4 out of 10: Poor... 8 10.53%
3 out of 10: Bad... 4 5.26%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 6 7.89%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 11 14.47%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-23, 14:45   Link #61
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

They could've used another episode at least so that this ending didn't feel so rushed.

Flit's conclusion was nice, but it still felt rushed.

Sid docking with Vagan Gear to form Vagan Gear Sid was rather silly and came out of nowhere. Why did it do that? It's never explained. Btw, anyone notice the similarities between Vagan Gear Sid and Metal Gear Ray? Aside the obvious similarity in name, their designs are very close too..

What I still don't understand is, if they were going to have the Vagans listen to Flit and work together, wouldn't it have made more sense to have Zeheart and Fram, or just one of them around for when this happens so they can show that people on both sides can let the past and their hatred go and move towards peace? Ridiculous red hair guy was never developed much for people to care about him. The message they wanted to convey would have been stronger if it was someone like Fram who had previously said there was no way to talk peace, who gives up fighting for the greater good, not some random dude we know nothing of.
Old 2012-09-23, 16:13   Link #62
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
I like the sound of it. Making the main character a female and a pilot of a Gundam in the main franchise will definitely seem new and refreshing.
Heres something to consider, though the concept may be quite refreshing, we have to remember the amount of ppl who bitch about emotional Gundam protagonists

And females are more emotional, this is not me being sexist or anything, its a natural fact for obvious reasons
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 16:17   Link #63
Skye629

Writing everything out will be too long, so heres my brief review

Overall: 6.5/10, Enjoyable, but nothing great, enough to pass the time. Tons of wasted potential and bad writing coupled with the limited time is what really hurt this series

Hoping they release compilation movies which cuts out all the crap and adds in some more focused relevant material which helps improve the story/cover plotholes

Note: Im talking about the whole series not the episode, should have clarified to start

Last edited by Skye629; 2012-09-23 at 16:27.
Old 2012-09-23, 17:00   Link #64
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Heres something to consider, though the concept may be quite refreshing, we have to remember the amount of ppl who bitch about emotional Gundam protagonists

And females are more emotional, this is not me being sexist or anything, its a natural fact for obvious reasons
It obviously depends on how it's done. If she turns out to be a Kira/Kio hybrid, or a Lacus in a mobile suit, then yeah, it's going to be horrible. However, if she turns out to be like Kallen from Code Geass, then we'd have no problems.
Old 2012-09-23, 17:03   Link #65
Raysoul

Yeah, the ending is not that good. They could have made ShidoXZera destroy several mobile suits during the battle, yet he just fly there doing nothing. Sigh. They did set it to easy mode?

Aside from the underwhelming final boss, the episode is ok. Still had a good ride for the entire-series.

This episode = 7
Whole series = 8.5
Old 2012-09-23, 17:04   Link #66
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
It obviously depends on how it's done. If she turns out to be a Kira/Kio hybrid, or a Lacus in a mobile suit, then yeah, it's going to be horrible. However, if she turns out to be like Kallen from Code Geass, then we'd have no problems.
Indeed, but honestly, it would be pretty sad to see a female protag be like a man with boobs, would it really be that much of a change? Except we would see boob-bouncing on the main character instead(and lots of tight clothes for sex appeal).
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 17:11   Link #67
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysoul View Post
Yeah, the ending is not that good. They could have made ShidoXZera destroy several mobile suits during the battle, yet he just fly there doing nothing. Sigh. They did set it to easy mode?

Aside from the underwhelming final boss, the episode is ok. Still had a good ride for the entire-series.

This episode = 7
Whole series = 8.5
I was wondering about that.

After he merged with Zera he was pretty much forgotten for the rest of the episode till then end.

On that matter does anyone have an actual reason or are the ones posted previously from the manga or novel or game?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 17:23   Link #68
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I was just kind of laughing when Kio finally got his time in the sun. Even Asemu saw how lame this was which was why he left it to Kio. He couldn't touch this pathetic showdown . The big matchup between characters no one cares about. Just found the whole battle laughable. Kio gets a new gun, goes into blue mode, and manages to save the crazy clone. Was also like Wendy finally got the signal that she could appear again so she could validate how awesome Kio was supposed to be.

This whole episode was just too rushed to really have impact. At least they tried to give Flit some resolution. Of course in the end it was all about Yurin . When was the last time we actually saw Emily again ? But yeah good for Flit. Went from Genocide Flit to Savior in no time. So he finally tried to blow up the Vagans which should settle the genocide dispute once and for all. All positives since he was able to show the willingness to do it, while not actually getting his hands dirty thanks to Kio and Asemu stepping in the middle.

Not even going to touch how random it was that SID showed up and jumped onto the enemy suit.
Old 2012-09-23, 17:58   Link #69
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Kio looks like Flit's mom...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 18:14   Link #70
atilim
Knightmare

Usually with a Gundam show I feel like the ending is incomplete and I want to see more....

But with Age it was different in a bad way because I missed to much and some things where to random.

First the Sid thing was weird and why Sid even did the things he did was weird. It's primary objective was to keep the tech hidden and protect it and showing up with a attempt to destroy humans seems to forced.

Second the revelation of Flit was overall acceptable but he should have gotten a bigger role in the final battle even if he is a grandpa. He convinced both sides to fight together but we are talking about Gundam and having him play a bigger active role during the final battle is a must.

And finally my biggest beef with the final eps is the lack of a good fight. Traditionally the final battle has always been a good fight between the protagonist and the antagonist but their wasn't that much fighting (mostly flying around).

Kio Arc:
Overall kind of disappointed because again by not having decent long fights. Having a good story is a must but I watch gundam for it's mix of a decent story and mecha fights. Seed, 00, Wing, Original and Zeta all had really good fights and decent stories (some better then others ofcourse) and having a all or nothing fight makes me want to watch the same eps a thousand times.

And what I really hate about the Kio arc was that even though it was the longest the only character development we truly saw was Kio becoming a peace preacher. The new Diva captain ''suddenly'' changed and we don't know anything about her, all of the diva pilots got killed of and we don't know anything about them and the whole pirat ship is still a mystery even though we have seen their faces.

overall:
Personally I think that Flit arc was the best. The major characters all got more development then any other arc and their are some decent fights.

Also as a future reverence don't introduce important characters for the main characters (friends, pilots etc.) and then ignore them completely after 2 eps (or the remaining arcs). All of Asemu's friends where compleltly ignored and Kio's blond future GF (walking around the ship and saying something every now and then doesn't count), Asemu's sister, every single Diva pilot that didn't get killed onscreen etc. etc.

Also if Bandai ever wants to make a Age like arc show then I hope that they learned that they have to make the show longer. Each arc should be 30 eps (24 at least) and give a smal break between seasons (like 00) so you can adjust the show if needed.

Overall I hope that Bandai takes the lessons they have learned and make good use of it for the next Gundam show in a few years.
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 18:23   Link #71
Ruby Princess

No offense to anyone who likes evil old men, but Flit was a murderous, genocidal bastard. He doesn't deserve to have a statue made in his memory as though he's some hero, or even a remotely good person. You might as well build statues of Ezelcant and Decil while you're at it. -.-
Ruby Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 18:25   Link #72
Raysoul

Recollecting the past episodes, I still can't believe this is the worst episode in my book. >.>
Old 2012-09-23, 18:30   Link #73
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Princess View Post
No offense to anyone who likes evil old men, but Flit was a murderous, genocidal bastard. He doesn't deserve to have a statue made in his memory as though he's some hero, or even a remotely good person. You might as well build statues of Ezelcant and Decil while you're at it. -.-
I take it you haven't seen the episode or even watched the series as Flit never killed in cold blood.

And plus he saved Second Moon by uniting the Vagans and Federation forces together. That is a pretty big accomplishment right there (no matter how silly it was in the first place). No genocidal person would do that.

Decil on the other hand should be executed for killing his own comrades.

Ezcelant would be executed as a war criminal who not only ordered the deaths of innocent civilians but even his own people.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 19:18   Link #74
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Princess View Post
Uh flits not really a bad guy, his reasons for wanting to kill the enemy was justified by the people he lost

If he was TRULY evil he would have done something like sacrificing the gundams and his allies or strapped bombs to all the fed vehicles to inflict mass damage

I cant think of a single person who would not want revenge after losing people close to him like he has
Old 2012-09-23, 19:47   Link #75
justsomeguy

I'll save the rest of my thoughts for the Overall Impressions thread, but I just have to say that while I had been expecting this, I'm still very disappointed that the final boss of a Gundam series is a plot device and not a properly developed character. Zera Gins and Vegan Gear SID exist entirely to give the Vegan and Federation something to unite against, and for Kio to finally demonstrate his skill (of course, AGE-FX is so overpowered that fell flat too).

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 20:38   Link #76
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

That transitioning image of Emily in the ED is so sad. I wonder if Flit ever really cared for her, or if he simply married her and slept with her enough to pump some children out, out of a sense of duty.

All this time she's spent being the dutiful housewife, sitting at home, Flit has spent angsting over his first choice that was taken from him.

So sad.

Though, I'm also aware that I may be viewing this through the lense of a westerner, and perhaps being undully critical of that relationship when it might be nothing major in Japanese society. Afterall, when we look at the relationships the Asuno men have, they all seem pretty darn dysfunctional. Asemu's decisions regarding his wife are so far out there I just pretend that doesn't exist, to be honest.

Anyways, I give the series-overall-a 3/10. There were some rough, general ideas that were really good from a design point of view, particularly the idea of having a character like Flit go from innocent, to soldier, to wallowing in revenge and angst, to finding salvation, but it was so horribly done that the only thing that kept me going through this series was the decades of loyalty I've had to the Gundam franchise. Flit, as a theme, could have been a real hallmark in the Gundam ethos. Sadly, I'm guessing that in twenty years, no one will even remember AGE having existed beyond the OCD fans. It, or Victory Gundam, will be the most obscure titles. I'd bet on it.

I don't look for some high level of art from a Gundam show, but outside of G-Gundam, I've never seen a Gundam done so poorly. I can only hope it actually drew in some young fans.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 20:57   Link #77
Helius

Urgh...

That's all. Signing Out.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 21:08   Link #78
Forever
Revealing the truth

When the ep ended, I was like, "That's it?"

It still managed to beat destiny but not by a lot. Truely a series with much wasted potential. It is almost like they ran out of ideas towards the end....
Old 2012-09-23, 21:15   Link #79
whx_epic

Well, AGE as entire series is bad, especially the 3rd generation.
However, for the final episode itself, I must say they did pretty well, given they are only have one episode to finish everything.
The animation is good for this episode (I guess they save all their budget for this), and well, and the story gets the message he wants to get across ( idealism wins in the end, Kio stays true to his no-killing principle, unlike a certain hypocrite that thirsts for revenge once his love-interest die *cough* Kira *cough*).
There are many things that I don't like from AGE, and the story has gone bad from the moment Kio being kidnapped to Second Moon, but this is still a better show compared to Destiny.
whx_epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 21:52   Link #80
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I think one word can sum up this episode and the series overall. A resounding 'LOLWUT'.

- The Diva crew hijacked Baranooke with extremely serious face. LOLWUT

- Zera Gins, a X-Rounder without human heart. EXTERMINATE everything!!! LOLWUT

- 3 Gundams ganged up on VAGAN GEAR (LOLWUT), wild SHIDO appeared! SHIDO nailed Vagan Gear on its back (LOLWUT), but somehow, Zera Gins ended up controlling SHIDO? LOLWUT.

- Kio preaching again...ah well, no point complaining now

- Flit going to EXTERMINATE all VAGANS. OH YEAH!!! Wait, why was everyone going "Flit..." sadly like it is a bad thing to do.

- Speaking of that, SHIDO-GEAR smashed itself to the Vagan Cannon, setting off a chain effect where the cannon will explode. LOLWUT?

- Flit convinced all federation and Vagan soldiers to work together in a span of minutes. LOLWUT

Alright, I gave up. I have already read the spoilers of the ending but the actual episode itself was horrible. Barely any nice fight and what we got is a really rushed and horrible ending.

And what's the point of AGE Builder and EXA DB again? Deus Ex Machina?

And I think the only one who really got a happy ending was Ezelcant. LOL WTF

Tags
weekly episode discussion