AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-05-18, 09:40   Link #43561
Eratas123

Woah, that's a long time Ah well, I'll start tom. Enrollment starts on Monday.
Old 2013-05-18, 09:44   Link #43562
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, it's a dream, hell, I once dream being a grandpa, living in what amount to be scifi city.

That said, up to you.
Old 2013-05-18, 09:49   Link #43563
Eratas123

Still trying to update Dark Of Zero
Old 2013-05-18, 10:01   Link #43564
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Still have to figure out how to cut down a shitload of exposition on my part.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 10:08   Link #43565
Eratas123

Exposition is alright:/ So what if you have a lot? Just separate it from the dialogue and people will skip it if they want.
Old 2013-05-18, 10:15   Link #43566
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Lol, I want to add more exposition, but my writing ability has no room to develop.
Old 2013-05-18, 10:15   Link #43567
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I suppose. But the exposition is important for this part of the story.

I don't think I can describe ISRI anymore other than its the perfect place to go when you need or want to live off IS. From a business standpoint there is no way for it to make up for the money that it uses. So it still relies heavily on their backer. The main payment they give is by provision of data. Other income is from companies that require their facilities for testing. Pilots can get jobs there and the ISRI doesn't particularly care of the terms for pilot employment. It can be anything from actual money to just a place to crash in exchange for a couple test drives of experimental products. The whole of ISRI is understaffed which is why they are so loose with hiring, but not having enough money they keep staffing to a minimum as well. Mostly because people quit ASAP when they realize they don't make enough. Also because the place makes so little, it is a company desperate to make money by any means necessary... Even if they have to tap into the less than savory jobs of an IS pilot.
Old 2013-05-18, 10:25   Link #43568
Eratas123

Then add it. Seriously, fanfic readers aren't vegetables: They can read. If they're confused, then its their fault. Fics don't have to lower themselves for the lowest common denominator.
Old 2013-05-18, 10:49   Link #43569
demino_hellsin
That one guy

And so to humans who dreamed of space, he granted them knowledge of the stars and their motions. He taught them of the contents and gaps of the great void. But what did humans do with this knowledge? They threw it away and forgot their benefactor. For what purpose? To protect their common sense? To protect the pride which only brought empty boasts and suffering? Pitiful child who can only reach the sky, let me teach you the infinity beyond.

Does it sound badguyish?
Old 2013-05-18, 11:04   Link #43570
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Lol

Sounds like old JRPG final boss... not that it's a bad thing
Old 2013-05-18, 11:07   Link #43571
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Damn, that means I need to tune dark fourze's speech patterns some more.
Old 2013-05-18, 11:08   Link #43572
Eratas123

Sounds like what would happen if Armstrong replaced his speech

Side note - Rewatching Hunchback of Notre Dame. Gotta say, out of all the disney villains and monsters, Frollo stands out: He's a genocidal, hypocritical racist who wants to rape a girl and then blame her for making him feel lust towards her. "Who is the monster and who is the man".
Old 2013-05-18, 11:11   Link #43573
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, almost everyone agree it's also one of the darkest Disney adaptation.

The original is much worse, but compared to say, snow white and cinderella, Notre dame has less bowdelrization
Old 2013-05-18, 11:16   Link #43574
Eratas123

Yeah Gotta say: Love Quasimodo's character. This is a man who has been beaten to the very core since he was a child, and despite this he manages to keep his moral integrity and character. Even when Frollo admitted to killing his mother he refused to just let him die, showing who the real monster between the two was.

That and did anyone else think he really didn't look that ugly? I mean, in this day and age I've seen worse.
Old 2013-05-18, 11:17   Link #43575
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well to be fair dark fourze's trying to take revenge on something equivalent of a god.
Old 2013-05-18, 11:18   Link #43576
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

You know Hollywood, eras

They call Britney Spears fat

@ Demi
Wait a minute, why is he preaching about value of humanity (and lack thereoff) to an ROB?
Old 2013-05-18, 11:22   Link #43577
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Actually he's preaching to the canon cast about human idiocy of rejecting evolution out of pride. He needs to open a spatial rift to reach the godlike being. One that would cause destruction on a world scale when he rips it right in the atmosphere.
Old 2013-05-18, 11:23   Link #43578
Eratas123

Hollywood? This is classic disney. They don't pull back. Anyway, I'm using it for fic writing: You gotta love characters like Frollo and Quasimodo - They show the worst and best humanity is capable of.

@ Demi - Evolution cannot be forced. We have to do it ourselves.
Old 2013-05-18, 11:27   Link #43579
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Indeed, human stop evolving the moment they learn to use tool. We do not addapt to environment, we shape environment the way we like (and pay for it, dearly)

This is also what Gundam often preached: When tech and biggatons is not sufficient, new breed of human will appear naturally.

@ Eras
Hollywood rule is somewhat generalization, it applies to any visual media, really.
Old 2013-05-18, 11:33   Link #43580
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Basically it refers to Tabane. In the face of being offered the secrets of the universe, cosmic energy. She discredited it purely because it clashed with her own knowledge. It combined science and sheer faith, henceforth not logical even in its madness. Her own understanding of science, she felt was more correct than the thing that made the galaxy. So she rejected it completely. Instead she banked on the IS. So the conflict becomes someone who can reach the sky and beyond and those that dwell within infinity of the universe.

Long story short its sky power versus space power. Guess who wins.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest