AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-05-07, 11:46   Link #81
Soka-chan

DNAngel's uniforms are very innovative and veyr cute; I love the color combination^^
Soka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 18:57   Link #82
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
hmmm Cardcaptor Sakura's Uniform is nice....also agree to the DN Angel's nice color combination....

Also really like Yuki's uniform (SHNY)..........

Last edited by capture; 2007-02-21 at 19:11.
capture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 05:26   Link #83
Nergol

Quote:
Thigh-highs? That's what over-knee socks are called in America?
Thigh highs ideally refers to the type of sheer stockings one would wear with a garter belt. Opaque socks that go over the knee are virtually unknown in America, as is zettai ryouiki. I've only ever seen two (non-cosplayer) women ever wear that look, and both were in Japan.

Japanese sexuality has as one of its expressions a sort of cute/innocent sexiness that doesn't really exist in American, or western in general, sexuality. It's a sort of erotic expression that just isn't part of the way westerners look at things. Something like zettai ryouiki does of course have an eroticism to it, but the kind which a girl could display and still be thought of as a "good girl". Think of it this way - would you expect Yomi from Azumanga Daioh to go bedhopping with the boys in the school? Of course not.

Then again, moe in general is this sort of thing. Of course there's an erotic edge to it, but it's an edge that manages to preserve a respect for women that verges on awe. And yet part of that awe, and even part of the eroticism, is based on purity. A slut cannot be moe - only a pure girl can. This makes moe a fascinating phenomenon, and something incomprehensible to the average westerner (as opposed to hardcore Japanophiles such as the crowd here).

Anyhow, enough of that. As for school uniforms, I go for simple and realistic - the basic sailor fuku. Interestingly enough, real sailor fuku, which I had the opportunity to see every day up close and personal during my time as a JET teacher, are made of very cheap-looking polyester. This is understandable, in a sense, since it's meant to be something you wear for three years and then never wear again. In fact, probably less than three years - remember that the age range in which people would be wearing them is 12-14, a period during which people go through clothes constantly because they're growing so fast. Still, I'd say that the average schoolgirl cosplayer wears a sailor fuku that's unrealistic because it's actually too nice - made of better materials and probably more solidly put together. It was kind of a shock.

The high school uniforms I saw looked a little nicer - I'd say the skirts were wool, with cotton blouses. And no, sorry, I never once saw a girl wear thigh highs/over the knee socks with their school uniform, and I'm quite sure it's not actually allowed.
Nergol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 06:17   Link #84
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

I like the one's they wear in Kanon.
but I saw some difference there too.

look here
Nayuki:

and here is Mai:

as you see.
Nayuki has a a little longer skirt then Mai and her socks are longer (above knee)
and we also see the color difference on the cape.

though I think this is just the difference of the uniform because Nayuki is a class below Mai, and that the uniform changes with the class stage.
or am I wrong?

anyway, I like this school uniform

but another question:
the long socks.

look here:
http://www.shuffle-tv.com/charactor/

here we have Nerine and Sia wearing the same long socks, even though they are in the same class as Kaede. but Kaede are wearing much shorter socks.
and If you look at Asa, who is a year older, she is also wearing short socks.
so is it just a matter of what you want to wear?
just wondering =/

anyways. I love these school uniforms too

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 06:27   Link #85
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Socks are not part of the uniform; they are allowed to show the student's individuality. (Within limits.)

In Kanon, the color of ribbon and cape does show which grade the student is in. The student's class is assigned a color in their freshman year and they keep that color until they graduate. That color then becomes the new freshman year in an endless cycle.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 06:29   Link #86
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Socks are not part of the uniform; they are allowed to show the student's individuality. (Within limits.)

In Kanon, the color of ribbon and cape does show which grade the student is in. The student's class is assigned a color in their freshman year and they keep that color until they graduate. That color then becomes the new freshman year in an endless cycle.
okey.
all I wanted to know

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 13:09   Link #87
Nergol

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that doesn't extend to over the knee/thigh highs though. Too sexy.

In the school I worked in, the girls didn't even wear tights with their uniforms unless it was blistering cold (and even then, most didn't), even though it was allowed.
Nergol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 21:16   Link #88
-Breakthrough-

As some said earlier in this thread, I tend to like the uniforms from To Heart 2
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 05:02   Link #89
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Kanon's school uniform is nice

Haven't watched To Heart or To Heart 2 yet but seeing the previous posts, I think their school uniform is awesome, too.

And I'm wondering why 1/4 of the threads in this section are perv thread? XD
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 20:04   Link #90
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

IMO the cutest uniforms are from FMP Go Go Kana Chan the hottest uniforms are from Tenjo Tenge

Old 2007-02-24, 21:51   Link #91
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Thumbs up

Wow...I'm surprised no one has said sumtin' about the uniforms in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya....

Obviously, it's really cute!

Old 2007-02-25, 00:04   Link #92
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian View Post
I have recently fallen in love with the school uniform in Memories Off 2-4 (how did the girls tie the strings around their sleeves anyway...yet to play MO5)

http://baka-tsuki.net/Screenshots/inori.jpg

But that's not anime, so I digress.

...Now that I come to think of it, all the uniforms that I could think of at the moment are from various AVGs....
I agree with you LG. The uniform isn't showy but attractive at the same time. The skirts aren't overally short cutted, but very modest. Plus our "inori" is very cute too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
This picture is from the male oriented magazine Magical Cute vol. 22 that got released 2 days ago:

Very very cute
I really love that one too neosam. But is that a school uniform neosam?

Spoiler:

One w/o all those images and letters and edits on them ^_^. This took me over a year to finally figure out where she was from and who created this omega cute girl.

--------

Personally one of my favorite school uniform is from Yakitate Japan. The one Tsukino wears. It was very very tough to find a image for her in it so im still searching for a good clear shot of it. Till then, imagine.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 00:46   Link #93
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

IMHO Tsukino looks better in her Bakery Uniform/ Apparel . Those apparels are cute and elegant at the same time ^^
Old 2007-02-25, 20:46   Link #94
SilverHead
School Rumble Addict

Thoses 2 are my favorite one :
I's Uniform
School Rumble Uniform

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
SilverHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 20:55   Link #95
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I never really cared for those front flaps on the SR uniforms. And, who's the girl in the back between Tenma and Harima? Is it Lala? (I'm guessing based on her skin color.)

Napoleon looks terrific, and I like the master's pen, too. Nice collection!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 21:39   Link #96
smeg4brainsuk
Ayanami's Concubine

Send a message via MSN to smeg4brainsuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
And, who's the girl in the back between Tenma and Harima? Is it Lala? (I'm guessing based on her skin color.)
Its Ichijou
smeg4brainsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 21:44   Link #97
SilverHead
School Rumble Addict

Ichijou
There's the white/yellow thing in her hair and they are green. Doesnt really show in the picture tho.

And thanks for the comment about this collection
SilverHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 16:41   Link #98
Scourge87
Dark Lord of the West

I can't choose!I like them all! I like the ones that Sailor Mars wore! I just wish when I went to High School, The girls wore uniforms! It would have been awsome!

Last edited by Scourge87; 2007-02-28 at 16:46. Reason: Misspelled
Scourge87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 15:36   Link #99
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Exclamation Tokemeki Memorial - Only Love

I really dig the Tokimeki - Only Love get-ups, dressy black with white
trim and red ribbon like ties. Very nice.
Old 2007-06-18, 19:27   Link #100
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
Your favourite anime uniform

It'll be nice if you could also post a pic of them too...

Anyway here's my favourite :

ToHeart 2 female school uniform
Spoiler for tidiness:

Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~ female school uniform

...and if it can be consideed as uniform then i also like Fate's barrier jacket in Nanoha StrikerS...

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline   Reply With Quote