AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-24, 17:17   Link #2321
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'd better stop posting summaries if people are going to form snap judgments from them without actually watching the episode. I liked the episode, myself. My summary isn't that great, and the plot outline is not all there is to the episode.
Spoiler for ep26:
EDIT: Someone gave me negative rep for this post. On balance, I think they were justified. No complaints. I shouldn't form "snap judgments" on what people were basing their judgments on.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-12-28 at 14:45.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 22:56   Link #2322
Peanutbutter

I'm not surprised they're having such an ending.

The whole series has riddles all over. Not a straightforward and easy series to grasp and understand.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 01:49   Link #2323
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for last episode and final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 06:40   Link #2324
MrDerrickC

Have not seen ep 26 yet but was curious to know what the title of the song is in ep 23 and ep 25, Yuki's song, the piano piece. Koiiro Sora?
MrDerrickC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-26, 12:59   Link #2325
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Page 26.:

I've been giving this show plenty of praise, though most of that started with the second season. I loved the first, though the second is when the true nature of the series started to appear, and it's unique approach at telling a story and handling it's characters shined oh so bright. Truly a brilliant second half to the story. Overall it get's a 9/10 from me.

Now i just hope for a soundtrack release, though i get a feeling that's never going to happen.
Old 2009-12-26, 20:32   Link #2326
Peanutbutter

Spoiler for After watching ep 26:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-26, 23:52   Link #2327
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Whoa, that was...I don't know. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed, but I am satisfied at the same time.

Spoiler for Episode 26:

Like Shiroth said, unique all the way to the end. I'd give it a 7/10 since some things were left open or dropped all together (ie: Tamaru) but once I factor in how much fun I had, it goes right up to a 10.

I want to read some R. K. Browning now, lol.

And I am sad this is over, it was so much fun to wait for it then to watch it and then to talk about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
I'm not surprised they're having such an ending.

The whole series has riddles all over. Not a straightforward and easy series to grasp and understand.
That's what makes it so great in my opinion. It makes you think and gives you plenty of room to interpret. Its got an artistic feel to it. I'll be watching this again for sure.

And I will return to my duet signature once again since I loved it so much.
Old 2009-12-27, 01:30   Link #2328
wb121

Must have insert song now!

Spoiler for song:

Spoiler for About the episode:
wb121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 01:53   Link #2329
Demifall

fantastic ending, was beautiful the way they ended it in my opinion
Spoiler for 26:
Demifall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 04:01   Link #2330
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Horriblesubs made the wrong subs. They encoded Yumeiro Patisserie's subs into theirs.

EDIT :

Just watched a real version. The ending is really nice IMO. The duet is damned nice......and the Mizuki Nana's vocals are totally off-charts in epicness.

Spoiler for spoilers:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2009-12-27 at 05:10.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 05:31   Link #2331
Freeter
beyond

Now that is how you troll your audience. And I mean that in a good way. Bones, KyoAni, you might want to take notes.

Spoiler for final page:

Best show this season, 9/10 overall from me. (if he nailed Menou and Rina it would've been an 11 ) Next season looks utterly boring, so I'm hoping there's another gem like this amidst the sea of crap headed our way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

Spoiler for spoilers:
Spoiler for eiji:
Old 2009-12-27, 05:44   Link #2332
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-12-27, 10:46   Link #2333
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

The things I am disappointed about are:

• The lack of Rina in the second season.
• How Touya's dad's death went practically unnoticed.
• In the second season, how there wasn't enough Rina time.
• Tamaru & Fatso's stuff was dropped and they didn't get the justice they deserved.
• Rina not having the time and development she deserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demifall View Post
fantastic ending, was beautiful the way they ended it in my opinion
Spoiler for 26:
Yeah, I loved how you heard how each of the girls said his name, it was great.

Quote:
Horriblesubs made the wrong subs. They encoded Yumeiro Patisserie's subs into theirs.

EDIT :

Just watched a real version. The ending is really nice IMO. The duet is damned nice......and the Mizuki Nana's vocals are totally off-charts in epicness.

Spoiler for spoilers:
Mana is so cute. She should have gotten a hug at the end though. She has such a huge crush on the jerk too.
Old 2009-12-27, 11:00   Link #2334
crayven

Well the story ended in the way that's most sensible I guess. We get no climax in the last episode and our 2 girls acted camly till the very end. Still I would have liked Rina to have a little more screen time and development but I think this is the best you can do to "interwine" all the routes in the game, introduce all the girls and get them to a good enough closure without neglecting the main rivalry. BUT my Rina still get shafted a bit. Porr Rina.

Menou was fascinating though, I'd love to hear her voice more.

8.5 for the 2nd season!
crayven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 12:38   Link #2335
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Mana is so cute. She should have gotten a hug at the end though. She has such a huge crush on the jerk too.
I find her cute when she called Menou onee-chan for the first time in the entire series while the latter was trolling her about "Touya-kun". If Touya chose her route, he could have gotten two for the price of one, then effectively minus-ing off their mother via means of a heart attack.

I don't think Mana realised that she has fallen in love with Touya until after the exams. All the while she thought she has been trying to play cupid between Yuki and that guy, but instead, fell for Touya.

What I really like about how everything turned out is :

1. Eiji actually did not give up on finding his goddess, even going as far to fly off in search of that picture right after his release. Behind all that politicking and competition with Kanzaki, he isn't just a heartless marketeer hellbent on making money. He had a wish.

2. Kanzaki turned herself over to the police as she was the one who sold the paintings to Eiji. I think the reason why she got released is because she got the arts through personal sources and there is no credible evidence against her. Secondly, she patched up her broken family, after being enlightened after this farce that, she only provided for her daughters' material needs, but never their emotional needs. Looks like she retired for good.

3. Mana reconciled with her mother and sister, despite her "it is not like I wanted to..." facade. How much more cuteness can you ask from a tsundere other than that final pout at Touya? Her final act of looking out of the window back at Touya is an act of admittance of her feelings for that guy as she is going to miss him for the days to come.

OT : Although, there MIGHT be a high possibility that she married someone by the name of Nakano and had a daughter who is just as cute.....

EDIT :

Albums to be released on New Year's Day!

Yuki : 恋色空~Koi Irosora (Love-stained Sky) & 悲しみよ、こんにちは~Kanashimiyo, Konnichiha(Sorrow, Today)

Rina : Powder Snow & 1986年のマリリン~1986 nenno Maririn (Marilyn Of Year 1986)

Rina's 2nd track....is her "Marilyn" referring to Marilyn Monroe?

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2009-12-27 at 13:55.
Old 2009-12-27, 15:04   Link #2336
velvet nightmare

well that was really underwhelming, didn't get my school days ending =( though i do applaud them for wrapping up all those stories in 1 episode (at the cost of rina/yuki time)

i also applaud yayoi for being a good sport, properly passing on messages

first time i've ever seen someone get a medal for peeing in their pants. i mean really? lol i know they're kids but still.

man, i always had a hunch that bitch haruka was trouble.
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 20:16   Link #2337
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I really admire how they left Yuki & Rina's plotlines alone and open at the end. They could have really half assed them and closed each one off but they didn't. Plenty was left open for the viewer and the fact that they were the only two girls who didn't have a clean cut meant something all together as well.

Brilliant.

Quote:
I find her cute when she called Menou onee-chan for the first time in the entire series while the latter was trolling her about "Touya-kun". If Touya chose her route, he could have gotten two for the price of one, then effectively minus-ing off their mother via means of a heart attack.

I don't think Mana realised that she has fallen in love with Touya until after the exams. All the while she thought she has been trying to play cupid between Yuki and that guy, but instead, fell for Touya.
Nah. She totally liked the guy since they were in high school together. She only wanted a tutor from a specific school, the one where Touya graduated from, and she kept throwing out all of the tutors until she found him. And even though she decided to take a test where no math was needed (not that she even needed help to begin with) she still kept him as her tutor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
first time i've ever seen someone get a medal for peeing in their pants. i mean really? lol i know they're kids but still.

man, i always had a hunch that bitch haruka was trouble.
That was a strange way to reward someone but Yuki was a little kid. And Haruka was only keep Touya to herself, again, she was a little kid.
Old 2009-12-27, 20:29   Link #2338
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Nah. She totally liked the guy since they were in high school together. She only wanted a tutor from a specific school, the one where Touya graduated from, and she kept throwing out all of the tutors until she found him. And even though she decided to take a test where no math was needed (not that she even needed help to begin with) she still kept him as her tutor.
wait they went to high school together? how much younger was she?

or was it like a freshman crush on a senior. and how did that even happen? i figure they'd never been in contact with each other before?

man i really have to rewatch the series again, i have huge gaps lol
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 21:04   Link #2339
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
wait they went to high school together? how much younger was she?

or was it like a freshman crush on a senior. and how did that even happen? i figure they'd never been in contact with each other before?

man i really have to rewatch the series again, i have huge gaps lol
Touya is only three years older than Mana (20 and 17). So it was a freshman's crush on a senior.
Old 2009-12-27, 21:04   Link #2340
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ok finally watch the last episode .

Wow , what an end ! I mean , some things aren't resolved yet ...
Oh well , it was great as usual .
So , Touya's past was that . Ow , it was Haruka !
Well , finally it was resolved ... but omg the end with no Yuki ? i mean , she waited for him but i wanted to see her expressions about his cheating .
Mana and Menou together with mom
So , Touya x Yuki ending ?

Give it 8/10 . But still unclear .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen