AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2006-04-13, 01:09   Link #1161
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogogoh
I finished all the eps. As of right now it's my favorite anime. Romance, action, adventure, in that order. Will there be an sequel?
There's a movie in the works as we speak. Straight from the mouths of the anime staff.
Old 2006-04-13, 01:17   Link #1162
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
For all you people in R1 land:
http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/d...views/5398.php
Start saving up for September!
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 18:44   Link #1163
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
For all you people in R1 land:
http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/d...views/5398.php
Start saving up for September!
Now that's a quick turnaround... so, as I said in my posts here in early March, I'm "pleasantly surprised". Seeing as the first disc has 4 episodes, it looks like they might do 6 discs for the series. That being said, they didn't solicit a box with the first volume yet... here's to hoping there ends up being one.

Guess this was an omen after all:
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
I should add... in the "reasons to hope it might come out sooner" department, with both Kamichu and Ichigo Marshmellow getting R1 releases in June (both from Geneon) that'd place the turnaround time at around 1 year after airing. Shana on R1 this September/October? Who knows...

Still not 100% sure that I'll get the R1s myself, seeing as I'm collecting the R2s, but we'll see...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 18:48   Link #1164
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The whole september release is really random, but i had a feeling the release wouldn't be to far away - hope we get a box with it to hold all the volumes.
Old 2006-04-13, 23:29   Link #1165
gogogoh
"GO GO GO"

Send a message via AIM to gogogoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
There's a movie in the works as we speak. Straight from the mouths of the anime staff.
Yeah I saw it, I am hoping it's good. I also am hope thing they will do a sequel.
gogogoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 04:43   Link #1166
prokupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious
Nope. Gonna have to wait for an english publisher to pick it up.
Speaking of translations. I already have novels 1-4 translated in chinese >_>
prokupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 07:14   Link #1167
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokupo
Speaking of translations. I already have novels 1-4 translated in chinese >_>
PLans on making it in english?
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 08:05   Link #1168
LytHka
Banned

Tokyopop has many fans of the Shakugan no Shana novels in their team, so even they were/are considering translation of it. (reported by Village Idiot)

EDIT: I guess this is what has accumulated into my possession in the last six months. T_T I can't believe shana is over.

Last edited by LytHka; 2006-04-16 at 10:58.
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 14:14   Link #1169
NeoSam

Yay Yay

Volume 2 of the seinen manga Shakugan no SHANA will be released on 20/6/2006 (the manga is serialized in the seinen manga magazine Dengeki Daioh)

It will also include a limited edition booklet called: GRIMOIRE (Format: B6, 108 pages)

Correct me if I'm wrong: from what I could understand the booklet will include some illustrations of Shana drawn by PEACH-PIT Yay Yay
Old 2006-04-17, 22:35   Link #1170
slayer
essense

Send a message via MSN to slayer
I just absolutely hate it when good animes end.. it eats me inside.. i didn't finish shana yet but it's hella good so far (ep 17) any details on what the movie is about? pardon my lazyness on searching through this thread but it is quite a bit. Someone clarify with me on the manga. Is the manga or novel done? or is it still on going?
slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 23:41   Link #1171
fithoslusec

No details about the movie yet, but both the novels and the manga (which is an adaptation of the novels) are still ongoing.
fithoslusec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 18:28   Link #1172
netj999

Shakugan No Shana Novels

I just wanted to know how many novels there are for Shana. Also I just finished the anime which was great, but how much of the novels does the anime cover? I guess another question would be are the novels for Shana done or is it still ongoing? Also I guess the manga version of it does it stay a little more true to the novel storyline or is it quite different?
netj999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 19:40   Link #1173
fithoslusec

Let´s see...

The manga is a little more true to the novel storyline, but it is still in the fight with Friagne (Marge & Raimi haven’t showed yet, just like in the novels), so I can’t say how it will go.

About the novels, they are still ongoing (Vol 13 I think).
Old 2006-04-18, 21:29   Link #1174
netj999

I just hope that the manga stays as true to the novel as it can so that when it is finally released in english I won't be disappointed. Seeing as how the novel will most likely never be released in english so I am hoping that the manga does stay true to it plus I ain't a big fan of novels, no pictures just text so boring make me sleepy.
Old 2006-04-19, 00:16   Link #1175
slayer
essense

Quote:
Originally Posted by netj999
I just hope that the manga stays as true to the novel as it can so that when it is finally released in english I won't be disappointed. Seeing as how the novel will most likely never be released in english so I am hoping that the manga does stay true to it plus I ain't a big fan of novels, no pictures just text so boring make me sleepy.
if such an intresting series of book existed, I would soo read it all
Old 2006-04-19, 14:00   Link #1176
netj999

Well if they did with Shana I guess I would try, and Tokyopop I guess might release the novels in english cause I know that they are now releasing the Love Hina novels. How many novels did the anime cover for Shana?
Old 2006-04-19, 21:08   Link #1177
slayer
essense

Very good question, I would like to know myself. I think it is 4 first novels? Did anyone litsen to the ost for shakugan no shana? What do you guys think of it?
Old 2006-04-19, 21:17   Link #1178
fithoslusec

Some of the tracks are great, while others reeeeeaally bad. Anyway, I enjoyed it a lot, even if it’s only remembering the series.
Old 2006-04-19, 21:35   Link #1179
slayer
essense

Now I can't feel but be sorta annoyed now that I'm so hyped on this anime and I am the last guy to the party.. the hell.. hope they make a season 2 >_< argh!!!
Old 2006-04-19, 23:43   Link #1180
netj999

I hope so too, but it's not likely to happen. They are just gonna make the movie and that's probably it unfortunately. They rarely ever make second seasons of a show though Ah! My Goddess came out with a second season, maybe the people who made Shana will make a second season too. All we can do is hope they do even though it ain't very like

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsundere