AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-22, 10:15   Link #301
devildog23
Summerlurking

This anime totally blew me away. How did an anime about bicycle racing have such an effect?

So with the Tour de France ending, the possibilities for season two are slim aren't they? Still I really hope there is a season 2. I heard the manga is still ongoing I might have to start reading it.
devildog23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 12:24   Link #302
Leaderz0rz
That one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazex View Post
though i want a second season badly i think it'd be pretty hard.seeing how they mentioned the tour was the final stage and dream for all....
that last 5 seconds was badass seeing them in the tour and all but that means they skipped potentially showing them training up, competing more, and buiding up to tour cycing level

Not really true because in the first episode they showed Shinozaki in the Tour De France as well. We all know they are going there how they get there could still be determined in a new season.
Leaderz0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 13:29   Link #303
kamikazex

i hope so man...cuz damn this stuff was great to watch
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 18:53   Link #304
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Just finished this series, i know this is itching for a second season, I mean those scenes of them in the tour de france is trying to tell us something---> 2nd season!!!
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 20:50   Link #305
strategos

I've been wondering. If the manga of this anime is oveR? Any hopes for this series getting a second season?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 20:55   Link #306
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
I've been wondering. If the manga of this anime is oveR? Any hopes for this series getting a second season?
1.No it's not over.

2. Anybody's guess at this point in time.
Old 2008-01-23, 00:08   Link #307
reflection
gyabo!~

Send a message via MSN to reflection
Finished the series last night. Great watch. Oh yeah, I love the episode titles.

Why is it that these sports series animes are quickly picked up, but their manga counterparts nobody seems interestd in? Most of the time, animes spawn from the popularity of the manga series don't they? Bah... a little rant, because I'm need more of this! =D
Old 2008-01-23, 00:32   Link #308
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

shinozaki mikoto and fukazawa yuki reminds me of akitsuki yamato and asahina suzuka
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 01:54   Link #309
esco

What a great anime, the description or synopsis of this anime probably turned away a lot of possible viewers. Not that theirs anything wrong with the descriptions but it's one of those anime's that goes beyond it's genre in terms of how anyone can relate to and because it's worth watching no matter what you're usually into.
esco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 02:42   Link #310
kamikazex

"Shinozaki Mikoto is a student who's life is really routine. Going to school, going home, going to school, going home...nothing changes....until the day the girl he likes talks to him and introduces him to bicycling. His life now has a new meaning, and a bright path has shown itself to Shinozaki. Experiencing both failure and success throughout his training, he works hard to become the best cyclist in the world."
lol OH BOY
i watched this series because i was dead bored and didnt expect anything out of it...but it turned out to be awesome and very great series
Old 2008-01-23, 04:25   Link #311
psycrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazex View Post
i watched this series because i was dead bored and didnt expect anything out of it...but it turned out to be awesome and very great series
lol same...hope there is a next season
psycrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 11:29   Link #312
Hikikomori Ja nai
Pony-tails Turn me on >_<

Send a message via AIM to Hikikomori Ja nai
I absolutely love Fukazawa, just such a smexy and well thought out female lead. She has here issue's and isn't just like some normal ditzy popular girl who doesn't have a care in the world.
Hikikomori Ja nai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 11:32   Link #313
hai_san

i wish some group would pick up the manga... i want to know what will happened afterward... how will Mikoto make it to the Tour de France and become the world best cyclist?
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 15:02   Link #314
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
i wish some group would pick up the manga... i want to know what will happened afterward... how will Mikoto make it to the Tour de France and become the world best cyclist?
I don't think that is his most difficult challenge. Considering how accomplished he is after only a month of bike riding, it seems only natural. A much more diffucult challenge is this: How they heck did he convince Yosuke to let him be the ace?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 15:37   Link #315
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I don't think that is his most difficult challenge. Considering how accomplished he is after only a month of bike riding, it seems only natural. A much more diffucult challenge is this: How they heck did he convince Yosuke to let him be the ace?
True. But I wan't to know more about the romance with the girl (forgot name) i mean he confessed. We know she has feeling for him or the beginning of them. WTF!!!! happens between them
Old 2008-01-23, 16:13   Link #316
kamikazex

seriously.....soo close yet so far
Old 2008-01-23, 19:04   Link #317
Jarppa

Manga has something like 26 volumes atm. How many volumes did anime cover?
Does anyone know that? They prolly doesn't continue before there is enough material for 2 season anyway or even there is enough was this popular? or good money on dvd sale?

Atleast I did like this and I wish that there will be atleast new season.
Jarppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 00:25   Link #318
Sinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
shinozaki mikoto and fukazawa yuki reminds me of akitsuki yamato and asahina suzuka
except less retarded
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 00:44   Link #319
Hikikomori Ja nai
Pony-tails Turn me on >_<

Send a message via AIM to Hikikomori Ja nai
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
True. But I wan't to know more about the romance with the girl (forgot name) i mean he confessed. We know she has feeling for him or the beginning of them. WTF!!!! happens between them

I think the lightning masked his confession and then Yosuke came in, so it wasn't a complete confession. But im pretty sure she understood, im sure she has understood for a while now that Makoto is interested in her.

I wonder if they are gonna make some sort of love triangle with Megame-oujo-san. That would be a bit interesting. I rarely have the urge to look at the manga before the anime, but with no season 2 in sight I must follow the story! A story of this caliber must be finished....
Hikikomori Ja nai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 02:41   Link #320
jlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikikomori Ja nai View Post
I rarely have the urge to look at the manga before the anime, but with no season 2 in sight I must follow the story! A story of this caliber must be finished....
i totally agree
jlee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, sports