AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-03-07, 20:26   Link #3521
Tiberium Wolf

I went to several sites and none said what bitdefender filter would do. I dont think I have virus anyway. From that link of yours: Result: 0/42 (0%) == ???
Old 2010-03-07, 22:02   Link #3522
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
I went to several sites and none said what bitdefender filter would do. I dont think I have virus anyway. From that link of yours: Result: 0/42 (0%) == ???
Then your NDIS driver is not corrupt and you should look at BitDefender as what is causing the issue. As for what the filter does... It is a filter at the network driver level, so it follows that it filters activity involving network drivers (whether that means traffic or interference with network drivers themselves I can't say, but I'd guess the former).

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 03:16   Link #3523
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Anyone knows why every time i want to change the name of an mp4 file, the system said the file is currently being used by another person or programs. While similar video file (mkv, avi, etc) does not have such same problem?
Old 2010-03-08, 04:47   Link #3524
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
Then your NDIS driver is not corrupt and you should look at BitDefender as what is causing the issue. As for what the filter does... It is a filter at the network driver level, so it follows that it filters activity involving network drivers (whether that means traffic or interference with network drivers themselves I can't say, but I'd guess the former).
But turning it off is not turning off the firewall right? I read in wiki what NDIS means what I don't know is what functionality I am turning off.
Old 2010-03-08, 05:43   Link #3525
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Anyone knows why every time i want to change the name of an mp4 file, the system said the file is currently being used by another person or programs. While similar video file (mkv, avi, etc) does not have such same problem?
Did you play this file prior to renaming it? And if so, did you close the player? If you closed it, check your active processes (in the Task Manager) to see if you still have it running in the background.
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 07:16   Link #3526
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Did you play this file prior to renaming it? And if so, did you close the player? If you closed it, check your active processes (in the Task Manager) to see if you still have it running in the background.
I haven't played that file before so probably not that..... :|
Old 2010-03-08, 07:28   Link #3527
speck123

Quote:
I haven't played that file before so probably not that..... :|
To expand what Lord of Fire said: any program that is either reading from or writing to the file will put a lock on it. For example, you downloaded through bittorrent and are still seeding back, then you won't be able to change the file name.
speck123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 10:42   Link #3528
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by speck123 View Post
To expand what Lord of Fire said: any program that is either reading from or writing to the file will put a lock on it. For example, you downloaded through bittorrent and are still seeding back, then you won't be able to change the file name.
I knows that, but firstly i did make sure no such program on, and secondly: as mentioned, two files both could be dled by bitorrent (or direct dling), from the same website, but only the mp4 file face such problem. The Mkv and Avi are fine....

Out of 9 files, all four mp4 could not be renamed , while the other five can. It can't be that coincidence
Old 2010-03-08, 12:12   Link #3529
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Are these silly questions or Tech subforum questions?
Old 2010-03-08, 14:39   Link #3530
Solafighter
Hige

There is this series, called "Akibatteru" (Here, episode 2). Does someone know, how many episodes are out of this and where to watch them all? Only 3 or 4 episodes are on youtube.

Thanks in advance.
Old 2010-03-08, 15:18   Link #3531
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
2ch is like the Japanese equivalent of 4chan (and existed before 4chan) , things are done for massive lolz by random users which come from all sorts of backgrounds. I don't scroll on 2ch myself, I keep it English but the reactions on it are very funny. If you think it is offensive then stay away from chanboards in general, because yes they are done by what you call "members" though because of the anonymous system there are no members and if something is a popular thing to do then it isn't a small minority doing these things. If you don't like it stay away from chanboards and if you post English things on 2ch then prepare for rampage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That is just a minority Dream. Most of the people there are only interested in discussing what in going to happen in the next Baka Test episode, or trivial things.

These kind of stuff only escalate when people start drawing lines. But it is a anonymous bulletin, so who can we blame when this happens?
Reading these two posts made me think of another questions.

Does internet bring out the real natural of humans that they hid in public because of the views that it is seen as wrong? The views that they can't express in public such as racist views they have towards other. Or are they doing it just because they believe it to be innocent fun and just for the laugh as internet shouldn't really be treated seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
W.R.P. to this >> Post << ...

Spoiler:

EDIT :

2Chan is Korean equivalent of DC Inside

Site : http://dcinside.com/
I haven't heard that site until now. Very interested to check it out.
Old 2010-03-08, 15:51   Link #3532
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

There is a supposed rivalry going on between DC and 2Chan . If rumors are to be believed the attack was organized by denizens of DC Inside .
Old 2010-03-08, 19:57   Link #3533
speck123

Quote:
I knows that, but firstly i did make sure no such program on, and secondly: as mentioned, two files both could be dled by bitorrent (or direct dling), from the same website, but only the mp4 file face such problem. The Mkv and Avi are fine....

Out of 9 files, all four mp4 could not be renamed , while the other five can. It can't be that coincidence
Why this happens? Who knows. If I would take a stab at it, whatever application you used to download it either didn't unlock the files or crashed before it did.

Generally, you could look up some file unlocking software. I generally don't make recommendations of software I don't use, so you gotta look for it yourself. But before that, try playing the file first. Your media player software should unlock the file after you close the app.
Old 2010-03-08, 20:03   Link #3534
speck123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
There is this series, called "Akibatteru" (Here, episode 2). Does someone know, how many episodes are out of this and where to watch them all? Only 3 or 4 episodes are on youtube.

Thanks in advance.
Try facebook.

It would seem that they have released 11 episodes.
Old 2010-03-08, 20:17   Link #3535
Zarifus

I think alot of people here are getting 2ch confused with 2chan. Suprisingly, they're actually two very different sites, 2chan is an image board like what 4chan is, while 2ch is a BBS text only based board. 2ch tends to be the more well known board of the two (though both are quite (in)famous). The supposed korean attack was aimed at the 2ch website (whos servers are ironically hosted in the US)
Zarifus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 08:39   Link #3536
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Why this happens? Who knows. If I would take a stab at it, whatever application you used to download it either didn't unlock the files or crashed before it did.

Generally, you could look up some file unlocking software. I generally don't make recommendations of software I don't use, so you gotta look for it yourself. But before that, try playing the file first. Your media player software should unlock the file after you close the app.
Your method seems work somehow.

I played that file, then turned the media solfware off and immediately after that it can be moved . Wait for 1-2 mins , and it said it's used by another program again xD

It's super silly solution, i have to say....

PS: I used Zoom Player and PCCC, as expected
Old 2010-03-09, 11:06   Link #3537
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

SCIENCE QUESTION :

Does magnetic therapy work IRL?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 13:57   Link #3538
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Try facebook.

It would seem that they have released 11 episodes.
Thanks.
Old 2010-03-09, 15:40   Link #3539
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
SCIENCE QUESTION :

Does magnetic therapy work IRL?
No clinical trials seem to suggest that it does...though it may have some placebo power. Strap a convincing enough magnet onto someone who doesn't know any better and they'll think it must work.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 18:35   Link #3540
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Hey, does somebody know what this type of music falls under? Nowadays there seems to be a billion specific music genre names and I never know what is what. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBQZGnqqAL0

I plan on adding things like this to my Wipeout HD playlist.

Thanks!

Tags
problem, q&a, serious