AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode(s) 25/26 Rating
Perfect 10 106 38.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 70 25.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 13.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 31 11.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 4.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 1.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.44%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 1.08%
1 out of 10 : Painful 10 3.60%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-26, 12:00   Link #521
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg
It's Nina, only someone from the royal family of windbloom can use the Harmonium.

Arika is probably not strong enough to wear the "full" version of her Robe, so for now she has an ugly and less powerfull version of her mother robe (the full pink version was way better than the pink/blue one she has at the end).
so wat was about arika and harmonium opening with 2 lights before she made a contract with mashiro?
Old 2006-06-27, 03:02   Link #522
bl4xb0x
AKA Merlow
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to bl4xb0x Send a message via MSN to bl4xb0x Send a message via Yahoo to bl4xb0x
That was because Arika and Mashiro together filled two of the three roles needed in order to operate the Harmonium. If memory serves, Arika filled the Guardian Role, Mashiro provided the song, but they were missing the Conductor, which was Nina.

Nina operated as all three because she filled the Guardian Role (She did beat Shadow Mikoto), she has the song from Aoi, and she was the true princess of Wind Bloom, the Conductor.
Old 2006-06-27, 13:05   Link #523
X207
Gamyūsa

sorry if im asking many wuestions but who was in the gold baby case and what was the blue sky saffire doing there?
Old 2006-06-27, 16:27   Link #524
Miles Teg

That was Nina, the real princess of Windbloom.

Since the Blue Sky Saphire is the stone for the Otome of Windbloom, it's logic that the pendant was given to the baby (the heir of Windbloom).
Old 2006-06-27, 23:30   Link #525
X207
Gamyūsa

so technically it would hav been given to arika eventually and nina wouldve had arike as her otome?
Old 2006-06-28, 00:05   Link #526
bl4xb0x
AKA Merlow
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to bl4xb0x Send a message via MSN to bl4xb0x Send a message via Yahoo to bl4xb0x
Well, if things went as they were supposed to, and Rena was able to see her daughter and raise her as she was supposed to if she wasn't killed, then yes. That's how it should have been...
Old 2006-06-28, 11:16   Link #527
BigPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207
so technically it would hav been given to arika eventually and nina wouldve had arike as her otome?
That was probably the intention.
Old 2006-06-28, 22:56   Link #528
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
I got a question which has bug me for a while is Fumi relate to Arika?
Old 2006-06-28, 23:05   Link #529
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxanato
Not at all. But it's still muddled if she is related to Mashiro or not.
Old 2006-06-29, 09:35   Link #530
BigPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxanato
Arika is a descendent of the Searrs, as indicated by how MIYU sees her, shining with Alyssa's light.

Miyu once makes a cryptic comment about Mashiro and Fumi's Master, but we know nothing of Fumi's actual descendents, or whether there are even any living. As a Shinso she must have had at least one child, but we never learn anything more.
Old 2006-07-01, 13:17   Link #531
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Seems I'm a little late in the game in terms of watching this series, and I must say it's pretty good overall. Very different from HiME but sports a similar tone - well, the "school atmosphere" thing was probably minor thing compared to the politics of the planet which took centre stage. I really liked Arika despite the fact that most people find her annoying an what not, and her with Nina made the ultimate odd couple :P. I was happy since it didn't go with the "everyone dies" ending, and they got rid of the whole "contract" system. It was awsome seeing everyone in their robes (Miss Maria?!?! Looking kinda hot there...). Nagi also gets it at the end, seeing as he's now at the mercy of the Cat God, Mitoko! Guwahahaha!

What sorta bothered me was the fight between Nina and Arika - they sorta took the Gundam shortcut of battles: flying LED lights collide! Sergey and Nina get a second chance, but that sorta left me with a "meh" feeling rather than the "awww" I think they were trying to get at.
EDIT: I wanted Sergey to MAN UP and start acting like a father for Nina. Instead I was treated to some incestuous pedophilia. Though he DID let her keep her privilage to be an Otome, but the idea that he was going to take that away... *shudders*
Biggest problem: Erstine dies. What. The. Heck. But this is war man, and they would've killed someone off anyways. And seriously, what's with the whole "makie,makie" thing?

I think I've gotten a hang of the confusion in parentage I initially had in the beginning (Otome's Child =/= Queen's Child, rightful heir?).

Last edited by fict_ticious; 2006-07-02 at 20:46.
Old 2006-10-06, 06:45   Link #532
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
About the episode 26 of mai otome...

Hi guys, i like to know what exactly is this about. can you guys compare the scenes between the TV version and the DVD version of mai otome episode 26? I heard that the DVD version has nothing about the director's cut version instead the Mai HiME ending. It just the creditless in the show. Can anybody tell me? Any comments?

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2006-10-06 at 09:17.
Old 2006-10-20, 01:41   Link #533
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafri View Post
Hi guys, i like to know what exactly is this about. can you guys compare the scenes between the TV version and the DVD version of mai otome episode 26? I heard that the DVD version has nothing about the director's cut version instead the Mai HiME ending. It just the creditless in the show. Can anybody tell me? Any comments?

The TV version and DVD version of Mai Otome 26 is the same. It's just that the DVD offers a creditless version of episode 26 as well as include Mai's little blurb from the TV broadcast between the airing of episodes 25 and 26.

Meanwhile, did anyone else find that Mai is visible in episode 26's title screen right after the 5 Pillars materialize? She's really tiny, but she's there to the left. I originally thought that scene was really cool with the 5 Pillars' debut and all (well, 4 Pillars). But now it kind of ruins it with Mai standing there kind of awkward, not belonging. XD
Old 2006-10-28, 16:35   Link #534
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
The TV version and DVD version of Mai Otome 26 is the same. It's just that the DVD offers a creditless version of episode 26 as well as include Mai's little blurb from the TV broadcast between the airing of episodes 25 and 26.

Meanwhile, did anyone else find that Mai is visible in episode 26's title screen right after the 5 Pillars materialize? She's really tiny, but she's there to the left. I originally thought that scene was really cool with the 5 Pillars' debut and all (well, 4 Pillars). But now it kind of ruins it with Mai standing there kind of awkward, not belonging. XD
Nope. Tell me about it.
Old 2006-10-28, 17:51   Link #535
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafri View Post
Nope. Tell me about it.
Here is what I'm talking about from the start of episode 26.

Old 2006-10-28, 21:25   Link #536
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Here is what I'm talking about from the start of episode 26.

LOL, yeah I noticed that too but I just thought it was hilarious...in fact just looking at that particular screen cap is making me bust out in a giggling fit.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2006-10-28, 21:28   Link #537
Sakuya
*Artist

I thought it was strange they included that as well when it's concentrated on the 5 Pillars. So I'm the only one who didn't notice it until now?
Old 2006-10-28, 21:36   Link #538
haruka108

Quote:
I thought it was strange they included that as well when it's concentrated on the 5 Pillars. So I'm the only one who didn't notice it until now?
i didn't notice either... *focused on the two in front*

that is a bit... ? why was Mai standing there anyway?
Closed Thread