AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 55 41.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 31.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 19.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-10-23, 23:31   Link #21
LaoED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Haha that was great. He just felt so bad for how scared she looked so he dropped pretending to get beaten . It really was a tough spot for him. He couldn't really attack since it'd mean beating her up and yet taking attacks would kill him.

Definitely the best episode of the series so far. Part of the fun was just seeing how Mikoto reacts when it comes to Touma. The reaction of her being called out as a Tsunjire was great. An embarrassed Mikoto is nice to see. Some violent reactions but pretty honest in terms of what is expressed on her face.

Certainly a rough day for Touma....his poor eggs . Tries to help this lost person and gets blamed for taking off her blouse, his eggs that he waited in line for two hours to get broke, and then he had to fight Mikoto who attacked him with things that would have killed most people .

That fight was great though. Mikoto really came out with some great moves to try and take him down. The iron sword was something to see in action. Yeah he might get a small scratch if that thing hit him . Of course he might also lose a limb....A pretty good follow up to sneak in and get direct contact. Of course she had to grab the hand that would make her unable to use her ability.

Certainly a fateful first meeting. Tries to step in to help and she refused to go along with it. Nothing would be the same again after that. Plus it was good to hear him call her BiriBiri again .
Agreed, enjoyed the previous episodes, but this one takes the cake. I'm loving for some more MikotoxTouma interactions. You know, I actually want to see more of Touma, with no Index, but with Mikoto......is this wrong?

Last edited by LaoED; 2009-10-23 at 23:32. Reason: Forgot to add more..
LaoED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 23:31   Link #22
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post

The magazine in question looks to be the latest issue of Dengeki Daioh, which also has a small ad for Railgun on the front. This calls into question the fictionality level of Mikoto's own universe.
why are they constantly promoting shana in this show
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 23:32   Link #23
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
why are they constantly promoting shana in this show
It's called synergy. The palmtop tiger makes an appearance in Haruka, Shana makes an appearance in Railgun, etc. One big interconnected web of Dengeki cross-promotion.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 23:34   Link #24
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

its not easter but easter egg hunting is great
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 23:43   Link #25
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

Toumaaaa toumaaaa~ (- _-)//
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 23:44   Link #26
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Fuh
Well, definitely not being a follow to your original statement, but can't expect more, I guess...
As if the reasons you gave excuse them of churning out bad episodes. Whether they follow the manga or not, what matters is how enjoyable the episodes are, and the last two were marred by repetitive jokes and the general inanity of the plot.

Can't expect more from you, I guess...
Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 23:44   Link #27
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoED View Post
Agreed, enjoyed the previous episodes, but this one takes the cake. I'm loving for some more MikotoxTouma interactions. You know, I actually want to see more of Touma, with no Index, but with Mikoto......is this wrong?
Well for some reason this anime is called To aru kagaku no Railgun
Railgun: Touma, with no Index, but with Mikoto
Index: Touma, with no Mikoto, but with Index and his whole harem
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 23:45   Link #28
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I thot the Shana was hard to spot, looks like I found it on the first past. What I didn't expect was this month's issue of Dengaki, and the free Railgun keychain.

As for those who loved the previous episodes, this one just takes the cake. I was really grinning all the way. Looks like Touma is set to appear a lot in this series too, hope we eventually see Touma Radar in action.

I just hope Railgun doesn't turn into a To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, now that Touma has appeared!!!

...and on a side note: they really should start taking that Jigoku Rumor Shoujo site more seriously. It's been speaking nothing but truth.
Old 2009-10-23, 23:57   Link #29
Bordix

I'm so glad that didn't follow the manga exactly, which means those who've read the manga has something new to look forward to. A really entertaining episode, especially the urban legends: stripper lady and Touma I haven't really enjoyed railgun since episode 1, but this one definitely brought that enjoyment back.

Touma's voice kinda changed a bit, I think (and its a good change btw). Also, it's interesting to know this is Mikoto's first time going "all-out" against somebody.
Old 2009-10-24, 00:03   Link #30
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Its me or the stripper scientist wants to join Touma harem???
Please don't make me fantasize super hard for it.

Even harder if it's impossible.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2009-10-24 at 00:16.
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 00:10   Link #31
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
...and on a side note: they really should start taking that Jigoku Rumor Shoujo site more seriously. It's been speaking nothing but truth.
I think you have a point. That site clearly has deep insights that should be respected. Wonder what other kinds of interesting information is out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoED View Post
It's absolutely right! There is nothing wrong with wanting that .

I still can't get past how good that bit with the eggs was. They even brought out the sad violin tune for it.
Old 2009-10-24, 00:11   Link #32
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Hey, Mikoto gets more development. Plus one point.

Hey, they finally introduced Touma. Plus one bias point.

Hey, this scientist doesn't look so nice, is this a plot I smell? Plus one point.

Hey, less of the girl's silly repetitive antics! Plus one point.

Thus, this episode gets my rating of last week's episode (4/10) + 4 = 8/10! Amazing. What happened to the JC staff?
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 00:14   Link #33
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Oi, oi, in the first place, I never considered them bad episodes, so I wasn't giving an excuse for churning out bad episodes. They have their own plans. They didn't say they were going to ignore the manga. Yet the moment they seem to follow it, you act as if they changed people, assuming you think you are in the position to decide for them.
Also, I was talking about how your attempt(?) to defend your statement wasn't acting as a follow... I never made a follow towards my reason, yet your statement... What was I following...? Maybe a follow for JC Staff, but not myself, yet I was talking about your own comment to your own comment... Mm?
Second, I was simply saying your comment showed you to be far less competent then they are. Though, well, considering they have the skills to get to their position and you are well... doing this... No need to complete the statement for you, no?

PS: If you are going to retaliate by mirroring, try to at least make sense.
Wow, this is seriously bad.

1. The argument you make--that I can't criticize them because I can't produce anime like they do--is stupid. Do you think film critics, art critics, or any piece of criticism is invalid simply because the people writing them are writers, not directors or artists?

2. What the fuck does 'I never made a follow' mean? What are you trying to say by using a verb as something it isn't? Is English your second language? Please don't question the competence of others.

3. Like I stated before, it doesn't matter if they follow the manga or not. All that matters is that they churn out quality episodes, and I thought that episode four was a big improvement over the previous ones. Yet you bring up...

Quote:
They have their own plans. They didn't say they were going to ignore the manga. Yet the moment they seem to follow it, you act as if they changed people, assuming you think you are in the position to decide for them
...as if I was complaining about that. I don't care about canon. I think you're confusing me with someone else, because my argument is simply that episode four, whether it follows the manga or not, is simply a better product than the two episodes that came before.

Finally, I have a hard time reading your posts. Incoherence ftl.
Old 2009-10-24, 00:21   Link #34
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Now then, time to get rid of the pointless argument posts... Need to make a note to myself to ignore the... *looks out the window* people...

Ha~i, nothing to see here, moving on, folks~ Just the usually weekly arguments occurring in the episode threads that don't really have anything to do with the episode itself

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 00:26   Link #35
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Now then, time to get rid of the pointless argument posts... Need to make a note to myself to ignore the... *looks out the window* people...
You did confuse me for someone else there, didn't you? Go ahead and ignore, I'm tired of your passive aggressive crap too. It wouldn't annoy me so much if you actually made sense!

Quote:
Ha~i, nothing to see here, moving on, folks~ Just the usually weekly arguments occurring in the episode threads that don't really have anything to do with the episode itself
What's funny is that you started an argument based on the assumption that I was for a literal interpretation of the manga, then you dropped it when you realized I wasn't. I'll stop now, but wow.
Old 2009-10-24, 00:29   Link #36
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Kawaii~~

But I guess its a fashion nowadays no? Tsun-- er... tsun... tsundara...? Or tsunjire...?

*finds himself in darkness*

...eh?
Old 2009-10-24, 00:33   Link #37
Miraluka
Banned

Don't follow their line MeisBa this thread is named To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 4 Discussion / Poll
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 00:38   Link #38
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
What's funny is that you started an argument based on the assumption that I was for a literal interpretation of the manga, then you dropped it when you realized I wasn't. I'll stop now, but wow.
1. No, I didn't assume that.
2. Let's do it over private messages. Like I said, this thread isn't for that stuff, which is why I stopped, as stated.
No, don't reply to this post either.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 00:57   Link #39
Sol Falling

So that man finally showed up in my lesbian animu. Bah. At least he was good for some action, but this tsundere harem shit is just zzzz.

Anyway, this episode was pretty decent. Better than ep. 3, at least. lol at half the urban legends being true: undressing woman, ability canceller, lolblatant-foreshadowing 'level upper'. Now I'm wondering whether that 'imaginary number district' or whatever exists too (don't spoil me).

I'm hoping for some Kuroko action next week. She was pretty badass in ep. 1, let's see some more teleportation badassery.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 01:03   Link #40
kittybear

I feel sorry for misaka she just keeps losing especially when she took his hand lol. Kuroko is officially crazy.
kittybear is offline   Reply With Quote