AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-29, 06:25   Link #201
Westlo
Lets be reality

Watched the first two episodes last night, had a smile on my face most of the time, didn't really expect much from this show but it's defiantly one of the more enjoyable shows to watch this season. Mihoshi is a ball of energy, Hime looks like being the shows punching bag and Fumi is awesome!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 13:25   Link #202
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I'm pleasantly surprised that the show is putting a lot of effort into showing why stargazing might not be such a bad hobby. I'm almost watching this show mostly for those epic stargazing moments now. I wouldn't have minded if we only saw the comedic parts, but now there's two reasons to watch this show.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 13:38   Link #203
Theowne
耳をすませば

Indeed, the extended planetarium scene towards the latter half of episode 3 was quite a moment.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 14:51   Link #204
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
Indeed, the extended planetarium scene towards the latter half of episode 3 was quite a moment.
& the outstanding umbrella scene topped it all off.
Old 2009-07-31, 18:00   Link #205
Theowne
耳をすませば

*cough* piano sheets for music from planetarium scene *cough*

Old 2009-08-01, 07:53   Link #206
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

This anime reminds me of Sumomomo Momomo because of both the main characters personality and looks.
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 21:24   Link #207
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep5:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 12:22   Link #208
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

A pic of the main female cast and the mangaka appeared on 2channel today. With brief comments by the seiyuus. Click to enlarge:

Centre: mangaka Kashiwabara Mami. Clockwise from front left: Itou Kanae (Mihoshi), Hayami Saori (Sayo), Koshimizu Ami (Fuumin), Tomatsu Haruka (Hime).

Kanae-chan said she plays Mihoshi like turning on a "genki" switch. Tomatsu-san says she plays Hime to be as cute as possible. Hayamin says they just finished recording ep7 and the atmosphere in the studio is so warm and enjoyable. Amisuke says Fuumin is cool and emotionally tied up inside, so as a seiyuu, when she brings out her feminine side, she has to be careful not to go too far.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-08-05 at 14:40.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 13:09   Link #209
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 5
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 19:45   Link #210
typhonsentra

Damn, we're a full episode behind on this show now. :/

Edit: Okay, now I know for sure someone's fucking with me. That torrent link WAS NOT THERE last time I looked. But just to check.....

...... I suuuuure hope no one gives me a million dollars.....
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 20:12   Link #211
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Edit: Okay, now I know for sure someone's fucking with me. That torrent link WAS NOT THERE last time I looked. But just to check.....

...... I suuuuure hope no one gives me a million dollars.....
I suuuuure hope no one accidentally sends the million dollars they meant to send to you to me by accident... since that would be rather more along the theme of the universe messing with you.
Old 2009-08-05, 20:15   Link #212
ikaroh

Great series! I'm loving every bit of it.

When I first saw this series, I had to show it to my friend. He loves astronomy and shows about book worms. He loved the series too!

Here's hoping to the series staying good throughout it's run!
ikaroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 02:02   Link #213
Theowne
耳をすませば

Episode 4: I dunno, I sort of feel like things are getting a bit dull. The stargazing scene at the end didn't have the same impact as the planetarium scene from episode 3. There were a lot of moments where I just lost interest, many of them involving the loud photography club guy (I don't remember his name). So in the end....meh.

Old 2009-08-06, 02:40   Link #214
Johnny
Working the bags...

Agree with abit stale part for ep 4 & 5, but somehow Mihoshi's little quirks always amuse me. End of ep 4 when Fumie finds them sleeping together was hilarious. The Pres laying face down in blood is priceless, never get's old...

Been waiting on the upcoming episodes, bring on the drama...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 03:53   Link #215
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

If there's one thing this show knows how to do, it's the night sky shots. This might be the closest thing to Planetrian we'll ever be likely to see.

Episode 6 looks like the SC Presiden'ts confession. Bookworm Saku sure is building up his harem.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 04:39   Link #216
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Episode 6 looks like the SC Presiden'ts confession. Bookworm Saku sure is building up his harem.
It's hard to believe, though i hope you're right regarding Fumin's confession. It does look that way anyway, though i don't think i'll be tricked by the preview just yet.
Old 2009-08-06, 05:04   Link #217
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I'm pleasantly surprised that the show is putting a lot of effort into showing why stargazing might not be such a bad hobby. I'm almost watching this show mostly for those epic stargazing moments now. I wouldn't have minded if we only saw the comedic parts, but now there's two reasons to watch this show.
To me, the stargazing parts cancel out the comedy parts and make the show overall only slightly positive, as opposed to significantly positive.

I've been out stargazing at night. I've taken astronomy classes in college. I love stars, I love space, and looking up at the sky at night is pretty awesome once in a while. But it's not that awesome. Maybe there's some prejudice against stargazing in Japan or something, but I feel like the show is being overly defensive for no reason and that puts me off quite a bit. I feel like it's calling me an idiot for disagreeing with its thesis, especially since it emphasizes the stupid part of Astronomy, the constellations (technically this is astrology, luckily we made up a new word for the good parts so we don't have to associate ourselves with astrology). In other words, I like Astronomy less after watching this show, and whenever those scenes pop up I just roll my eyes and wait for them to end.

I dunno, when we watch shows about art clubs do we see long scenes trying to convince us of the wonders of painting? No. Sports? No. ..and I can't think of any other kinds of clubs that have formed the center of a series, but anyway I'm not sure why this one emphasizes it so much. I'm guessing that the author is an amateur Astronomy fan, but it's a bit much.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 07:53   Link #218
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Astrology is to use the stars for divination. Astronomy is a science.

To tell the truth, I have no idea what an astronomy club can do to "prove its worth (or pull its weight)" to the school population and the Student Council. Even in a series like K-On!, the activities of the club becomes a plot point. It boils down to the literal survival (and recognisation) of the club.
Old 2009-08-06, 08:07   Link #219
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
To me, the stargazing parts cancel out the comedy parts and make the show overall only slightly positive, as opposed to significantly positive.

I've been out stargazing at night. I've taken astronomy classes in college. I love stars, I love space, and looking up at the sky at night is pretty awesome once in a while. But it's not that awesome. Maybe there's some prejudice against stargazing in Japan or something, but I feel like the show is being overly defensive for no reason and that puts me off quite a bit. I feel like it's calling me an idiot for disagreeing with its thesis, especially since it emphasizes the stupid part of Astronomy, the constellations (technically this is astrology, luckily we made up a new word for the good parts so we don't have to associate ourselves with astrology). In other words, I like Astronomy less after watching this show, and whenever those scenes pop up I just roll my eyes and wait for them to end.
I guess in some ways if you've already become a bit jaded with it, it might not be as appealing. But I guess I somehow share the interest of highschoolers who basically are only starting to realize their passion for their hobbies. As for being defensive about the club, I think it's mostly because of the mangaka trying to setup the drama and other types of tension that can be made. Somewhat cliche way to do it, but whatever. If there's anything that is unadulteratedly awesome, it's probably planetariums, because some planetariums out there just really know how to put on a show.

And really, haven't we ALL been a little defensive of our hobbies at least once? Like for me, I get totally witch-hunted for liking anime/manga/videogames. So I can totally sympathize with any groups that are castigated like that. But in the star-gazing club in this case, it's the idea that the club has 'nothing to do' or just lazes around. It's only the literary club's president that is giving them any real grief.

Quote:
I dunno, when we watch shows about art clubs do we see long scenes trying to convince us of the wonders of painting? No. Sports? No. ..and I can't think of any other kinds of clubs that have formed the center of a series, but anyway I'm not sure why this one emphasizes it so much. I'm guessing that the author is an amateur Astronomy fan, but it's a bit much.
Eh, I have to really disagree with this one. There are so many anime out there that centers around one club, it's borderline ridiculous. And of course, they always stress the good parts over some of the bad parts of their hobbies. Like the stinky Kendo-gear in Bamboo Blade or the times you simply can't find artistic inspiration like in Sketchbook.

I actually admire the mangaka whether she is an amateur or not, at least to make the manga popular enough to put the hobby out like this.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 08:11   Link #220
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

@SuperKnuckles: The kicker is that the lit. club president is ALSO the Student Council President. So yes, they are in a bit of a situation.

Tags
comedy, romance, school life, seinen