AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-07-27, 18:06   Link #141
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Lucy a great character, she the type that is a underdog in situations, but pulls through.

I notice her ability to take hits has increase. When Natsu was sleeping and punch Lucy with enough force to send her through the roof and landed in the river and she was fine after that.

Can't wait for some romance, when the manga is wrap up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonataStar View Post
I like Lucy a lot although I prefer Ezra more
This doesn't add anything to the dicussion and I believe its more appropriate to post that in Erza thread.
Old 2012-08-13, 23:06   Link #142
sergel02

Wondering if there is some Lucy and Midnight connection.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 09:45   Link #143
winterbaby
вelιnda

Lucy isnt one my favorite charcters. She is more of the supporter in Team Natsu. She is the person who complains a lot but, encourages the whole team to not give up. And because she talks a lot, she is nagger in the team.
Old 2012-08-17, 19:36   Link #144
ginger02

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterbaby View Post
Lucy isnt one my favorite charcters. She is more of the supporter in Team Natsu. She is the person who complains a lot but, encourages the whole team to not give up. And because she talks a lot, she is nagger in the team.

She is the one who helps out the guild and Fairy Tail in more hidden ways. She has a connection to almost every member, which i love.

About those connections, I want to see more of her relationship with Gajeel, given their history.

I do like how she's using most of her spirits in the latest arc too.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 21:29   Link #145
ginger02

I really liked Lucy in this arc. Seeing how she developed and what she did at the end. Kind of sad though still.
Old 2012-10-01, 06:14   Link #146
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It really was a nice piece of added depth to her character, I always like it when the usual comic relief characters get their own arcs.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 22:59   Link #147
Vmem

Well, I feel sad that thus far, Lucy has been reduced to a punching bag (first flare, then Minerva, then just captured)

I really hope she tries to use Urano Metroia again, that was one of the most epic moments of FT history. if that fails, well, just use Lucy Kick on something for comic relief
Vmem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 07:38   Link #148
bowie-sensei

I don't really like Lucy as a character, but she has her good sides, too. She isn't that powerful, yeah, we gotta admit it, but this way the show is more interesting. Because there's no way everyone can be freakishly powerful, right? Also, I'm sure that Mashima is preparing a surprise.. I don't know, I just feel this way. Like showing us some hidden power of Lucy. Although she's not completely useless as some people say.
Old 2013-01-14, 23:43   Link #149
mtgowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowie-sensei View Post
I don't really like Lucy as a character, but she has her good sides, too. She isn't that powerful, yeah, we gotta admit it, but this way the show is more interesting. Because there's no way everyone can be freakishly powerful, right? Also, I'm sure that Mashima is preparing a surprise.. I don't know, I just feel this way. Like showing us some hidden power of Lucy. Although she's not completely useless as some people say.
I find her one of the most "realistic" characters in the anime. A lot of people dislike her exceeding cheekiness, idealism and occasional "blonde" moments - but what would you expect from a 17 years old who spent her whole life sheltered in a mansion? If anything, she's the one person who's always in character.
mtgowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 23:52   Link #150
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgowns View Post
I find her one of the most "realistic" characters in the anime. A lot of people dislike her exceeding cheekiness, idealism and occasional "blonde" moments - but what would you expect from a 17 years old who spent her whole life sheltered in a mansion? If anything, she's the one person who's always in character.
indeed i dont get why peoples dont like her, or why the underwhelming her too much, she defeated angel, bixlow, the edolas byron version, defeated cherry, was overwhelming flare(she loose because was cheated and not due being weak), lucy improved very well, can sumon 2 spirits, and can make then does unison raider, can cast uranometria(the ultimate celestial magician spell) showed a regular melee to melee fight ability(of course not on par with all the freaking insane powerfulls around her but enough to defender self from not too strong melee fighters or at last to saver her), and she among natsu make one of the best pairings of the manga (loosing only to gray x juvia), they are so nice and fun together, and indeed she is the "most normal person" in the guild where almost everyone is a freaking crazy person, indeed she not the most strong among her team but she deserves her place( at last even natsu prefer her than the others ate his side), she is a character to bring sense to the guild.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 14:45   Link #151
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
indeed i dont get why peoples dont like her, or why the underwhelming her too much, she defeated angel, bixlow, the edolas byron version, defeated cherry, was overwhelming flare(she loose because was cheated and not due being weak), lucy improved very well, can sumon 2 spirits, and can make then does unison raider, can cast uranometria(the ultimate celestial magician spell) showed a regular melee to melee fight ability(of course not on par with all the freaking insane powerfulls around her but enough to defender self from not too strong melee fighters or at last to saver her), and she among natsu make one of the best pairings of the manga (loosing only to gray x juvia), they are so nice and fun together, and indeed she is the "most normal person" in the guild where almost everyone is a freaking crazy person, indeed she not the most strong among her team but she deserves her place( at last even natsu prefer her than the others ate his side), she is a character to bring sense to the guild.
Honestly people don't like characters for alot reasons just look at Erza she constantly gets hated on about plot armor and Namaka power ups so even if they do make Lucy the only thing that'll change is the theme of the complaints.

The thing is though Lucy performance in most of her battles really hasn't been that strong. Usually when Lucy wins it's a come from behind victory which doesn't even make her look all that strong at the end and her opptents usually come across as being fairly weak. As for being able to summon spirits at once well the problem there is Lucy's celestial spirits they've been used as cannon foder and comic relief so much that most readers view them as a joke. As for Urano Metoria we don't know if it's going to live up to it's hype it was enough to take out Angel but she's not a tank type of character and didn't go dowm immedieatly.

I also don't think they should change a thing Natsu and Lucy have great chemistry and the team has a nice balance right now.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 13:21   Link #152
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
I think the big problem is, and this has been stated before... a Celestial mage like Lucy has the potential to be freakishly OP. I mean, she can summon 10 different spirits now, two at a time, which gives insane possibilities for combos. The strength of her spirits is equal to her magic strength, so if her magic power was on par with someone like Gray or Natsu or Erza, she'd essentially enter into any fight with a 10 on 1 advantage. No one would be able to stand up to her.

I mean, if her magic power was on par with Flare's, she could use gemini to copy all of Flare's powers, knowledge, and skills... and then summon one more spirit (cancer to keep cutting Flare's hair?). And now Flare is facing herself, a spirit that is destroying her only advantage, and Lucy with a whip. She wouldn't have had a chance.

Thus, Mashima needs to make her kinda weak in comparison to other people, or risk making her too overpowered. It's a delicate situation, and I'd kinda agree that he could do a bit better.

Last edited by Kaijo; 2013-01-20 at 21:12.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 13:26   Link #153
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

i think her magic power along with her spirits are well balanced, as far as i can remember as per to the contract she makes with her apritis they have fixed days and time in which she can summon them, it's not like she can summon any spirit at any time, or else we might be having Loke around everytime she gets in trouble,
so even if she has advantage of powerful spirits, their usage is limited.
Old 2013-01-20, 21:14   Link #154
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Yeah, I remember that contract stipulation, but we haven't seen it come up. Never a time when Lucy says, "I'll summon Cancer! No, wait, I can't, it's Tuesday." And we haven't seen her actually work out terms of a contract, except with Plue. I understand why; so Mashima has wiggle room to summon whoever he wants, whenever he wants.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 22:13   Link #155
mtgowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Yeah, I remember that contract stipulation, but we haven't seen it come up. Never a time when Lucy says, "I'll summon Cancer! No, wait, I can't, it's Tuesday." And we haven't seen her actually work out terms of a contract, except with Plue. I understand why; so Mashima has wiggle room to summon whoever he wants, whenever he wants.
There seems to be stipulations with Aquarius and Scorpio though; they're on a "date" half the time she tries to summon them but it's not clear whether if it's based on the day of the week or if it's just whenever they feel like it.

Keep in mind though that in the most recent episode:

Spoiler for celestial:
mtgowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 23:42   Link #156
ellessarr
Banned

if i'm not wrong, in a Q&A or interview mashima stated who the contract can change overtime based on the power and the bond between the wizard and the spirit, how more the wizard and the bond become strong overtime then the wizard can summon more times the spirit not just what was originally in the contract(and the spirit if really want can open for himself the gate).

some good exemples are virgo, horologuium and leo specially vigo they can free open they gates anytime they want(horologuium when he sense a big danger and natsu not near lucy, virgo anytime she want do some maid/swinsuit fanservice and Loki when he want flirt with lucy.

and that the problem with the bitch aquarius she "likes to bully" lucy >.> this make me really hate her hardly, all the times who lucy need her help and aquarius leave lucy in the middle of the troubles "just to go on a date with scorpio", allmost of the times aquarius give the vib who she true dont really care for lucy and only accept stay with lucy because lucy previous mother wish(maybe she was true loyal to lucy mother) and because lucy also have scorpio key.

lucy really a too much good person if was me i already burned the contract and buried her key in a place where no one living can find and call scorpio all the days just for her never can go a date with him.

Last edited by ellessarr; 2013-01-20 at 23:53.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 14:12   Link #157
Ukeasan

Ahh Lucy, I'd prefer her to Natsu as the main hero personally. At least she learns and develop some character mature wise.
Ukeasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 00:11   Link #158
ginger02

^ Well she is the protagonist of the story, so I guess she kind is the main person in a way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
if i'm not wrong, in a Q&A or interview mashima stated who the contract can change overtime based on the power and the bond between the wizard and the spirit, how more the wizard and the bond become strong overtime then the wizard can summon more times the spirit not just what was originally in the contract(and the spirit if really want can open for himself the gate).

some good exemples are virgo, horologuium and leo specially vigo they can free open they gates anytime they want(horologuium when he sense a big danger and natsu not near lucy, virgo anytime she want do some maid/swinsuit fanservice and Loki when he want flirt with lucy.
I remember this too. In fact I think maybe even Lucy said it at some point herself. Stronger bonds and the contracts change.
Old 2013-01-28, 04:13   Link #159
Ukeasan

You know what makes Lucy awesome; she's the only one in Fairy Tail that doesn't want to get into f-ing retarded stupid brawls! Hell, most of the time she doesn't even want to get involved, but Natsu like an asshole drags her along anyway.

Lucy wants to pay her rent. She wants to go shopping. She wants to write her book. Lucy wants to do alot of things.

What usually happens is she ends up being publically stripped naked because Natsu can't go a day without being a wart on her butt.
Ukeasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 15:12   Link #160
Casshern

^^Yeah, but she secretly liiiiikes it
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character discussion