AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2012-09-24, 16:18   Link #261
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
OH MY GOSH! CLARK KENT IS SUPERMAN?! Where's that report button? That is so an unmarked spoiler!

Kidding. Still, it's a good thing this wasn't "Major Madoka spoiler in the middle of a CCS fic" instead. That would've been quite nasty.

Ah well, may as well comment on this as well, no?

Spoiler for Magical Justice: Men in Tights:

A funny, nicely done interlude. Nice work there.

Now hurry up with the rest of PPPL/ML/12/MIA. What? I'm kidding! I'm well aware of your schedule problems, so take your time.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 23:08   Link #262
Homucifer
Banned

Oh man a Madoka VN in english? Im downloading it now thanks, hope there is more.

Ok I finished it, and it was really short (most disappointing thing) (I'll start reading the fanfic now)

Added it to VNDB. http://vndb.org/v11379

Last edited by Homucifer; 2012-10-25 at 13:44.
Homucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 20:11   Link #263
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by littshepkid View Post
Oh man a Madoka VN in english? Im downloading it now thanks, hope there is more.

Ok I finished it, and it was really short (most disappointing thing) (I'll start reading the fanfic now)

While I really appreciated you adding that to VNDB (I didn't even know fanworks could go up there), please edit that to state that it's just a demo (otherwise, it'll disappoint a lot of people ). What's done in VN format so far was basically a test run of the first few chapters to see if Kimidori's VN approach, and my writing style, would translate well to an actual VN.

Hopefully Kimidori will have a much-longer demo out in the near future, which will incorporate some real romance scenes.

Anyway, I'm now working on the other two endings for Madoka Is Alone, and I hope to have them done within the next 2 or 3 days.

I hope you enjoy what I've wrote of the fanfic so far! A couple major Madoka romance routes are already completed, thankfully.
Old 2012-10-26, 20:13   Link #264
Homucifer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Please edit that to state that it's just a demo. It was basically a test run of the first few chapters to see if my writing style would translate well to a VN-format.

Hopefully Kimidori will have a much-longer demo out soon, which will incorporate some real romance scenes.

Anyway, I'm working on the other two endings for Madoka Is Alone now, and I hope to have them done within the next 2 or 3 days.

I hope you enjoy what I've wrote of the fanfic so far! A couple major Madoka romance routes are already completed, thankfully.
Where are you going to get the pictures for the "romance scenes"? There are no such things in the anime.
Ok I did.
Old 2012-10-26, 20:18   Link #265
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Where are you going to get the pictures for the "romance scenes"? There are no such things in the anime.
Ok I did.
Thanks!

We'll probably be incorporating some fanart into it, while I think Kimidori will be drawing some pictures himself.

Admittedly, it'll be less smooth than an actual eroge, but I hope it gets the job done at least.
Old 2012-10-26, 20:20   Link #266
Homucifer
Banned

Quote:
Thanks!

We'll probably be incorporating some fanart into it, while I think Kimidori will be drawing some pictures himself.

Admittedly, it'll be less smooth than an actual eroge, but I hope it gets the job done at least.
You should add some ero scenes in it.
Old 2012-11-11, 20:48   Link #267
Triple_R
*Author

Important Note: I strongly encourage re-reading the "Madoka Is Alone" section in the post linked to within "Madoka Is Alone" below. This is probably necessary to refresh your memory on a narrative chain that hasn't been touched on in a long time...

Mami Lives Chapter 12
Madoka is Alone, Will Sayaka Choose Red or Yellow? Finale

The witch fight we are facing now is an unusual one, to say the least. Most importantly, this witch has had no fewer than four fearsome familiars fighting for her! Kyouko and I managed to defeat the first two, but the remaining two are proving to be quite the challenge…

First it was some weird creature shaped like a teenaged girl, but with a ‘head’ that was just a big mouth surrounded by endless blonde hair. Her screeching, deafening noise was annoying enough, but even worse was trying to take down that trampy familiar while she bounced up and down on a trampoline!

Then it was a familiar that looked almost exactly like a teenaged boy, only he was wearing a fencing mask as he served up explosive volleys with a badminton racket! Thankfully, I was able to blast away his bombs with my rifles, while Kyouko cut him down to size.

Mami’s Tiro Finale did the job against the ear-searing songstress, but right after she finished her off, she was sent flying by a headless horsewoman shooting off a barrage of arrows! As loath as I am to admit it, I’m now pinned down by a familiar rippin’ off sentai heroes. He’s covered from head to toe in classic sentai garb, and he’s a fast and strong one! I’ve managed to parry his fancy martial arts moves with my spear, but he hasn’t shown an opening yet.

And all of this keeps us from reaching our true goal, the witch herself. Half of her face is like a normal human face, while the other half is covered by a mask straight out of Phantom of the Opera. She sits on a humongous piano, and plays enchanting music on it, while a giant cat that must weigh about five hundred pounds sits on top of the piano, purring contentedly.

I’d be contented too if I was that well-fed! I’ve seen some fat cats before, but nothing like that monstrosity.

But the most important thing now is how time is running out, due to how both Kyouko and I are tiring. I can feel exhaustion begin to set in for me, as sweat lies uneasily across my brow, and my current assailant is able to match every rifle shot I make with explosive arrows of her own.

I can also tell that my Soul Gem is beginning to darken. This witch is an impressively powerful one, to be able to vex two Puella Magi like this. My mind races to think of a way to overcome our current predicament, but I can find none at all.

I can’t help but think that Kyouko and I… need help, and soon.

If you chose A for MSA Choice 2, read Section The Dark Knight Rises to Save Her Red Robin!
If you chose B for MSA Choice 2, read Section From Green Protégé to Blue Savior!

Spoiler for The Dark Knight Rises to Save Her Red Robin!:

Spoiler for From Green Protégé to Blue Savior!:

I can’t believe how well that went. My heart was racing the entire time!

But when I tracked down this witch, and saw the young woman that I’ve come to love be in such grave danger… I instinctively knew what to do. I’ll admit I wanted to impress her, wow her, sweep her off her feet. The truth is that she’s always had the upper-hand on me, with me being less experienced than her, both in life and as a Puella Magi.

I must make myself seem equal to her. I must act without hesitation, be as bold and surefooted as she is!

And to this end, I must destroy this witch… even while the melancholic music arising from its massive piano touches my heart and soul. It reminds me of what I love about Kyousuke, and so it leaves small tears in my eyes…

But I am done crying. I am done lamenting my loss to Hitomi. Today I march forward a new person, a stronger person.

One vision. One purpose. Peace through power!

I will my sword to grow three times larger, and much wider. It glows with magical might! And with that might, I sear through the explosive musical notes that the witch tries to stop me with. And then, her frantically moving fingers and crying eyes give way to the final note of her destruction. A note accentuated by her gigantic cat screeching in horror.

Once more, a descending sword slash finishes my enemy. Thankfully, this time the result is not gore, but a brilliantly multicolored explosion! I feel the warmth and color of fireworks at my back as my victory is gained!

I’m relieved to see that my victory over the witch occurs alongside Kyouko and Mami’s victory over the witch’s one remaining familiar.

My dear friends have been saved, and Mitakihara Town has been protected once more!

If you chose A for MSA Choice 2, read Section Red Passion with Black Style.
If you chose B for MSA Choice 2, read Section Blue Knight with Golden Love.

Spoiler for Red Passion with Black Style:

Spoiler for Blue Knight with Golden Love:

In the wake of the Walpurgis Night incident, I saw many new relationships grow and develop.

Hitomi and Kamijou grew ever-closer together. He seemed completely infatuated with her. Of course, there is a disturbing truth behind that… Nonetheless, they seemed happy together, and I do think that Hitomi sincerely loves him, so in time I was willing to be mildly supportive of their relationship. It certainly helped that Sayaka appeared to be in a happy romance of her own!

I’m glad that I gave Sayaka the advice that I did, because it seems to have paid off for her and her girlfriend.

Thankfully, Hitomi and Sayaka both still make some time for the friendship between the three of us. Although we don’t spend as much time together as we used to, it’s certainly a great weight off of my heart for the three of us to be friends again in spite of the harsh battle that Hitomi and Sayaka had become caught up in.

Still, I do feel a bit left out at times. Part of me does feel some regret. As I think things over in my mind, I could have easily been in a nice romance myself. I had temporarily been very close to Mami-san. And knowing what I know now about Sayaka, I can’t help but look back on her “joking” declaration of wanting me to be her wife, and wonder what opportunity I might have missed there.

For now, while I have many friends, I am romantically alone. All of those erotic yet disturbing dreams I had before this Puella Magi whirlwind took over my life… all of them seemed like strange and distant memories. Were those dreams ever really premonitions? Am I truly attracted to girls?

These questions rest uneasily in my mind, as I can’t help but dwell on all the romantic opportunities that I allowed to slip by…

Nonetheless, my friends are all healthy and well, in spite of many dangerous struggles, even amongst themselves! I should take comfort in that alone, and continue to be supportive of my friends and the romances that they may find themselves in.

Every now and then I see sad regret in Homura’s eyes as she looks at me. I wonder what this might signify. Homura has steadily grown more and more distant from the rest of us, including me, since the Walpurgis Night incident. I hope she’s not too lonely in her life…

But I definitely won’t allow myself to fall into the trap of loneliness. I must move forward without regret. It’s with such thoughts moving me on that I made a final rejection to Kyubey’s attempts to persuade me to become a Puella Magi. After all, there’s now more than enough magical girls to protect Mitakihara Town!

Much like what Homura said to me the first day that I met her, I should just live the life of a normal girl, and be content with that. I just hope that one day I might find somebody that I can love romantically too…

In any event, Sayaka, Mami, and Kyouko now make me think of a modern version of the Three Musketeers! They certainly work well together.

The End (Mami Lives, MIA, Primary Colors End)

---------------------------------------------------

And thus concludes the Madoka Is Alone chains of Mami Lives. All that is left now of the Mami Lives side is the Mami Romance itself. That's what I'll be getting back to next... but given my greatly reduced update pace, it'll probably be awhile before I get to it. Maybe it'll be wrote just in time to be a Christmas gift for Kirito.

Anyway, any and all feedback on the conclusion of MIA is welcomed!

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-11-11 at 22:40.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 09:25   Link #268
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Great chapter I really enjoyed the Kyouko/Sayaka segments, I am glad you're still planning to finish this even if at a slower pace . I'd be lying if I said wasn't ever worried you were going to "hiatus" for longer than this due to your current schedule .

P.S. I'll actually be reading all the mami romance section after the next chapter is finally out .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 19:46   Link #269
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
It's been a while... Why, the last time I posted, I believe it was something involving a man in blue, red and yellow tights. Of course, I suppose I should be focusing on a different set of superpowers connected to those colors right now...
Spoiler for A Carousel of Colors:

"tl;dr" version: Fun Sayakatastic* update.

Sorry it took so long for me to respond. I really need to personally put an end to that perplexing procrastination problem of mine... as well as my probable problematic P-word abuse... gah, see what I mean?! Ah well, nice work.

* Sayakatastic: A fantastic piece of work that features Sayaka in a major role.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 11:15   Link #270
Dr. Casey

Oh hey, I was actually able to keep my word this time whenever I promised that I would be able to review! As I've said before, I read the chapters right away, and my delayed reviews aren't an indicator of lacking interesting, but lacking time and lacking energy... ><

On a more positive note, the chapter we're starting off with - Mami Lives Chapter 12 Version I, which neatly enough was posted on my birthday - was nothing short of Sayakatastic. (Thanks Kogetsu ) The basic premise of Homura trying to keep Sayaka from turning into a witch by feigning romantic interest was a fantastic one. I know you were insecure at first and thought the idea might be too weird or out there, but I thought it was a very unique and intriguing premise while still being 100% plausible and in-character, a premise with a great amount of potential and that indeed allowed both characters to shine.

All the interaction between Homura and Sayaka this chapter was great. I laughed at Sayaka's "lesbian solidarity" phrase. Poor girl felt so awkward at being alone with Homura like that. The dynamics here between Sayaka and Homura were very interesting. Sayaka's shock and confusion over such a confession coming from someone who seemed no more likely to profess a love for her than Kyubey, Homura's silky smooth seduction technique as she callously plays around with Sayaka's feelings primarily for Madoka's sake ("Forget the violinist and the backstabbing Shizuki" was both cute and sensual at the same time, Homura could sweep anyone off their feet about as easily as a tidal wave could sweep a surfer)... I was equally interested in both girls' every thought process and line of dialogue. The scene at the rooftop where Sayaka accepts Homura's "feelings" was likewise every bit as captivating, and Homura's moody "I'm sorry I'm so hard to relate to..." was a nice link to her original Moemure personality. Granted, Timeline 1 Homura wasn't generally moody, but I could see her pre-trauma self having that kind of girly, moody sensitivity streak to her as a secondary personality trait.

Why does Homura prefer to keep her use of telepathy to a minimum, out of curiosity?

Moving on to the visit that Mami and Kyouko pay her... ouch, it gets off to a rough start with "Hey, at least you have a dad... that's more than Mami or I can say." >_o Kyouko probably would have hurt her less if she thrust her spear up Sayaka's babymaker. Poor Sayaka... they hadn't been gone for more than 15 or 20 seconds before Kyouko said something that brutal.

Ah, and I have an idea for another minigame that takes place during this scene! Minigame 2: Avoid Mami's Tickles. You control Sayaka from a bird's eye view, running away from Mami through the streets of Mitakihara as she attempts to tickle you. If Mami catches you, you gain +2 Affection Points with Mami because she enjoys skinship, but Kyouko thinks you look weak and you lose -1 point with her. If Mami fails to catch you within 60 seconds, you win the game. Mami admires your nimbleness and speed (+1 Affection), wheras Kyouko is outright turned on by your alpha femaleness (+3 Affection). Get to programming, Kimidori.

The scene where Mami and Kyouko tried to cheer up Sayaka was very warm and touching... pretty hot too given the strong yuri undertones, but more warm and gentle than anything. For all my frustrations with the human race, I'm still very aware that people can be amazingly warmhearted and generous sometimes, can surprise you sometimes with how much they care about you or how highly they think about you. This scene was a perfect demonstration of that. Hmm, I wonder who I would have picked between Mami and Kyouko had I come across this scene in the Visual Novel... I think Sayaka has more chemistry with Kyouko, but I could see a lasting relationship much more easily with Mami. Sayaka x Kyouko strikes me as an explosive relationship between two girls that care for each other, but would ultimately self-destruct, in large part because Sayaka is more mature and has her act more together than Kyouko does. Decisions, decisions...

Next comes Mami Lives Chapter 12, Version II. Man, Homura sure was cold and calculating at the beginning with how she whispered demurely to Sayaka, "Please don't let me down... my love," thinking to herself that she wasn't exactly being the most sincere. I've heard of ice queens before, but Homura is the Ice Queen. The guilt and self-loathing she felt a bit later down the road wasn't entirely undeserved, I have to say. But yeah, the dynamic between Sayaka and Homura continues to be a fascinating one. Sayaka is almost like a puppy in her singleminded adoration and loyalty, and Homura wrestling not just with her guilt, but also with the understanding that she might not be merely pretending to be in love anymore, made for very interesting writing. Sayaka x Homura might have been a pretty brief affair - Madoka is the main character, after all, and her relationships the main focus - but it was a great ride while it lasted, a very lovely feather to add to this story's hat.

Minigame 3! Mami flies around in the skies of Mitakihara, avoiding projectiles and attacks from Walpurgis Night as she charges up her magic to participate in the Trio Tiro Finale. Mami is on the defensive here and can't attack, you have to dodge Walpurgis Night's assault for one full minute for Mami to charge up her magic and then join Hitomi and Homura in the assault.

Next comes Mami Lives Chapter 12... again... third version of it... ^^; The tangled webs this story weaves can become pretty confusing. The narrative technique used at the beginning with the main speaker swiftly cycling between Kyouko and Mami was very cool, and your talent with creating awesome, horrifically nightmarish Witches shows absolutely no signs of slowing down. Honestly, that Witch would be so terrifying to encounter in real life that I probably wouldn't even be able to bring myself to fight it; the Witches in this story are far more creepy than they ever were in the anime, I'd rather face Walpurgis Night than this monstrosity. I'm glad that Kyouko and Mami were brave enough not to go into a fear-induced coma the moment they laid eyes upon it, though, because this was an awesome fight as usual; the mental image of Mami using her rifle to blow up the witches' explosives is a particularly badass one.

Minigame 4! A brutal boss fight against the Witch and her various familiars. There is an FMV cutscene every time one of them changes forms, and once all the familiars are defeated, you fight against the Witch yourself via Sword Art Online-style full-immersion virtual reality. My demands are high, but Kimidori is an amazing programmer. I have faith in her.

With the witch defeated, we move along to lighter subject matters, to pastures that are more central to the essence of Pure Pink Pretty Lovers: Sayaka expanding her harem and securing herself some girlfriends. They say birds of a feather stick together, and that must explain why Madoka and Sayaka are best friends: there's no girl in Madoka's harem that hasn't likewise earned a place in Sayaka's. The only difference is that Sayaka is a pure, monogamous saint, wheras Madoka is a naughty, cheating, unfaithful whore (and I love her for it). As I said before, this might be the first time in either the anime or the story that we've ever seen Kyouko become flustered and embarassed... and I would pay good money to see her flip out into a shyly denying rage.
Minigame 5! Streets of Rage-style beat-em-up with Sayaka and a computer-controlled Kyouko fighting the common crooks of Mitakihara.

And for Sayaka x Mami, the brief glimpse into their relationship proves that they might have more chemistry than I expected, but alas, a brief glimpse is all we're getting here in PPPL. I do have to say, though, that I love the Mami pictures; the second is probably the best picture of Mami I've ever seen. Cute and sexy at the same time, confident and demure all at once (and not just demure, but coming across somewhat as though she's the beta in their relationship). Totally love it.

Until next time.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 05:09   Link #271
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post

On a more positive note, the chapter we're starting off with - Mami Lives Chapter 12 Version I, which neatly enough was posted on my birthday - was nothing short of Sayakatastic. (Thanks Kogetsu ) The basic premise of Homura trying to keep Sayaka from turning into a witch by feigning romantic interest was a fantastic one. I know you were insecure at first and thought the idea might be too weird or out there, but I thought it was a very unique and intriguing premise while still being 100% plausible and in-character, a premise with a great amount of potential and that indeed allowed both characters to shine.
Thanks a lot. After thinking it over, I feel pretty comfortable with this section.

Quote:
Homura's silky smooth seduction technique as she callously plays around with Sayaka's feelings primarily for Madoka's sake ("Forget the violinist and the backstabbing Shizuki" was both cute and sensual at the same time, Homura could sweep anyone off their feet about as easily as a tidal wave could sweep a surfer)...
Well-said. I think that one of Homura's greatest strengths is her directness and confidence. When she has a goal in mind, she's able to boldly push forward with short, effective statements.

Quote:
I was equally interested in both girls' every thought process and line of dialogue. The scene at the rooftop where Sayaka accepts Homura's "feelings" was likewise every bit as captivating, and Homura's moody "I'm sorry I'm so hard to relate to..." was a nice link to her original Moemure personality. Granted, Timeline 1 Homura wasn't generally moody, but I could see her pre-trauma self having that kind of girly, moody sensitivity streak to her as a secondary personality trait.
I agree. I think there's a light touch of tsundere in Homura, and certain comments can bring that out of her.

Quote:

Why does Homura prefer to keep her use of telepathy to a minimum, out of curiosity?
She was mainly just stalling. She didn't want to get to the heart of her discussion with Sayaka until they were in a more private setting.

Plus, I think it's possible that Homura associates Puella Magi telepathy with Kyubey, and hence I could see her not liking telepathy for that reason alone.

Quote:
Moving on to the visit that Mami and Kyouko pay her... ouch, it gets off to a rough start with "Hey, at least you have a dad... that's more than Mami or I can say." >_o Kyouko probably would have hurt her less if she thrust her spear up Sayaka's babymaker. Poor Sayaka... they hadn't been gone for more than 15 or 20 seconds before Kyouko said something that brutal.
My view on Kyouko is that Kyouko doesn't get tact. She consistently speaks her mind, for good or for ill (and I think you get some of both). Kyouko can make very incisive observations precisely because she's less concerned with not offending other people than what most people are. But it also means that Kyouko might be a hard person to be with (so I get your point on KyouSaya vs. MamiSaya).

Quote:
Next comes Mami Lives Chapter 12, Version II. Man, Homura sure was cold and calculating at the beginning with how she whispered demurely to Sayaka, "Please don't let me down... my love," thinking to herself that she wasn't exactly being the most sincere. I've heard of ice queens before, but Homura is the Ice Queen.
I think that Homura is extremely efficient and pragmatic. I think she generally has good control of her own emotions, and is pretty adept at finding ways to impact the emotions of others to achieve desired ends.

Quote:
The guilt and self-loathing she felt a bit later down the road wasn't entirely undeserved, I have to say.
Yeah, I think that once Homura sees just how sincere Sayaka is about it all, it makes Homura realize just how coldly manipulative she was being.

Quote:
But yeah, the dynamic between Sayaka and Homura continues to be a fascinating one. Sayaka is almost like a puppy in her singleminded adoration and loyalty, and Homura wrestling not just with her guilt, but also with the understanding that she might not be merely pretending to be in love anymore, made for very interesting writing. Sayaka x Homura might have been a pretty brief affair - Madoka is the main character, after all, and her relationships the main focus - but it was a great ride while it lasted, a very lovely feather to add to this story's hat.
Thanks!

My view on Sayaka is that, for her, the key element in romantic interest is admiration.

Sayaka's main, overriding reason for loving Kyousuke is her admiration of his musical talent.

And I think that the people Sayaka chooses to become close to is based a lot on admiration.

On Junko Kaname: “Your mom's great, Madoka” Sayaka said a little later on during our walk to school, “She has good looks and she's so energetic.”

On Homura: “I thought she was a genius beauty, smart, and athletically talented, but she's just a nut!” Sayaka stated, based on what I had told her, “How many points is that transfer student trying to show off?!”

On Hitomi: “That's our Honours student!” Sayaka exclaimed complimentary, “So mature!”

I also think that Sayaka chose to be best friends with Madoka based on Madoka's considerable personality strengths (I delved into this a lot in the Sayaka romance route in Mami Lives).

I think that Sayaka is a romantic in the same sense that Madoka is, but Sayaka is also very practical in how she assesses others. So for Sayaka, the key emotion is "awe".

And you know, now that I think about it, I think this is much of the reason why Homura frustrated Sayaka so much. Sayaka was keenly aware of Homura's many awe-inspiring strengths, and that clashed nastily with Homura's cold treatment towards Mami, Madoka, and Sayaka herself in the first three episodes.

Homura hence is a painful contradiction within Sayaka's worldview ("How can this girl who has so many wonderful qualities be such a nasty and unfriendly person?! What a shame that she's a nut!")

Actually...

Spoiler for Hyouka comparison:

In any event, a big part of the reason why I could see this Sayaka/Homura ending happening is that Sayaka does admire Homura's strengths. And if Homura was to confess to Sayaka, then that would end Homura's painfully contradictory nature in Sayaka's mind. With the contradiction gone, Homura simply becomes the beautiful star student that Sayaka likely considers herself fortunate to have gained the affection of.

Quote:

Next comes Mami Lives Chapter 12... again... third version of it... ^^; The tangled webs this story weaves can become pretty confusing.
Yeah, that's probably why I lost some readers. However, my sense is that this will work way better in the VN. I hope it'll give the VN lots of replayability.

Quote:
The narrative technique used at the beginning with the main speaker swiftly cycling between Kyouko and Mami was very cool, and your talent with creating awesome, horrifically nightmarish Witches shows absolutely no signs of slowing down. Honestly, that Witch would be so terrifying to encounter in real life that I probably wouldn't even be able to bring myself to fight it; the Witches in this story are far more creepy than they ever were in the anime, I'd rather face Walpurgis Night than this monstrosity.
Thanks a lot! I have aimed for my fanfic-original witches to be distinctively menacing and threatening. This latest witch is also a shoutout to one of my favorite anime shows of 2012.

Quote:
I'm glad that Kyouko and Mami were brave enough not to go into a fear-induced coma the moment they laid eyes upon it, though, because this was an awesome fight as usual; the mental image of Mami using her rifle to blow up the witches' explosives is a particularly badass one.
I sometimes think about what my fanfic would look like in anime form. This witch fight scene would definitely be one of my favorite scenes (along with Madoka vs. Jinnai, Sayaka vs. Hitomi, "Tiger and Bunny" vs. Jinnai, and Mami & Homura vs. the surfing witch).

Quote:

With the witch defeated, we move along to lighter subject matters, to pastures that are more central to the essence of Pure Pink Pretty Lovers: Sayaka expanding her harem and securing herself some girlfriends. They say birds of a feather stick together, and that must explain why Madoka and Sayaka are best friends: there's no girl in Madoka's harem that hasn't likewise earned a place in Sayaka's. The only difference is that Sayaka is a pure, monogamous saint, wheras Madoka is a naughty, cheating, unfaithful whore (and I love her for it).
Partly because Sayaka's romance would be rooted in her admiration for her partner, I don't think that Sayaka could ever be unfaithful. Sexual attraction alone is secondary for Sayaka; It has some role, of course, but it's secondary to gaining Sayaka's admiration in practical ways.

But Madoka is a bit more softhearted, and caring is the key factor for her. I think Madoka would have a harder time saying "no" to another person's emotions. Ironically, that can be a bad thing in this case.

Quote:

And for Sayaka x Mami, the brief glimpse into their relationship proves that they might have more chemistry than I expected, but alas, a brief glimpse is all we're getting here in PPPL.
Sayaka admires Mami (the anime makes this clear), and Sayaka gives freely and happily to the people she admires.

Mami is silky smooth and very easy to admire. But she's terribly lonely, and needs companionship.

It's not hard to see how Sayaka and Mami could fill absolutely key needs for each other. But it's not the most likely relationship because of Sayaka's pre-existing ones (Kamijo, and Madoka), and how Madoka's caring nature resonates the most with Mami I think.

Still, I have little doubt that Sayaka and Mami would work well under the right circumstances.

Anyway, hope you found this read informative.
Old 2012-12-10, 01:43   Link #272
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I'm back Triple R, it's been awhile. After so much distractions and frustrations I can finally give my review to you. I know it's late, but I'll try to make this short and concise as I possibly can. I'm not confident with my choice of words, but I hope you'll find this acceptable.

As usual I got Claris playing and I'm ready to rock.

Ahem:

Spoiler for Magical Kryptonite:

Okay on to the Sayaka Romance Three Way Roundabout finale!

Ahem:

Spoiler for Blue and Red Berry Milkshake!:

Spoiler for Banana Cream Pie Mixed With Blueberries.:

With everyone moving forward romantically, Madoka sure is getting the short end of the stick in the 5th that Mami fills in canonically "shudders in disgust". Sayaka gets new love and Madoka is content with that with the hope that she'll get loved in return. With Sayaka moving forward and Madoka still a normal girl, all is right with the world minus the lack of romance of said main character. All is well that ends well, I guess, but it'll all itself out in a special chapter of this... hopefully.

Grade Time:

Spoiler for Pros:

Spoiler for Cons:

Phew! I did it! I'm all caught up... hopefully...

This has been my review and I hope you like what I've written. I'm still not confident with my words and it took longer than expected because words kept escaping me. None the less, it's done, and I need to give my fingers a break. Take your time with the next update and I'll review it the day it comes out providing that RL doesn't throw another wrench in my gears.

That's all for now so until then dude, until then!

Spoiler for Burnt Out!:
Old 2012-12-18, 16:05   Link #273
TreacherousFox
As trustful as an armor

I have just finished reading the entirety of the Mami Alive Sayaka route. Opinion in the spoilered place.

Spoiler for My opinions about that particular route:

In other news, I think you should update the index a bit more often. It was hard to go around the thread, looking for additional chapters while avoiding being spoiled about other routes (I wanted to get to the end of the Sayaka route before checking others)! And the second youtube link for episode 11 of Mami Alive Sayaka route is dead, by the way. The account that upped it was killed due to copyright infringement.

Oh, and I have added the fanfic to the Madoka Magica fanfic recommendations page on TVTropes, so expect some tropers to come here sometime in the future~

Keep up the good work, dear! I will be watching.
Old 2012-12-18, 18:49   Link #274
Triple_R
*Author

One thing I'll definitely admit here is that my fanfic is pretty cheesy.

I love making references to other anime shows/characters that I'm fond of. And some characters I felt would fill useful roles in the story, so I sort of insert them into the story to the point it's a borderline crossover.

As much as I love yuri, I didn't want this to be pure romance. I also wanted it to have a fair deal of action. I felt that the Madoka/Sayaka romance needed some added action to "spice it up", hence the inclusion of a new villain and Sayaka's dad being very liberally based on Kotetsu from Tiger and Bunny.

I'm curious, TreacherousFox, did you like the core Madoka/Sayaka romance itself?

There's a couple weaknesses to it looking back on it now, after thinking more deeply on how Madoka/Sayaka would most believably play out, but I'm still about 80 to 90% happy with that romance.

And yeah, one of these days I'm going to comb this thread and fix all the broken links in it.

Just so you know, Mami Romance isn't complete yet. The only other route completed is Mami Lives Homura Romance.
Old 2012-12-19, 06:46   Link #275
TreacherousFox
As trustful as an armor

Quote:
One thing I'll definitely admit here is that my fanfic is pretty cheesy.

I love making references to other anime shows/characters that I'm fond of. And some characters I felt would fill useful roles in the story, so I sort of insert them into the story to the point it's a borderline crossover.

As much as I love yuri, I didn't want this to be pure romance. I also wanted it to have a fair deal of action. I felt that the Madoka/Sayaka romance needed some added action to "spice it up", hence the inclusion of a new villain and Sayaka's dad being very liberally based on Kotetsu from Tiger and Bunny.
I am okay with that. As long as it is done in moderation and with sense, cheesy stuff can be a lot better than something purely serious. I mean, look at Double Dragon Neon. XD

Quote:
I'm curious, TreacherousFox, did you like the core Madoka/Sayaka romance itself?

There's a couple weaknesses to it looking back on it now, after thinking more deeply on how Madoka/Sayaka would most believably play out, but I'm still about 80 to 90% happy with that romance.
Well, the one pairing I like more than Kyoko x Sayaka is Madoka x Sayaka, so bear in mind that my opinion may not be as unbiased as you desire. However, since you ask me, I will say that I liked the core romance. Sure, there were a few moment were Madoka and Sayaka looked a bit OOC, but, well, I blamed that to hormones. The first love can make us act strange and stupid, after all. And despite those moments, I felt that most of their actions made sense in a way.

Sorry for the delay. It was time for me to go to bed when I read your post. XD
Old 2012-12-31, 09:37   Link #276
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Wow. Added to my existing list on VNDB.

I have a lot to try to catch up on, but this time I won't be posting any more lengthy "reviews" like I did almost 6 months ago.

Carry on...
Old 2013-01-14, 09:27   Link #277
JustAsking

The links are dead for the VN. Can someone reupload it, please? Thanks in advance.
JustAsking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 09:40   Link #278
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAsking View Post
The links are dead for the VN. Can someone reupload it, please? Thanks in advance.
strange, it still working for me, but now 2 people have report that it died, guess I will reupload it.
Old 2013-01-14, 12:08   Link #279
JustAsking

It's just MF acting gay. And thanks for reuploading, waiting for it.
JustAsking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 04:46   Link #280
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

here the reuploaded file, tested. no new chapter though, sorry.