Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-29, 16:13   Link #41
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
The more I watch this show, the more I'm convinced it might be the best anime of 2007. Yes, sounds ridiculous, sounds crazy, but it's just so heartwarming and it just has a great story and cast. It makes me want to hunt down the novels.
I'm not going to go quite that far yet, but at the moment I'm putting it in the middle of my top ten for the year. How many other shows bring you to tears (as usagijen said) so often?

And the first novel is available free online, if you're willing to read it as a text file. Just for good measure, here is the Wikipedia page.

And yes, thanks to Digital Panic for the subs.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 17:12   Link #42
Westlo
Lets be reality

Nice to see this series getting more subbed releases, I'll probably start watching it soon since it looks like it will get finished unlike Les Misérables - Shoujo Cosette.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 02:37   Link #43
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Oh boy. Watching the latest few episodes that was released a few days back, I actually cried in two of them. The separation, the death, the social situation inside the Murray house.. Even when they weren't elaborated upon too much, you can just feel the weight of each moment one by one. I mean, I was getting stressed right with Emily. The empathy factor is just ridiculously high with this show.

This show just knows how to push the emotional buttons and does it in such a classy way in that I can't really remember many anime that has done so without any gratuitousness.

Now I'm just about fully convinced it's among the top 3 shows of 2007. It's a shame that the show seems to go unnoticed by most and I believe it truly is one of the 'must watch' types of shows in the last year.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 12:56   Link #44
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Phew, means i wasnt the only one that cried (or very very watery eyes .. whatever :P). Glad to see you enjoyed it too, and i don't really care that very few people watched it. It's not like naruto or bleach; many people will certainly not like this kind of drama story (same with les miserables).
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 02:04   Link #45
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Yes, unfortunately, I do believe people in general have lousy tastes and just weird priorities over anime viewership. Same to music, games, movies, etc etc.

Even by masterpiece theater anime are concerned, I can genuinely say that Emily of New Moon is probably the BEST example of its kind ever made. And in a quick and easy 26 episodes. I could actually live with 26 more if that was possible.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 22:04   Link #46
CelesAurivern
Mein Kampf :D
*Fansubber

This show is like Emily's book.
You gotta pass it around before it gains any recognition.
CelesAurivern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 13:17   Link #47
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Oh my God! I just discovered this beautiful anime. I can't believe I cried watching episode 8... Manly tears were shed! It has been a very long time seen a saw an anime that was able to convey such deep emotions through graphics alone.

How can there be such a master piece hidden in the dark corners of the anime world without generating much fuzz? Either the anime community as a whole has degraded its standards to shallow violence and sex-charged anime or the creators of this work did a very terrible job at advertising it.
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 03:28   Link #48
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Finally finished watching the anime. I must say it is truly a master piece... In fact it is the best anime I have ever seen... What a shame it is not well known at all. Works of art of the caliber deserve much more.
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 20:19   Link #49
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
Yes, the anime community has degraded, a LOT. There's not such good shows based on classic literature anymore, thankfully we had Emily recently. Did you know that it was based on a novel by ther same author of Anne of Green Gabbles?

Sugetsu, based on your comments I think that you don't know of World Masterpiece Theater series, Google it, you'll be surprised.
If you want help on searching for them , I can give you a hand.
Old 2011-02-12, 19:47   Link #50
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Either the anime community as a whole has degraded its standards to shallow violence and sex-charged anime or the creators of this work did a very terrible job at advertising it.
It's the type of material. There's a following for realistic drama and slice-of-life shows, but people are typically interested in more contemporary themes/settings.

At any rate, I have a feeling that L.M. Montgomery is better appreciated by people who are older than the typical anime fan. For instance, I didn't care for Anne of Green Gables at all when I read it as a kid, but the simple innocence (even regarding tragedy) and romanticized depiction of everything became very appealing later.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, historical