AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-18, 14:40   Link #1
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Kiminozo Licensed

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8409

Funimation announced today that they have acquired the license to Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. The series will be released in North America as Rumbling Hearts. Volume 1 will be released in October 2006.

Too bad KGNE pissed me off while watching it, makes me wish they had gotten something else.
Old 2006-02-18, 14:57   Link #2
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
It's interesting they chose "Rumbling Hearts", the subtitle for the PS2 port of the game and the name of the opening song instead of something like "The Eternity You Desire." According to roxfan, that's what the title of the Russian release is (translated to Russian, of course).
Old 2006-02-18, 15:05   Link #3
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
...instead of something like "The Eternity You Desire." According to roxfan, that's what the title of the Russian release is (translated to Russian, of course).
"The Eternity You Desire" would simply be the straight translation of the Japanese title.

IMHO this name change is acceptable, I guess. It's pretty clear it works better from a marketing point of view.
Old 2006-02-18, 15:18   Link #4
Jinx626
Yo!!

I am a bit shocked that funimation decided to grab this title. I was expecting a smaller company to pick this title up later on. Hopefully there will not be any edits or anything of that sort. Will pick up DVD's eventually to replace my fansub ones.
Old 2006-02-18, 15:40   Link #5
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

That's good news. I just recently (like last week) saw this series for the first time to see what all the fuss was about. It was a good show. The ending was a bit annoying (I would have liked to actually see Takayuki or Hayase's faces, or get a sense of how they were actually living, instead of hearing that entire picture book's story), but I did like how the show and the characters were such that I felt sad regardless of who was picked in the end.

A little surprising it was ever licensed, since it is based on an H-game, and definitely doesn't have any giant robots, aliens, magic or things like that.

Having said that, "Rumbling Hearts" as a title does sound kind of... gay. But I guess they didn't have a lot of choices (either that or stick with the untranslated "KGNE" name).
Old 2006-02-18, 16:00   Link #6
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Kiminozu was licensed?!! I never thought I'd say this but, thank you funi! Great news indeed, and completely unexpected.
Old 2006-02-18, 16:11   Link #7
Jcubed
Philosopher Stoned

This is great news; it seemed pretty unlikely after the passage of a couple years. I can understand the title change for marketing purposes but I hope they give this anime the respect it deserves.

It's nice to straightup drama/romance get licensed. If the release does well, I suspect it will open the doors for more series in this genre.
Old 2006-02-18, 16:33   Link #8
Ilpalazzo-sama

Wow, hell frozen over, eh? I was literally frozen for a few seconds when I've read this. I hope funi will make a great release from it.
Old 2006-02-18, 16:38   Link #9
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Err oops, I meant the Russian title was a translation of "Rumble Hearts." Sorry for the misunderstanding ^_^;
Old 2006-02-18, 16:39   Link #10
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcubed
This is great news; it seemed pretty unlikely after the passage of a couple years. I can understand the title change for marketing purposes but I hope they give this anime the respect it deserves.
Same. The fact they changed it has set off some slight warning lights, but I honestly thought this would never be licensed and Funimation have definitely become much better over the past few years. I can take the name so long as it's well translated and they don't start messing with the content.

In short : FINALLY!!
Old 2006-02-18, 16:51   Link #11
Ilpalazzo-sama

Bwahaha, this is funny: a WHOIS shows that rumblinghearts.com is registered to funimation since October 7, 2005. Takes quite a while to annouce the license, eh? I remember that some ppl found out that tsubatsachronicles.tv is registered to funimation before funi has annouced the license...
Old 2006-02-18, 17:17   Link #12
Jcubed
Philosopher Stoned

I think funimation registers the websites as soon as they get the idea to even start the process. I remember they registered some websites relating to BECK over a year ago and nothing's come of it.
Old 2006-02-18, 17:24   Link #13
Ilpalazzo-sama

Hmm, I'd rather register it when I get the license (or, when I know I will get the license), but I'm not funimation or any other licensing company
Old 2006-02-18, 17:48   Link #14
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the license announcement. I was just reading the report on ANN and my eyes just skipped the lines dealing with Kiminozo.... until I actually realised what I'd read.

Although I never thought I'd say this.... thank you Funi. Thank you. ^^

-Andiyar
Old 2006-02-18, 17:51   Link #15
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

on the other hand ... if you doesn't register before you get the licence you can end up that a domain pirate can sniff it up that your going to buy it and then steal the domain and ask for a lot of money for it
Old 2006-02-18, 18:05   Link #16
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Dammit you guys beat me to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was about to post all the reports...This forum is dead as hell (which i thought was an advantage)..Oh well...

It could have been worse...atleast all those hoping will finally get an uncut DVD version (If funimation does like they do with all their shows)...I doubt seriously this thing will ever play on [adult swim] though...

A few years ago I would have fallen on my sword after hearing this, but Funimation has gotten their act together (Full Metal Alchemist IMO is a great dub)...Rumbling Hearts sounds kinda cheezy though...They shoulda called it KGNE "The Eternity You Desire"...But i guess it'll be easier to sell "Rumbling Hearts" matching pajama jammy jams ..ya know without all the confusion...
Old 2006-02-18, 18:07   Link #17
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Wow KgNE got licensed. I could care less about the dub, but hey, if series like this gets licensed, won't that open the door to AIR, Kanon, Da Capo, and the rest of the pack?

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Old 2006-02-18, 18:11   Link #18
Ilpalazzo-sama

Well, "The eternity you desire" (or, "The eternity you wish for") holds a good meaning to the series....If you've seen it. But since a lot of people has not seen it yet, "Rumbling Hearts" is a better choice I guess.
Old 2006-02-18, 18:19   Link #19
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
Wow KgNE got licensed. I could care less about the dub, but hey, if series like this gets licensed, won't that open the door to AIR, Kanon, Da Capo, and the rest of the pack?
Hopefully. If that does happen, 2007 might be an expensive year for me.

As for the title change, perhaps funi will be good enough to include reversable covers with the original title as well, to satasify purists. Though I'm not aware of a release that does that, so probably not.
Old 2006-02-18, 18:24   Link #20
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I mean you could have Girls in a basketball tournament and call it "Rumbling hearts"...I think "the eternity you desire" sounds marketable enuff...It's all trivial though because no one thought this thing was gonna ever get licensed...It's the "better than nothing" ratio I guess...Can't wait to hear Spike Speigal or Yusuke Urameshi as Taka XD....