AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2009-02-05, 17:09   Link #521
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

(See this as an example of how to do it)
What you did wrong:
  • You applied particular to a text layer; apply it to a solid instead (it might work.. but you're supposed to apply it to a solid)
  • The comp that is used as a layer emitter is very nice, but you've got a solid background which also emits particles.. try disabling that solid
  • Disable the emitter layer in your "OP" composition (so it won't be visible)
  • Particular's Layer and Layer Grid emitter suck.. you need to crank up the particles/sec to make some visible ones appear. Try 50000 (Basically.. it emits from the layer emitter, and emits from every pixel and takes that pixels alpha value as the alpha value for the particle.. so you got loads and loads of invisible particles)
  • Most of the time you want "Layer sampling" to be "particle birth time" instead of "current time".

Here's your aep with these fixes applied
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 17:12   Link #522
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

gundam : You have to precompose the layer before being able to launch particles from it.
Old 2009-02-06, 03:14   Link #523
_Anakyn_
poopoo

Gundam, you could try to, as pierre said, precompose ALL text layers in an individual composition with an opacity animator (as you said before if I remember well with keyframe style 2) BUT, and this may be the trick, stretch vertically the composition for it to be e.g.: 1280x40 or something like that. Think that Particular works better in layers with low area of alpha values, that is, if you got a 1280x720 comp, you'd need a high number of particles to see 'something.' Try it and let us know
_Anakyn_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 21:35   Link #524
Kyrie-Senpai

Hi , i would like to know how can i do this effect??
I've tried the tutorial that it's in the official website of Trapcode,
but until now i can't make this effect
This
this is the effect that make the letters bleeding and then dissapear
The true is that who made was _Anakyn_
Thanks you or anyone else for reply me
Kyrie-Senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 03:42   Link #525
_Anakyn_
poopoo

Hi there, Kyrie. That's Mnemosyne opening, right? Well, it was a simple Particular effect. Try to look for 'Trapcode plugins' in torrent trackers and you'll find Particular. Red color, a bit of gravity to make the blood pour down and you got the effect. Nothing too fancy at all.
Old 2009-02-09, 19:42   Link #526
Kyrie-Senpai

Hi , well i already did it but see how it looks
Blood
As you see , i don't know what i did wrong but it looks different as
yours, In yours the color explotes but in my case the color just is moving from one part to another
I let you here the project in case if you could help me and tell me what i'm doing wrong
Thnxz
Kyrie-Senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 08:49   Link #527
G.U.N.D.A.M

First off thanks guys for helping me it worked like a charm

Kyrie-Senpai
I don't know the script you're using to import your .ass file but you have got to use Shinji's script man, you can find links in this thread also I haven't really seen a bleed-out effect before so I'll just start things off and you do the rest

your problem is you haven't figured out the right settings that's all also you might want to make the syllable getting sung to fade away while the Particular effect is moving
here's a hint project

click here to download

it's a little missed up because I had to add keyframes manually but you get the idea...
G.U.N.D.A.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 20:42   Link #528
letsza

Hi I have a question in AFX [ i use shinji's script]

how can i make a "scale up" effect like in Pic Left ,that they dont lap into themself like in Pic right?

a sample project would nice
letsza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 05:56   Link #529
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

You have to set it per layer (you can also copy the setting and just paste it onto other layers instead of setting it individually for each layer).

Under "Text -> More Options" set "Anchor Point Grouping" to "Word" instead of "Character"
Old 2009-03-01, 17:05   Link #530
krisztian922

Hy, I need some help in AE, because I'm newbie and don't know a lot of thing yet

I want to make the gundam 00 S2 2nd title of the opening. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bww33YW5Mrc
How can I make water ripple/wave like in that title?

And one more question; after installing some new effects, I don't find them in AE. A few weeks ago I used CS3 and after I installed some plugins I saw them on the end of the effects section, but now...

Last edited by krisztian922; 2009-03-02 at 11:18.
krisztian922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 20:08   Link #531
Fazeshot
GAINAXヲタ

having problems with shinji's script

I'm having problems with shinji's script I'm a noob to AAE so I'm trying to import a karaoke'd .ass to AAE and after I load the script then select the .ass this is the error i get.

http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hmmmy.jpg

any help?
Old 2009-03-04, 10:50   Link #532
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Did you by any chance use \kf instead of \k in your .ass?
Old 2009-03-04, 19:20   Link #533
Fazeshot
GAINAXヲタ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_tjerk View Post
Did you by any chance use \kf instead of \k in your .ass?
Nope =( Should I upload the .ass so someone can take a look?
Old 2009-03-06, 00:29   Link #534
G.U.N.D.A.M

Fazeshot, the problem is in your .ass script.
Please upload the .ass file.
G.U.N.D.A.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 15:57   Link #535
crash-kun
AFX nub
*Fansubber

Skimmed through the last few pages of this thread and saw a few posts about using pichus script. I use pichus script daily and have a few video tutorials online that anyone can watch. I'm not going to pretend like I'm an expert at afx or pichus script but I figure its a good way for people to learn how the script works as well as a few more advanced features.

kyou-wa.koharubi.de/crash/Tutorials/KaraokeTutorial1.html
kyou-wa.koharubi.de/crash/Tutorials/KaraokeTutorial2.html

Those who want to see the final karaoke that the second tutorial explains should look here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwbQQHcNDp8 Watch in HD if you can its much better. There is also a full-res DDL link in the description

Those who have questions on the tutorials or things they explain feel free to PM me on IRC, my nick is crash. or send me a message on asuki, but you'll have a better chance of getting a fast response on IRC.

EDIT:
------------
These tutorials are out of date with script .56 and above. While the concept is still the same there is a completely different method of adding your KRK code.

Last edited by crash-kun; 2009-05-14 at 20:04.
crash-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 17:06   Link #536
pichu
*Fansubber

thanks crash-kun for the tutorial... i'm actually ashamed for making a hackjob on the interface.

I've started coding the next version, and it will need quite a bit of a rewrite. The reason: Modularization. Judging from how AE loads the scripts, this can be done. Remember, I wanted higher karaoke methods in AE. Modularization will enable me to add in more features easily like Masks, Drawings, Vectors (for drawing and masking), Maps, effects-specific prototyping, Meshes (for handling of meshwarps -- that will also depend in Vectors module developed later on), 3D calculations, and the list can go on forever.

the good news is that I'm going to take out call-function calls and replace them with JSON config.

An example of the configuration
Code:
{
	load: [ 'Project', 'Comp' , 'Layer', 'Property' , 'Animator' , 'Karaoke' ],
	Karaoke: {
		open: 'file.ass'
	} ,
	Project: {
		Comp: {
			COMP_NAME1: {
				Layer: {
					LAYER_NAME1: {
						Animator: {
							ANIMATOR1: {
							} ,
							ANIMATOR2: {
								type: 'fixed'
							}
						} ,
						Property: {
							'transform.opacity': {
								}
						}
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}
}
And later on, i'll make a config GUI, but it will be complicated to allow also modularization.

Edit: a good way to keep track of methods, classes, and names are to learn how to camelCase. Your names should be in ALLCAPS, all methods are lowerCamelCase, all classes/modules are UpperCamelCase. It shouldn't be any confusions.

Last edited by pichu; 2009-03-22 at 17:21.
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 17:03   Link #537
_Anakyn_
poopoo

Thank you so much, crash. Now I finally got to understand it. We appreciate it Powerful script, me likes it ^__^
Old 2009-03-24, 17:10   Link #538
pichu
*Fansubber

the next one will be more powerful... i have all sorts of weird ideas about it, how to extend and get it extended using Javascript objects, allowing users-submitted modules. There's just so much to be done here. (and i'm only on my line 500 into the codes [the old one is 3200 lines, and i have to scrap them off] -- will need about 2 months to get it finished)

I've been thinking of using layer comments to make it a bit more organized. Remind you of Auto4, huh?
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 18:13   Link #539
crash-kun
AFX nub
*Fansubber

No problem _Anakyn_ Also if anyone has suggestions for more tutorials, or has some feature they want explained please tell me and I will do my best to make a tutorial for it.

I look forward to the new script pichu!
crash-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 19:07   Link #540
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Maybe you could explain mocha for the typesetting noobs :> I don't think many people use it right now because it's a standalone app with a totally new interface, but it's pretty damn handy when you know how to use it. Besides, the is-this-black game gets really tiring after a while. Iirc there was this "AIM" sign on a book in some random index episode, and it looked like the typesetter did it with skew or whatever (and it looked like shit); it's so much easier to do with planar tracking.

Basically, you could do a tutorial on just about everything you encounter when typesetting in AFX; there aren't that many afx'ers out there (I think), but that should be no reason to stop you from using your sexy voice to create another useful tutorial