AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-29, 11:38   Link #1
NinjaSetsuna

Power!! Seino Shizuru

It's been licensed for a while by TokyoPop and I don't know how many volumes of translated manga are out, but I have 1-10 in Japanese and I really love this manga. I first started reading it in Bessatsu Friend and then purchased it when I went for a homestay in Japan. When I found out it was called Girl Got Game for the US release I was mad. The title was already in English for cripe's sake! Anyone else enjoy this manga?

Last edited by NinjaSetsuna; 2004-03-29 at 11:39. Reason: Fixing the HTML
Old 2004-03-29, 13:22   Link #2
TechnoMage
Shoujo-Anime Member

TokyoPop has currently released 2 volumes of this.
I'm currently really enjoying this series (Also I've got 2 friends hooked on the series also ), and can't wait till TokyoPop releases volume 3. As for the name change, I usually do not like it when companies do this, but I find in this case, TokyoPop's name does give a clearer idea of what you'll find in between the covers. Just my opinion though .
Old 2004-03-29, 13:34   Link #3
NinjaSetsuna

So you've not read any of the Japanese? I usually don't buy or read any manga in English. I was translating them (for friends) until I learned they were being done. How similar or different are they? Does anyone know (from original Japanese to English TokyoPop translation)?

Since I read them in Japanese I know what happens, it is a really funny series. I really like how the manga develops, and the guys are always getting nude somehow, hahah I can't remember what volume but Eniwa's friend finds a monkey and picks it up exclaiming how cute it is, then it goes beserk! Poor Kyou that's all I have to say ^_^
Old 2004-03-29, 13:54   Link #4
TechnoMage
Shoujo-Anime Member

I read scanlations of volume 2 before it being released, and they seemed quite similar. Other then that, with me having no real knowledge of the Japanese language (meaning that getting the Japanese tanks would be pretty much useless for me for the purposes of reading), I can't really comment on the exact translation quality... Just that from what I've read of TokyoPop's releases, the story seems to be quite intact, with little to nothing (minus the title) being changed (so far).

Of course, someone doing a direct English <-> Japanese may find things I would miss (my qualifications are quite lacking in this area )
Old 2004-04-06, 01:13   Link #5
ubb

I read Power!!, it has too many plotholes to be considered a decent series.
Old 2004-04-18, 00:26   Link #6
yukari_kiss
dreamer flyer

I can only understand a lil bit of Japanese, but I've purchased all ten volumes of Power!! in chinese and it's probably one of my fav series!!! it's soooo funny, even now, when i pick it up, i can never stop laughing!!! and it's sweet too....i love yura the most! despite him being a lil bit psycho...
Closed Thread