AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-28, 14:04   Link #1841
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I assume this is why they didn't bother with the buildup of relationship between who you're going to wed. Since you will just do silly/cruel things after the marriage
Old 2011-12-28, 14:37   Link #1842
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I actually didn't do any of those things; I'm actually such a sap I even moved my wife out of a city when it was about to be attacked in the civil war campaign just in case, and waited at the destination to make sure she made it there before continuing on with the game.

I find it really hard to be a bad guy in rpgs for some reason.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 15:09   Link #1843
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I have to admit I was hoping for a LITTLE bit of romancing (or "winning the mate's affection). Dragon Age kind of spoiled me in that regard (winning the companion seemed more important than the epic challenges ). Not "hey you, want to frolic? O wait, we won't really do that... you'll just move in and be a "house pet" of sorts like in MMOs."
Old 2011-12-28, 15:16   Link #1844
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I actually didn't do any of those things; I'm actually such a sap I even moved my wife out of a city when it was about to be attacked in the civil war campaign just in case, and waited at the destination to make sure she made it there before continuing on with the game.

I find it really hard to be a bad guy in rpgs for some reason.
Often time there is no good or bad, only grey.

If you do not get your hands onto those daedric artifacts, someone else might and use them to cause trouble around the world instead.

Your wife is just trying her best to support your ideal, serving you home cooked meals and sharing some of her money with you is the least she can do for the dragonborn.

Just like Iri of Fate/Zero .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I have to admit I was hoping for a LITTLE bit of romancing (or "winning the mate's affection). Dragon Age kind of spoiled me in that regard (winning the companion seemed more important than the epic challenges ). Not "hey you, want to frolic? O wait, we won't really do that... you'll just move in and be a "house pet" of sorts like in MMOs."
I still find DragonAge romancing to be real shallow: there are not that many "moments" shared between the hero and the target which would really fortify the relationship. For the most part its doing a quest for the target (such as killing her mother). This may be a result of being able to romance someone who you do not even bring along to your adventure.

It would be epic if your companion stories are integrated with various quests and plot development (reference various eroges).
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 15:30   Link #1845
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post

If you do not get your hands onto those daedric artifacts, someone else might and use them to cause trouble around the world instead.

Your wife is just trying her best to support your ideal, serving you home cooked meals and sharing some of her money with you is the least she can do for the dragonborn.

Just like Iri of Fate/Zero .
Jokes about unhappy marriages aside, I'll just say that I don't exactly consider leading one's wife up to a remote shrine in the mountains and then betraying and murdering her to be "grey".
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 15:31   Link #1846
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
I still find DragonAge romancing to be real shallow: there are not that many "moments" shared between the hero and the target which would really fortify the relationship. For the most part its doing a quest for the target (such as killing her mother). This may be a result of being able to romance someone who you do not even bring along to your adventure.

It would be epic if your companion stories are integrated with various quests and plot development (reference various eroges).
Yeah... Mass Effect series actually did it a bit better. And I'd be totally in on buying anything like that sentence in your post

I've been a bit spoiled by the japanese works and I keep seeing growing hints of it in Western RPGs. The trick is to have more and more players demanding it.
Old 2011-12-28, 16:14   Link #1847
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I've started playing not that long ago, and I have a question. Is there some kind of third option between the Stormcloaks and the Empire (aside from not advancing the war at all)?

I mean, I first went with the Stormcloaks because of the whole "almost chopping the player's head off" thing. Plus, the Nord expo-speak guy is kind of a nice guy. But the more I speak with the other Stormcloaks, the more I realize they're actually racist assholes.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 17:46   Link #1848
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

No third party at all sadly. It's either the Imperials or the Stormcloaks, or just not advancing the war at all.
Old 2011-12-28, 18:19   Link #1849
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Anh Minh: Yeah, the only things you can do is stop advancing the Civil War story via the peace conference, or seeing the thing through. The Stormcloaks in general are a bunch of jackasses though, particularly Ulfric.
Old 2011-12-28, 18:30   Link #1850
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wouldn't racism seem rather normal for the time frame style (Dark Ages)?
Old 2011-12-28, 18:38   Link #1851
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I've started playing not that long ago, and I have a question. Is there some kind of third option between the Stormcloaks and the Empire (aside from not advancing the war at all)?

I mean, I first went with the Stormcloaks because of the whole "almost chopping the player's head off" thing. Plus, the Nord expo-speak guy is kind of a nice guy. But the more I speak with the other Stormcloaks, the more I realize they're actually racist assholes.
Really, in the end the Imperials and Nords are of the same blood. They are not so different.

The only question you have to ask is which ruler of each Hold you hate the most and want replaced. If you really hate a ruler in a hold, then go the opposite direction in the story to the ruler's position and he/she would be displaced.
Old 2011-12-28, 20:02   Link #1852
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Not really. Just talking with many of the townsfolk in the various holds OTHER than Windhelm will let you see that, in general, Skyrim folk don't really mind what race or ethnicity you're part of. Deeds, not words, and all that.

Ulfric however espouses a 'Nords for Skyrim' mindset. Someone else described it perfectly: Ulfric would gladly mobilize his personal guard if a Nord somewhere suffers so much as a papercut, but doesn't care a whit about everyone else (like the Dunmer being attacked by bandits right in his hold!).
Old 2011-12-28, 20:16   Link #1853
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well..yeah.. but if you're playing as a dark elf, you're not likely to side with the Storms after visiting that nasty little city to the east. Its absolutely normal / in context - but it may affect how your character sees it. My Nord is 'stormcloak all the way'' (rawr), but my dark elf ended up proving Nord racist nightmares
Old 2011-12-28, 20:23   Link #1854
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Yeah that's the justification I told myself while doing the Mehrunes' Razor quest, but in that case you should have no problem saying "screw you" to Vaermina since the quest allows you to destroy his artifact

Quote:

But hey, at least you get to talk to them and learn more about them, as compared to the 'romance' in Skyrim or Fable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

Nah, in my experience there's rarely a third choice when it comes to the quests.

Once you pick it up, it's either do or don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
No third party at all sadly. It's either the Imperials or the Stormcloaks, or just not advancing the war at all.

lol, indecisive protagonists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The only question you have to ask is which ruler of each Hold you hate the most and want replaced. If you really hate a ruler in a hold, then go the opposite direction in the story to the ruler's position and he/she would be displaced.
And hope that all the Jarl you hates are on the same side Sometimes it doesn't change for the better...

Like Riften... >.>
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 21:35   Link #1855
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I have a question about Muiri. I read in a Skyrim wiki that she is "a contact for the Dark Brotherhood questline". So...is she bad? Or is it a grey area with her (is she kind of bad?)?

Here are pics of her to refresh one's memory, if needed.

Spoiler for Pictures:
Old 2011-12-28, 21:52   Link #1856
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I have a question about Muiri. I read in a Skyrim wiki that she is "a contact for the Dark Brotherhood questline". So...is she bad? Or is it a grey area with her (is she kind of bad?)?

Here are pics of her to refresh one's memory, if needed.

Spoiler for Pictures:
Spoiler for Muiri:
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 22:00   Link #1857
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

It's a grey area withMuiri. Personally I didn't think she deserved much sympathy considering she seriously wanted Nilsine dead as well, but she's really a victim of circumstances.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 22:25   Link #1858
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

So it is a grey area with her. Hmm...

Before I marry anyone, I need a house. Or you can marry someone before you have a house and then have them move in with you, huh?

Can you get perk benefits outside of perks? If I level up Marksman enough via trainers and using the bow and arrows, can I get faster draw and zooming?

I'm still early in the game. Where can I find a chest to store items. Or do I have to wait to buy a house? If I put items in a chest in one house, but then buy another house, will the items be in more than one chest?
Old 2011-12-28, 22:28   Link #1859
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
So it is a grey area with her. Hmm...

Before I marry anyone, I need a house. Or you can marry someone before you have a house and then have them move in with you, huh?

Can you get perk benefits outside of perks? If I level up Marksman enough via trainers and using the bow and arrows, can I get faster draw and zooming?
You can marry someone even though you don't have a house (one of the dialogue options afterwards is 'But if you want, you can move in with me' if that spouse has property), though it's advisable to do so.

As to the latter, training really only increases the effects of the skill. In the case for Archery, you do slightly more damage per point you gain in the skill, and nothing else. You really need the perks for drawing faster and slowing down time.
Old 2011-12-28, 22:33   Link #1860
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
You can marry someone even though you don't have a house (one of the dialogue options afterwards is 'But if you want, you can move in with me' if that spouse has property), though it's advisable to do so.
What is advisable? To have a house before marriage, or to move in with the spouse who has property? And if you move in with them, can they move in with you to a house if you get a house later on? Can they move to different houses if you get more than one house?

Looks like I'll have to spend perk points wisely. The level cap is 50, so only 50 perk points?

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim