immerses you into the story and character developments/interactions. The fighting is short, to the point without being too flashy.

Hellsing belongs to the action genre more, Tsukihime is story-driven.
Old 2004-02-18, 13:56   Link #30
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
I'll give a thumbs up on Tsukihime as a very good anime to watch.

Don't classify it was a action show. You don't watch it for action and campy premise as a "vampire show". It's atmosphere immerses you into the story and character developments/interactions. The fighting is short, to the point without being too flashy.

Hellsing belongs to the action genre more, Tsukihime is story-driven.
Yes, that's why I like Tsukihime. In any event, it's infinitely superior to the Vampire Princess Miyu TV series.

I'm wondering whether Hellsing has much substance beneath its style. It'd be nice if someone could discuss the non-action-related aspects of the show.
Old 2004-02-20, 03:48   Link #31
CrimsonFury
Behold the Fury

Shingetsutan Tsukihime is about vampires.....jeeez some ppl

Everyone has thier own take on the way they want to do things. Vampire hunter D, Hellsing, and Shingetsutan Tsukihime are all anime's involving Vampire's I like alot. However comparing them is just plain stupid, there just too different. It's kinda like comparing Margarin and Butter...
Old 2004-02-21, 12:27   Link #32
Sabin

Send a message via ICQ to Sabin Send a message via AIM to Sabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesaas
Never read the manga of this show, so I didn't have anything to compare it to.....in other words: I loved it!!!

Btw, has anyone seen a show with better music?!?

And don't give me a Macross here, they just play the same song (maybe 2-3 at the most) over and over again!

The music was pretty good but there are better shows for music. FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, Noir and .hack to name a few.

On the other hand i was surprised to ifnd that the ending theme was done by Mr. Big who dissappeared from the north american music scene pretty quickl after being a one hit wonder back in the early 90s.

I personally loved this anime but the ending REALLY bothered me. I still get a little worked up thinking about how it just leaves you hanging at the end. I have heard runmours that Gonzo had started planning a second season but canned it due to a lack of interest in the first season in Japan.
Old 2004-02-21, 17:42   Link #33
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

if you want music, u should watch Gundam Seed. That series had the best osts I've seen yet and the Hellsing sound track is very good too. 2 Bad the CD doesnt have much songs in it that i like.

About the none action parts of the anime.....imo the storyline is strongly ethical and historical. I might be overanalyzing this a bit but the hypocracy of the Hellsing family in using a vampire as their elite while they most despise vampires is the same thing as the caucasians treating the African-Americans as beasts yet raping their females. I believe that the writer intended put some hidden msg in this anime and although it doesnt have too much of a character development, it is a pretty decent anime even without the action.
Old 2004-02-22, 07:34   Link #34
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
I disliked the anime, the story didnt satisfie me and there was alot of things that didnt ended at the end of the anime...
Old 2004-02-22, 08:01   Link #35
Tabiree
FUNimation's Gen Fukunaga

Quote:
I might be overanalyzing this a bit but the hypocracy of the Hellsing family in using a vampire as their elite while they most despise vampires is the same thing as the caucasians treating the African-Americans as beasts yet raping their females. I believe that the writer intended put some hidden msg in this anime
You are over-analysing, because thats connecting dot a to dot b to dot 43
Old 2004-02-22, 08:09   Link #36
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabiree
You are over-analysing, because thats connecting dot a to dot b to dot 43
its not as complicated as what u all think.. its only an anime though ..
Old 2004-02-22, 08:21   Link #37
Tabiree
FUNimation's Gen Fukunaga

I never said it was complicated, I'm just saying Hellsing doesnt have hidden anti racist propaganda lying underneath it.
Old 2004-02-22, 08:24   Link #38
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

The best benefit to watching the anime is to watch Alucard be cool and slaughter enemies. In other words, for the action.

If you want that and more, read the manga.
Old 2004-02-22, 08:40   Link #39
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabiree
I never said it was complicated, I'm just saying Hellsing doesnt have hidden anti racist propaganda lying underneath it.
so sorry , i quoted the wrong user, bud anyway i'm referring to the one who says its about raping african american, hellsing doesnt contain such hidden meaning,
Old 2004-02-22, 11:08   Link #40
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

ah i gotta stop thinkin too much nd just go back to DBZish anime with no meaning watsoever.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, gonzo, horror