AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-14, 19:46   Link #301
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 7

People are annoyed at Kuri for being a bit outspoken. My view is, as annoying as they can be sometimes, the world needs people who aren't afraid of calling it as they see it.

But it struck me as a strange time to come out. Which makes me think this was something of a ploy on Sugimoto's behalf, and that she needed Fumi there to convince her family that she was in fact a lesbian. It kinda backfired, since Kuri in particular was far from sold, but it looks like the family knows something about Sugimoto's past relationship(s) that we don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Spoiler for ep.7:
I've had problems with the vocal casting in this anime the entire time. Hardly any of the characters feel like their voices match their respective characters at first. As soon as I finally get used to one character's voice, another pops that feels like a mismatch.

Edit: And I've probably said it before, but how good is Kasai's directing. He's easily as deft as Shinbo, but doesn't include a song and dance to draw attention to it.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 20:57   Link #302
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Not so sure about the Shino-love anymore, because when I think about it straightly, almost every renowned anime directors do a better job than him.
My opinion is that most of them aren't really Shinbou shows. Much like Steven Spielburg or Shigeru Miyamoto, the name is a marketing stamp.

If you think about it, how can one man be involved with so many productions? While Shinbou tops the chain of command, it's really the Production Director who executes the show. He's the one who works closely with the storyboarders (often doing a few episodes himself) and supervises the actual production.

You could probably say that Shinbou instructs the director and sets the basic specifications, but it's more of a hands-off role. Some have observed that while a Shinbou signature is always present, the shows vary wildly in style, quality, and execution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I have high hopes of a second season
I hope so too, but I'm not holding my breath. In terms of TV ratings, there's nothing to be said, and I find it doubtful that DVD sales will save this one.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2009-08-16 at 04:07. Reason: please use the "edit" or the "multiquote" button instead of double posting
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 22:17   Link #303
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
I hope so too, but I'm not holding my breath. In terms of TV ratings, there's nothing to be said, and I find it doubtful that DVD sales will save this one.
It's a pity Ellen DeGeneris couldn't have the cast visit her show. With that much publicity on a daytime talk show, there might be enough of an audience to help with the DVD sales - particularly if she gives everyone in the audience the first disc... In which case I want tickets to that episode
Old 2009-08-15, 06:08   Link #304
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
My opinion is that most of them aren't really Shinbou shows. Much like Steven Spielburg or Shigeru Miyamoto, the name is a marketing stamp.

If you think about it, how can one man be involved with so many productions? While Shinbou tops the chain of command, it's really the Production Director who executes the show. He's the one who works closely with the storyboarders (often doing a few episodes himself) and supervises the actual production.

You could probably say that Shinbou instructs the director and sets the basic specifications, but it's more of a hands-off role. Some have observed that while a Shinbou signature is always present, the shows vary wildly in style, quality, and execution.
I agree with that quite a bit actually. While I'm starting to get annoyed at Shinbo's Shinbo-isms (he seems to take the SHAFT brand a bit too much of a self-described stamp so to speak. It gets a bit too coy sometimes..), he does have flashes of brilliance and then some boneheaded stuff the next. Actually, it's sort of like Miyamoto's hand-me-down projects in Nintendo nowadays. Now it's full of a few classics with a load of iffy or outright stupid projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I might have agreed with SuperKnuckles about Shinbou before I saw Bakemonogatari. Maybe it drove SuperK one direction and me the other, lol. I've always loved the look and rhythms of Shinbou's shows. But Bakemonogatari gives him something deeper to work from.
The thing with that show in particular, to me, is how they are cutting so much corners as an anime, an 'animated' show, that it is more like watching a novel/graphic novel than a true anime. At least the plot itself is interesting, but man, you know the budget is getting TIGHT when they pass off real photographs that are photoshopped transfixed with overt amounts of on-screen-words as animation. I don't know. Maybe I'm blaming SHAFT here. But Shinboisms get more annoying to me when half of the entire show becomes words and still-scenes with awkward camera angles. I guess I still sort of see that as his charm though. Even if it's not sitting right in my stomach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Ep 7

People are annoyed at Kuri for being a bit outspoken. My view is, as annoying as they can be sometimes, the world needs people who aren't afraid of calling it as they see it.

But it struck me as a strange time to come out. Which makes me think this was something of a ploy on Sugimoto's behalf, and that she needed Fumi there to convince her family that she was in fact a lesbian. It kinda backfired, since Kuri in particular was far from sold, but it looks like the family knows something about Sugimoto's past relationship(s) that we don't know.
There's one thing about voicing something, then another to be blunt about it. I guess you can call it 'tactless'. I mean, it's clear that Yasuko got problems. It just looks to me like Kuri is just being blockheaded about it. In most anime, I guess that could be the 'anime character who blurts out the truth' syndrome, but the way the anime portrays it, it just looks like she's just being a bit of a bully. But I could be wrong and it could still be that trope..

Quote:
I've had problems with the vocal casting in this anime the entire time. Hardly any of the characters feel like their voices match their respective characters at first. As soon as I finally get used to one character's voice, another pops that feels like a mismatch.
Heh, I like that aspect in a way, because that's sort of like how it is in real life. Sometimes the voices doesn't match the face.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 02:48   Link #305
textgirl

i love it i think that kuri was right on target to sempais intentions and i loved it also too i got to see how sempai really is towards fumi and it reminded me why i dont like sempai in the frist palce

the only thing i dont like is the voice casting for the sisters i think it was totally off in some area but i got use to it
textgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 04:02   Link #306
Bath-Teth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
All this manga talk makes me want to read it, but I'm patiently waiting until the anime is finished.
No kidding. It's really hard not to get the manga and read it. A week can be really long and if I'm hooked by a manga or anime like I am with Aoi Hana, I'm not the most patient there is. But luckily I'm stubborn enough to ignore my impatience.

@Sinestra and Kazu-kun:

If the answer to my question needs a spoiler-tag, I won't read it, but I can pretty much guess the answer and the possible connection about these 2 sisters. If my guess is right the whole situation and relationship between these sisters is much more complicated than I thought.

@Kaoru Chujo:

A second season would be awesome. Is the manga released weekly, bi-weekly or only once a month? How much more chapters do they need in your opinion to cover another 11 or 13 episodes? Is the anime/manga well-received enough to get hopes up for a second season?

Sorry for all the question, but you seem to be pretty knowledgeable about these things.
Bath-Teth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 04:05   Link #307
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bath-Teth View Post
How much more chapters do they need in your opinion to cover another 11 or 13 episodes? Is the anime/manga well-received enough to get hopes up for a second season?
So does the fact that i already answered this not count?

& the tv-rating topic was already mentioned by TJR.
Old 2009-08-16, 04:18   Link #308
Bath-Teth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
So does the fact that i already answered this not count?

& the tv-rating topic was already mentioned by TJR.
Sorry I must've missed your post. From the first post here I only know the manga has currently 4 volumes, there's nothing stated about the time between a chapter release or the number of chapters an episode usually covers.

So TJR's: "...there's nothing to be said..." means the ratings aren't high enough to hope for a 2nd season?

Doesn't sound promising...
Old 2009-08-16, 06:35   Link #309
pkgirl163

Send a message via AIM to pkgirl163 Send a message via MSN to pkgirl163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bath-Teth View Post
Is the manga released weekly, bi-weekly or only once a month? How much more chapters do they need in your opinion to cover another 11 or 13 episodes?
The manga is released once every two months. This works out to one volume per year. So volume 5 will not be out until next spring or so.
As other people have said, it looks like the anime is going to cover the first three volumes of the manga. Depending on the pacing, I suppose they could theoretically do another 11 episodes from what is out there now, but that's far less material than what they're working from now.
pkgirl163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 15:08   Link #310
Bath-Teth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkgirl163 View Post
The manga is released once every two months. This works out to one volume per year. So volume 5 will not be out until next spring or so.
As other people have said, it looks like the anime is going to cover the first three volumes of the manga. Depending on the pacing, I suppose they could theoretically do another 11 episodes from what is out there now, but that's far less material than what they're working from now.
Thank you. Only 1 chapter every 2 month? That's even slower than Girl Friends. So a 2nd season is not in sight, probably.
Old 2009-08-16, 20:07   Link #311
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
This maybe slightly be insignificant but i just feel the need to post on it anyway. Sugimoto is a great to watch her and i love how this past episode finally tore down the imaginary of her having things together. One of the aspects i felt was done well was in how they presented her in normal clothes in the manga. I just noticed that they changed a little bit of doing of the anime not really a big deal. However in the manga they managed to give her a feminine look while ot down playing her masculine side and they did this quite well in her style of her dress. They went for more of the tomboyish look during Fumi's visit to her house in the anime. In the manga they combined the two which i thought was perfect because it complimented Sugimotos personality excellently.

Like i said nothing big just something i have noticed.
Old 2009-08-19, 14:40   Link #312
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 08:
Old 2009-08-19, 15:01   Link #313
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

So this show is only going to have 11 episodes instead of 12 or 13? Wow, that's super short, then again, from that list it looks like they are hopschocking over all the different volumes so there would be less material to work with that way...
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 15:05   Link #314
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
So this show is only going to have 11 episodes instead of 12 or 13? Wow, that's super short, then again, from that list it looks like they are hopschocking over all the different volumes so there would be less material to work with that way...
There's no jumping around with material here. It's only now and then (this weeks episode for example) where they switched scenes around, though they both appeared in the same chapter. Where are you hearing this?
Old 2009-08-19, 15:09   Link #315
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Ah my bad, I was skimmng the episode list on the previous page and started mixing up manga and volume numbers so I was getting thrown off a little. Please ignore my confused-ness...
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 06:23   Link #316
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Man, Ikumi really broke down that episode. I know she was a high strung girl to begin with, but she was just BEGGING for a punch/slap/kick by Kyouko right there. Honestly, I wonder what good can ever come of something like this. Kyouko really is being pushed into a corner there. Though a lot of it has come from her own insecurities.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 08:52   Link #317
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The soundtrack's out this Wednesday 26th (my birthday as well, what perfect timing). Anyone here preordered a copy yet?
Old 2009-08-20, 11:45   Link #318
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 08:
I havent watched the episode yet but it sounds like they expanded on one of my favorite and emotional parts of the manga in the anime. Which could make it just that much more emotional. Must make an effort to watch the episode tonight.
Quote:
The soundtrack's out this Wednesday 26th (my birthday as well, what perfect timing). Anyone here preordered a copy yet?
I am pre-ordering it when i get off from work, left my credit card at home that is if i ever get out here i hate being rich peoples pawn lol.
Old 2009-08-20, 12:38   Link #319
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

That was nice.
Spoiler for ep8:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-08-20 at 15:48.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 13:20   Link #320
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

This is completely awesome, and a must buy for everyone.

Tags
drama, romance, school life, yuri